It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Building on Mars - Orbital View

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Hahahaha I've gone through these pictures and drawings and everything as many times as I can stay interested in it. I seriously just see mountains. I'm saving some of these pictures to my computer so I can refer back to them at another time, but for right now.... I see mountains and shadows.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Risket

The link to the original NASA/JPL is at the start of the thread in my first post. At least if you save that you will have a fresh clean copy.

If you get a chance play around with image and try to enhance the area. You might eventually see what we are talking about.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
OP, I want to say that I respect you for going to the trouble to really try to point out what you are looking at. I know some people do but most of these types of threads that I see do not try as hard as you. I can get into that. Unfortunately, I still see the same things that I always see - none of what is being described, pointed out, circled, colored in, outlined, etc. Maybe there is something wrong with me or my eyes but I have looked at a lot of these threads and all I ever see is rocks. Good try though.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Afterall

That's everyone has different persepective's. You know those pictures you can look at and some people see a duck and other's will see a rabbit. Not magic eye but those other ones. Both pictures are there but some people see things differently.
It's hard as well as it is a 2D photo and we are trying make out a 3D area. I have been using the limited shadows in the shot and shapes to try and picture the area in 3D. Thats how i see a structure.

Ill give you an example, you must have seen the close up of the object i did with all the coloured lines yeah? You know the circle in the middle of the object and then highlighted in red to the right of it is what looks like a ramp or stairs leading up to the circle area. You see the slant or angle that the ramp is on.

Also is the spuare object which appears to part of a wall that is what first stood out to me whwn i saw the object.
But anyway if you cant see it then no matter what i say i doubt it is going to help

It would be good if there was an interactive way to share photos and actually show you what i am talking about.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 06:14 AM
link   
I have emaioed NASA about the image, but i think i can already guess the kind reply i will get.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Havick007
I have emaioed NASA about the image, but i think i can already guess the kind reply i will get.

hehe cool

I like the image, I have seen for instance to many MOC images with to many anomalies.

cheers!

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Lunica

Could you post some or links to them? Since finding this one i have been focusing on the MOC images. If this one has something there must be more.

My thought is that there are so many MOC images to process that not all could be airbrushed it would take years to complete.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Havick007

dude...

havock..
niice find man!

i also usually dont see the "structures" in most of these ATS threads...

but i definitely see this

the first few pages you did a rather poor job pointing "it" out to those who still couldnt see, but now you are on a roll. lol

the 'main' structure looks almost likes its been half knocked down or something, maybe buried? i dunno..

could be 'natural' i suppose...
lol
but i really dont think so.

interesting....
good eye man. *
thanks.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Ahmose

I guess my problem is that I feel that I can see exactly what the OP is pointing out. What I can not see is any resemblance to any kind of structure. I see the shapes that he is highlighting and all that but it still looks like rocks. Maybe your perspective, or anyone else is different. Does anyone have a way of really describing what looks like it was built or made?

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

You have a interesting amount of stars for a mundane post? Are you giving youself stars or working with your colaborators?

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   

reply to post by InfaRedMan

You have a interesting amount of stars for a mundane post? Are you giving youself stars or working with your colaborators?

I will admit I handed out one of those stars. I thought it was funny for one but I thought it summed up this thread perfectly. That is all your picture is. All these posts on all these pages have done nothing to change the fact that there is nothing there.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   

yeah i can see it being 'rocks' ..
but more like the 'rocks' that make up Stonehenge or something.
it doesnt really seem to fit with anything else around.. to me...
i mean, it does look 'built'..
even if only out of stone.
idk. lol

[edit on 21-4-2010 by Ahmose]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Ahmose

No probs
i'm happy im not the only one that sees it. I know the beggining of the thread is kinda obscure, i got over excited and posted early, i should have taken more time first enhancing the pics. I was almost tempted to rethread with the clearer and enhanced pictures first.

Hopefully people take the time and read through as you did as i dont want to waste forum space by rethreading it.

I tried to limit my commentary to start with as i always notice it's only when someone describes what you are supposed to see that you begin to see it, so i wanted people to see it for themselves, but due to people that couldnt see it i have spent time enahncing and pointing areas out as you can see. I think it's one of the best Martian images so far, im not trying to gloat, i am only in search of the truth along with most other people here

I have looked over 100's of raw images trying to find something and alot of the time it's kinda 50/50 ya know but i am convinced with this photo that there is something there. I dont use the word proof loosely and have never used it before when posting stuff related to this but it's gotta be darn close.
I'm excited to as Opportunity is on it's way to this crater now, although it wont be there for awhile yet ( snail lol ) so im interested to see what higher res pics show up, and if NASA tries to airbrush it's gonna be obvious now we have this photo. I mean there are some shapes and strcutures that cant be missed and if airbrushing happens we are gonna notice it.

[edit on 21-4-2010 by Havick007]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ahmose

yeah i can see it being 'rocks' ..
but more like the 'rocks' that make up Stonehenge or something.

How do you mean? I do not see concentric circles or anything resembling any kind of form or function. I guess this is why I am asking you. I see what the OP apparently sees and that to me does not really resemble anything manufactured or assembled. If it looks like a monument to you, perhaps you can explain what you see?

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by K J Gunderson

Look i am normally pretty good with critism but are you blind... i mean seriously it's offensive hearing that.

I didnt just look at the first photo i could and make a bold statement and share it, i have looked over so many photos and wasted alot of bandwidth and hours doing it. I have seen so much of the Martian landscape that i know there is something amazing about this area.
You need to open your eyes.

Look at all the post's in this thread, there are some with areas pointed out and with inveretd colour that makes the structure stand out so much.

You wanna talk about wasted space or thread pages, there's a thread going on about a change in the timeline thats almost 53 pages long now. Thats a joke!!

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   

I did not say it "looks like stonehenge"

it looks like the same kind of stone, ...(ie, long, flat slabs, pillars, neatly placed)...
"looks built"
and I do see a curve. lol
but thats not what i meant.

edit:, ok, well..
to be honest.. it does look like the shape of the white house..
only made by the flintstones. lol
(and maybe partially knocked down or buried)

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   

So if you do see what i see how can you not say it isnt unusual?

here is a pic i posted previously pointing out the strange shapes of the structure.

Remeber think 3D if you can understand what i mean by that.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/aa379bc51218.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/584826f8a3fc.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/55271fa86a18.jpg[/atsimg]

Come on, you cant tell me you dont see somethind odd there.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Ahmose

Yeah not like stonehenge but very unnaturally shaped rocks. I got what you meant

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Havick007

yeah bro.

i cant believe i can actually make all this outt....

now that i have it open in gimp, .... that is somethin else!! lol
damn.

i know PS better than GIMP..
but ill try to play in GIMP here on my ubuntu box.

edit again..

i guess i can also see it being a 'mountain' of sorts now to...
hmmm......... lol
still dont think so..

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   

So if you do see what i see how can you not say it isnt unusual?

Because I see jagged lines, straight lines, and curves. I see those things all over nature, especially in rock formations. I see the outlines and I see the shapes underneath. They just do not look unusual to me, they look like rocks.

here is a pic i posted previously pointing out the strange shapes of the structure.

Remeber think 3D if you can understand what i mean by that.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/aa379bc51218.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/584826f8a3fc.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/55271fa86a18.jpg[/atsimg]

Come on, you cant tell me you dont see somethind odd there.

Sorry, but I am not seeing anything that does not look like a rock formation. This is why I am asking someone to explain something to me. What about jagged lines looks special? What about straight lines look special? How about one circle, why is that special? Sorry, I just do not see anything other than rocks. I see you outlined them nicely though.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join