It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Speed at which news hits ATS and the quest for Truth

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
The OP is spot on. I relay breaking news to family and friends and they always respond with, " I didn't hear that"...to which I always reply..." You will."

ATS scoops everyone and the system of checks and balances here is superb.
I get most if not all my daily news here.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cherryontop
The OP is spot on. I relay breaking news to family and friends and they always respond with, " I didn't hear that"...to which I always reply..." You will."

ATS scoops everyone and the system of checks and balances here is superb.
I get most if not all my daily news here.

Thats one thing i do enjoy doing, telling people a news story they reply with since when and i reply with "Ohhh you haven't heard, oh you will" and they are confused as to how i know when they hear the news on TV (Usually a day later or something)

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
It's funny because I've been saying to people around me that on ATS, I usually get the news three to seven days before MSM, and once, it took 2 weeks! ( Can't remember what tho. ) Some, unfortunately, never make it...
Anyway, two thumbs up
to all those dedicated to bringing REAL news on ATS. ( yeah, I know some thread are like MSM, but I'm not thumbing those! )

Aresh

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
No question ATS is Jewel of the new media.

AP news articles are the same in every paper. There are no investigative journalists left in the mainstream, with a notable exception of McClatchy owned papers.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Something that really irritates me about the MSM news sites, is many of them do not allow comments. The comments on a story are often just as important as the story to me. Often in the comments sections you will find the other side to the story, or more related information to look at. Sometimes you will see corrections in there.

Sites that do not allow comments/interaction are dinosaurs. Even in the non-news world, user interaction is key. For example, whenever I read an article on wikipedia, I don't just read the article and check a couple of the sources, I also check the talk page to find out what people are saying, and where the disagreements are.

Even those news sites which do allow comments have the problem of impartiality. It can be troublesome to them to allow a comment which goes against the groupthink of that particular site, or even worse, points out the journalists errors.

I kind of wish that the ATS breaking news forums were even more broad in the topics they cover. I come here anytime I know that a news story will have some angle that fits this site, but there are many other news stories I would like the input of the members here on.

Something great about this site, is the passion. Many news sites are inhabited by the apathetic populace, whereas ATS doesn't suffer from this much.

Even some of the other news aggregation sites, such as digg or reddit, suffer from this, and also from too many people just trying to be cool or drop memes. Not that i hate witty jokes or silly images, but I prefer those to be kept to a minimum.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
just recently was i introduced to ats. And ever sence its been the second url that i type in once i get online(facebook of course, is 1st lol). I can honestly say it has open my eyes to many different things.thank you to every1.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   
CHEERS to that!!! Deservedly spoken, thanks for bringing some attention to the notion! I am new to ATS and have been diggin' it too! A forum for discussion of so many subjects with such a vastly spread audience, and so many viewpoints. Where better is there such a collectively reflective inclusive perspective on what's happening? I am proud to be part of this community. Peace........

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Agreed!

Theres no wot can & cant be said on this site unlike MSM its clear MSM has the dampers on its resourcefulness (government) where as this place get strait into top gear on the word GO!.

Nothing is to far fetched and fully looked into no stone is left unturned, "Again" MSM does not do this or at least not publicly and without the numbers of course,

Some incredible detail more so than you would see/find in a national news paper or international news stations ""which is logical & believable""

This place really breaks down the walls and always comes to the right conclusion IMO, if a logical & sensable one can't be found, then so be it, but i feel most of the time 99.9% of the time something is debunked or proven to be the real deal, not only that is the qauke/tsunami/hurricane/typhoon all these subjects i have seen break here and that is just increadible, sometimes even hours before MSM have the story, great work...

I do believe alot of people find this place abit to much, and in my opinion its because there to dumb and arrogant to open there eyes for themselfs and are oblivious to the fact government has its hand on there information tapes and want you to live and see your life as they wish for you to see it,

As a slave a money maker a worker bee, wake up! wake up!

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
This has been true for a number of years already. Glad to have it be acknowledged so openly.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Aside from the conspiracy stories and what not, news is the main reason I check the site every hour. If anything happens in the world its on here first. Its kind of amazing.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Spirit777

I'm happy to be apart of ATS - especially reporting news as fast as possible. I'm going to give ATS and all the contributing members a pat on the back, including myself
(no pat on the back smiley unfortunately)

I pride myself, as well as a lot of other members do, in bringing the real news to ATS as the fastest speeds possible. It wouldn't be possible without the cooperation of all of us working together, so once again kudos to us all

S&F for this thread, and for ATS as a whole!

[edit on 19/4/2010 by highlyoriginal]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spirit777
Hi,

I have been keeping an eye on some of the earth changing threads ie Earthquakes and Volcanos and the like and i have come to the conclusion that news is begining to hit ATS at faster and faster speeds and not only that but also the way members rip away at the missinformation to find the truth is simply amazing.

You could also add threads about countries economies being destroyed, or false flag news on aircraft accidents inside nuclear armed non NATO countries.
Only now that the poor Northern Europe is being hit by "incorrect news" too, we did get to see much screaming and whining and shouting for regulations.
At my part of the world they have a saying which it gos like this,

when the cucumber is nearing your behind (your=meaning instead of everyone else's) , only then you get to sense the danger

It might not make sense translated but still it creates a hilarious picture.

[edit on 19-4-2010 by spacebot]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I check ats every 30 minutes in anticipation world war 3 has started already..

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I believe I am on ATS more than any other site. I don't post much, but I read through a lot of threads. It is the best source for news and can even be quite entertaining at times as well!

[edit on 19-4-2010 by cepheusdraco]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
ATS is one of the few places i can actually come and believe what i read .

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I think this would be an excellent topic for the next ATS Live Car Crash Radio Show!

berkeleygal, a proud ATS member

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I haven't even been a member of ATS for a year, but i have already completely forsaken the MSM and look at ATS every morning and couple of times a night for my news. I only check CNN, ect to see how long it takes for them to post a story ATS already has.

Its amazing how well the ATS community can get ahold of a story hours and days ahead of anything else and have it completely assessed and dissected and have the facts laid out for anybody to read without the opinions and irrational thought processess that have tainted the MSM.

Thank you ATS!!!!

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I rarely post anymore....

However I browse near daily.

It was during the Mumbai attacks in 2008 that I realized, in the midst of checking 3 different live webcams simultaneously, getting local news translated by Hindi speakers, and wading through archived Hezbollah threats, all courtesy of lightning fast ATS members, that I never had to consult another news source again.

ATS is truly a investigative/reporting force to reckon with.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by essanance
ATS is one of the few places i can actually come and believe what i read .

Believing is also doing your own research to help you come up with your own conclusions. Great job to the OP, wonderful thread.
I DO keep up with the "Breaking News" portions of ATS

[edit on 19-4-2010 by ghr54321]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Totaly agree with this thread countless time i have read news or interesting discoveries sometimes days befor they hit the papers or online news sites go ATS

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join