It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Building on Mars - Orbital View

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Hi All, i have a couple more pictures from the same area, this time the picture is flipped, and some of the other objects i pointed out previously seem to stand out more from this angle, the original object is still there as you will see but remember it is now flipped and facing the other direction.

There is also some contrast enhancment.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4a478b414266.jpg[/atsimg]

I still think there is something odd about the objects surrounding the main structure.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Also if anyone thinks these objects are completey natural please show me similar footage from Mars

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Havick007
Also if anyone thinks these objects are completey natural please show me similar footage from Mars

Why does it need to be from Mars also do you know the resolution of these pictures ie how many mtrs/pixel.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Hmm i thought you wouldnt see anything, as you said in the other thread, you probably would say that.
I said that because I have seen thousands of Mars photos and I haven't seen anything that doesn't look natural, so the probabilities were that this photo wouldn't show anything artificial either.

Yeah the res doesnt change, im not stupid, i meant its not so pixelated.
It's not pixelated but the moment you resample an image you stop looking at the original and start looking at what the program you used decided that should be there instead of the bigger pixels, that's why we should never base our opinions on images that are resampled.

Also FYI, the link is better quality than the IMQ, when i export the file to Jpeg it kills the quality.
I don't think so, and if you think that exporting to JPEG loses quality (as expected, JPEG uses a lossy compression method) you can export to GIF.

Original image converted to GIF in NASAview
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/67aaa76fdddbb993.gif[/atsimg]

The image above after levels adjustment.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/63d002f01fe5026c.gif[/atsimg]
(my "tricks" from yesterday's post were not as good
)

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by wmd_2008

i originaly thought they were 10mts but Armap sez they are 3mts approx

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

i still cant beleive you dont see it. It stands out so much

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   

reply to post by ArMaP

i still cant beleive you dont see it. It stands out so much

I see it! I see it! There is some landscape and some more landscape and next to that is some landscape. BUT....if you look really really close, right there in that one corner, next to that thing, under the one thing that is kind of like the other thing but taller...is some landscape.

Did I spot it?

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by K J Gunderson

theres nothing like some comedy to brighten my day.

I have posted and looked at alot of pictures. I have to say this area and through all the pictures in this thread i am convinced there is something there. I would never normally be sosure and have never been so sure about any mars photo.

There is something there.... Not landscape

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Havick007

You know what one of my problems with this whole thread is? No offense to you personally and I am not accusing you of anything so do not take it that way but...

...I have seen many threads like this that contain something I can not see but the OP can. Many of them include something like 'Normally I never see these' or 'I usually blow these things off but...' or 'I never post these kinds of things but...'

Something about that is just starting to seem a bit odd to me. Know what I mean? Anyway, I seriously can not see anything that looks like any kind of structure or specific placement or anything. It all looks like random shapes to me. I have looked at all the pics in the thread and sorry, just cannot see anything but rocks.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
There is NOTHING in those pictures to even remotely suggest there are any type of buildings.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Phlegmi

you may need glasses

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Really?

"Stands out"?

Take a look at this, and what do you think you can see?:

See it?

It is the Great Wall of China, photographed from Earth orbit.

That is just about the only 'man-made' object on Earth visible from space. (Excluding lakes that form as a result of building dams, of course. Those aren't what we're including).

NOW --- think very critically about the NASA images, taken by spacecraft on orbit around Mars.

Do you now begin to understand how you eyes (and brain) play tricks on you, when you have no way to judge the relative sizes, and perspectives?

If not, then you should learn more about Pareidolia.

That relates more to the propensity of Humans to see 'faces' in otherwise random patterns, which is a by-product of millions of years of evolution.

However, it relates in this instance, as well. Seeing what you 'think' are 'buildings'...they would have to be immense!

Oh, and it's not a 'secret' that remain that way, for very long, my friend...

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   

reply to post by Phlegmi

you may need glasses

Where do you get yours?

I only ask because there was an episode of "The Jetsons" where they all got glasses that showed different things. Like one pair would show you a short time into the future. I forget what the others did but they all made you see different things. Maybe we just need ones like yours?

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   

I see it, I just don't think it's artificial, it looks like many other old crater rims that I have seen.

After a little search, I found that there's a HiRISE photo of that area (someone thought it was worth photographing it
).

This is the same at more or less the same resolution (12.5% zoom).
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/ec06a2f6278cd54f.png[/atsimg]

At 25% zoom.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/87bd62970029e440.png[/atsimg]

At 50% zoom (60 cm per pixel).
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/06d5295dcf27b2b0.png[/atsimg]

Do you see it now?

Edit: And also a false colour version.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/6ec2317ff29315ce.png[/atsimg]

[edit on 26/4/2010 by ArMaP]

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Once again, the mysterious building or construction on Mars is destroyed by the simple act of finding a better resolution image. Those poor Martians. It's sad how their greatest works continue to vanish when somebody looks at them more closely.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

where on earth did you find a hirise image of the area, i have looked high and low for one, i searched the hirise site for endeavour crater pics and there were none last week.
How did you manage to find it.

