It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ADL releases Report Similar to SPLC

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 05:54 AM
link   
This is so messed up!

But I agree that this IS just trying to put us in fear. Because one of the posts from ATS is mostly a quote. You can't judge a man from a quote. It is not his words, he just speaks them in relevance of the topic. He may not even stand by them. So you can't do anything to that person unless the person admits he stands by that quote, etc.

Anyways, that's not even the point. Keep posting your opinions and thoughts and be thoughtful!

With that being said, a group is never violent, the individuals are.
So, it's kind of hard to point ATS as an extremist website, since I believe 99% are definitely not, and in my opinion, the last 1% aren't either..

Funny to see how "1984" comes to life more everday!

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog

I ... I ... am floored!

Perhaps this is just naivete on my part ... I sit here on a daily basis typing out my thoughts on this site and always thought that no one either much cared or was paying much attention. I have stated so on many an occasion ... I was wrong.

The implications of this seem huge to me.

Are they trying to intimidate to curb the flow of what they consider hate speech?
Are they going to suggest to LEO to find the identity of the named members?
Are they going to try and smear ATS further in an effort to discourage people from speaking their mind?

[edit on 22 Apr 2010 by schrodingers dog]

What makes you think they haven’t started to already. We are on a slippery slope to totalitarianism. But remember we do still have a constitution and in it we have the right to free speech. Use it responsibly as not to pass poor judgment on your peers.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 06:38 AM
link   
The ADL are a joke, just like the NAACP. Anyone that supports either of these is an idiot and it really shouldn't bother anyone if your screen name or real name is on the ADL website, report or what ever. They are pathetic, self centered, "look at me, I'm a Jew, have pity for me" morons. The same ones that talk on and on about the holocaust and how they have suffered when they weren't even born then. Morons.

[edit on 23-4-2010 by TruthSeeker8300]

[edit on 23-4-2010 by TruthSeeker8300]

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   
i must be in a diff galaxy

Date = www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 4/23/2010 by dashar]

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 07:10 AM
link   
The report confirms the belief by many that there are paid posters on here. For sure we now know there are paid readers.

It wouldn't surprise me if agencies such as ADL start contentious threads on this and other forums to elicit responses which they then use to justify their existence.

Virtual false flags if you like.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Reply to post by Grey Magic

Is their a single american that does not agree with this post? Our lawmakers are criminals not the people speaking out against them.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by 1SawSomeThings

My only problem with the report is that it is called "anti-government" extremism, whereas the proper term would be pro-government extremism given the extreme ideology these people have of enforcing the US constitution.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Well I made the list. It is amusing how Average American People Can make an - Anti-Goverment list while the voted in people can create and vote in Unconstitutional laws and they make no list, and in fact are applauded.

Ohhhhhh I am so sorry I have called a Spade a Spade - NOT.

Recon3

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   
It is not the dog that barks loudest that you have to worry about. The one that bites is seldom heard.

reluctantpawn

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthSeeker8300

While all of that may or may not be true and blah blah blah ...

When are you people gonna wake up and realize who ACTUALLY runs this country that you so foolishly think belongs to 'us' ?

Why is it that everyone is acting so surprised and horrified that this could happen ?

Surely to god , I'm not the only one on this site who has an inkling as to who actually gives the orders in this corporation we call America ?

Free speech ?
Umm yea , okay .

Start slammin' the adl and jdl and the host of other agencies that belong to the man and see how far that gets you .

Then again , it is quite apparent to me that most of the members here have absolutely no idea who 'the man' is anyway .

You actually think the prez and congress run this little playhouse ?

I made several posts here a few weeks ago , cautioning people to choose their words wisely , as I could see this very thing coming . And you know what ? My posts weren't even acknowledged .

Most people feel better in a group , when it comes to airing their opinions , and if someone tries to give a warning , then that warning goes unheeded because the rest of the group is there to 'prop up' that same opinion .

Surely , you all have seen video coverage of rioting . You have a crowd who is rioting and throwing stones etc. Watch closely the next time you see one of these .

You'll see some guy running from the crowd , hurling rocks , or bottles , or whatever , towards the riot police . He then runs back 'into' the crowd and is absorbed by the throng .

He is acting in unison with the crowd as a whole , and thinks he has exercised his 'opinion' successfully .

