Who took this photo on the moon ?

page: 5
105
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

log in

join

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Uhm, first of, lol @ phage who scribbled something with paint, and claim that this is a camera. Really scientific. Even better is the other guy who quoted phage's artwork and supported him with the sentence "THEY ALWAYS SEE WHAT THEY WANT and NOT WHAT IS THERE". Gave me a good laugh, thanks.

Then i'd like to point out to all you photo and video experts that the shadow in the reflection of the helment points in the wrong direction (even a curved surface can't do that), which leads me to the conclusion that this photo is altered. Also, the guy in the reflection is not wearing a regular space suit. You can scribble with paint as much as you want, it won't get anywhere near the shape of an american space suit.

Only thing that bothers me is the fact that this photo is on a site run by the goverment. Why would they release altered pictures of the moon landing?


[edit on 22-4-2010 by hackbart]




posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   


Man on the moon!!!!!!!!!!!!!! see the face?

Looks like a dude takin a wizz to me
nothin to wrong with that lol

[edit on 22-4-2010 by byteshertz]

[edit on 22-4-2010 by byteshertz]



posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun
 


This is the LRO image of the landing site and yes a few craters about.

www.universetoday.com...



posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
my head is now starting to hurt

in the main pic is that the shadow of the astronaut going to the right in front of him.

if so

in the relection the shadow of this astronaut is going the same way? is this correct. if its a reflection should it not be going the other way. the image should be flipped.

guess i should stop thinking out loud now.



peace.



posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by hackbart
Uhm, first of, lol @ phage who scribbled something with paint, and claim that this is a camera. Really scientific. Even better is the other guy who quoted phage's artwork and supported him with the sentence "THEY ALWAYS SEE WHAT THEY WANT and NOT WHAT IS THERE". Gave me a good laugh, thanks.

Then i'd like to point out to all you photo and video experts that the shadow in the reflection of the helment points in the wrong direction (even a curved surface can't do that), which leads me to the conclusion that this photo is altered. Also, the guy in the reflection is not wearing a regular space suit. You can scribble with paint as much as you want, it won't get anywhere near the shape of an american space suit.

Only thing that bothers me is the fact that this photo is on a site run by the goverment. Why would they release altered pictures of the moon landing?


[edit on 22-4-2010 by hackbart]


Lets correct your mistakes I posted the Picture that Phage commented on.

made the comment re they see what they want.

What way do you think the shadow should have been look at the picture in the OP.

Look at the shadow you see back pack etc the Astronaut looks distorted because of his position relative to the curve of the helmet.

Lets see what you come back with!

[edit on 22-4-2010 by wmd_2008]



posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Maby we really did go to the moon and the pictures are real...or mabey not. The fact is we all have a better chance of a disk making a landing on the 50 yard line of the 2010 superbowl. If the goverment did that there would be major repercussions on all levels. People would seriously freak out. For all those that saw the moon landing live would you really want for them to say "yep its fake..and O by the way you have been lied to your hole life about everything". Some times not knowing anything is the best info of all........



posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnySeagull
my head is now starting to hurt

in the main pic is that the shadow of the astronaut going to the right in front of him.

if so

in the relection the shadow of this astronaut is going the same way? is this correct. if its a reflection should it not be going the other way. the image should be flipped.

guess i should stop thinking out loud now.



peace.




Look at the picture again and look in a mirror lift an arm and see if that make it clearer.



posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by azzllin
 


If it was the rover camera, it would show up in the reflection on the visor.

In any case, the anomalous figure is NOT wearing an Apollo era spacesuit, there is NO backpack, even accounting for spherical warping of the reflection, the whole suit isn't an Apollo suit.

So NASA, who or what is that figure reflected in the visor?

Also, to the left and slightly back from the figure, there appears to be an anomalous object that looks like a large circular heatsink, for want of a better description. There are lines that remind me of fins, radiating out from a central circular core.

NASA has been lying to all of us for decades.



posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnySeagull
my head is now starting to hurt

in the main pic is that the shadow of the astronaut going to the right in front of him.

if so

in the relection the shadow of this astronaut is going the same way? is this correct. if its a reflection should it not be going the other way. the image should be flipped.

guess i should stop thinking out loud now.



peace.


