It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Searching for the original or origin of Jesus

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by telfyr
reply to post by revmoofoo

how can my thinking brain fit into the path to jesus and god.?
or am i doomed ?

Don't take me the wrong way when I ask this, but do you want to find a path to god? Do you believe in god? Are you willing to make the changes you need to in your life to find your path?

When confronted with sceptics or people who don’t quite know where to start, I always tell them to start by looking at the Pagan myth cycles because they show you that the story of Christ was told hundreds of years before he “existed” and that others (many of whose names will probably be familiar to you) played the part of the Christ. This is usually enough to get an enquiring mind interested in finding out more.

This book is also an interesting read that will make you want to know more:

The Jesus Mysteries

All of this should get your “thinking brain” going and help you start to find a path to god. I have a “thinking brain” too and this is how I got started with this aspect of my journey.

Drop me a message if you every want to chat about this kind of thing.

Rev

[edit on 10/4/2010 by revmoofoo]

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by enragedmaniac

Originally posted by PublicDefenseCorp
There is zero proof Jesus ever lived. Period.

His story is the same as Krishna, and everyone else BEFORE him.

You can't tell a Christian that though, they'll get all teary eyed and pissed off, while screamin "The bible says so!"

What a #ing joke.

Look, I agree with you. The problem is that if you confront a Christian with this, it cannot be accepted by them because it would destroy their entire belief system. Like you said, they usually go f'n bonkers.

Bonkers? Hardly.

Nothing anyone says to the contrary can shake my faith in Jesus. Why? Because I personally know Him. Now, you will say that is bonkers, but that's what Salvation is all about--a personal relationship with our Creator. I'm not a religious man at all, Jesus is my Savior and He's all I need. Not one thing can be said that would make me bonkers.

See, I don't believe in Him because 'the Bible says so'. I believe because I know Him, therefore I believe in His Word.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by DTigerW

" I believe that God being God would not allow Everything to be distorted "

Then what are you doing on a conspiracy website ?

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Jesus is just the latest of multiple religious figures with stories very similar that predated his myth.
1. Buddha
2. Krishna
3. Odysseus
4. Romulus
5. Dionysus
6. Heracles
7. Glycon
8. Zoraster
9. Attis
10. Horus

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by The Patriot

I believe in santa clause , because every year I get new socks and underwear .

Just sayin ...

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by enragedmaniac
Jesus is just the latest of multiple religious figures with stories very similar that predated his myth.
1. Buddha
2. Krishna
3. Odysseus
4. Romulus
5. Dionysus
6. Heracles
7. Glycon
8. Zoraster
9. Attis
10. Horus

Amen brother! A little knowledge goes a very long way.

Rev

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I for one 100% understand why people would not believe in Jesus because "the Bible says he existed" but there are hundreds of accounts and records of Jesus that have nothing to do with the Bible - even as far away as India (St. Issa) where I personally believe Jesus went to study during his so called lost years.

This is evidence for me that he existed.

Why would hundreds of people lie about the same person? Why would India have this man in their records?

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by telfyr

You wanted one way.....

Amen...

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I don't think all the various writers of the time, and writers that came later were all writing science fiction. I believe they were writing about a real person.

The question is, if he was divine.

That, my friends, is up to each person to decide for themselves..

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by revmoofoo

Originally posted by telfyr
reply to post by revmoofoo

how can my thinking brain fit into the path to jesus and god.?
or am i doomed ?

Don't take me the wrong way when I ask this, but do you want to find a path to god? Do you believe in god? Are you willing to make the changes you need to in your life to find your path?

erm, i think i made that answer quite clear , when you read what i posted in this threat.

[edit on 10-4-2010 by telfyr]

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Here's a little tid bit about which almost nobody has a clue.

The Book of Revelations in large part is a rip off of the prophesies by what were known as Sibyls. These Sibyls were prophetesses of the Pagan Churchs of that time. There were Sibilline Books that were revered throughout the Roman Empire. Stories & prophesies from these books are peppered throughout the Book of Revelations.
The early Church was very concerned that the general population would find out about the forgery and plagerism in the Book of Revelations.
In 405 AD the Bishop of Rome ordered the Roman General Flavius Stilicho to burn as many copies of the Sibilline Books that he could find.

The history of the Christian Church is filled with this type of deception and forgery.

[edit on 10-4-2010 by enragedmaniac]

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by BellaMente

so i am a good person to all i come across.
i try to do my best to understand the people i meet.
with my knowlidge of people i help by talking good faith in them.
it is what i do naturally.
and i am an atheist in the purest of way`s that exist.
no god, the universe is big. no place for me to be worried about.
ill be living my life, helping where i can.
no need for a god or a jesus.

youre anwser to why their is a jesus in india, and for all the world.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by okbmd

Since that was taken out of context let me clarify.
I do not believe God would allow everything in the bible to have been distorted and manipulated to the point where you could not understand what he wanted. The fact that I believe in God is because of personal experiences. The Word (Bible) gives me insight to the history and some of the workings of Jeses and others. More so an encouragement and basis to strenghten my spirit.
Even a Christian can be into conspiracies. But when talking about spirituality, I go by what I've learned from God, not man's thoughts.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
...Jesus and others...

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   
when the path to god, with jesus, can be explaned to a little child.
in their know how to understand.
than tell me, ill be interested, 100%

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
dont forget you need to put the whole god and jesus concept in their brains first.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
its a difficult path that youre god played out for you.
or wait, thats something for the future bible.
or , isnt, it?

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
If you really want to understand Jesus I recommend reading Nietzsche Thus spoke Zarathustra.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Ok here's the big difference of all of those men who have been set apart through-out the history of the ages, only one has ever said he would be back and everyone will not only bend knee but proclaim him as CHRIST king of kings.
Now thats a pretty bold statement. And not only that he said there would be no doubt when he got here so i guess we'll just have to wait and see. If shows up, hey iguess he is, if he dosen't well just another good guy.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
You either believe it or you don't. That's simple enough. That's the problem. God saw us as pagans and he sent his son on earth as a pagan. believe it or not....?

[edit on 10-4-2010 by Jordan River]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join