It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ADL releases Report Similar to SPLC

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+70 more 
posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
The ADL has come up with a new report after gleaning many posts from commenters on many different websites.

And guess what: Several ATS members are in there.

Many like to blow off steam as "keyboard commandos", but now "they" are trying to make it seem serious enough to publish a report of their "findings". As things seem to be rolling down the "She pointed a Finger Gun at the Teacher so She is a Terrorist" slippery slope, I suggest remembering that what some think of as free speech, others are building lists around.

Unfortunately, the Hutaree arrests may come to be seen not as the culmination, but rather as a first step in what may need to become a major national law enforcement operation.

ADL Report (PDF)

ADMIN UPDATE

We (AboveTopSecret.com management) have sent a "DMCA Take-Down" notice to the ADL for the improper use of content posted by our members.

The notice is available on Page Eleven of this thread.

[edit on 23-4-2010 by SkepticOverlord]

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by 1SawSomeThings

Good find .... you certainly did see something .

=================================================
Any response from Doc Velocity - Boondock Saint and Sickle and Hammer .

I`m familiar with the first two members names but not the latter.

================================================

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Excellent find indeed.

I am afraid that they will use stuff like this to take away freedom of speech on the internet.

Edit to say that this should get on the front-page imo, since it are reports like this that can hurt the future of ATS and the internet.

Next thing is we are an extremist forum.

Just one of these posts in the report needs to be someone who takes action in real life and there will be new restrictions and laws.

[edit on 22-4-2010 by Grey Magic]

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Way to go Boondock-saint and Sickle_and_hammer, you made the FBI via ADL's watch list...

“Violence…I think we’re missing the point of violence, gentlemen. It’s to send a message, not to simply kill; you can kill any guy on the street, but when a congressman dies, things are bound to be understood and change. The problem as to why violence has not manifested yet is because there is not an obvious, near target; we have Obama and his ilk, but these figureheads are unreachable, and not attackable for obvious reasons. There’s no one else that we know of that is supporting this except the underlings such as Congress and Senate. Theoretically speaking, these would be the people to hit, or possibly those underneath them.” Post by “Sickle_and_Hammer” on Above Top Secret Forums, March 24, 2010.

“I think I remember an old adage from long ago, can’t remember where I heard it or who said it…but it went something like this: If a man won’t change his ideals with words, then you change his mind with a bullet.” Post by “boondock-saint” on the Above Top Secret Forums, March 24, 2010.

See they do pay attention to us.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by UmbraSumus

Not expecting responses, just putting it out there because it dovetails so much with the SPLC report that it scares the bejeezus out of me.
SPLC/ADL/AIPAC/CUFI......

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by UmbraSumus

I diddnt see Doc on there what page was it on?

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by poedxsoldiervet

“When you start talking about terrorists imposing their will on our nation,” explained “Doc Velocity” on the Above Top Secret forums on March 24, “you must realize that Congressional Democrats are the terrorists who in no way represent the MAJORITY of the American People.”

On page 9

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
This post has 3 hits with Above Top Secret in it WOW.

Times are not that bad in America we need to educate and remember who we are. We can still vote and last time I checked we still have our constitutional rights.

Do you ever get the feeling that you are being watched? You should and that is exactly the point of it all FEAR.

We need to remember to keep it peaceful and honest. Also think before you write. Anger is not a good thing and will be used against you. Make good honest points and never threaten anyone.

We need to build America up not tear it down. If you consider yourself a patriot remember this.

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I don't even know what to say to this ...

We may disagree in our opinions but surely we have the right to express them.

Especially on sites such as ATS which are neutral and have strict T&C to specifically prevent overt hate speech.

I ... I ... am floored!

Perhaps this is just naivete on my part ... I sit here on a daily basis typing out my thoughts on this site and always thought that no one either much cared or was paying much attention. I have stated so on many an occasion ... I was wrong.

The implications of this seem huge to me.

Are they trying to intimidate to curb the flow of what they consider hate speech?
Are they going to suggest to LEO to find the identity of the named members?
Are they going to try and smear ATS further in an effort to discourage people from speaking their mind?

My mind is overwhelmed with how many things seem wrong about this ... most of all, it feels violated.

I can't even imagine how the named members feel.

The realization that everything we write is there forever has always been there, the frightful consequences haven't ...

I wonder how this will affect all of us ...

[edit on 22 Apr 2010 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

I agree. I do find it funny though that you can organize huge rallies and protests on DC, and your not even paid attention to. Say something about violence on a message board though, you've got their full attention.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

That is the point FEAR. We need to keep it honest and most of all peaceful.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Poor Doc Velocity, he's one of the moderates here! I've never heard Doc call for violence or even to defend it. His responses are always well thought out and intelligent. He doesn't deserve being on any lists, that's for sure!
This is for you ADL

Note that they only picked posts from march 24 on ATS. Lazy bastards

[edit on 22-4-2010 by Asktheanimals]

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

This report is not about truth it is about FEAR. Context and facts have nothing to do with this and the liberals should also be upset because propaganda can also be used against them if the coin flips.

