It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Speed at which news hits ATS and the quest for Truth

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Hats off to everyone here on ATS

I also use ATS as my primary source of news, only after checking here will I pay any attention to what the MSM has to say. They are so skewed in their reporting. Honestly I've been more and more disgusted at the MSM, especially at the local level (news papers, local news) I've never seen such horrible biased opinionated stories as I have in the last few months.

But anyways...Its funny to go to work and see something on the news, and say "oh ya, read all about that three days ago...let me tell you the REAL story now" haha!

way to go ATS =)

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spirit777
Hi,

I have been keeping an eye on some of the earth changing threads ie Earthquakes and Volcanos and the like and i have come to the conclusion that news is begining to hit ATS at faster and faster speeds and not only that but also the way members rip away at the missinformation to find the truth is simply amazing.

Many have said ATS is more reliable for breaking news than the MSM and i believe this is true.

Only ATS always arrive at more conclusive and honest outcomes than the MSM and they do this at a fraction of the speed.

ATS has members from all over the world reporting in a matter of seconds at the slightest incling that they are about to whitness some breaking news.

I think we are all searching for Truth on ATS and that is what keeps us coming back. The urge to be on the cutting edge of underground world information.

I for one will be monitoring ATS more and more closely and frequently.

Now is the time for change. Everything is peeking and we are moving up the spiral and ascending.

I am on the edge of my seat gripped to the script...

Awesome. It's true. I started coming here for unbiased news, that's how ridiculous things are getting, I'm gripped to the script as well. ^_^

Star and flag! Good job guys.

[edit on 19-4-2010 by darkbake]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Not only are ATS members quick to report something news worthy, but many members also greatly contribute by digging up obscure sites and bits of information that actually helps connect the dots with various subject matter.

With so many new postings about news breaking issues, I can get up to speed pretty quickly, but on occasion, I also relish the obscure sites that someone might find that imparts great significance to many of the conspiratorial issues that many on ATS discuss. While someone may be posting about one matter, sometimes that posting can lead to a lead of information that fills the gaps of knowledge and acquired information.

While I don't think ATS gets enough credit for being so timely with some news, there have been times that it pays to be on ATS rather than watching the MSM discuss something that does not interest them the least bit. The MSM idea of coverage is insane and only idiots could approve of how they do the business of covering breaking news items. In this regard, ATS is light years ahead of the lying, deceptive and corrupt main stream media pundits that have turned news reporting and investigative journalism into a joke of mega proportions.

Thanks for the posting.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   
The mainstream media is the leader of the flock of sheep this country is. The internet is changing that. TPTB are trying to regulate the internet...once they do this...we will be under complete control. The mainstream media is too powerful....and most people would still rather watch television than to read anything. This is where their power is....a less informed public is their goal.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   
OP, you and all members are absolutely correct, in that ATS is "News first, News fast, and accurate.(tin hats, on sale everyday lol!)" I check news here daily through out waking hours ,and I get odd looks when I tell something to people that they haven't been spoon fed in twisted pieces by MSM. The sad part is my and my significant other are @ odds because she swears by FOX, CNN etc, and I swear @ said groups....lol!

Makes morning time awkward for me and her.....lol!

Great job citizen-journalists!

[edit on 20-4-2010 by ahmonrarh]

[edit on 20-4-2010 by ahmonrarh]

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 01:00 AM
link   
S&F!!

YES HATS OFF TO THE MODS&ADMINS!

I see that everyone here is in agreement. The community here on ATS is the one and only of its kind; The story's come so fast, and are disseminated so quickly...because we all all here are in search of the truth.

The system of balance works well, on here.

I'd have to agree I check ATS always for the latest info,and breaking news events from around the world.,DAILY/NIGHTLY. It is a no comparison to any other non mainstream source:

ME personally:
ATS,RT,EVERYTHING ELSE,and then MAINSTREAM(to check up on the lies)

Once more for the mods&admins& especially the Members.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Spirit777

ATS is reaching new heights in both viewership and the scope of the website. And I warmly welcome each new ATS member... its going supernova

Have I found the truth yet though? I'm still looking, and believe I always will be. In fact it seems like the more I learn, the more I think that I'm simply wrong about everything

TruthQuest

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 01:41 AM
link   
I've begun to wish there was just a section here for "Headlines". I come across so many articles that would be appropriate for this site but don't often feel like making complete threads about them.

