It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

crystal healing, malachite, and footprints

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Lately, I've been researching and learning about the metaphysical properties of rocks and minerals, some just say crystals or whatever. I am not completely convinced yet, but am giving it a try. Well the book I got (The Crystal Bible by Judy Hall) said that malachite stimulates dreams, among other things, but the dream thing was what I was interested in. Using the index, I looked up all the rocks that help with dreaming. I found rocks that help with recall, lucid, prophetic, etc. So I got a malachite rock at the gem and mineral show that just came to my area this weekend. The book recommends cleansing any rocks that you obtain. One of the methods is to bury the rock in the earth, and if you like, pour some spring water over it and let it stay for a day or two. I buried the rock behind my garage and marked it with a stone on top of it so I wouldn't forget where it was. This was the day before yesterday. Yesterday I went out there and poured some water over it and decided to leave it til today. When I went out there today there were four odd marks around the area where I buried it. Upon closer inspection, 2 marks look like big dog foot prints. There are NO OTHER prints, just the four, right near the area. The other 2 marks look less like footprints. If I were to say what it looks like, it looks as if a dog or something dropped out of the tree above, then had to have disappeared, since there are no prints leading to it or walking away! I have pics, but ATS is not letting me upload them, but I'm trying.

After this, well, I did dig up the malachite rock, then I went to check my book again because it seemed so weird. One of the things that stood out to me was that malachite seems to have "a strong affinity to nature and the devic forces" (Hall, 87). I looked up devic in the glossary and it says that the devic kingdom is home of the devas, which are nature spirits.

I would love to hear if anyone has any insight to this.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I've been into rocks and crystals for years when I was younger but not really for any medicinal or metaphysical and spiritual properties until recently.

I am following this for any developments for potential experiments. Pics would be awesome!

[edit on 13-4-2010 by Crossfate]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Crossfate

I got some pics to load to my media portal (?) I'm not sure how to post them so others can see them, if anyone knows and will tell me, that would be great if I could post them in the thread.

I don't know if this will link to my photos, but here, if it will, are some of the pics.
media.abovetopsecret.com...&action=list_photos&album_id=12715

[edit on 13-4-2010 by Ellie Sagan]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Ellie Sagan

At the top left of this page is "Video and Media". There you can upload your pics after you login and grab the embed code needed to put them in a post.

After you login click "My Account" on the right upper hand side of the page and then click "My Pictures" to upload the pics.

Hope this helps

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   

The link you listed just directs me to my own pictures I have uploaded. After you upload a picture click on it then in the boxes below the picture find the one that says "Embed on ATS". Copy and paste that code into your post and it will show the picture.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
i have an elestial black amethyst and that thing is the bomb for meditative cleansing but my arkansas sceptre quartz is cool too cuz its good for long distance healing and manipulations but thats purely on my own experience. i been crystal healing since i heard about it two years ago but only lately have i had the funds to get some beautys. if any one wants a free sample some healing around.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Crossfate

thank you so much! I'm gonna do that now...

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 07:02 AM
link   

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a0a7fb38900c.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1ce7aaa3fbbc.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ae3560a551a7.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0a4eb604a2e5.jpg[/atsimg]

Hopefully this works... sorry for my ignorance holding this up, hehe. Thanks for your help Crossfate.

Ok I just looked at this and it seems that when I embedded them it cut off parts, but you can get the idea mostly.

[edit on 14-4-2010 by Ellie Sagan]

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 07:05 AM
link   
hmmmm...
i energize my rocks and/or crystals out in the sunlight, not under a rock...

but i guess the planet resonance is what their method is for..?
i am bewildered with the burial ritual

