It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkey To Challenge Israel, Support Hamas

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by BLV12

Yep. But that's because NATO and Europe laugh at Turkey for decades. They were just paying attention to them if it benefited them.

Turkey asked for a decade to be included in the European Union. They were laughed at.

Good for Turkey to become more independent, they've understood the game, be a slave to the west or you're laughed at and ignored.

I knew this would happen a few years back... all was pointing in this direction. I was happy when Obama went to Turkey to try to remake relations with them...but it seems it was just BS... or too late.

Same thing is happening right now with INDIA.... Thanks to Bush and Obama. India will slip away and side with Russia....if it has not already...

[edit on 27-5-2010 by Vitchilo]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Well to be fair the Turks were happy to play the role designated to them by the West, as long as the West supported them.
The problems that exist between Greece and Turkey, exist to this day, because the West has backed Turkey over Greece on numerous issues, tying Greece's hands.
Turkey's expansionist policies have been nurtured by the Americans for decades.

It's going to be an interesting couple of years and decade or two ahead, that's for sure. Hopefully without bloodshed.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Greco-Turkish War (1919-1922)
Main article: Greco-Turkish War (1919-1922)
A major defeat followed in 1922, however, when the Turkish revolutionaries defeated and expelled the Greeks from Anatolia during the Greco-Turkish War (1919-1922). The Treaty of Lausanne saw Greece lose Eastern Thrace, Imbros and Tenedos, Smyrna and the possibility of staying in Anatolia. To avoid any further territorial claims, both Greece and Turkey enganged in an "exchange of populations": During the conflict, 151,892 Greeks had already fled Asia Minor. The Treaty of Lausanne moved 1,104,216 Greeks from Turkey, 40027 Greeks from Bulgaria, 58522 from Russia (because of the defeat of Vrangel) and 10,080 from other sources (Dodecanese or Albania, for example)[5]. In exchange, 380,000 Turks left the Greek territory to Turkey and 60,000 Bulgarians from Thrace and Macedonia were moved to Bulgaria.
The immediate reception of refugees to Greece cost 45 million francs, then the League of Nations organized a loan of 150 million francs for the settlement of refugees. In 1930, Venizelos even went on an official visit to Turkey, where he proposed that Mustafa Kemal be awarded the Nobel Peace Prize.
[edit]Interwar period

“ Πάλι με χρόνια με καιρούς, πάλι δικά μας θα 'ναι!

As times and years go by, they shall be ours again.[2]

Megali Idea ?

Let's not beat around the bush .

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by 23432

Who has said anything about "megali idea" besides you?

You want to bring up past defeats? Do you want to explain to them what Malta YOK means, or should I?

Make another post like that and I'll report you. Stick to the topic, if you have nothing to add to the discussion, then don't post?

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   
The Israelis are Khazars, an ancient TURKISH tribe. They are not related to Abraham nor the Israelites. I'm glad that their real big brothers are coming to put them into place. The people you call Hebrews are Gog of Magog in the Bible, what a sad world where people don't know they've been duped.

[edit on 27-5-2010 by TSawyer]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by BLV12

Easy now Hellas , won't you ?

You are the who sounds like a meghali idealist , walks like one , as well as talks like one too .

If you are not a meghali idealist , I would be very very surprised .

Israel and Turkey are not going to fight with one another .

Your worries are unfounded and your agenda is indeed LOADED .

Scooby Doo is less confused then you BLV12 .

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
If Europe was a democracy I would vote turkey in.

[edit on 27-5-2010 by ickylevel]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by 23432

Keep it up, your about to be reported to the moderators.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   
A must read article for all those interested in the Turkey-Israel relations...

Israel's split with Turkey deepens

Summary : Israel is screwed whatever they do and Turkey wins.

[edit on 28-5-2010 by Vitchilo]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Not really. Turkey only has a hope if Israel/USA/Europe keep living in denial.

Anyway...

UN rift widens over Brazil-Turkey deal with Iran

www.hurriyetdailynews.com...

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by TSawyer
The Israelis are Khazars, an ancient TURKISH tribe. They are not related to Abraham nor the Israelites. I'm glad that their real big brothers are coming to put them into place. The people you call Hebrews are Gog of Magog in the Bible, what a sad world where people don't know they've been duped.

[edit on 27-5-2010 by TSawyer]

Gog is Russia and everyone knows that. Russia is not on Israels side so how can the Gog-Magog alliance include Israel. Stop posting an Arab propaganda pipe dream.