No, the shadow coming from the main picture is going northeast direction or towards 2 oclock.

The shadow coming from the figure in the visor reflexion is going southeast or towards 5 oclock. Just as a shadow from the same light source would do in a normal mirror here on earth.

[edit on 22-4-2010 by Identified]



posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Im gonna post it again because I dont see any argument left once zoomed in a enhanced.







posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by wmd_2008Lets correct your mistakes I posted the Picture that Phage commented on.

made the comment re they see what they want.

What way do you think the shadow should have been look at the picture in the OP.

Look at the shadow you see back pack etc the Astronaut looks distorted because of his position relative to the curve of the helmet.

Lets see what you come back with!

[edit on 22-4-2010 by wmd_2008]


Ok, good for phage. Sorry about that.


No matter what i look at, the shadow or the person itself, i can't clearly define anything that looks like a backpack or a camera. With a lot of imagination, yes, maybe, but this is like observing clouds, and as you've ironically stated "THEY ALWAYS SEE WHAT THEY WANT and NOT WHAT IS THERE". In my opinion, you can't come to a definite conclusion about wether the suit is real or not by observing the shadow. And the person in the reflection itself clearly has no backpack.

www.newscientist.com...

The top of the backpack is a little bit lower than the helmet and has to be visible in this picture regarding the sideways position of the person to the camera.

Where should the shadows point towards? In the opposite direction, of course. Like every reflection of a mirrored object.

[edit on 22-4-2010 by hackbart]



posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
For further info.

I thought maybe I could find some info on the Reseau Crosses on the Apollo cameras.


The Reseau plate was engraved on a 5 x 5 grid with a 10mm intersection of crosses . The intersections of the crosses were 10 mm apart . The crosses arms were each 1mm long and .02 mm wide. The large cross in the middle is double size the others.

They are used to determine angular distances between objects in the field-of-view.

Using this data you should be able to determine how far away the camera was. Correct?



posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
The first thing I noticed while looking at the picture is that only the shadow is wearing a PLSS (backpack).

[edit on 22-4-2010 by D1ss1dent]



posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
On closer inspection, I have to ask this: "If I take a photograph of you on planet Earth, and your shadow is to the NE, then why would mine - fish eye and all - reflect back to the SE??"

(is it a mirror effect? - If So why do the shadows have different angles??)

Makes no sense at all. I do have other theories, but for now, I will await to see if I'm wrong at my conclusion.


[edit on 22-4-2010 by TortoiseKweek]



posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by wmd_2008Look at the picture again and look in a mirror lift an arm and see if that make it clearer.


I think, that's what you should do.



posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Look through the reflection on the visor and what do you see?

Here's what I saw... but I know I'm imagining things...





posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by TortoiseKweek
 


It would in the Reflection.

This is simple to prove. Just take a light source. Hold up a pen or your finger. Note the way the shadow falls and then hold up a mirror and see how the shadow falls in the reflection!

Or better yet, take a CD Rom. Hold it up to the back of your keyboard. Notice how in the real view of your keyboard the F keys and the number keys are at the top. But in the REFLECTION the Space Bar is at the top. But upside down. That is how a reflection works.

[edit on 22-4-2010 by Identified]



posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Identified
 


Well then, my next question is this: If the reflection "mirrors" the image, should the astronaut not be in a direction where he couldn't take a photo?


He'd be looking in the same direction as the Astronaut "he photographed".... How is that possible?


[edit on 22-4-2010 by TortoiseKweek]



posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
After looking at this photo I personally believe that the astronaut in the reflection did indeed take the photo. The angle seems about right, there is one picture, and a source of the picture is visible in the photo as well. Case closed.



posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by byteshertz
Im gonna post it again because I dont see any argument left once zoomed in a enhanced.






Actually this fella looks like a Stormtrooper from Star Wars... The cool original films, mind. Not the crappy new ones. It just goes to prove that what George Lucas originally wrote about, actually did happen.

Damn, that was totally off topic. Or was it?





new topics
top topics
 
105
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

log in

join