[edit on 22-4-2010 by Subjective Truth]

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I suppose if I had access to everything everyone was saying I could build a case for why any group,person, culture, religion or country is a terrorist or any other label.

They choose quotes from the more controversial topics or the outright ludicrous and pass over the hundreds of thoughtful and compassionate posts I read everyday on this website.

Places like this aren't havens for lunatics (though it could that too) but a place for free discussion.

If this site has users that could be used to label its entirety, a danger, than all of society by their logic is a danger.

music came and some of it was censored because of a persons actions
books came and some were censored because of a persons actions
Film came and some were censored because of a persons actions
the internet came and was censored because of a person's actions

People will justify their actions no matter how wrong they may be.
Politics is a good place to start that piece of research.
Religion is another
Law enforcement as well
lets not forget the courts
and of course the daily course of events in ones life.

The funniest part is if the messages had been about using violence to issue change in a foreign country they wouldn't have a problem with that.

Its only because the person advocating violence as a tool believed it to be worthy of consideration when it pertained to their own countries state of affairs that it suddenly became a crazy person speaking.

I love how a government is the final authority on a persons character and morality.

So now I have some evidence that the site is monitored I would like to state for the record I deplore violence but believe the spirit of civil non-participation with regards to the world's state is admirable.

The FBI and CIA both use violence, sometimes warranted and sometimes not. It is an effective tool for making change, or so I believed because of the fine historical examples both agencies have provided for me.

I have grown up believing that war was natural and achieved good things because you have show me it to be so.

I don't know why you would be so concerned. Afterall it was your example that taught me as a child punching a bully in the nose and knocking him to the ground for the playground to see was the most effective option.

These aren't extremists bent on murdering anybody. This site is full of people concerned for the state of the world and their country (an admirable trait I was taught in government approved curricula) who have no recourse to voice their concerns because the limits of debate are so narrow in politics and the media.

People are a product of their enviroment. If there is more vitriol and hate around then there used to be, perhaps its time to take a good hard look at yourselves and the government that funds you. Perhaps the reason the problem isn't going away is your looking at the symptoms and not the cause.

Cheers

[edit on 22-4-2010 by thebulldog]

[edit on 22-4-2010 by thebulldog]

+8 more 
posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Here is where the untruthful propoganda begins.

An anonomous post from a site is quoted in a document by the ADL or SPLC. They draw no conclusions, just quote it.

A DHS document quotes the post, citing the ADL/SPLC document as a reliable source. Draws the conclusion that if ADL/SPLC are referencing it, it must be hate speech.

Main stream media sources pick-up on the DHS document and draws the conclusion that the site that the post appeared on must be a hate site ran by a hate group.

All members on the site are deemed "hateful people" by main stream media.

Anyone whoever posted is now associated with a hate group.

See how propoganda works. Himler said it best: Repeat a lie often enough, and the lie becomes the truth.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Wow I'm just glad Bush still isn't in office. I had more than a few bad things to say about him and the US government in general during the more heated debate before and during the Iraq war. Recently I don't believe I have said anything to worry about, no fan of Obama or current government but I haven't risen to anger over anything they have done. I will have to remember to keep my emotions in check just incase though.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Interesting report. Reading it sounded more like propaganda to me, something for the MSM to run with. After reading it they really aren't saying much of anything. It's like they are trying to draw attention to what they consider "extremist" for political ends.

I noticed one point they made about these "extremist" believe that most of American didn't want the bill, it's almost like they are trying to imply that most of America did. The only thing I got out of this report is cherry picking posts and adding commentary in between them to spin it like these people are really going to do something.

Personally I really wouldn't be worried about this report at all in fact what I would do is if I was one of the people mentioned is compile all my posts and put them out there so people could judge for themselves. I'd imagine if most of the people mentioned in that report did that it would discredit the ADL report pretty quickly.

So in all I really wouldn't worry about it. The only thing I would worry about is if the FBI or Secret Service has contacted the ATS owners and have requested for the info of the members listed to be handed over.

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Ahahaha! That is great, let them complain that people are waking up. The ADL has no place in America, they promote a sanitized worldview that is the epitome of ignorance.

+17 more 
posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I can't express how disappointed I am that none of my posts are quoted in the report.

Kudos to Doc Velocity, boondock-saint and Sickle_and_Hammer.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
This is infuriating! How dare they blemish the good names of my fellow posters. Who the hell gives them the right to do this? I mean do we no longer have free speech in this country?

That entire report is the biggest crock of bull# I have seen in my entire life. Nothing but slander on every single page. I hope the ADL gets sued out of existence and their leadership imprisoned for civil rights violations.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join