It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Searching for the original or origin of Jesus

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
you can always tell an atheist by his charity and tolerance for his fellow man, whether he agrees with him or not.

Yes, the atheist is a shining example of love and humility. No wonder so many millions join him in his godless paradise on earth!

Originally posted by SunIsSon
reply to post by telfyr

You do not need to pray for me (which is honestly just talking to yourself in all reality). Sorry, but I have done my research and know what I believe 100% despite the christian belief that I am doomed to hell for eternity. With that in mind, it actually takes MORE FAITH TO NOT BELIEVE. I've done my study and research, I am NOT going to your doomed Hell.

And if there is a God, I doubt he/she rewards those that have blind faith and do not QUESTION EVERYTHING. We were given an advanced brain NOT to be ignorant. My post above is FACT, and anyone whom still believes in this nonsense is either 1) too lazy to research. 2) in denial or mentally incapable of any common sense. or 3) ONLY believing for ONE THING ONLY - their alleged FREE TICKET TO HEAVEN for eternity which is earned for just being IGNORANT. Extreme SILLINESS folks!

[edit on 10-4-2010 by SunIsSon]

[edit on 10-4-2010 by SunIsSon]

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Noncompatible

Difference between naive and not proof-reading a post, but thanks for the correction.

Can't believe I did that... *facepalms*

[edit on 11-4-2010 by Mykahel]

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

I hate that i'm late. But i found the Urantia book very informative about Jesus Christ, spirituality, the universe, the superuniverses, the Infinite creator, and ect. It's very good book, and the intelligence of it is one you can't deny. It will elaborate on Jesus' whole life, who he really is, what he really was, his teachings, his childhood, his messages/mission, his family life including siblings parents etc. The book also explains angels, who Gabriel really is, the lucifer rebellion, the ancients of days. It's the best information i have yet to find and read.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Kapyong

Ok, I'm sorry, perhaps they didn't write them themselves, but rather a scribe did while taking the first hand account of those witnesses. Those would include John and Peter at the least.

Acknowledged the mistake in the dating, honest slip.

You really think that ALL of them are in agreement, its always dangerous using that "all" term you know.

55% is a pretty large portion of the population, especially since many have not even heard the name, as sad as it may be. But still, I guess if you feel better by thinking that half the world is crazy, more power to you. I'd agree that large numbers of people are just dumb, and they seem to be concentrated right here in America.

Personally, I'd rather be crazy than naive though. It's more fun.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Well..this isnt very interresting anymore. Through history there are over 10000 candidates of who jesus actually was. Lately though,it is proven that jesus isnt actually a man. But the sun in our galaxy. Jesus is a personification just as any other personification in religions the last 35 000 years. A character identical with jesus is Hourus the egyptian version of Jesus.

This is not a theory by the way. its documented with bone\dna\history\scripts\ and more findings.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

I didn't even bother to read all the replies but just the few in the beginning led me to just blurt out my own theory.

First: The image of Jesus. Have to look at what the peoples in the region looked like 200 years ago. I can guarantee they were not white with light brown hair.

Second: must consider the evolution of religions at the time. Jewish, was the number one but it was falling into disfavor because of the abuse done by the religious leaders. By the way, did you notice that the bible was written for the decendents of the Israelites? Just thought I would mention that fact.

Third: Romans, Greeks, Asians, and Africans were pretty much the dominant regions with sub cultures and a whole slew of different religions. Amazing how each one has a son of a god blessed with special god-like powers?

It is not a coincidence. Competition back then was fierce. Catholics won with their tie into Judasim. Muslims come second with their tie into the original faith of judasim. Then came the Catholic/Muslim wars. Catholics won grew too big and split into the several Christian movements we know today. Call the hero by any other name: Hercules, Jesus, Abraham, Buddha, what ever and you have a different religion. Each religion has a humble hero and the stories are so similar it is amazing. The son of a god that was not only humilated but died fighting for the people he loved.

Jesus encompasses an idea. Whether or not he was real in the sense of having been a man who lived a life does not seem to matter. People only care about what the idea represents. Someone willing to sacrifice himself for the sake of all humanity. The moral to the story is the man.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by joeofthemountain

Oh dear. Speaking as an one whom you would define as an atheist.

Your post disturbs me. Does the fact that I do not define my worthiness (or not)
on the same sliding scale of WWJD that you do, offend you ?

Or is it the fact I do not feel the need for redemption ?
Maybe it is because I like to expose ALL "truths" to the cold hard touch of logic ?

There is no empirical data for the existence of Jesus the man, never mind the Son of God. Even the Abrahamic trinity of religions cannot agree on "his" status.

The Bible and other writings cannot be classified as proof. Why you may ask ?

Simply put, other documentation from the same time periods makes no mention or even beyond that...I would need to believe in Djinn, unicorns, faeries, elves, trolls, giants etc....simply because old oral and written traditions tell me too.

Tolerance is a two edged sword. I tolerate your belief system. Please free to exhibit some "christian" tolerance of my (for want of a better way to express) "lack of belief in the non-tangible" system.

Paradise is achievable, right here on Earth. It starts with respect for ones differences.

Thank you for listening.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Just as Bill Cosby said long ago. I thought my name was "Jesus Christ" and my brothers was "Damnit"

"Jesus Christ will you get over here!!!"

"Damnit get off of the couch."