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by TheBranch

Well that's interesting, I am very interested in the possibilities of crystal healing and other things with them too. Like I said, for now I was interested in using them for dream aspects, but I have experienced a headache healing with one. Seriously, it was kind of a "oh my head hurts so bad.. well that book said smokey quartz can heal a headache... I don't know... whatever, might as well try, my head is killing me!" I was at work and had no aspirin or anything (but I hate using it anyway, so usually I would just suffer, but this time I wanted it) but I had a couple rocks in my pocket, smokey quartz being one of them. I inconspicuously put it on my temple and leaned on my hand, so no one saw what I was doing.... No kidding, my headache was gone in a few minutes. I was shocked, so it couldn't have been a placebo effect in my opinion because I didn't really believe it would work. So that convinced me that maybe there is some thing to this, that's when I went to work with the dream stuff.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio

hmmmm...

since I'm new to this, I have been reading a lot and one of the things I read that for a thorough cleansing, use water, soil or sand, or salt. The book I got said malachite is damaged by salt, and the earth thing seemed a good idea to me, because like you said something to do with being more in tune with the planet, also the book I got or somewhere else, I read that the rock essentially "lives it's life again" when it is buried. Some people will leave the rocks buried for even a month at a time. The rock I put on top of it was only so I wouldn't forget where i put it.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   
I've had a love for gems and crystals since i was a kid. Love to just sit and hold them, you know? But Malachite hits other "bells" in my mind.

Beautiful green stone, i found this nugget relating to it's very old history, and likely cause for man's dicoveries about metallurgy:

www.all-that-gifts.com...

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by harryhaller

Thank you for your post, I went to that link, it is interesting. Also, I am interested in the significance of that lady's remark about the earth changes and malachite. I had no idea about the copper in malachite. I will research it more. Also, like you said the swirls and lines in it are mesmerizing.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I'm following this thread with some interest here. Thanks for posting your experiences Ellie.

I'm an amateur lapidary (cut and polish stones for use in jewelry) and I collect semi-precious stones in the field. I mostly collect agates, jaspers and the occasional quartz crystal as well. Recently, I cut a batch of malachite cabs and fell in love with this material. I did some research to learn a bit more and discovered the same information that HarryHaller posted above, that Malachite is probably the first material ever smelted to obtain copper. Malachite was also used as an anti-biotic until it was realized that the Copper oxides are toxic to humans. However, it's still used to treat aquarium fish for bacterial infections.

Anyway.. I'm not all that familiar w/the metaphysical properties of stones but I'm certainly interested in learning more.

My personal experiences have occured when I'm out in the field. Normally the locations I collect in, geologically consist of ancient lava flows. Agates tend to form in the voids left behind by gas escaping the cooling lava. I usually camp out for a week or so in the area I collect in. I've experienced an increase in the dreams I have and a distinct feeling of connectedness to the land.

I'm curious to learn more about peoples experiences with stones (metaphysically) and possible mechanisms by which those 'properites" occur (resonance, light, chemical, etc...)

If anyone is interested and the OP doesn't mind, I could post a few pictures here of the Malachite I've been working with.... It's such a beautiful stone!

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Hm. I wonder what could have left those large prints in the ground. It does look similar to that of a dog but, it appears to be that two are more like craters then footprints.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Anamnesis

I absolutely would love to see your pics here! I am glad you posted about what you do, it seems very interesting that you notice the different feelings and dreaming when you camp in those places that you mine or dig. Your lifestyle sounds very appealing to me.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio

hmmmm...

Returning rocks/crystals back to the earth (their natural element) is a widely practiced method of recharging them ... particularly if you bury them for a full moon cycle (bury at full moon ... reclaim at the new moon) ... this is a very good way to totally cleanse and recharge.

Perfect for the dedication of any new gemstones you might buy prticularly the raw/unpolished gemstones ... then sleep with them under your pillow for 3nights (during the waxing moon) to embue them with your own energy ... this method should be repeated every 6-12 months (depending on how regularly you use them and what you use them for).

Woody

>>> BTW

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by harryhaller
I've had a love for gems and crystals since i was a kid. Love to just sit and hold them, you know? But Malachite hits other "bells" in my mind.

Beautiful green stone, i found this nugget relating to it's very old history, and likely cause for man's dicoveries about metallurgy:

www.all-that-gifts.com...

