It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Building on Mars - Orbital View

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I can't see the structure, but then again I was never good at those Magic Eye things either.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by wmd_2008

I dont understand why you are putting so much energy into trying to debunk what I am saying. I've had many years both in school and independantly studying physics and archeology. You should probably know, when something cant be explained, the mainstream accepted idea is that it is man-made or put there by man, because no one wants to belive it happened any other way. Sort of like when you go to a crime scene looking for a murder, your going to find one...get what i'm mean by that? Sorry guy, but your wrong on this one. Let me say again, most of what i've seen in many pictures does not come across as strange to me, but what is in this image is clearly not natural.

[edit on 19-4-2010 by Enigami]

[edit on 19-4-2010 by Enigami]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Enigami

I dont understand why you are putting so much energy into trying to debunk what I am saying. I've had many years both in school and independantly studying physics and archeology. You should probably know, when something cant be explained, the mainstream accepted idea is that it is man-made or put there by man, because no one wants to belive it happened any other way. Sort of like when you go to a crime scene looking for a murder, your going to find one...get what i'm mean by that? Sorry guy, but your wrong on this one. Let me say again, most of what i've seen in many pictures does not come across as strange to me, but what is in this image is clearly not natural.

I to have had many years of studying physics ,engineering science doing photography for 30+ years.

Lets remind everyone about what you said when I posted the picture of the
Giants Causeway in Northern Ireland what was it you said again yes this

Wait a minute...you really think that was formed naturally? (your link to the pic) No disrespect, but there are certain shapes that are not found naturally in nature, and a square is one of them, especially symetrical shapes...Dont get me wrong, I am very skeptical of most pictures I've seen of various structures found on other planets and moons, but this one stands out quite clearly...Im not sure of the other objects in this image, but the one I inverted really is not natural.

So if that could fool you do you think YOU have any CREDIBILITY to make any assumptions on any picture about what is NATURAL or NOT, I dont think so.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Again, you are wrong...not ALL you've said is wrong. But the shape in the image, not all the shapes, but at least the one im talking about, is not natural.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I am not doubting you at all, for I am not an expert on the topography of Mars, nor do I have an untrained eye for what you are posting about, but I just can't seem to see the structures.

I will say this, however.....

For a "desolate" planet, the landscape looks very, very intriguing....

Good find on the photo.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   

reply to post by Havick007

Really nice find! i inverted the colors and clearly this is something VERY strange...just thought i'd put it up. There seems to be shape that just is not naturally formed...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/24e964148ac4.jpg[/atsimg]

Can you explain what it is about that shape that makes you think it is artificial?

I'm not trying to be a troll here, I really want to know what is so "not natural" about that shape, which to me looks amorphous -- i.e., it looks like a blob.

[edit on 4/19/2010 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

It is hard to see depending on your perception and also you have to try and visualise the area in 3D, looking at 2D photo can sometimes make it hard to make out objects. The only area i have been able to see a dicernable shadow is the square area at the edge of the structure.

I have put a couple more photos together, at the end of these series i will put a couple in a have played around with in Paint.

Enjoy all
and remeber think 3D in regard to the object / structure

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3fb6518cb6f4.jpg[/atsimg]

Standard with no enhancements

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e4423daf9e6b.jpg[/atsimg]

Inverted colour

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c4d526683159.jpg[/atsimg]

Very close ( as best i can get )

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/55271fa86a18.jpg[/atsimg]

Close ( inverted colour )

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/584826f8a3fc.jpg[/atsimg]

Close with highlights

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7ec7078536b5.jpg[/atsimg]

Wide shot with highlights - I have highlighted the main area and also some surrounding areas with i thought were of interest but i may be wrong. Also you can see a section with broken blue liines i have drawn, my thought there was the base of the structure continues behind the hill / mound onto the other side which i have highlighted.
I have been searching high and low for images with higher resolution but have not found any so far. I have downloaded the raw images from a couple of different sources for the MOC also NASA view along with it but still nothing of better quality

As opportunity is on it's way there now i can't wait for NASA/JPL to start focusing more on this area. Also if this is indeed a structure it will be interesting to see the area in higher resolution in the fact that if there is some airbrushing planned it will be interesting to see how the area changes.