Just a suggestion.Or wishful thinking.

Anyhow,I agree,this site is amazing for keeping current with major events happening in the world.

Applause for everyone!!!

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Thats one of the things that kept me coming back here, since ATS was a hub of infomation, of current events all the way through to the alternate truth...

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by TortoiseKweek
reply to post by Spirit777

ATS is almost like a drug, if I don't visit it on a daily basis, I get withdrawal symptoms for "The Truth"...

You know, it's scary how true this is!

I've been threatening to take a break from ATS for a couple of months now, because I'm starting to see conspiracies everywhere, but the closest I've managed to get is recently when my motherboard blew out. I still came on here every chance I got at work though,

To tell the truth, I hardly ever read MSM these days. i find it so one sided and there is always an agenda behind the story.

BTW, to a previous poster who claimed the BBC are reliable; this is true when talking about World news, but please do not quote the BBC for domestic political issues. Being funded by the public sector, they are always biassed tpwards the controlling party.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by double_frick
i'll only admit this here, but this is my first source for news.

i know if its important and breaking, i will find it here being discussed before news stations begin talking about it.

Quoted for Truth.

And not only that, but after been here I don't need to see a newspaper except for local news and sometimes some sports.

So we can skip the MSM crap about the new lady gaga outfit or where Paris Hilton went to get drunk.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 04:51 AM
link   
that was nicely said and so true. thanks ats and all of its members.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Besides breaking news, I know a lot of members shy away from the political, but by the time something that hits the political banter on the MSM, we here at ATS have dissected and deliberated on the possibilities months before it even reaches the MSM.

Of course we have our flame wars, but that is to be expected.

I find it almost funny that a week before something is talked about in my neighborhood or community, we have already hashed it out here at ATS.

Yes, we get the slant of our members point of view, but hell, I would trust the slant from members before I believe the slant from the MSM.

S&F

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

Thats what i do too, but this raises one question, wouldnt deliberate disinformation spread as fast as a fact, and wouldnt it be easier to spread disinfo via ATS than through other media?
Plus, do we know our disinfoagents, can we tell them from the normal guys with a mainstream oppinion?

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by endisnighe

I find it almost funny that a week before something is talked about in my neighborhood or community, we have already hashed it out here at ATS.

S&F

What I find funny is the fact that by the time the general populous hears of breaking news, we have already hashed it out, proved it to be completely false, or that there is more to the story than meets the eye and when you try to tell them these facts, they either don't listen or think you've gone nuts, simply because it's not been reported in the MSM!

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by nik1halo

That! I have to agree with!

Sometimes they try and argue the points that we have already proven to be false!

You just need to stick to your guns and give them the proof.

I especially get crap from my family, but once I give them the sources to look up on the internet, they usually get back to me and say they are sorry for not believing me.

BUT, the next thing they say REALLY PISSES me off. They say, BUT THERE IS NOTHING WE CAN DO!

Oh, and when I give them the list I have created, they say they can get in trouble!?

When will these ignorant bastards wake up?

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 06:43 AM
link   
I don`t post much, but i come here every day............

I find this site has its fingers on the pulse of the world.
Well done to all, and thank you for being here.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by endisnighe
reply to post by nik1halo

I especially get crap from my family, but once I give them the sources to look up on the internet, they usually get back to me and say they are sorry for not believing me.

BUT, the next thing they say REALLY PISSES me off. They say, BUT THERE IS NOTHING WE CAN DO!

Yeah, it's usually my family too. A lot of my friends are so ign'ant that they simply don't know about or care about many of these things if they (in their limited view) don't directly affect them.

Sad really...

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Its amazing that we get to live in a time in which we all have access to an incredible information source as ATS

Not only do we get to see news and topics posted here way before the MSM gets wind of it but we also have the chance to discuss this all in great detail and get the chance to decipher things together and scratch beneath the surface.

I'm amazed at how far it has all come and thank my lucky stars a place as good as this is available and moderated in such a professional way.

Lets hope the right to discuss research and discover never gets taken away from us.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 06:48 AM
link   
I also check ATS for recent events on topics that interest me because it is the most reliable

And the MSM only touch on the topics if at all.

Why was Carl Williams killed?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join