It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ADL releases Report Similar to SPLC

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by havanaja

I am not sure what you are getting at? Could you please post the comment you are referring to? Thank you.

I do agree with what you just wrote.
And posted similar comments?

[edit on 22-4-2010 by Subjective Truth]

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by djvexd

Wow...I am dumbfounded..First off to all the posters that say "hell yeah good job making the list", stop. Making a gov't list of this nature is not a badge of honor nor a cool thing. As an ex gov't employee I know first-hand that making these lists can seriously put a crimp in your day and f up your life.

WHOA Hoss! Do you know something that we don't? A gov't list??? I thought the ADL (Anti Defamation League) was:

Founded in 1913 by The Independent Order of B'nai B'rith, a Jewish service organization in the United States, its original mission statement was "to stop, by appeals to reason and conscience and, if necessary, by appeals to law, the defamation of the Jewish people. Its ultimate purpose is to secure justice and fair treatment to all citizens alike and to put an end forever to unjust and unfair discrimination against and ridicule of any sect or body of citizens."
Source Wikipedia:ADL

Come on, spill the beans and tell us what you know about ADL infiltrating the gov'mnt. If you really were govt. and not blowing smoke.

[edit on 22-4-2010 by 1SawSomeThings]

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Something perhaps worth noting ...

Lets take the excerpt they attributed to BSaint:

“I think I remember an old adage from long ago, can’t remember where I heard it or who said it...but it went something like this: If a man won’t change his ideals with words, then you change his mind with a bullet.” Post by “boondock-saint” on the Above Top Secret Forums, March 24, 2010.

Then take a look at the C&U link at the bottom of every post (this one from the OP):

Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5
The Above Network, LLC, 1997 - 2009

You are free:

to copy, distribute, display, and perform the material
Under the following conditions:

Attribution. You must attribute authorship of the work to "1SawSomeThings; a member of AboveTopSecret.com", and include the title of the message thread, ADL releases Report Similar to SPLC; and this full link URL to the post: www.abovetopsecret.com... (Unless otherwise noted, photography and other artwork linked within member posts are subject to the usage rights of the individual owners of the linked artwork.)

Noncommercial. You may not use this work for commercial purposes. This includes display on any website that contains advertising, accepts member donations, or any other form of monetary compensation. Display must be open to the general web browsing public with no access restrictions.

No Derivative Works. You may not alter, transform, or build upon this work.
For any reuse or distribution, you must make clear to others the license terms of this work.
Any of these conditions can be waived if you get permission from The Above Network, LLC.

If nothing else the ADL solicits donations: www.adl.org...

Like I said, something to consider.

[edit on 22 Apr 2010 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by 1SawSomeThings

Good catch I would like to hear more about these lists.
And who exactly is looking at them and using them against the American people.

I get the funny feeling first of all we are not alone here on ATS and that America is not exactly what we thought it was.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   

I was remarking to posters that were celebrating making a "list" nothing more. I made a list right after I got let go from my position, because I was terminated and didn't leave voluntarily. There are lists compiled by different agencies from the TSA all the way up to NSA, FBI and CIA they are lists for different reasons and they don't generally cross or trade info. Technically you could be on all of them but the other agencies wouldn't know.Unless there is as a credible threat that forces hands of the varied agencies. Isn't cooperation great?

[edit on 22-4-2010 by djvexd]

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by djvexd

I was remarking to posters that were celebrating making a "list" nothing more. I made a list right after I got let go from my position, because I was terminated and didn't leave voluntarily.

Hmm
That does not sound like what you were saying before. Please forgive me I might be a little on the paranoid side right now.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by seanizle
reply to post by indianajoe77

Sad isn't it. Well there's only one way we can fight it. Just stay peaceful, hate and violence will get us no where, we would just be playing their game. We need to show the sheeple that the "fringe thinkers"
, are in the interest of every man woman and child, and we genuinely care about the rest of the world and the people in it, both positive and negative.

Exactly. Not to mention how people talking about shooting it out with the NWO like a western are in for a big surprise when an orbitting satellite or UAV easily locates them anywhere, and cooks them alive. I wish that was science fiction, but that tech has already been made public, and there's no telling whatever toys they're itching to use.

I personally think CIA operatives in the US like Glenn Beck are doing whatever they can to incite violence in the US, simply so they can bring the hammer down and finally declare martial law and use all their new crowd control devices, among other things.

As long as people keep cool heads, and don't believe the anti-government propaganda TV and radio shills push, they have the upper hand. But as soon as they start believing it, and repeating it online, they're playing right into the hands of those who want US citizens to look like extremists.

[edit on 22-4-2010 by Risen]

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Risen

As for the people being mentioned only being 'moderates'. I'd imagine the more extreme people are still being watched, and mentioning them would alert them to that.

Ah, thanks much for salving my wounded pride. I just HATE being left out, don't you? There may be hope for me yet!

Seriously, folks act as if they've never been the targets of propaganda before. What? They haven't? Welcome to my world, and recall my words from elsewhere that simply applying a label doesn't change the contents of the package at all.

Don't worry about this in the slightest. Recall the words of our previous Fearless Leader, you know, the one that was in office just before his political clone took over: If you let them change the way you live (or in this case, post) then the terrorists win!

HAHAHAHAHA!