We are watching you NASA

P.S. apologies for the crude work with Paint, as you can se i'm no artist. Although if anyone is good with a pencil id love to see an artist's impression of the main area.

[edit on 20-4-2010 by Havick007]

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Also try looking at the image from the reverse angle, if you can save the original and when viewing flip it. It looks kinda different from the reverse angle and the other areas i pointed out look slightly more prominent

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   
i see it now, after you arrowed/labeled the first time. very round roof on it. that is cool. looks to be a very large base of some sort. any idea how far away this pic is taken. maybe some of the math whizzes on here could figure roughly the size of this thing then.

[edit on 4/20/10 by mikebell]

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by mikebell

Not really sure, it was from orbit though.

To me the round part looks like a platform, and the ramp or steps next to it are leading up to it. To me it looked like it didnt have a roof i may be wrong though.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Deaf Alien

I was looking more at that shadow object you were talking about, in the high contrast versions it dissapears ( obviously as the shadow or obkect is black ) but i also did one playing around with contrast and lighting and im starting to think it's some type of statue. From what i saw i reminds of one of those egyptian statues that is sitting down. The black object / shadow looking object actually looks like it may be in the hand.
It's really hard to make out and in the original it's all just a blurr but after playing around with shading etc it looks like there is something there.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/21c8c7eb96a5.jpg[/atsimg]

Its really hard to see and i may be way off on this one. The blue line is where the black line is on the original photo. This one is enhanced.

Same area below with some other area i thought were interesting and seemed clearer with different enhancements.

1. Odd shape

2. Rounded Archway

3. Statue Maybe

4. Another odd shape

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b69c5cee47ff.jpg[/atsimg]

All these area's are obviously not as obvious as the main area we have discussed but i think there might be something there. Also if this is a structure it's not fair to rule out the possibility that there maybe more structures ( smaller or larger ) or artificial objects within the local area.

Keep you eyes open for anything else odd or out of place.

Cheers

Sorry all i just noticed 1/3 of the '' maybe statue'' was auto cropped. Although you can still see most of it.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
The anomoly does seem to be too geometric to be natural. Looks like some kind of building, for what purpose I don't know. Excellent find. Deserves scrutiny by someone who can actually blow this up in detail without pixelation.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by gamjamm

Yes definatly, i cant wait for higher res photos to be released although abit worried about airbrush attempts if there is something of interest there

I have been searching almost none stop for higher resolution pics but this one is the best so far, as far as i know of.
Opportunity is on it's way there now ( Endeavour Crater ) but i think it's going to take another 1-2 years.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I'm not sure if anyone has posted this link before ... so I apologize in advance if so .. haven't gone through all the replies in this thread ..

Here you go ...

marsanomalyresearch.com...

This should give you some more info and better pics .. look at the hale crater in particular ...

you will also see proof of vegetation, water bodies, etc ...

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
sorry dude, i don't see anything. I want to believe in life on mars at some point in the past and i think that is probably the case but those pictures do not look like anything man made.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Havick007

Well, it's pretty hard to see the statue, but I know what you are talking about. It could be anything.

I still think that shadow is compelling. It looks like a tall tower casing a long shadow.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
3 questions...

1) Why not entertain the possibility that these multiple right angels in one spot were "built"? Seems, at least, worth a look.

If I saw a rectangular cloud, I'd take a picture.

2) How do we know that our worn, "natural" steps and columns aren't just very, very old structures that we aren't advanced enough to explain correctly?

3) Don't flowers have symmetry? and bodies with arms, legs, wings, eyes, nostrils?

[edit on 4/20/2010 by trusername]

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by trusername

That's a fair assumption. My thought there is that there are too many odd features in this one small local area. I think there is definatly something of interest there.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by BeastMaster2012

Have you looked at all the enhanced pics and ones that i have highlighted the area's i thought were interesting?

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Is this possible smoke inside the blue circle. I have also highlighted shapes within that area. I'm trying to picture the structure. I have been looking hard at this area for awhile now and the closer it is and the more i look the better shapes stand out.

The smoke looks like it's coming from the round mouth of the area i highlighted red. Whether or not it's smoke or just shading that rounded area is still kinda odd and just to the left with the green highlights it looks like doors, kinda like hangar shaped doors or just part of the bigger structure.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c4d526683159.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d4dac78e3231.jpg[/atsimg]

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join