It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Building on Mars - Orbital View

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Enigami

First thing I thought of was that it was an observatory. Thanks for the info OP, this is truly amazing!!

EDIT: Syntax error.

[edit on 4/19/2010 by TheBloodRed]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by TheBloodRed

No Probs.

Also for everyone else i have been going over the MOC Camera. The quality is not as good though but this is top down view.

I have highlighted the main object in blue. The red areas are places i continue to think are interesting. I have been playing with contrast, shadows and saturation. The surrounding areas have odd features as well.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8f098f61fa73.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 19-4-2010 by Havick007]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Here's a wider shot with full shading

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e24f2b902595.jpg[/atsimg]

Notive the area above the building to the right slightly it is also very bright

Below is an inverted colour version

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/836aab84fd7f.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Havick007
reply to post by wmd_2008

That's highly debatable, i dont mean to sound ignorant in regard to geology but those stones are quite odd indeed.

I mean what are the chances all those rocks would form in the exact shape and of a very similar size and arrange like that?

lol... ok this is indeed very interesting.

You make a white house out of a blur on a black and white image, but fail to acknowledge a widely known fact that Basalt has formed hexagon shaped pillars around various portions of this planet, and is a well known scientific fact?

I believe that you need to have the optometrist change your prescription because I'd hate to think that you aren't wearing glasses

Devil's Post Pile, Mammoth Lakes, California, U.S.A.

Devil's Tower, Wyoming, U.S.A.

Giant's Causeway, Ireland, Europe

Fingal's Cave, Staffa Island

Svartifoss, Iceland

[[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ee78645c66c0.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by DarkspARCS

ok fair enough you got a point. They are odd shapes though natural or not.

This is more than some random shapes there is a structure there and according to the ruler on G/E it is approx 60-100mts across. I say approx though as there is no overlay for the picture and i was measuring the lo res area.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Also to continue on with my post above, this is the same wider shot but with inverted colour and no extra shading effect.

The area just slightly North of the main object looks interesting.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/439f35a883c3.jpg[/atsimg]

Also i have tried to focus in on the area that was discussed at the beginning of the thread, the shadow or tower / antenna looking object.

I have really pushed this pic to the limit as you can see, full shading and full highlights. Now the red line is where the black long object is but i have drawn over it as it does not show up with the highlighting.

Notice the area directly beneath where this antenna or whatever it is, is located. I can see some strange shapes. I must stress that fine detail is gone and only bold lines are being highlighted.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/31b25612dee4.jpg[/atsimg]

Remember the red line is where the black shadow or antenna is.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Just a reminder for any new readers, the link to the original photo is here, please do some looking into it as well. Play around with the image see if you can spot anything we have missed.

If this is a building or structure it may not be alone within that local area.

The area in question is toward the bottom of the Hi Res picture in the mountain / hilly area.

global-data.mars.asu.edu...

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 05:46 AM
link   
I've looked at this thread and your others, but I'm just no seeing anything. I've seen more convincing shapes flaoting in the clouds above my house.

It doesn't hurt to look, but I hope your not just grasping here to produce fruit from the time you've spent.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 06:04 AM
link   
didnt look to odd when i first looked at it, but when you posted the inverted colours pic......definitely looks like a structure.

good find

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Enigami
reply to post by Havick007

Really nice find! i inverted the colors and clearly this is something VERY strange...just thought i'd put it up. There seems to be shape that just is not naturally formed...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/24e964148ac4.jpg[/atsimg]

WOW! In negative it really looks like a "manmade" building of some sort, almost Roman in style. Anyone else see it? Or maybe it's just the lack of chemtrails in the skies, because of the volcano on Iceland has stopped all aviation in my area, that makes me see things?

Nice work Enigami, love your Buddha-quote by the way

Burned!

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   
I'm sorry, i am looking at your pictures, and while interesting, I am unable to pick out something that looks like anything. i am not skilled by any means in looking at photos such as these,and i mean no harm, but i am one of the lost. Feel free to send me a message if you like instead of responding here and bogging this thread down.

thanks.
Vision2010

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   
I see exactly what the OP is talking about, especially in the negative image it really stands out. I sincerely doubt it is any kind of natural process.

The situation we have here on anything like this is that there are some people who will refuse to believe there is anything not natural on any celestial body, period end of statement.

There are also those of us who are totally convinced that we are not alone not only in the universe but right here in our own solar system.

Nothing wrong with either stance, it is just a function of programmed belief systems.

I am of the opinion that Mars probably was inhabited by an advanced race maybe millions of years ago, and what we see there now is what few remnants of that civilization are left... or there is intelligence there now but living underground. Either way, it is apparent us peons are not being told the truth by our governments and that the images we see are sanitized by someone even before being transmitted to NASA.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Havick007

Is interesting, OP, also notice that directly above and slightly to the left of the area you have circled is what appears to be another half buried structure complete with rectangular openings on 2 sides; does really get one's interest up, doesn't it?

Although I daresay the boo birds will appear shortly and start squawking
yet it does appear to be something there. Is it our minds and eyes "seeing" something because we wish it to be so, or something artificial? Interesting...

seeker

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by the seeker_713g

Yeah definatly i have also noticed that area. Also below the circled object there appears to be circular shaped object as well, in some of the picture enhancments throughout the thread show it up more clearly.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   
There is nothing there. The thing you are cathing is your own mind "creating" images for your own likening. I watched over the picture 8 times. All together 60 min. Wich also gave me a headache. I am a scientists and i can tell you this. The structures you would be looking for is beneath the ground. Not on top. Check the details of MARS-

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Nice find!

I too Also found something.
I downloaded the original hires pic and opened it in photoshop.

If you go to the bottom right of the picture (its in very close vicinity to OPs structure)

you will find this impact crater-

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/69a914d844e8.jpg[/atsimg]

So open the hi-res picture in photoshop and zoom into this area.

Go to between 10-11 oclock on the rim of the crater.

you can see what is clearly a roman style building, most likely an art gallery or church of some sort.

If you zoom in far enough, it looks almost as if there is a giant open barn door on the structure. If you zoom into the door and what i would assume to be the right wall from out view you can clearly see this-

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ca6ae747e06e.jpg[/atsimg]

So what do you guys think it is? A church or an art gallery? Its obviously something!

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Nice find
it's hard to say what it is but i like your creativity and thoughts about what it may be.

I loooked at the area in G/E and measured it, i think it was the right area.

It approx 200 meters across so its quite a big area.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Archirvion

Come on its right in front of you. I can understand that statement regarding some post's you see, but this has some very clear and odd features.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I am reminded of the story, The Emperor's New Clothes. I want to see, in fact I'm worried I'll be called a dummy if I don't see. But I have looked and looked and see . . . nothing. Sorry. But I'll take your word for it because, obviously, others are seeing it too.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Enigami

I suggest you look up the meaning of symmetry before you make BS statements the rocks are not 100% symetrical but close enough HOW can you claim symmetry for your mars pic when the resolution of the picture is poor and your ideas of what you see in the picture are worse than that!

Here is another nice example of staright lines in Nature

asymptotia.com...

Look up crystal cave in mexico.

[edit on 19-4-2010 by wmd_2008]

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join