It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eyjafjallajökull Caldera Eruption

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by solosister

the fear here is not wat the Eyja is doeiing .. but the effect on the Katla vulcano ....witch will be much worse when she erupts also
history telling us that they usally both erupting...

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Webcam image of the Glacier Burst, taken just 10 minutes ago (21:50BST)

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Not sure if anyone has posted this:

[edit on 15 Apr 2010 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
As I stated in another thread ITV News are reporting that ash has started to fall to the ground in northern Scotland.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Apologies for just copying my post from the other thread.

Scottish health authorities have issued a warning.

They expect ash to fall tonight and move south.

They say if you are outside and develop a cough or runny nose then go inside and......well to be honest, I'm listening to it on the telelvision and I don't know what else they said.

I think they said there are reports of ash on some cars etc.

But they stress there isn't much danger to health, unless you have something like asthma etc.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   

This may already be posted, but enjoy! Looks quite frightening. Any chances of this causing a volcanic winter? Or a volcanic summer if it is possible to work in the opposite?

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Phlynx

WOW.....

That big, black clouds reminds me of what I saw the day Mount Saint Helens errupted. I'll never forget it.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

Can you give any links to anything about this please mate?

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by psilo simon

Volcanic ash to reach ground level across UK

Sorry about the lack of links before. I was watching ITV news on tv and just reporting what they had said.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Wow this is amazing! Never seen anything like it and it aint over yet!

Black snow sounds fun!

peace?.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Newest report is that massive floods are coming down the glacier and roads are toured apart. The ash cloud is really thick and lightnings are in the sky (very unusual to see lightnings in iceland).
The toxic report from the ash says that it is dangerous for farm animals if it is more that 1 cm thick, to much fluor.

www.almannavarnir.is... - this is the site of the national security

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by skjerulf

www.youtube.com...

I laughed my ass off when they tried to pronounce Eyjafjallajökull (like I said before is translated Island-mountain-glacier)
But amazing footage from the flood coming down the glacier!

[edit on 15-4-2010 by skjerulf]

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by skjerulf

Lightning - did you say Lightning --- = We have Volcanic Lightning - Here is the link on volcanic Lightning.

I don't think that is the best link but that is what it is.

[edit on 15-4-2010 by Anmarie96]

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I'm curious if all of this melting ice will have any effects on water temp or water levels.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Anmarie96

Ok,,, lol read this a just had to laugh ,,thats just morbid,, the last part lol

"There are three types of volcanic lightning:

* Extremely large volcanic eruptions, which eject gases and material high into the atmosphere, can trigger lightning. This phenomenon was documented by Pliny The Elder during the AD79 eruption of Vesuvius, in which he perished.[68]

Sorry lol lol

"Hey Pliny,,,RUN!!!!"

[edit on 15-4-2010 by BobAthome]

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Haven't seen the TV News yet, but been listening to reports on the radio, most flights to Europe from New Zealand have been cancelled, some people are already half way there and are being stopped in LA, Singapore, Dubai etc.
Very inconveiient for some folks.
Apparently Travel Insurance companies are not covering expenses for those being held up, "Natural Disaster" clause

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   
It's the top story in NZ on the news... now saying disruption well into the weekend.... when I first told folks back in the UK about this (my family are there) a few days ago they laughed - I guess they didn't realise you don't have to be in the path of lava to be affected by an erupting volcano....

How long is the eruption likely to last? It's so difficult to tell. The last eruption is very similar to this one. It erupted from the central crater from December 1821 and went to January 1823. I'm not sure the magnitude of the eruption was the same all along. But it's really, really tough to predict. The local scientists are working on that now. They've collected samples of the ash to analyze to get a sense of whether the chemistry is similar to the last eruption. But that takes time. I think it's too soon to say too much about what's really happening there.

www.scientificamerican.com...

[edit on 16-4-2010 by MoorfNZ]

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Ash-covered truck in Iceland

tweetphoto.com...

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   
hraun.vedur.is...

Keeping an eye on that monster- Katla.

down graph, DOWN!!!!!!

top topics