It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

crystal healing, malachite, and footprints

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Hello,

I'm a long time lurker on these boards, but decided to join today because of this thread as I've recently become interested in crystals.
One day, seemingly out of the blue, I just started researching different crystals. It was a little weird because I really had no prior interest in, or knowledge of, crystals before hand. I can't even remember the reason why I started researching them, or what triggered me to do so... I just did it.
After a few days of Googling I came across a picture of a mineral called Celestite (or Celestine) and in my head I said to myself "That's the one." I thought that was really strange because I didn't know that I was looking for one, but when I saw it, I knew it was mine.
There was something so familiar about this rock and its shade of blue. I know that sounds silly... blue is everywhere... the sky is blue, heck, even my eyes are blue, but there was something special to me about that blue rock. It's almost hard to describe... it's like I had the memory of that shade of blue somewhere my mind, but I wasn't aware of that memory until I saw it.
Anyways, thankfully, that rock was for sale, so I ordered it. It's just a small piece of Celesite, so I wrapped some wire around it and made it into a necklace.
I wasn't aware of the whole cleansing and charging of the crystals, so I read up on it a little. Celestite is a really soft mineral (it's so soft I actually broke a few pieces off of my stone when wrapping it in wire) and I've read that sunlight can fade the colour and that with Celestite you should avoid water and salts. One website suggests running softer stones through the smoke of sage and then letting it sit in the moonlight for a night... would that be an effective way of charging it? I know I should have done this before I started wearing it and I feel kind of stupid for not doing it.
I'm not completely sure what my rock (Celestite) is for... I've read so many different, often conflicting claims of its physical and metaphysical properties, how to charge it, what not to do, etc., etc. that I'm a little confused and I'm having a hard time discerning between the truths and half-truths, but, I guess that's to be expected. All I know is it gives me an incredibly peaceful feeling and even though at this moment I don't know why I got it, I hold on to the hope that maybe one day in the future I will know. But this experience has definitely left me beyond intrigued with crystals. I still can't believe I have such a strong connection with a rock lol.
Sorry for the long story... I'm a science major in school and if I tried talking about this stuff with anyone in my life, they would probably have me committed. It's nice to have a place to be able to freely talk about this stuff.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Anamnesis

Hey there Anamnesis,

Sorry I may have caused some confusion ... I didn't mean you should only have raw/unpolished stones in general ... just that the 'burial method' was best suited to raw stones ... if I were to cleanse/re-enegize tumbled/polished stones then I would put them in a bowl of mineral water and leave them out for a 'moonbathe' overnight.

However water and/or salt can sometimes reduce the colour of some stones ... so it's always best to check first if these are suitable methods for a particuar stone.

In the case of such sensitive stones I would recomend just leaving the out in the moonlight overnight on the window ledge.

If memory serves ... I believe someone has already mentioned 'THE GEMSTONE BIBLE' ... this really is a great little book stuffed full of useful info about the properties of a vast array of gemstones and there properties ... plus the best wat to cleanse and care for them.

Woody

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Anamnesis

Hey again Anamnesis,

I just realized I hadn't answered the 2nd part of your question.

You are correct about my username
but besides being a practicing witch ... I also studied Natural Earth Sciences (of which one small module included geology ... I just have a private passion for all things natural)
... and it would take far to long to try and explain in any depth how the metaphysics of gemstones works ... but I will give you a very condensed version;

All rocks - crystals - gemstones (being living/growing things, exhude their own energy and each variety has it's own vibrational frequency.

Now I know the sceptic might roll there eyes at this comment and think 'oh dear we're stepping into the realm of the New-Age weirdo' ... but this is not the case ... we only have to consider the old 'crystal radio sets' to see the truth in this.

Quartz Crystal (the type used in said radio sets) has the ability to receive and transmit energy.

In various ways this is true of all crystals / stones etc ... and it is the different vibrations that the stones exhude that makes them conductive to healing in the physical/emotional/psychological arenas.

In much the same way they are invaluable to a witch within spellworking and ritual for the very same reason because of their ability to reflect and attract energies of their own and their surroundings.

This is why you might pick up one stone and feel nothing whilst the one right next to it might send a palpable hum or vibration through your hand.

Obviously you would choose the latter because the vibration of the stone would be compatible to your own personal vibration.

