It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Speed at which news hits ATS and the quest for Truth

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Thanks for this Thread OP!

ATS is my favorite site and the addictive element embedded within a few hours of me discovering it!

I hope ATS never accepts any Pullitzer or other mainstream 'award' and remains independent and separate from the propaganda spin machine that passes for news.

Unlike other posters, I still follow MSM. Not because I am seeking accurate reporting of world events but because it informs my world-watching eye of what TPTB want the world to know or understand. I do not think we will see any relaxing or major shift away from the age of celebrity as I see this as a very effective PTB mind-killing tool.

I am sure (seen other Threads about it!) that ATS'ers experiences of being ridiculed when they try to tell their loved one's about how the world is being lied to every day, indicates the effectiveness of MSM population control methods. People who still believe what they see on television and read in their daily paper are in the majority and I want to be aware of what mainstream populations believe is happening in the world as they will be most adversely affected by any form of actual disclosure.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spirit777

Many have said ATS is more reliable for breaking news than the MSM and i believe this is true.

Only ATS always arrive at more conclusive and honest outcomes than the MSM and they do this at a fraction of the speed.

Totally! I've been studying media sciences for more than 6 years now, and become more and more addicted to getting my daily news reports. But the mass media is failing to report what's really going on, and their way of interacting with the masses is to ask them to be friends with them on facebook. I was so pissed of at the media for stupiding down the population and failing to report the news unbiased, that I almost gave up completely. But luckily a friend of mine showed me ATS, and after lurking around sporadically for a year or so, Above Top Secret has now become my main source of news. Period.

I would like to thank all the members and staff here for really making a change in the world. My whole spiritual journey (which I still feel has just begun) started here, after being inspired by some of the most beautiful words I'd ever heard about humanity and the ways of the Universe(s), from many members in different forums. Our collective consciousness is on the rise, and the most enlightened spirits seems to be found right here on ATS. Keep up the good work

Peace and love

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by MissMegs
I also check ATS for recent events on topics that interest me because it is the most reliable

And the MSM only touch on the topics if at all.

Why was Carl Williams killed?

Maybe it has to do with him telling on people in jail to get "special benefits"

or

Maybe its because Mr Mokbel goes to trial soon, and we all know who the star witness for the prosecution was going to be now dont we!

Not that the MSM would say that now would they

[edit on 20-4-2010 by Mark_Frost]

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I just hope ATS will learn that every earthquake in the world doesnt deserve its own thread.

sometimes people are too jumpy to start a thread and we get garbage! :-\

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by VonDoomen
I just hope ATS will learn that every earthquake in the world doesnt deserve its own thread.

sometimes people are too jumpy to start a thread and we get garbage! :-\

** guilty look ** yeah, that was me. I got a little over anxious on the Katla eruption.. turned out to be a hoax..

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I use ATS as a news source in the morning before I even look in the direction if the TV. I'm happy to report that several of my threads broke news MONTHS before the MSM even took notice. Especially my Goldman Sachs/CIT Group thread.

Keep going ATS! Eventually they will attack us directly because were not good for market share.

[edit on 20-4-2010 by projectvxn]

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
This is happening more and more often to me:

One of my parents, my girlfriend or a relative who happens to be watching the 6pm news in the lounge will come into my room and inform me about 'x event' or 'something happening on the news'. Today it was 'omg there's another eruption'. I simply said 'I knew about this at 10am this morning, abovetopsecret is miles ahead of the mainstream media in speed, content and information'.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Like many, I use this site as my main news feed.... Anything of any kind of interest, importance or advance is on here first as it breaks, wherever that might be in the world thanks to the wide variety of countries this site's contributors are represented by.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
While I agree ATS is quicker with the news then the MSM. I will probably be attacked for this.......

For me ATS is not the quickest. I visit several "conspiracy based" sites like this one and have found many news stories breaking elsewhere before here.

This site seems to be moving in the "news" direction vs. conspiracy, which is unfortunate at least in my opinion. I was first drawn to this site because of the conspiracy angle, the great unknown, and open minds of its members.

