It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ted Phillips on UFO Physical Trace Research.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by The Shrike

I do admit I do not have any evidence on my person of actual physical landings. But there are many government documents out there that state otherwise. Even the Air Force admitted in a document that the metallic disks that have been witnessed by experienced pilots are not ours and are under intelligent control.

So far in my life I have only seen one object that defied any real explanation. I will not say it was extraterrestrial, but I will not rule it out.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by kidflash2008
Thank you for that report, I will be reading that one.

Kidflash -thanks for the reply and it's certainly quite an interesting one.

There's also been some good research done at this site involving physical influences on water, radar/sonar evidence and electromagnetic interference effects.

Google Video Link

Cheers.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by kidflash2008

I do admit I do not have any evidence on my person of actual physical landings.

TS: "This was a good enough answer and it's honestly straightforward. The reality of UFOs whether admitted to by TPTB or not is immaterial since since we, the experiencers, are the 'evidence.'"

So far in my life I have only seen one object that defied any real explanation. I will not say it was extraterrestrial, but I will not rule it out.

TS: "I've had 5 or 6 but I won't even think of the term 'extraterrestrial.' It's beyond human ken. But the thread is about physical trace evidence and there really is none, just hearsay."

[edit on 28-4-2010 by The Shrike]

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Shrike, I think there's lots of evidence for the reality of the UFO subject from credible government documentary evidence and radar/sonar evidence - right through to electromagnetic interference evidence and ground trace evidence (not to mention credible circumstantial evidence in the form of sworn eyewitness testimony from thousands of credible individuals)....but I do agree with you about there being no unequivocable proof as to the true nature of it.

Don't know if you've seen it before but there's quite an interesting video below dealing with the Flatwood's Monster case and Stanton Friedman discusses some of the more puzzling aspects including missing metal and liquid samples which were sent to the government never to be seen again.

The Flatwoods monster UFO

Cheers.

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

The Flatwoods Monster case is one of the best ones when it comes to physical evidence. Much of the gathered evidence was sent to the military only to never be seen again.

It also reminds me of the movies taken by the crew of Gordon Cooper when he was a captain in the Air Force in the 1950s of the saucer landing. Then Capt Cooper looked at the negatives (he was given an order not to look at the original pictures, they said nothing about the negatives) and saw a ship with four legs that landed. The film was sent to the Pentagon never to be seen or heard of again. (From Col Cooper's book "Leap of Faith").

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by kidflash2008

Kidflash, I realy do wonder what happened to the trace evidence in that case and the government documents listed at the thread are truly interesting reading.

Another pretty fascinating one is the Shag Harbour incident where a strange yellow foam (which smelled of sulphur) was found near where the object went into the water:

One of the most extraordinary, UFO encounters of the twentieth century occurred in the tiny fishing community of Shag Harbor on the southern tip of Nova Scotia. This event, while relatively obscure in the sense of public awareness, is one of the most thoroughly and officially documented UFO encounters of the last 30 years, and is easily as sensational and as mystifying as the famous Roswell incident..

After about five minutes, the object started to sink beneath the icy North Atlantic waves. A few of the eyewitnesses reported hearing a "whooshing" noise. While the RCMP had already been in communication with the Canadian Cost Guard and Cutter 101 was on the way, two of the RCMP officers and a few local fisherman hurriedly launched their boats to speed to the rescue of any survivors.As the small boats, and Cutter 101 reached the location, the lights were no longer visible but they found themselves sailing through a thick yellow foam, that indicated that something had submerged. The fisherman report that the foam was not sea foam, and looked like nothing they had ever seen. In fact most were unnerved by the fact that they had to sail through it to look for survivors.

Link

Cheers.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by karl 12

Shrike, I think there's lots of evidence for the reality of the UFO subject from credible government documentary evidence and radar/sonar evidence - right through to electromagnetic interference evidence and ground trace evidence (not to mention credible circumstantial evidence in the form of sworn eyewitness testimony from thousands of credible individuals)....but I do agree with you about there being no unequivocable proof as to the true nature of it.

My words seem to be bouncing off for they're not getting through. I have never questioned the reality of UFOs. I can't, I'm an experiencer and have listed the details of my 5 or 6 sightings and the videotaping of one in a thread. What I do dispute are the claims of physical trace evidence. I have never seen any reliable evidence presented anywhere except by people such as Ted Phillips who hasn't supplied anything that passes muster. I'm very aware of all the claims of PTE and have been since the '60s. Still no real evidence that can be taken to the bank. Besides, what could a landed "alien" craft leave behind? Musrooms?

Don't know if you've seen it before but there's quite an interesting video below dealing with the Flatwood's Monster case and Stanton Friedman discusses some of the more puzzling aspects including missing metal and liquid samples which were sent to the government never to be seen again.

Cheers.

The Flatwoods Monster case cannot be taken at face value. It's easier to accept the prosaic answers that are available instead of the opposite. I do not give Stanton Friedman any of my time. He doesn't deal with reality, I do.

Cheers to you also.

[edit on 29-4-2010 by The Shrike]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Shrike
..What I do dispute are the claims of physical trace evidence. I have never seen any reliable evidence presented anywhere except by people such as Ted Phillips who hasn't supplied anything that passes muster.

Shrike, I think you may be having difficulty in defining what 'physical trace evidence' actualy is - are you just sitting there waiting to be handed a piece of exotic non-human material?