Woody

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by JourPolaire

I totally understand how you feel! I have a nice connection with some of my rocks and crystals, to the point that I have kissed them sometimes.
And what you said about how people would think you are crazy or something, I feel that way too. I lost a quartz crystal point that way. I read that it helps block electromagnetic smog from you, you just put it between you and the source of the EMF... So I put it under the edge of my keyboard at work so no one would see it but it was between me and the comp monitor. I forgot it there when I left, and as we share computers, I know someone would have found it, but I was embarrassed to ask if anyone found it, because I didn't want to be seen as a wacko new agey person. Now, I have nothing against these people who believe this stuff, I AM one! But I know people can have some very negative stereotypes. I think I really need to stop worrying about what others think.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwytch

Thanks for the response Woody! I think I'll have to get that book you recommend, can't have enough books about rocks! ;-)

And thanks for clarifying the part about polished ~vs~ rough stones, as someone who polishes stones it's nice to know that the stone is not affected by polishing.

Of course, I can understand why some folks would "roll their eyes" but I'm not one of them. I've come to realize that their are energies that interact w/all things on different levels. Some energies we can percieve and others we can't (from a scientific perspective). Radiation would be a good example of energies that we can percieve emmited from stones. I've actually used that as an example when speaking about this subject with some skeptical friends. Of course, i understand that nuclear energy and the types of energies you're describing are different but I think they are analagous to each other for the purposes of understanding that it's not unreasonable to believe. I have a tendancy to try and find the physical mechanisms by which so-called paranormal events propagate. I've come across some interesting things related to that subject but that's probably best to leave for a different thread.

I'll be visiting your sites now, as I've just noticed the links in your sig... :-)

Hey Ellie... Don't feel silly about kissing those rocks! When I collect out in the field I sometimes LICK the rocks to see what's inside! lol... it's common practice among rock hounds. ;-D

Thanks again!

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   

[i]

Woodwytch~ Can I ask why the stone should be rough and not polished? Just curious... Thanks.

Edit to add:

Woodwytch~ I'm gleaning from your name and your knowledge of the metaphysical here that you might be able to explain further how this stuff works! Can you elaborate on the topic of stones and the energies associated with them? You mentioned transfering your own energies into a stone, are there other types of energies manifested in stones?

One thing that has always intrigued me when I cut a stone is that sometimes I find faces in them, as if they were painted by a master. Some appear to be trapped or in torment, others appear calm or joyful. It's the strangest thing....

the way i see it everything has a vibration just look it up in a science book matter vibrates at varying levels depending on the space between molecules. therefor even your thoughts have a wavelike vibrations that effect your surroundings. by meditating you sharpen these vibrations until they are a tool for your journey through life. i use my crystals to repair cell structures and cleanse blood but there's less important tasks they can accomplish as well such as reminding you to do your homework or something

www.psipog.org
is great help for stuff like this as it provides a solid base to work on before you jump into crystal work. its brilliantly done but soooo underfunded :/

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Hi!

I bought a tourmalinated quartz crystal a while back. It's a beautiful sphere with a triangle cut on both sides of it. I never got a chance to use it, because I gave it to a friend of mine who just had a baby. Well, I gave it to her baby, not her.

It is currently hanging in his carrier cot....He is constantly staring at it. We have been through some rough patches with friends lately, a lot of gossip and nasty comments going around. The person who is behind all the drama is another friend of ours who also had a baby about eight months ago. Her baby screams and cries constantly, so, when she saw how chilled out Annies baby was, her and her husband went around to pretty much all our mutual friends telling them that Annies baby isn't normal- that there is something wrong with him. They also love telling people that Annies baby is 'unresponsive, etc, etc. Which is so not the case.(At the time, he was only two weeks old) Annies baby is a strong baby boy, very active and inquisitive.

I felt sorry for this poor kid- and couldn't help but feel that he needs to be protected from all this negativity that is being directed at him. He's only a baby. I loved that crystal, it's so beautiful....but he needed it more than I did. So, I cleansed and assigned the crystal to protect him. And hopefully, it is. I did not assign it to send negativity back to the sender, but rather to transform the negative energy into positive for him to use.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by jinx880101

That is a great thing you did. I believe that it was a good idea and very selfless of you. I didn't even see your post until just now! I don't know how I missed it because I always look at my myATS page when I first log on, but just decided to look through this thread again because of some new developments in my life where this topic is concerned.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join