It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Concerted effort by the Left to vilify the Tea Party

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Bill Clinton's remarks are just the latest in a series of accusatory remarks made concerning the Tea Party movement. Obama, Pelosi, the Lame Stream Media, Reid, and many others have either hinted or outright accused the Tea Party of inciting violence, and condemned the Tea Party movement.
I believe that these concerted efforts to vilify the tea party are orchestrated, and planned at the highest levels of the Democratic party.
In actuality, their attempts have shown the average American the true colors of the left, namely that it is ok to dissent, as long as you agree with them. Any other type of dissent is considered treason or an attempt to "overthrow" the government.
There is no greater conspiracy in the US today, than this attempt to squash any opposition to their agenda. In my opinion, their conspiracy is the ultimate in treasonous acts. In concert with the attacks on virtually all of other Bill of Rights, this is a DIRECT attack on the First Amendment of the US Constitution. It is disguised as "opinion", but there is little doubt that as the Tea Party continues to grow, attempts will be made in Congress to try to suppress freedom of speech. These will be disguised in bills thousands of pages long, and couched in legalese that get passed in the middle of the night, with virtually no coverage.
Will Americans stand by, as they destroy the Bill of Rights? It will be interesting to see how much of this "Chinese water torture" is tolerated.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus

I believe that these concerted efforts to vilify the tea party are orchestrated, and planned at the highest levels of the Democratic party.
In actuality, their attempts have shown the average American the true colors of the left, namely that it is ok to dissent, as long as you agree with them. Any other type of dissent is considered treason or an attempt to "overthrow" the government.

Yes and its bad. And yes they are showing thier ass but then they are ill advised and have made a number of very poorly calculated blunders. They should have left the Tea Party alone and hoped it would just burn out on its own. But they were afraid that it would not. But what the heck they know that its to late to hide so they might as well just try to smear.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

I agree. They are having the opposite effect, in their attempts to squelch the movement. I do believe that when they realize that, that they will resort to other tactics, such as I suggested in the OP, namely hiding measures in bills that nobody reads.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I'm not worried... every day, more and more people are becoming wise to the game. My best friend's fiance... more liberal than even Karl Marx - knows better and is becoming quite disenchanted with the Democrats.
She mentioned how they railed on Bush for 8 years straight - how they can dish it out but not take it. "HYPOCRISY!!!" straight from her own mouth. They ar ehanging themselves with ordinary Americans and they haven't figured it out yet.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

They ar ehanging themselves with ordinary Americans and they haven't figured it out yet.

True. The problem is that THEY believe that ordinary Americans are those people that agree with THEM. People like you and I are considered anti-government terrorists because we DISAGREE with them, and as far as they are concerned, THEY are the government. It still hasn't dawned on them that WE are the government.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

To make matters worse, the more thay villanize ordinary Americans, the more pissed we get. Every effort to calm dissent is simply creating more dissent as more and more people wake up!

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I submit a short connective chain regarding two current news items, both posted on the Lame Stream Media in the last 48 hours:

apnews.myway.com...

WASHINGTON (AP) - Former President Bill Clinton warned of a slippery slope from angry anti-government rhetoric to violence like the 1995 Oklahoma City bombing, saying "the words we use really do matter."

and:

www.timesonline.co.uk...

Administration, with a warning from the FBI that “home-grown and lone-wolf extremists” now represent as serious a threat as al-Qaeda and its affiliates.

The warning, from the FBI Director, Robert Mueller, came as the former President Clinton drew parallels between the Oklahoma City tragedy and a recent upsurge in anti-government rhetoric, while American television audiences heard Timothy McVeigh, the Oklahoma City bomber, describe the “absolute rage” that drove him to plan an attack that killed 168 men, women and children.

Clinton made his remarks, citing the danger of the Tea Party and its members.

There is no question that the implication by him and the FBI is that the Tea Party, by association, is a serious threat.

I guess it never dawned on the left that remarks such as those made by Keith Madman Olbermann and Rachel Mad Woman Madow incite violence and are a serious threat to the nation.

Again, the left cannot see the forest through the trees.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Bill Clinton's remarks are just the latest in a series of accusatory remarks made concerning the Tea Party movement. Obama, Pelosi, the Lame Stream Media, Reid, and many others have either hinted or outright accused the Tea Party of inciting violence, and condemned the Tea Party movement.

I think that the Tea party did a great job of showing itself to have been hijacked by a number of unsavoury element some of whome hinted at violence.

The Tea party sought to be a broad church but ultimately showed a complete lack of control of its adherents. Strangely enough it got caught up like the Moslems have. It was very slow to decry the distateful or non-media friendly elements that had adhered themselves to it. The TP must now reap the consequences of its inactions.

I would have stated from the get-go what was the acceptable conduct for TP members and adherents to comply with. I cannot believe that the TP leaders where so idiotic as not to manage the movement properly or denounce any unwise actions. I can only conclude that it fit with their plans...Anyway they have paid the price for their ineptitude.

I do not need to invoke CIA plants of Left wing infiltrators just ake a look at the actions of the oafs and the inactions of the leadership.
QED

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Tiger5

I cannot believe that the TP leaders where so idiotic as not to manage the movement properly or denounce any unwise actions. I can only conclude that it fit with their plans...Anyway they have paid the price for their ineptitude. I do not need to invoke CIA plants of Left wing infiltrators just ake a look at the actions of the oafs and the inactions of the leadership.