Until the video is scrutined and he is 'filtered' out and identified . Then he is arrested and charged . Never mind that the majority of the crowd is not identified and charged .

The same thing is happening here . The 'crowd' is being monitered and filtered . Those whose 'opinions' stand out are singled out and scrutinized .

On a personal note , I myself wouldn't sweat it too much boondock , you didn't make any direct threats . You were simply expressing an opinion and used an analogy to do so . That is not a crime . I saw nothing in your post that openly advocated violence .

The line has to be drawn somewhere . The POTUS can give open declarations to assassinate individuals , the MSM can vilify those individuals or groups who call for REAL change , the military can sanction and condone the killing of civilians all under cover of 'collateral damage' , and the henchmen of 'the man' continues to persecute the voices of dissent .

Welcome to America , Land of the Knee , home of the Slave .

'The times they are-a-changin ...' (Bob Dylan )

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   
A few years ago I had a neighbor who was a former agent of one of the spaghetti agencies. I mentioned to him that I go to ATS every day to read the latest news, and he informed me that his agency had people that read here every day too, getting the "pulse" of the American people. I have to believe they do. So be it.

It is clear that the powers are running scared, people. And it's people like us, those who frequent these forums, that are scaring them. Thank the ones responsible for the internet, for without it, TPTB would still be walking all over our Constitution, and over us too. We are having an effect, people, and I say let's turn up the fire a little. If they are reading us, then let us tell them what we really think. To tell the truth, I can get pretty radical in here sometimes, and was a little surprised that one of my posts wasn't included. Maybe they have another, secret list of Sedition People. That, by the way, is what the White house is calling Glen Beck now. Alex Jones is talking how he is now on their hit list. I hope TPTB know that when they kill one of us, people make up into heroes after that. Look at Bill Cooper and Randy Weaver if you don't believe me.

I heard last night about a new tax they are talking about in the Hill, a consumer style tax. Many have called for ending the current tax structure, and going to a consumer tax, but TPTB want to add this new tax on top of the other taxes. Some people will be paying out 75% of their wages in taxes. Why even go to work, if 3/4 of your money goes to pay the FED? Does everyone know what the National Debt is? It is interest owed to the FED for using their dollars to buy groceries and gasoline, and make house payments. Now we have a government mandated insurance policy that we are commanded to buy, or pay a huge fine, and have your bank account seized. They are now fixing the price of Gold, and Silver. These government minions are scared, people, they can see their fortunes draining, and they are making one last hurrah on us, a full takeover and a final squeeze, to get every penny. Welcome to the New World Order Police State. Mama, where is my musket? Didn't think I'd have to use it again.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by reluctantpawn

Yes, this is what I mentioned earlier in the thread.

They should not worry about people like me that rail against them.

They should worry when I quit.

Silence before the storm. As for what myself have posted, I would bravely face any jury they put me in front of.

Now, that old Patriot Act thingy, is another whole ball of wax. Rendition. Of course if that starts, that would be the shot heard round the world.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
People please if you don't know by now everything on the internet is a permanent record of your speech. It is not anonymous. So please please consider what you write with the same scrutiny you would if speaking in the public square of your hometown in front of your children and grandmother!

To be honest there are some quick tempered keyboard commandos here on ATS. However I have witnessed very few real or implied threats.

Hey Skeptic Overlord is all publicity good publicity??? I would hate to see ATS branded as some sort of militia hate site!

Perhaps we are getting close and are perceived as a threat and must be marginalized. How can you marginalize an admitted "conspiracy theorist"?

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I just want to say that ATS is an awesome website. I love the fact that so many people here from all over the world and all walks of life feel free to express their opinions. This is one of the last few places that you can really come to have an honest-to-god valuable conversation. This is a place you can come to have a civil discussion about national and international events. This is a treasure trove of information. I love this site because it is a well moderated and middle zone of discussion. It is not extreme and it does not swing to one side or the other too strongly. All the threads I see that start off one-sided are always offset and balanced by other posters that stop by. I hope this report does not discourage anyone from continuing to share their thoughts, ideas and beliefs here.
People like ProtoplasmicTraveler, Doc Velocity, K J Gunderson and Boondock Saint are the reason I come here. I wish I knew most of you in real life. I would be much happier with my circle of friends.
Thank you to the founders and moderators of this site for preserving this hallowed ground for anyone to stop by and share their opinions.
Damn the torpedos and full speed ahead. I will continue to express my opinion and indulge in the opinions of others no matter what the Anti-Anti-Government Extremists have to say. I cannot accurately express in words the value this site has to me.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Reply to post by dbloch7986

Haha. Is anyone else here an accountant? I can't believe I just used "offset" in that little rant right there. That's what I get for choosing this line of work.