Special note to TPTB: Get that van across the street the hell out from in front of my house! You're blocking my view into the neighbor's shower.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Hey Boondock! And others quoted! I know this might further put ATS in the spotlight, but you might have a lawsuit on your hands. They took you out of context and slandered your name. Same for Doc! I don't know the laws surrounding this area, but if you had a good lawyer (and you'd need it going after the adl) you could possibly pursue this as a civil matter. Just a thought. Any money you recoup could go into building an ark for the 2012 cataclysm to save your family and your brothers and sisters on ATS

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Subjective Truth

I apologize if that came off wrong, wasn't my intention. Lists are easy to make, especially after 9/11. Echelon has a favorites list that will put you in a "favorites" side bar if keywords show up in your internet usages. The analysts don't see this list but it is available to the investigators.

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
First off let me apologize to the Owners, Admins, Mods and
fellow ATS'ers for any public scrutiny or bad publicity that I
have brought to this board. It was not my intent to do so.

If I do get arrested in the future for actions such as this,
I would hope that my fellow ATS'ers would help deny
ignorance to the general public and their legislators of
the atrocity of the civil violations at work in that endeavor.

I did not threaten anyone or incite anyone to commit
an act of aggression or violence on another. I just
quoted a line by Burt Lancaster from a hollywood
movie entitled "Go tell the Spartans".

Maybe they should arrest Daniel Ford (writer) for
writing the novel and script as he is the source
of the content.

So please my friends, accept my humble apology
for my actions. If you wish, I can probably have
2 goats delivered to your residence as soon as I
scrape up enough bail money. Thanks my friends.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
The three posters named shouldn't let this discourage them from posting on this website. If we can't speak our mind here where else are we going to do it? Freedom of speech means something here, and we get useful insight and opinions from these guys. And they should continue to speak their minds as well as everyone else right up until they hold a lighter underneath the constitution. Afterwards....it'll be a different story. The net is our last real voice of free speech and sites like ATS help us to make our point. One little PDF isn't going to change that fact.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Brother, you did nothing wrong.

Like i said, you and I may disagree on many things but you won't find another member backing you up more ... if you look at my previous post there might even be a way to remedy this misrepresentation (if you think it's worth it).

No need to apologize to anyone if you didn't breach the T&C of this site.

Don't let them affect you this way.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   

I know you are not violent and you do care about this country. Just remember words are powerful tools. And I guess we have to always remember how we are taken in context.

And you dont need to apologize. I think ATS is filled with agents posting just to get a reaction we all know who they are just look at their posts and you will see the truth,.

ATS is filled with agents and they want to provoke it is just that simple look around.

ATS has changed today and will never be the same. It saddens my heart but I knew it was coming it was only a matter of time.

We will always be looking over our backs and wondering form this day forward.

I would love to list the people I think are agents here on ATS.

We need for the high ups in ATS to see this post it is that important.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   

I can only speak for myself and not this board. But I will say you have nothing to apologize for. You spoke your mind and it was taken out of context and twisted. I know you through your posts here and can say, in my opinion, that they used a brush dipped in the toilet to paint your picture. If anything you made me proud to be a member here.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by siahchi
Hey Boondock! And others quoted! I know this might further put ATS in the spotlight, but you might have a lawsuit on your hands. They took you out of context and slandered your name. Same for Doc! I don't know the laws surrounding this area, but if you had a good lawyer (and you'd need it going after the adl) you could possibly pursue this as a civil matter. Just a thought. Any money you recoup could go into building an ark for the 2012 cataclysm to save your family and your brothers and sisters on ATS

u really think I have a case??
I mean, really ???

would my fellow ATS'ers stand with me??

I don't want to hurt ATS in anyway. I might have
to talk this over with Skeptic Overlord to see
how they stand on it. If we win, I may donate funds
directly back to ATS for use by all. That is after
I pay my bills of course

I need to talk with Skeptic. Is he around??
I need his insight.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   

We need to hear from Skeptical Overlord on this issue. ATS just changed big time.

And for everyone posting always keep it honest and non violent. Peaceful words hold far more weight.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   

If SO gives you the go ahead I will stand as a character witness in the deposition , although I am in FLA. Need me U2U me. This shall not stand.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
It is safer for people to blow off steam in a public forum than it is to squash it through censorship and never know what people are thinking, or planning, or doing. The internet is like a meeting of many minds; these are thoughts we are sharing, mental communication ... outside of my old catholic catecism class, when have 'thoughts' been illegal? I would rather know where people stand and what they think anytime, than wander in a silent meadow full of land mines.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Subjective Truth

I know you are not violent and you do care about this country. Just remember words are powerful tools. And I guess we have to always remember how we are taken in context.

ATS is filled with agents and they want to provoke it is just that simple look around.

We will always be looking over our backs and wondering form this day forward.

I would love to list the people I think are agents here on ATS.

That may well be true but I would caution all against this line of reasoning ...

For it is exactly what ADL has done here ... namely presume and conclude peoples' motives from what they wrote.

We are always encouraged to discuss each others' posts and thoughts and not the poster ... never has this mantra been more applicable.

As long as we all focus on what we say and not each other we will be able to move forward and motives become moot. After all false information looks the same if someone utters it on purpose or in ignorance.

It is no small coincidence that these two reports came in fast succession and shortly following the disclosure that the gov. has people working conspiracy blogs and forums. It is all part of a greater strategy to have us busy being suspicious of each other as opposed to focusing on them.

If we start looking at every post with suspicion and trying the impossible task of establishing a stranger's motive, we have lost all battles!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join