Here is the definition again from the top of the thread:

Physical trace reports were labeled Close Encounters of the Second Kind (CE-II) by J.Allen Hynek and involve instances where there was a physical interaction between the UFO and its environment. Usually these involve a landing trace, such as depressed grass or soil, but also burned or broken vegetation, residues, and more exotic traces. There are at least somewhere between 3,500 and 5,000 UFO physical trace cases.

Contrary to your opinions I'd say the subject is an important one (at least important enough for the UN and AIAA) and I for one am glad someone like Ted is out there performing this research as it may corroborate other aspects like witness testimony, radar confirmation, physiological or electromagnetic interference effects.

Would you prefer everyone just gave up, went home and stopped asking questions?

Originally posted by The Shrike
The Flatwoods Monster case cannot be taken at face value.

I don't see how you can state that for sure - of course there may well be a rational explanation but there are a few unanswered questions about discrepencies in the sceptical 'investigation' and assumptions about a ten foot owl - not to mention the whereabouts of the missing metal and liquid samples.

Footnote Document Viewer

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Trans-en-Provence Case:

Link

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Article about physical trace evidence:

When UFOs land.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8b71734db7df.jpg[/atsimg]

..“Ask most scientists what they think of the UFO enigma and you will almost certainly get a scoff and a brushoff like, ‘There’s not one shred of evidence,’” says Bernard Haisch, an astronomer with more than 100 scientific publications to his credit. “That answer is simply not true. The problem is that this evidence does not follow our expected scientific logic, and so scientists dismiss what is, in fact, a huge number of accounts. Many sighting reports, as absurd as they sometimes appear, are probably real. Most professional scientists never bother to look at the evidence. Instead, the dogmatic dismissals by professional debunkers, which are often patently ridiculous, are simply taken at face value.”

Link

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Ted Phillips examines the case of Police Officer Val Johnson (link)

Since the 1960s, thousands of UFO landings, flyovers and collisions have left scientific evidence behind for study. These events have become known in the field of UFOlogy as the "Trace Cases." There are over 3,000 documented UFO physical Trace Cases and they have occurred in over 90 countries around the world. From impressions in the dirt, burned or broken vegetation and trees to scientific abnormalities that have yet to be explained, Trace Cases offer up some of the most convincing evidence of the UFO reality.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Article discussing the Sturrock/Rockefeller panel:

The UFO problem is very complex and it is impossible to predict what might emerge from research into this area. But the same is true of any real and exciting area of scientific research. As the panel remarked, "Whenever there are unexplained observations, there is the possibility that scientists will learn something new by studying those observations." What is learned may bear no relation to the concepts that were entertained when the research was undertaken. We venture to hope that more scientists will take an interest in this curious subject so that there will be more progress in the future. There could hardly be less. In conclusion, one can only applaud the panel’s recommendations, but also wonder how they could be so unaware of the fact that many scientists, mostly connected to secret programmes, have indeed been closely involved with the UFO phenomenon since early July 1947.

www.ufoevidence.org...

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
NICAP Physical Evidence - Trace Cases Database:

PDF File

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I like Ted's work. At least he makes the effort to gather trace and have it analyzed. Of course, the findings haven't proved anything definite, but at least he's collecting stuff that might someday be used to further the field. You never know, right?

He does seem to take flights of fancy from time to time. I know there are a couple things on his site that make me go "really?". But that's to be expected in the world of UFO research.

Last I heard of him, he was spending a lot of time on his "Morley Woods" investigation, chasing all kinds of strangeness like flying orbs through which another place/time/reality can be seen, glowing animals of some sort, shredded livestock and damaged property. From what I understand, he won't reveal the actual location due to the locals not wanting lots of attention and UFO freaks romping around their property. There's a pretty good interview with him about all this from The Paracast a year or two ago.

All in all, I think Ted does more good than harm to the field.
More power to him, I say.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by subject x
I like Ted's work. At least he makes the effort to gather trace and have it analyzed. Of course, the findings haven't proved anything definite, but at least he's collecting stuff that might someday be used to further the field. You never know, right?

SubjectX, very good point mate and no, you never know.

Originally posted by subject x
Last I heard of him, he was spending a lot of time on his "Morley Woods" investigation, chasing all kinds of strangeness like flying orbs through which another place/time/reality can be seen, glowing animals of some sort, shredded livestock and damaged property.

Here's Ted speaking more about Morley woods.

Video Link

Cheers.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by karl 12
I don't know why it was moved but here's the new address for Ted's CPTR website:

Center for Physical Trace Research

Cheers.

Turns out this isn't the address for the new website but could well be 'an older, more basic website discarded when Ted moved on to www.ufophysical.com' - see Isaac's post in ths thread:

What happened to Ted Phillips website?

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
New ground trace evidence comes to light in the Michigan 'swamp gas' UFO case from 1966:

The Michigan 1966 UFO Flap - Was it Swamp gas?

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Peer reviewed paper on physical analysis in ten cases of unexplained aerial objects with material samples by Jacques Vallee:

PDF Link

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Newspaper article reports on a lecture given by UFO physical trace researcher Ted R. Phillips at the International UFO Congress in Chicago, 1977:

“UFO Similarities Cited At Forum”, 27 June 1977 (The Pittsburgh Press, Pennsylvania)

"We're talking about real things, we're not talking about ghosts and goblins"

Newspaper Article

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
UFO Trace landing case from Presque Isle State Park, July 31th, 1966 -still listed as Project Bluebook ´unknown´.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join