+46 more 
posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Yesterday, I used the ADL.ORG website contact form, but now it's not functioning (gives out an SQL error).

Through a little bit of research, I located the email addresses for their head of legal affairs, as well as their Washington DC council. Anyone who can find additional appropriate contact methods (such as a fax number for their legal department), please send it to me in a private U2U (do not post it here).

The following notification has been sent to the two email accounts about, and their "webmaster" email account:

Pursuant to 17 USC 512(c)(3)(A), this communication serves as a statement that:

As CEO of The Above Network, LLC, I am an authorized agent for content posted to our online social content community, "AboveTopSecret.com", as authorized by members in our Terms & Conditions as they elect to join the community.

These exclusive rights are being violated by material (PDF) available upon your site at the following URL(s):
www.adl.org...

Specifically, the exclusive rights violations are as follows:

(1) Page eight, paragraph three; an improperly attributed incomplete quote from a member of AboveTopSecret.com posting under the pseudonym of "Doc Velocity"

(2) Page fifteen, paragraph one; an improperly attributed incomplete quote from a member of AboveTopSecret.com posting under the pseudonym of "boondock-saint"

(3) Page fifteen, paragraph three; an improperly attributed incomplete quote from a member of AboveTopSecret.com posting under the pseudonym of "Sickle_and_Hammer"

The original full content, along with clearly linked usage requirements for each, was posted by these contributors, at the URLs below:

(1) POST: www.abovetopsecret.com...
USAGE REQUIREMENTS: www.abovetopsecret.com...

(2) POST: www.abovetopsecret.com...

(3) POST: www.abovetopsecret.com...

The Usage Violations of these pieces of content, in violation of the clearly linked usage requirements are:

(1) Incomplete attribution: the author is not properly credited, and no link exists to the full discussion thread. (See the linked usage requirements for specific language on proper citation)

(2) Noncommercial: the material is posted to a web site that solicits donations. (See the linked usage requirements for specific language on web sites that seek donations)

(3) Derivative Work: the out-of-context and incomplete nature of the quotation results in a derivative work whereby the resulting tonality of the authors words, expressed in their entirety, are completely different from their original intent. (See the linked usage requirements for specific language on derivative works)

I have a good faith belief that the use of this material in such a fashion is not authorized by the copyright holder, the copyright holder's agent, or the law;
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Under penalty of perjury in a United States court of law, I state that the information contained in this notification is accurate, and that I am authorized to act on the behalf of the exclusive rights holder for the material in question.

I hereby request that you immediately remove the specified material from the PDF publication on your website and all other publications sponsored by your organization.

+32 more 
posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
And to add...

This publication is the worst kind of disingenuous agenda-driven "research." We (ATS) take the position that "Anti-Defamation League" has defamed our members and our site by using limited out-of-context postings to radically alter the intent of our members. In addition, by not providing attribution links (even in a bibliography), the author(s) of this report ensures that readers are highly unlikely to seek out and verify the context of the source material and comments.

If they refuse to remove the comments of our members, we will go to war. This is an important issue. Free speech and truth are two ideas that are the foundation of how we choose to operate. This document tramples both.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Go get 'em boss !

Make us proud .

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
'Survey says ...'

2+2 = www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
[

Originally posted by BrianInRI
reply to post by 1SawSomeThings

Oh, and thanx ADL and SPLC you gave me a couple of new sites to check out that I hadn't heard of. I wonder if/when this hits MSM how many sheeple will want to see what all the fuss is about, check out these people/sites and read articles that may cause them to venture down the rabbit hole?

I was wondering about the eventuality of a follow-up report that shows how the 'membership has grown' since the last ADL alarm was raised, and how they'll attribute it to a deteriorating social landscape as opposed to the inadvertent advertising that their inflammatory report generated....

Should be an interesting next phase for the 'report' which I personally think is more propaganda than fact, given the editorial freedom the authors employed in removing the posts from the contextual content in which they were created.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join