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ellie Sagan

I absolutely would love to see your pics here! I am glad you posted about what you do, it seems very interesting that you notice the different feelings and dreaming when you camp in those places that you mine or dig. Your lifestyle sounds very appealing to me.

This is a slab of Malachite that was sent from a friend in Belgium but I have no idea where this Malachite originated. This particular slab is considered grade "A" lapidary material.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/45a362b99cfa53a7.jpg[/atsimg]

And here's a cabochon cut from Malachite banded with Azurite. The little vug has Hematite druze.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ce8f7b4ab62d.jpg[/atsimg]

I didn't collect the Malachite above.

And if I can elaborate on the experiences I've had without highjacking this thread....

When I said I felt a connection to the land, it wasn't entirely accurate. What I meant was that I feel connected to everything, the wind, the earth, the flora and fauna, the sky, the stars... everything. I believe that we all feel this to some degree but when I'm in certain areas w/high concentrations of pure Silica (quartz would be an example) in whatever form, I feel that connection strengthen tremendously. Almost everyone I know that visits these sites has the same types of cathardic experiences in some way or another.

I don't want to highjack this thread so I'll stop there and get back on the topic...

I'm always inclined to accept the simplest explanation for the un-explained so I'm gonna have to go with Dog prints in the pictures. ;-) The mark in last picture is a little unusual looking though but it's hard to tell without seeing it in person.

I'd be interested to hear what experiences you might have with the Malachite now that you've gained more information from the other posters here.

Woodwytch~ Can I ask why the stone should be rough and not polished? Just curious... Thanks.

Edit to add:

Woodwytch~ I'm gleaning from your name and your knowledge of the metaphysical here that you might be able to explain further how this stuff works! Can you elaborate on the topic of stones and the energies associated with them? You mentioned transfering your own energies into a stone, are there other types of energies manifested in stones?

One thing that has always intrigued me when I cut a stone is that sometimes I find faces in them, as if they were painted by a master. Some appear to be trapped or in torment, others appear calm or joyful. It's the strangest thing....

I feel like I'm highjacking this thread so I must apologize. Maybe I can pursuade Woody to start a new thread covering the questions I've asked. Pretty please? ;-)

Honestly... my interest in these sort of topics is the reason I joined ATS but I became bogged down in the conspiracies... maybe I'll just stick around the Paranormal forum form now on... lol...

Thanks again...

[edit on 14-4-2010 by Anamnesis]

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Nice pics Anamnesis, thanks for posting. The pics I posted, got cut off when I embedded them, so you can't see much of the area. Basically, if it was a dog, it made no footprints at all leading to or from the area where I buried the malachite. That's the part that confused me. Also, a possible connection with nature spirits, because the one book I read said malachite has an affinity with the nature spirits called devas. I read a bit on them and I found that the gnomes are earth spirits, also in charge of minerals and the roots of trees if I remember correctly.

This is from this website: www.soul-guidance.com...

"Gnomes

Gnomes are connected to the earth element, which includes the minerals. They live inside the earth, although there are some forest gnomes, who take care of the forest on the level of the earth element. They vary in size from 2 to 3 feet. They look a bit knotty, gnarled, and in general they are a bit gruff, and do not trust easily humans.

Gnomes take care not only of the earth and minerals, but also of the roots of plants. They have strong senses and intellect. They understand what they hear and see. They not only receive the cosmic influences, but also ideas. They have a clear consciousness.

A plant receives energies from the cosmos and lets them sink into the soil, where the gnomes collect this information and pass it on to the earth, to all the minerals. Their knowledge is immediate, that is, when they receive information through their senses they immediately ‘know’. Because they have a universal intellect they tend to look down on humans as incomplete beings. They don’t have to think things over as we do, thus they think that we are dumb.

Gnomes have an inner sense with which they experience what is in the minerals and metals, these being receivers of what is above the earth. They also seem to be sensitive to influences of the moon. With full moon, they form a thick ‘skin’ to protect themselves against the moon light, with new moon they are almost transparent. They are always alert what happens around and to them.

They give spiritual support to lowly developed animals."

Interesting reading in my opinion.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join