Then one day his dad told him "Damnit get over here"
And Bill replied "But dad i thought i was Jesus Christ"

Guess you would have had to heard it.

So i guess Jesus has been here all along. And African american.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Gday,

Originally posted by Salara4
I hate that i'm late. But i found the Urantia book very informative about Jesus Christ,

It's made up nonsense that almost no-one believes.
That's why you didn't post ANYTHING from it.

K.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Gday,

Originally posted by Mykahel
Ok, I'm sorry, perhaps they didn't write them themselves, but rather a scribe did while taking the first hand account of those witnesses.

Wrong again.
There is NO evidence that ANYONE met a witness.

NOT ONE of the NT books contains a claim to have met Jesus, or anyone else who met Jesus.

There is NO EVIDENCE at all for your faithful claims.
Which is why you didn't quote any.

Those would include John

Nonsense.
The Gospel of John is late and had obvious errors, and was written by someone who never met Jesus.

The letters of John were forged by other people, not John.

and Peter at the least.

Rubbish.
The letters of Peter were forged in 2 century by someone who never met Jesus.

Mykahel - you aren't in church now buddy.
Preaching your faithful beliefs goes NOWHERE here.

If you want to convince anyone, you'll need to provide EVIDENCE, not preaching followed by insultinh anyone who disagrees.

55% is a pretty large portion of the population,

45% is a huge number - BILLIONS who do NOT believe in Jesus.
This is a useless argument.

especially since many have not even heard the name, as sad as it may be. But still, I guess if you feel better by thinking that half the world is crazy, more power to you. I'd agree that large numbers of people are just dumb, and they seem to be concentrated right here in America.
Personally, I'd rather be crazy than naive though. It's more fun.

Not crazy.
Just WRONG.

K.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Gday,

Originally posted by Archirvion
Well..this isnt very interresting anymore. Through history there are over 10000 candidates of who jesus actually was. Lately though,it is proven that jesus isnt actually a man.

But somehow you FAILED to show the proof.
What a surprise !

Originally posted by Archirvion
This is not a theory by the way. its documented with bone\dna\history\scripts\ and more findings.

Hahahahahah!
But you FAILED to show any evidence!

Another crackpot turning up to preach silly nonsense without ANY evidence.

Funny place this site.

K.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Gday,

Originally posted by peggy m
I didn't even bother to read all the replies but just the few in the beginning led me to just blurt out my own theory.

Yup,
That is what this site is about -

Blurting out your own crackpot theory,
without listening to others,
without presenting any EVIDENCE.

You'll fit right in here, peggy.

K.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Gday,

Originally posted by BellaMente
Because I don't take the Bible to be evidence for his existence. Whether it's in the Bible, or it's not in the Bible, it doesn't matter much to me. I take the account of him being in India to be evidence for my own personal reasons, especially because of the story below, which is *hilarious* to me:

So, you reject what Christians believe about Jesus,
you reject the bible.

But you believe a story about Jesus that almost NO OTHER CHristians believe, that NO history supports - because of a story from a VISION from the crackpot Cayce?

Wow.

So, you don't care HOW silly you look?
Ok.

K.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Kapyong

You are the only one that makes sense in this thread. Cheers.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Kapyong

Guess that kind of happens when factual history is thrown out the window and you have different people claiming as fact their beliefs about what happened 2000 years ago. Yes, I know, same argument that you would use against me. I'll claim one source and you'll claim another source and we'll both simply fight for which source is true.

You start every post with "Gday" in what would appear to be an attempt to have a civil conversation. I've tried to be respectful, but you have not only been outright rude to me but also to many of the others here.

I won't be posting here again. I hope you arrogant and egotistical pride serves you well.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
In response to the original poster....yes, I believe Jesus existed. I just don't believe he was the son of God. That was a decision later made by the Council of Nicea...

We can trace his family and historical roots, we just can't PROVE it archaeologically, (yet)...but I do believe we still could find such evidence.

With all of the other actual history in the Bible, we can't throw the baby out with the bathwater....

I feel he was a great man (pushed to it by his mother), and had some valuable lessons to teach, just as other spiritual leaders did...but I think his resurrection was either staged or a misunderstood move of the body by his more affluent relatives. It's even possible it was his brother James that died, versus "Jesus" which is really more of a title, anyhow... and there is always the story he was able to go to France....

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Try lookin into Jmmanuel

imagine being about 2000 years ago and trying to explain to everyone that its all just an alien experiment, you'd be crucified.

The guy even told people that a UFO guided 3 wise men to where he was born, crazy, he'd be in a mental hospital if he was around today.

There are plenty of people around who are pretty enlightened but we lock them away so we can carry on living in wonderland.

Some things can drive a person insane, especially when the signs are everywhere, total Cassandra Complex

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   
He was most likely an alien - abduction, impregnation, advanced DNA, being watched by saucers, assisted by higher technology. It could have just been a group of wanderers. I think the more mature alien species know how detrimental it is to interfere with primitive races.
edit on 18-2-2011 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Did Jesus exist? I believe he did. I don't think all these ancient writers were all in on a scheme to make up a story to provide good debate for us 2000 years later. I think they were all writing about SOMEBODY.

Was he whom he claimed to be? Well that's for you to discover and decide for yourself.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Read the bible once or twice and all your questions will be answered.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join