It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Speed at which news hits ATS and the quest for Truth

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+55 more 
posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Hi,

I have been keeping an eye on some of the earth changing threads ie Earthquakes and Volcanos and the like and i have come to the conclusion that news is begining to hit ATS at faster and faster speeds and not only that but also the way members rip away at the missinformation to find the truth is simply amazing.

Many have said ATS is more reliable for breaking news than the MSM and i believe this is true.

Only ATS always arrive at more conclusive and honest outcomes than the MSM and they do this at a fraction of the speed.

ATS has members from all over the world reporting in a matter of seconds at the slightest incling that they are about to whitness some breaking news.

I think we are all searching for Truth on ATS and that is what keeps us coming back. The urge to be on the cutting edge of underground world information.

I for one will be monitoring ATS more and more closely and frequently.

Now is the time for change. Everything is peeking and we are moving up the spiral and ascending.

I am on the edge of my seat gripped to the script...

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I have noted this too. This community, unconsciously or otherwise, takes care of itself quite well. Many members see the value of relying on us as a way to see more than 'produced' news items from the MSM.

Let's hope the trend remains strong, and we continue to help each other see the world more clearly and accurately than the masters of media would have that perception 'engineered.'

Perhaps we can tentatively hope that this represent the dawn of a new information paradigm.... and it's all brought to us by YOU.

In case I haven't said it clearly enough before. Thank you ATS.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
If you think this volcano thing was groovy, you should see what happened back when N. Korea tested their nukes last summer. ATS was the site that broke the news almost 8 HOURS before any MSM site reported on it. One ATS member in S. Korea was monitoring sismos and noticed the tell-tale signature. Within moments it was on ATS and the community began the process of vetting and sourcing.

It was quite humbling to watch.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spirit777

Many have said ATS is more reliable for breaking news than the MSM and i believe this is true.

I agree with this fact 100%. That is why I check ATS every morning before I read the MSM. The simple fact that the MSM rarely reports the real news and when they do it is always hidden behind and underneath the crap news. Being in the United States we here have a very limited and overly biased amount of news compared to the rest of the world. My news of choice is first ATS then Russia Today then BBC then the MSM here in America such as CNN, MSNBC, and in desperation I may look at FOX but only out curiosity of what the Republicans have to say

LifENcircleS

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Management here at ATS would be proud to hear
that more people get their news from ATS
than any single source on the internet.

Admins, take a bow and receive your Pulitzer !!!

Keep ur heads up and ur chest out.
Be proud of ur accomplishments

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Well, there are only so many people employed by MSM. ATS has 190,050, members watching the skies, and the areas around them. If someone sees something, they post something.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Spirit777

I couldn't agree more. Members here on ATS are 'tuned' in to world events and post info from all over the globe for us read, disseminate and enlighten ourselves. I was speaking to a colleague at work today, and we both agree that the number of earthquakes and the volcanic eruption from Iceland seem a bit strange.

(Poor guy was to fly to Italy with the wife on Sunday for a 2 week vacation
- cancelled)

ATS is almost like a drug, if I don't visit it on a daily basis, I get withdrawal symptoms for "The Truth"...

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
i generally find any news article worth reading hits ats before or at the same time as main stream media. witch is why i basically use it as my news source. yes i read other sites but nothing compares.

plus when a big story hits you will find ats has more information than the main stream.

be it with linked twitter reports, users in the area or good sourcing of other news outlets.

you might have to read threw some junk as well but thats just life on ats.

to spirit777

im defiantly a ats junkey as well. all those cramps and shivers are just some of the withdraw symptoms... hehe sometimes you can also notice reduced paranoia... lolz

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by TortoiseKweek

Yeah. I work in a Hospital and so many patients were texting our appointment service saying they couldnt make their appointments because they were stuck in another country.

Sorry to hear you missed your trip...my folks are from Italy. If you havn't already been all i can say is it will be worth the wait if you decide to visit.

I too am an addict!

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Totally agree....they deserve a standing ovation!!

Keep on keeping on ATS.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Spirit777

I think you misunderstood my post. I wasn't the one going to Italy, my colleague and his wife were.... but thanks for the concern anyway

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Is there a way to delete a post and wipe all trace of it in existence???

(hides in embaressment
) lol

Oh wells i sent a prayer to your peoples, no harm done

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
i'll only admit this here, but this is my first source for news.

i know if its important and breaking, i will find it here being discussed before news stations begin talking about it.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Same here. I check this site at least twice a day, but if I am bored, I will check much more often..lol

I do not read MSM sites anymore except to cross reference stuff from ATS.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spirit777
Is there a way to delete a post and wipe all trace of it in existence???

(hides in embaressment
) lol

Oh wells i sent a prayer to your peoples, no harm done

LOL! No need to be embarrassed - you just misunderstood my post. I'd love to go to Italy 1 day - I'm a big soccer fan. Wish I was back in South Africa for the world cup, but sadly I have commitments here

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I agree. the news is always first on ATS.

Usually it takes one to three days before i'll read it in a paper or see it on the news. I have even waited a week for something.

The big an many earthquakes that keep happening they are not even reported. half is missing from our news.

Edit.
S&F

[edit on -05:001658 April363 by Sinter Klaas]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Well, i think the MSM is losing their grip on people. People are starting to 'wake up' and seek the truth elsewhere. I see many people talking about how bias FoxNews and CNN are in extreme leftist and rightist. I had to laugh, during the Baja Quake, for the first couple hours CNN was getting their updates from a very secretive source.... called Twitter *sarcasm*.

[edit on 19-4-2010 by mossme89]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by TortoiseKweek

I love football/soccer arsneal are my passion. I have a friend from cape town and from the way she describes it i would love to go too.

Il be at work during some of the games which sucks a bit but might nip down to the pub at lunch time and sneek a pint lol

Shame they didnt have an ATS for soccer, then again id get no work done!

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I second the motion and move to congratulate!
Admins, Owners, and all Mods....If you don't ever receive the Pulitzer for the fantastic job, at least let someone nominate you for the Webby Awards.
As a poster previously stated, I too check this site for all my news every morning and afternoon. I haven't really sat down and watched TV in YEARS! And the MSM websites are so full of opinions and conjecture that getting objective unbiased news is like looking for a peanut in an elephants pile of ####.
This site has taught me much and broke the news FAST! If I remember correctly, ATS alerted me to the quake in Chile HOURS before any other news site even knew what was goin' on. Then the science started flowing in instantaneously, whereas it takes MSM HOURS or even DAYS to get a scientific story out of what happens.
A much needed bow to all of you....yes most especially the dedicated members. Keep up the good work.
Those of us out there who refuse the boob-tube rely upon all of you to keep the truth out there.
Thank You...sincerely!

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I have to admit im not really what you would call an active member, i usually just browse and dont post back, but even i have noticed that the speed and accuracy of news posted on here is astonishing literally within minutes of something happening ATS has the full story with a massive debate already in full swing its just amazing.

You do come up with alot of crap on here, but when you use ATS alot you learn to filter it out and just get to the real story.

I say thanks and also congratulate everyone here

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join