These days it seems any conspiracy related slant to news stories are attacked immediately and with much aggression regardless of backup, proof or otherwise.

Not long ago, threads appeared with interesting topics, theory's, opinions etc. and a respectable discussion would follow. Sure there were those who would jump in and call the OP crazy or misinformed etc. but they were few and far less aggressive. But now, it seems the majority of replies are nothing but attacks from one to the other.

The general respect has disappeared, and people appear "snarky", rude, aggressive, unwilling to consider anything but their own opinion, not to mention the "know-it-alls".

This has driven me away from posting lately, and I find myself coming here less and less.

Perhaps it is a reflection of society and the growing negativity, disrespect, impatience and over-all tension.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I get news from several sources online however ATS is the only site I will visit daily, sometimes checking it 3-4x a day. Although I rarely post, I am certainly always lurking nearby to make sure that the world does not pass me by when I'm not looking.

Thank you for being an important part of my daily life! Keep up the great work. Sometimes fantastic, sometimes crazy, sometimes light years ahead of the world....but never boring!

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I also check ATS before MSM, But if i hear of something on MSM before i've logged into ATS, I'll always come check since theres so much more detail and discussion then MSM

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by PowerSlave

I totally agree with what you are saying however i also believe that what you describe in the nature of people is not only related to ATS it for me is a world wide phenomenon with respects to the way all people all over the world have changed and are changing.

Parranoia, Aggression, Cynicism and so on have all become common place and not only on ATS.

So yes i agree that we have all changed on ATS but only because we are a part of the whole following that whole.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Hi everyone. I just had to reply to this. Since joyning ATS allmost a year ago, I have allso been comming here for the "real" insight, contra the main news institution. And i agree that the responses to the OP, though sometimes off topic, adds to the understanding, because of the different points of views. I don´t know any of you personally, but i gotta send ALL of you my sincere respect and admiration for your input. And yeah
it is cool to be able to tell your surroundings about news before they "happen" on TV. I have found it a bit difficult, to not be able to talk with my surroundings, about theese topics, cause they just don´t seem to be in this realm. So thank you all, for sharing your inner most thoughts, they have really helped me, and i hope that i´ll soon be able to pay you all back.

This is the future.

LOVE

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
A friendly reminder to please keep this thread on topic.

Please reserve general chit chat for BTS or u2u.

Thank you
TheRedneck
ATS Forum Moderator

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   
First thing i do when I wake up is read the paper...Second thing I do is check ATS to see if the stories i just read in the paper wre important enough to be noted here on ATS... Why dont I just read ATS you say???Well then I cant read that Old Man Jones got drunk on sat night and drove his tractor into the town hall thinkin it was a car wash... But seriously, this place is pretty utd on things that matter...

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I realize this is not exactly on topic,I did not read much of the thread at all......I am trying not to become infected with the internet induced "attention deficit disorder',which goes hand in hand with "cel-phone deficit disorder",and the "driving your car around aimlessly while texting and watching TV on your sun-visor disorder",which also causes "freaking about gasoline prices paranoia disorder"......I really don't mean to be sarcastic,but it really cannot be helped.
What we have here is an information overload,we hear...(read)...about everything happening in the entire world while smurfing the web,instantaneously!,and most of it means absolutely nothing in our lives in any direct way.
Sorry for the Off-Topic post,if in fact it were such,and thank you ATS for re-enstating my post privileges.
I am way gone,and have been for a long time.
(I just spent a good part of my day dealing with that XP glitch in a DAT file I downloaded from my antivirus software,I'm being really,really nice,considering.)

[edit on 21-4-2010 by chiponbothshoulders]

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Yeah, I'd have to agree that ATS Members are fast. When I wake up, I first check some "alternate news" sources I'm linked to & also some MSM news. When something catches my eye, I write up something on Wordpad about it & check ATS.

At least 90% of the time, an ATS Search reveals that someone has already beaten me to it. What can I say?...I wake up a little slow in the mornings...I'm an active nocturnalist, not a "morning person."

[edit on 25-4-2010 by MidnightDStroyer]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join