I see its higher resolution, put both pics side by side and compare, there are some big differences. Where is that circle that was in the center, it was a pretty clear circle. Its suddenly gone. The shapes have totally changed. I know its higher resolution but its completly different.

Hmmm. Anyways i decided lastnite i no longer have the patience for all this. I deleted about 1gig of photo.s and images. Although im holding onto the endeavor shots. Looking at all the threads and all the crap on here, why do we all bother, beleiver or skeptic. We never make any progress, what is the objective og this site, the beleivers will always beleive and the skeptics will always be hard to please. Whether there was anything to this or any other of my posts, its all the other posts that are treated the same, some beleive and some dont. At the end of the day what have we achieved? Nothing.

If there is some big bad cover up, it has been going for over 50 years and they are doing a good job and will keep doing it. Maybe we will know the truth but untill aliens start flying around in plain view or the govt admits to whatever we think they are hiding, when we actually send people to mars or the rover sees something. But unill then we are gonna keep going around in these stupid and fustrating circles.

Im just gonna sit back and enjoy ignorance because the hoiurs upon hours are not worth it. Im not in a position to do anymore than sit at my computer and work on this and if the past 10 years is any indication then im just wasting my time like all the people before me.

Maybe aliens have come, maybe they havent, maybe there and maybe there not. There might be more on mars or maybe there isnt. The world may end as we know it im 2 years or maybe it wont. Whats the point of caring, what are we gonna do about. We are either being lied to and manipulated or we are just paranoid.

Im just gonna sit back and watch it all unfold.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Hey Havick,

Check out this potential structure. It was posted by Mike Singh on another forum a few months ago. I think it is an excellent find, and most peculiar:

"Now here's something that'll probably blow you away! Check out the neat structure on the spur of a hill. This one's on Mars...."

Colored in and zoomed...

Here's one Mike posted last week:

Neat Huh?

Edit:

Oh, Here is the source for that last one:

By the way, why does NASA want a touch down here? Is there something more than meets the eye?

Cheers!

hirise-pds.lpl.arizona.edu...

[edit on 27-4-2010 by Exuberant1]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 07:23 AM
link   

reply to post by InfaRedMan

We are looking at this:

This = ROCKS!

reply to post by ArMaP

where on earth did you find a hirise image of the area, i have looked high and low for one, i searched the hirise site for endeavour crater pics and there were none last week.

That's why he's a mod!
And an FSME! You've got a looong way to go, baby!

[edit on 27-4-2010 by OrionHunterX]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Here, although I haven't used that search feature to find the photo, I used this site, very useful to see if there are photos from those missions of any place on Mars.

I see its higher resolution, put both pics side by side and compare, there are some big differences. Where is that circle that was in the center, it was a pretty clear circle. Its suddenly gone. The shapes have totally changed. I know its higher resolution but its completly different.
Some differences are a result of (probably) different methods of getting the image, the MOC photo looks a little distorted when comparing the raw and the processed images.

Some differences are a result of a difference in the direction from where the light was coming, on the MOC photo the light was coming from the top left corner of the processed image while on the HiRISE photo the light is coming from the bottom left corner of the image.

I will look better at those differences that you talk about when I get home at the end of the day.

Hmmm. Anyways i decided lastnite i no longer have the patience for all this. I deleted about 1gig of photo.s and images.
Yes, you need to have some (or maybe a lot) of patience for things like this.

Looking at all the threads and all the crap on here, why do we all bother, beleiver or skeptic. We never make any progress, what is the objective og this site, the beleivers will always beleive and the skeptics will always be hard to please. Whether there was anything to this or any other of my posts, its all the other posts that are treated the same, some beleive and some dont. At the end of the day what have we achieved? Nothing.
Don't get discouraged because of what happens here and in other threads, what we learn depends on what we want to learn and on what we already know.

The fact that the sceptics are hard to please makes more important when they (we
) say things like "that's an interesting photo" or "I don't have any idea of what that could be", you just have to be harder to please yourself and study better the images. Also, although imagination is important, you shouldn't overuse it or stop when you think that what you are seeing looks like something; see if it looks like something else and don't get too attached to things that are only the result of interpretation (either yours or from somebody else).

When I started looking at Mars photos I could only distinguish them from other photos if they were those old, reddish, Viking orbiter photos, but now I have got so used to Martian images that I can look at a photo that I have never seen before and know with some certainty what was the craft that took the photo or if it shows Mars or some other planet.

We can always learn something, and that is a good thing.

If there is some big bad cover up, it has been going for over 50 years and they are doing a good job and will keep doing it. Maybe we will know the truth but untill aliens start flying around in plain view or the govt admits to whatever we think they are hiding, when we actually send people to mars or the rover sees something. But unill then we are gonna keep going around in these stupid and fustrating circles.
I don't think we can find if there is a cover-up just by looking at photos, I think that those that want to search in that direction should base their work in different things, photos are too inconclusive for that.

Im just gonna sit back and watch it all unfold.
I hope you enjoy your "vacation" but that you soon return, the more people looking at those photos the better chances we get to find something interesting, even if it's just a natural formation.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by K J Gunderson

yeah thats true i have seen those threads as well. In this case i wasnt the only one to see it.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join