It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Human Farming:" The Story of Your Enslavement

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 04:41 AM
link   
The video clip below presents a very interesting take on human history. The creator of this clip posits human social organization in general as analogous to farming, and specifically livestock farming. On a farm, humans control animals. On a "human farm," humans control other humans. And we all live on "human farms."

The ultimate natural resource, states the film, is not agricultural or mineral. Rather, it is control over other humans.

An animal can feel momentary pain or fear, but it lacks the brain capacity to be coerced with the fear of future pain. A man can take an egg each day from a chicken, but he can get many, many more eggs by threatening the lives and wellbeing of other humans, such that they regularly supply the stronger man with chicken eggs. Thus, "human farming" is vastly more efficient than pure animal husbandry.

Thus, posits the film, every nation, every society, and every culture is in reality nothing more than a vast "human farm." The story of history is the tale of increasing efficiency of such human farming. Human freedom and comfort, the theory goes, seems to have increased over history, but this only makes you a less discouraged, more efficient, and more self-policing piece of "livestock" that generates ever-vaster wealth for the owners and controllers of the human farms.

Very interesting perspective, IMHO.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 04:57 AM
link   
OK, if the activity of farming is not resource bases, like for our flesh as pigs are farmed, but is instead geared towards the control of other humans...what is the point of controlling these humans? Control itself cannot be an end unto itself...what is the end, in your mind, of the control of one man over another? What is to be gained?

If control itself is actually the end, we humans must be a dangerous bunch to our controllers! That would imply that if we were left uncontrolled, ie free, we would pose a dire threat to said masters! Which of course follows that we have the potential to break free of controls and become more powerful than those that would control us. Which means we are fundamentally stronger in will than said controllers

Controllers therefor must be sh****** bricks right about now.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

A bit melodramatic, isn't it?

The flip side of that argument is much shorter and much simpler:

According to supporters of government,the fundamental purpose of government is the maintenance of basic security and public order. The philosopher Thomas Hobbes figured that people were rational animals and thus saw submission to a government dominated by a sovereign as preferable to anarchy. According to Hobbes, people in a community create and submit to government for the purpose of establishing for themselves, safety and public order.
en.wikipedia.org...

And don't forget that there are different types of government -- the dictatorship north korea has is different from the Consociationalist state the Netherlands has, for example. Because they are both governments does not mean they are both the same.

I think we should have some form of anarchy, personally.. but the more I realize how -- let's say irrational -- people are, the less I think this will ever be possible.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 05:19 AM
link   
first not to say i agree with the exact way this video is presenting things

but the ancient tribal cultures saw the white man's world and society, as a way of keeping human beings in such a state that they could easily be "farmed" for their energy-
for the mind driven parasite that has taken over.
the farm idea is keep your food source "emotional energy" close by so that you dont have to go to extreme measuures for the egoic state to get its fix

the challenge is to see this force inside of you, look at it hard enough to dissolve it. that in a nutshell becomes freedom

..simplified of course...

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Neo_Serf
OK, if the activity of farming is not resource bases, like for our flesh as pigs are farmed, but is instead geared towards the control of other humans...what is the point of controlling these humans?

Well, according to the film and as stated in my original post, it would be simply a more efficient form of extracting value from the natural world...first from food, then from other resources. To repeat myself, one can get more eggs by coercing other humans to bring you their eggs than by "coercing" a single chicken of your own.

If control itself is actually the end, we humans must be a dangerous bunch to our controllers! That would imply that if we were left uncontrolled, ie free, we would pose a dire threat to said masters! Which of course follows that we have the potential to break free of controls and become more powerful than those that would control us. Which means we are fundamentally stronger in will than said controllers

Controllers therefor must be sh****** bricks right about now.

Absolutely...keeping control is always a challenge and history is not only a story of leaders controlling the masses...its also the story of control passing rapidly and bloodily among various different groups.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kaytagg

A bit melodramatic, isn't it?

Originally posted by Hermes8

first not to say i agree with the exact way this video is presenting things

I'm not going to take the position in this thread of arguing strongly in favor of every possible aspect of this clip. I just tossed it out there because I found it an interesting way to view history and one I've never really considered.

I look at history as a kind of big blob of gelatin, say. To get a good grip on it, you've got to approach it in many ways...probing, slicing at oblique angles, and so on. This is just one more angle, one more oblique slice, and thus in that sence it has value to me. One need not agree 100% with it, or feel that it invalidates other perspectives on history and government.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 05:39 AM
link   

I look at history as a kind of big blob of gelatin, say. To get a good grip on it, you've got to approach it in many ways...probing, slicing at oblique angles, and so on.

True of so many things in life!

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 05:47 AM
link   
I see the message, it is about correct..

It is the ones having a hard time of facing the truth that sides up with the Slave Masters in fear of losing theyr way of living.. That is why the 'elite' still rules today as of thousands of years that have gone by since.....

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 06:55 AM
link   
As i understand it, its our workforce thats being fARmed. Thats why we are reffered to as "human ressources" (a term that id love to have forbidden

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   
That, my friend, is a very interesting perspective...
Hmmm... So metaphorically i live on a farm.. i always thought we were living in more of a concrete jungle

An eye opening video but not necessarily entirely true.

