Who took this photo on the moon ?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by jonnyc55

Spherical abberation of the reflection on the helmet. You basically end up with a image that resembles a drawing with four point perspective.

[edit on 22-4-2010 by JIMC5499]

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   

The man in the reflection took the photograph. He is turned to his right, which is why the reflection is on the left hand side of the photograph. The resolution is not good enough to make out the details of his gear. The image is also distorted by the curvature of the reflecting surface.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by eNumbra

And if you did your research , you'd know that the LRV had a mounted t.v. camera on it .

Further research on your part would show you that the orbiter was also equipped with cameras .

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Yeah i analyzed this picture furthermore and i also thought the same thing, the guy is turning to his side while taking the photo but like you say, its hard with poorish resolution photos like these to make out for sure he's doing exactly this.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Ok, what an amazing technology this mirror is ... he is facing away from the subject .. yet ... he can take a photo as if he was face to face.

I wish I had a camera that you could just point in any direction and get a photo like this.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by okbmd
reply to post by eNumbra

And if you did your research , you'd know that the LRV had a mounted t.v. camera on it .

Further research on your part would show you that the orbiter was also equipped with cameras .

And that has what to do with what? Or did you quote the wrong person?

Where is the LRV in the image to have taken the picture. Seems to me it should be right about where the reflected astronaut is standing.

[edit on 4/22/2010 by eNumbra]

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Seeing as you have done your research can you tell us all what resolution this TV camera had ? seems a bit high for 1972.

Originally posted by okbmd

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by ppk55

Look at the entire photo, not just the close-up on the visor. The reflecting surface is at the extreme left side of the composition. The reflected figure is pointed towards the center of the picture.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   

I agree, the question to answer is whether the photo could have been taken the way NASA said it was. I tried to answer that in the first post for a bit, but I might have been too hasty.

While some have said that the angle is wrong, I have to disagree. I'd like to split it up in two different aspects; the direction Schmitt is in, and the angle he is in.

The direction relates to which way Schmitt is facing, and if that is the correct direction to have taken the photograph. In the reflection, we see Schmitt looking to the right. Since it is a reflection, the 'original' Schmitt is looking to the right as well. That is, to the right of the origin of reflection, Cernan's helmet. Whether he is turned away too far or not, at any rate he is looking to the right of Cernan, which matches to the focus of the photo. He is not facing the wrong way.

Then the question remains whether the distortion of the reflection could be so heavy that we perceive Schmitt to be standing almost perpendicular to the reflection. We can't see Schmitt's right arm (his left arm in the reflection), so he's definitely at some angle. However, we can see a large portion of his front, but nothing of his backside. So he's not quite at the angle he seems to be; he wouldn't have to turn much to be looking directly at the helmet. In fact, it might be just the small turn required to get Cernan on the center of the photo..
?

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
yeah, but why does the little guy in the visor reflection have dark legs

history.nasa.gov...

I've never seen a photo of astronauts with dark pants. Also, his arms looks strange, and he's facing the wrong way to take a photo of this scene, and where is his life preserving backpack ?

come on !

[edit on 22-4-2010 by ppk55]

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Frakkerface

I thought he was holding something in his hands and it doesnt look like a normal space suit he or she is wearing, either way s&f for a great find.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Excellent observation skills. While if there were suppose to only be two astronauts on the moon, indeed it raises the question of who took the photo which implies a third party camera man.

With NASA and all the lies they spread, I wouldn't doubt if NASA claims the photo was taken from a ground observation telescope on Earth. In this way, they can then dispel the concern about a third party and then ignore any future requests for explanations about inconsistencies with the moon photos.

Thanks for the posting and once again I must say, you display some excellent observation skills in finding this anomaly.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
If the guy in the visor didn't take the picture then who did? They didn't have photoshop back in the day and manipulating images wasn't easy at all. You'd need a very skilled manipulator and even then the changes are that you could make out the manipulation.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Maybe, just maybe, it was staged.

quote]Originally posted by PsykoOps
If the guy in the visor didn't take the picture then who did?

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Good catch -- one for the books -- No sign of a mounted camera either...

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by ppk55

You can see his backpack look at his shadow in the helmet reflection!!!

Looks like something on his chest as well look at shadow!!

Hardluck guys Photography is a blackart to some on here.

[edit on 22-4-2010 by wmd_2008]

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Please keep in mind that the fisheye effect makes everything appear much farther away. For example, take a pair of binoculars and turn them around, even your own hand in front of your face will look far away.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by ppk55

Well atleast I see your dilemma with the photograph now. I admit it took a second to see what the problem was. To me, it looks like they might be facing the same direction. It's a confusing angle to me; he looks like he took the picture right next to him, but the reflection says otherwise. I guess the camera could have just zoomed in or maybe it was a camera from their moon-mobile, but wouldn't that be in the reflection? Also, does the guy in the reflection have something in his hand or do you think he had nothing to do with it? S & F and now you got my attention aswell.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ppk55

What you mean staged? I don't understand. Staged or not someone had to take the shot.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Ok mr photography expert, you're telling me that if that little guy in the frame was you .. you could take this quality photo in that position without moving the camera left or right 1 degree.

Don't you think you'd have to turn around just a little bit. Remember, the camera is fixed to your chest, manual controls, no viewfinder.

Here's the original high res photo. Don't forget to zoom right into the visor
history.nasa.gov...

Originally posted by wmd_2008
Hardluck guys Photography is a blackart to some on here.

[edit on 22-4-2010 by ppk55]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join