Tubal is an ancient name for the area around Tobolsk in Siberia and Meshach is an ancient name for the area around Moscow.

Russia (GOG), Turkey (GOMER), Syria and Iran (PERSIA) Ethiopia, Sudan and Libya are the evil Magog alliance that will be crushed for coming against Israel.

They will all take a biblical beating from Israel with the help of GOD Jesus!!!

[edit on 28-5-2010 by Sky watcher]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by BLV12
Not really. Turkey only has a hope if Israel/USA/Europe keep living in denial.

How do you work that one out, BLV12? I appreciate that you have been consistent in your low opinion of Turkey, but sweeping statements like this need elaboration from the author.

I don’t think the US and Europe are in denial at all. They fully understand what is going on. The nuclear deal between Brazil / Turkey and Iran concerns a swap of Iranian low-enriched uranium for fuel for a research reactor – of a quality too low for weaponisation.

The deal may / may not prevent sanctions over Iran’s continued lack of conformity to UN Security Council resolutions which call for the halting of Iranian efforts to enrich uranium and to be transparent in its nuclear affairs. Whether the West likes it or not, acts like this may serve to force Iranian openness – or not, as the case may be.

The logic is that if Iran has the enriched uranium then it does not need a programme of its own. It may be a pipe dream, but engagement may be the answer. Personally, I think Iran’s ambitions are dangerous, but hey.

Israel, on the other hand has been in denial for years over many topics, including the shoddy disregard for the sensitivities of Turkey.

Regards

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Nope, not even close to what I was talking about.

The deal Turkey went and made, shows the nature of Turkey.
It is biting the hand that feeds it, or in this case, the hands that feed it.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 04:48 AM
link   
23432, dont feed the troll that the greek friend is spreading.
(Fare dağa küşmüş, dağın haberi olmamış)
My greek friend,
turkish army is actually the most secular part of Turkey and they are fully against those attempts of sending ships to Gaza etc. But the power relations are changing in Turkey. The Army is not powerful (ideologically and politically) anymore. Turkey is searching and slowly finding its democracy parameters.

[edit on 29-5-2010 by deccal]

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   
About the ship... sailing to Gaza...

It seems something went bad.

They are asking for help... 3 dead and many injured! And it's a Turkish ship...

Let's hope it's not Israel that did this...

UPDATE: It seems it was an attack from an helicopter, probably an Israeli one.

Three Turkish nationals killed by ISRAEL.

ALERT PEOPLE!

UPDATE 2 : Israel is now boarding the ships!

Let's hope it's not the start of WW3.

[edit on 30-5-2010 by Vitchilo]

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   
www.news.com.au...

Yep, they've opened fire and boarded ships with force.

"They are going to have to forcefully stop us."

Says it all really.

Israel should just board all the ships and impound them, and imprison or deport those onboard.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by BLV12
www.news.com.au...

Yep, they've opened fire and boarded ships with force.

"They are going to have to forcefully stop us."

Says it all really.

Israel should just board all the ships and impound them, and imprison or deport those onboard.

...... for what? Taking aid to innocent people who need it? Israel being the world bullies again?

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Myrddin Wyllt

Because this has nothing to do with providing aide, as far as the Turkish government is concerned, it is using those who want to help to further it's political agenda in the region by provoking Israel.

I'm all for helping the people of Palestine, those who don't support Hamas or other terrorist groups of course, but allowing boats of people to set sail for another country's armed forces who will use armed force to enforce their blockade is reckless and irresponsible.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by BLV12

The only people being reckless and irresponsible are ISRAEL. Trying to defend what ISRAEL has done.... you are on a no winner there!

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by BLV12

Just to be clear... The flotilla was not officially sanctioned by the Turkish authorities. It may have been supported, but then several nations have provided vocal support. Not all the ships were Turkish derived and nationals on the flotilla have come from a wide variety of nations as well as Turkey (Greece, Ireland and Sweden to name but three).

Everything to do with this flotilla was political.

I cannot believe the Israeli’s have made this error of judgement. Regardless of “who shot first” the Israeli’s have made a massive political blunder which will further isolate and draw international attention to the situation in Gaza.

Remember, this thread was about the deterioration of Israeli / Turkish relations. I think Israel have just hammered the coffin shut and in so doing have stepped over the line.

Regards

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join