No one can be entirely free, we're all held back in some way or another by other humans...
Even the freedom to think cannot be entirely free of another human influence. The pattern of ones thought is influenced by parents, by schooling and peers.

Then again, why must we label this as a "cage" Isn't that just the way things have always been? Man needs to be organized and led by someone and hence, the leaders. Although they each have their own agenda doesn't mean that they're entirely devoted to exploit us. Do leaders even think that way?

Im a 15 year old jujubug so i may not understand to what extent this opinion is true.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by jujubug

No one can be entirely free

Why do you believe this?

why must we label this as a "cage" Isn't
that just the way things have always been?

How does things having been this way make it not a cage? A chicken on a ranch is born into a cage, lives in a cage, and dies in a cage. It's parents did the same.

How does that make the cage not a cage?

The pattern of ones thought is influenced
by parents, by schooling and peers.

If you allow your past to decide who you are now, then yes, you are a slave to your past.

Why not be who you choose to be?

i may not understand to what extent this opinion is true.

If I tell you to what extent it is true, and you believe me...are you not my slave?

[edit on 20-4-2010 by LordBucket]

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Damn I wish I was on an organic farm, at least my farmer only wants my wool and not my meat, though I've heard rumours, nah they can't be true.. can they?

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   

An animal can feel momentary pain or fear, but it lacks the brain capacity to be coerced with the fear of future pain.

My-my-my... what little faith you have in the learning capacity of all God's creatures. Believe me... you don't need to use physical pain or fear to control an animal exhibiting bad behavior. I broke my cats of unacceptable destructive behavior with a high-powered squirt bottle accompanied with a menacing HISS. Now all I have to do is hiss and/or show them the water bottle and they stop whatever they're doing and head for their bunkers.

Not to mention cattle and electric fences... one zap on a wet nose and that pretty much creates a little respect for barbed wire. Different animals... different techniques. Nothing harsh and nothing life threatening.

[edit on 20/4/2010 by Hedera Helix]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by LordBucket

Ok, so i agree with the cage part..
And no one can be entirely free because there is always some aspect of ones life that is holding them back. I can't always do what i want. My thought can never really be independant of someone else's influence. That in itself is a limit on freedom. I don't really choose where i grow up. I don't choose the values i am taught.
I cannot take your opinion as the final confirmation because then again, what you're stating is YOUR opinion. I don't know how close to the reality it is. Not saying your opinion is not of value or anythin

I made dinner today. Eating is enough freedom for me today

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by jujubug

no one can be entirely free because there is always some aspect
of ones life that is holding them back.

I can't always do what i want. My thought can never
really be independant of someone else's influence.

You didn't answer my question. You simply repeated yourself. So I ask again:

Why do you believe this?

I don't choose the values i am taught.

Maybe not. But you can choose the values you hold right now.

what you're stating is YOUR opinion. I don't
know how close to the reality it is.

What is the opinion you think I stated? I asked you questions.

But here, I'll give you an opinion: Yes, you are a slave. And yes, you're in a cage. That cage is your own mind, and it's your mind that you're a slave to.

But it doesn't need to be that way.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Most governments around the world exists as a means to further corporate growth, and maintain law and order so as to not interfere with this.

We went from:

Communism-> Slavery-> Feudalism-> Capitalism

The first was born from necessity - the following 3 are all virtually the same, but get increasingly easier to run on larger and larger scales.

For who needs whips and chains when the slaves think they're free. They feed, clothe and shelter themselves, so its way more efficient.

Sometimes I wonder if it will take near total destruction to bring this human cycle back into a natural harmony.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by ghostsoldier

Most governments around the world exists as a means to further corporate growth, and maintain law and order so as to not interfere with this.

It is always good to read something you say that I can wholeheartedly agree with, my friend. I don't really agree with the rest of your post, especially since you and I tend to be harmonious even though we rarely agree.

Here is the thing, corporatism is not capitalism, it is entirely antithetical to capitalist theory, and the greatest economic propaganda of our time is this framing of corporatism as capitalism, and I assure you, this is exactly how the corporatist's want it. Capitalism is threat to corporations and they do not want you and I developing wealth based upon our own enterprise. Thus, they gladly take the blame for capitalism, all the while lobbying for more and more legislation that would further regulate a decidedly not free marketplace.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

Why do you say corporations are antithetical to capitalism?

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Thanks, sorry I still haven't replied in our other discourse yet. No excuse but lazyness. I promise I intend to get around to it.

I agree that grass-roots capitalism and conscious-consumerism is counter-corporatism. But while ever there is people in the world with nothing to offer but their physical and/or mental labour in terms of enterprise there will be slavery under capitalism/corporatism. Unless they go quasi-communist within the system.

[edit on 22/4/10 by ghostsoldier]

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kaytagg

Why do you say corporations are antithetical to capitalism?

There are three basic tenets to capitalism:

1.) A free and unregulated marketplace.

2.) Massive Competition.

3.) A standard of currency backed by intrinsic wealth so that all may agree upon its value.

Not one of these tenets are a part of today's market system, and corporations love regulation as it limits competition, and corporations hate competition. The fiat money in which the U.S. relies upon will be its ultimate downfall, and fiat money is valueless money.

"Competition is a sin"

~John D. Rockefeller~

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join