Actually, there is no real leadership for the Tea Party. There are organizers for individual events, and some that claim that they are "leaders". The TP has no formal charter, is not registered as a formal party nationwide, and is nothing more than a loose confederation of concerned citizens, who are fed up with the direction of the country, and the administration.

It is instructive to remember that the actual idea for a tea party came from Rick Santelli on CNBC, a network owned by NBC, the same NBC that owns far-left wing MSNBC. Rather ironic, isn't it?

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
The tea party vilified itself from the get go. Now that the democrats are wasting money they're making a ruckus? Where the hell have they been?

It's not that they aren't right, it's not that they're wacky racists, it's that they're asshats.

The VERY few people I actually hang out with voluntarily (like, not co-workers) all agree with the tea party message, but are fundamentally annoyed that there was no tea party until the scary democrats took power. The recent republican rule was also wasteful, but there wasn't a peep.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo

To make matters worse, the more thay villanize ordinary Americans, the more pissed we get. Every effort to calm dissent is simply creating more dissent as more and more people wake up!

Its almost seem to good to be true. The test will be if the republicans make an all out effort to reverse the damage when they can.

If they dont then we will know that we just got run over by a two headed monster.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   
if the true tea partiers want to do themselves a favor, they need to:

1.) Separate themselves from republicans.
2.) Pretend Sarah Palin is dead and never speak of her again

You want to talk about destroying credibility? The tea party does it to themselves with things like this:

(ya know what, just watch this

Otherwise, the only concerted effort by anyone here is the tea party themselves.

They seek to set themselves apart from government by adopting its self to government.

They seek smaller government by partnering up with government....i mean its so obvious and pathetic that it makes me laugh.

It's like trying to slay a two-headed dragon by "getting in good" with the head on the left.

Not going to work...and going to draw an enormous amount of hysterical ridicule.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tiger5

I think that the Tea party did a great job of showing itself to have been hijacked by a number of unsavoury element some of whome hinted at violence.

I would have stated from the get-go what was the acceptable conduct for TP members and adherents to comply with. I cannot believe that the TP leaders where so idiotic as not to manage the movement properly or denounce any unwise actions. I can only conclude that it fit with their plans...Anyway they have paid the price for their ineptitude.

I do not need to invoke CIA plants of Left wing infiltrators just ake a look at the actions of the oafs and the inactions of the leadership.
QED

What actions? Your buying right in to the spin.

And the left in this country is so much better on keeping its freeks on a leash, making maytrs out of them or otherwise putting a good face on them and figuring out ways to get them on the G-dole. They are much better. The left has ten to one more freeks than the right any day of the week.

Ex Weathermen, baby head crackers, Marxists, Eco wing nuts. You take all the bombs set off in this country by crazy persons and groups in this country over the last 40 years and about 80% of them look to the dems as an outlet for "change", have some form of association with the dems or reside as wings of the progressives. I mean hay why dont they use the Weathermen as examples of words having power rather than Tim McVey? Because they love thier own and protect thier own where as no one really likes Tim McVey.

[edit on 18-4-2010 by Logarock]

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   

How does this conflict with the apparent hijacking of the Tea Party by the GOP as a partisan tool against the Democrats? The term "Astroturf"...phony grass roots...comes to mind. Is it only evil if it is one's own political bent that comes under attack?

[edit on 18-4-2010 by JohnnyCanuck]

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Snarf

1.) Separate themselves from republicans.

The dems would love this scenario to throw off the election just enough to sway it in their favor.

Most tea partiers still favor a two party system according to the recent NYT/CBS poll that has been tossed around ATS lately.

To successfully manage a 3 party system there has to be a sufficient weakening within the Dem. party. Obama is taking care of that with the passing of each day.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I think the Tea Parties are doing a bang-up job of self-vilification. Like religionists, the teabaggers are their own worst enemies. The more bellicose you are in acting out, the worse you look in the eyes of thinking people.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Being a white male myself and a democrat most (not all) my life, my views hve changed over the years.
I looked into the tea party, they , as most americans believe in the same things, truth, honesty, values,and a government by, for and of the people.
What I also found was, most tea party members are white,male ,rebublicans, who do not like a black president , and democrats , not only incharge of the whitehouse but the House and senate.

My views have moved more to the middle, and I see Americas two party system as a failure that corporate America has total control over as well as Americas MSM.
Both partys are trying to destroy the Tea party movement, republicans from the inside by hijacking the movement, and democrats by vilifying it.
Most groups and organizations start out with good intentions, I think the tea party was started with good intentions,because more americans are awakening to the fact that the two party system has failed.
The fact that both political partys are trying to destroy the tea party movement should be evidence that the people are on the right track.
Also the tea party should not favor one party over another , with a failed two party system.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I am sorry, but the Tea Party has vilified itself plenty. They don't even need the left's help anymore.

Did you know that the Tea Party wasn't always a right-wing movement? It was originally about protecting the middle class. Then the GOP hijacked it and used it as a platform for reactionary angst towards Obama's administration.

You guys don't even have a real message anymore. It's just hate and vitriol.

To think I supported the movement at one point...

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Once the instigators of domestic terrorism have infiltrated The Tea Party movement and turned it into a domestic terrorist organisation you will all be wishing that you listened to Clinton . Things are just going to get ugly with Private Security contractors on every corner .

Cheers xpert11 .

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Interesting take right here...and doesn't strike me as a whiny Lib...

The Tea Party movement has left the realm of a voluntarism and has succumbed to fundraising pond scum. www.thepoliticalcesspool.org...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join