It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Searching for the original or origin of Jesus

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel
Many people of all kinds of life throughout the years have debated about the existence of Jesus. Weather he be a different skin color, just a prophet and not a messiah, or was he just plagiarized from numerous religious text. The list goes on and on. Of course I am a Atheist. But that doesn't mean I'm a fan of Jesus. What do you guys think of Jesus? Do you believe he existed or not?

This thread should be in the right place. If this thread is in the wrong place, I'm sorry.

I am a Christian, but I’m not a Literalist, so my views on the Bible and faith in general are often very different from most mainstream Christians. With that in mind I believe that if you fancy an interesting journey that you should start with the pagan myth cycles and move on from there. You should find that the God-ling/God-man stories that you encounter are very similar (and in some cases identical) to the stories of Christ.

It is my own personal belief that there are many paths to god and that we will find our way when the time is right.

I hope you find your search interesting.

Rev

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by revmoofoo

John 14:6. Rev.

link   
If you want to find out if there was Jesus as person - archeology is your game. Romans had to keep official documents of killing whom it considered criminals, and we know the approximate period. So to finally prove/disprove it all is needed is "just" to find those documents.
By the way, competing religions do not claim that there was no Jesus. One of those religions was there at the time and it argues with issue of Jesus as son of God and such, but it treats him as a real person. Even allowing him some magic powers.
If you speak about religion proper - cant help you with that. I do not think that religion and faith are the same anyway. However there are lots of people who can, theology is an academical discipline and if you are really interested you can study it in lots of universities without any religious affiliation.
Edit - PC clarification.

[edit on 10-4-2010 by ZeroKnowledge]

link   

God did indeed make a path to Him... It was not many though... But through His Son....

How simple is that???

Who needs loads of ways when there is just one...??

It aint mary though, or the many "saints" you pray too.. There is ONE WAY... THAT is through Yeshua who is THE way...

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
There is only one anything. Only 1 path? There is many many paths, with only 1 beginning and 1 end. Saying that every single person on the planet should have the same exact experience is fanatical. At what point do you begin to question your own faith?

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Yissachar1

what you are saying is that the path to god etc, can only be made by narrowing youre mind to some old text that claim jesus is the way?

that means i cannot ever find god, just becos i think a lot?
that is an evil god in my view.
close my mind to one and only, forget about the real world i live in?

when you think of it , that is the only path to jesus.
do not think about it.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by DTigerW

Your PROOF is provided by studying REAL FACTUAL history!

I have a question for you - I believe that there is a green martian named Joe that talks to animals and plants, walks on flames of fire, can see thru steel walls, can read my mind, and places money in my pets mouth for me to live off of and pay my taxes. PROVE ME WRONG. See how silly that question is. The burden is on YOUR shoulders to prove the fairy tale, NOT those of us having RATIONAL thought!

[edit on 10-4-2010 by SunIsSon]

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by DTigerW

John 14:6. Rev.

If I had a penny for every time someone’s thrown that at me. hehe

God isn’t what you’ve been told it is by your Churches and Sunday schools. The Bible is not a literal/historical account of those times, it is an allegory. At least that’s my belief. I was training to become a Minister when I had my Epiphany (so to speak) and that very day I left everything I’d worked so hard to achieve and started walking my current path.

In the end, we’ll know whose right and who’s wrong...but I’m betting that we’re all right one way or another.

Veritas Vos Liberat

Rev

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by SunIsSon

in the path to jesus you are not allowed to talk that way.
so you are not walking like jesus wants you, so no path to god.
like me, we are brains that think things thru, and by that.

we will go to hell, well, the hell that "they"think is comming for us.
im glad i do not believe any of that mumbojumbo.
so ill go to my own place when i die , ok, im not bothering any jesus or followers.
ill just live in a great big garden, with a nice girl.
we grow imaginairy food and eat et etc.
that is a wonderful place for me , when im dead.

no jusus or god to be scared of.
just wonderful.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by onequestion
There is only one anything. Only 1 path? There is many many paths, with only 1 beginning and 1 end. Saying that every single person on the planet should have the same exact experience is fanatical. At what point do you begin to question your own faith?

You wouldn’t be much of a conspiracy buff if you didn’t question everything all the time, your faith included. Finding your faith should be a journey rather than something that’s handed to you. After all, if you don’t have to work to achieve it, then the personal reward won’t be as great.

A friend and I were chatting a few weeks back about all the faiths in the world and he came up with an interesting theory that I may steal and call my own one day. He theorised that all the different faiths in the world and all the gods/goddesses/godmen that have existed in those faiths were there to allow people with different cultural backgrounds to find their own path to god, because there is only one god. I personally think he’s been reading a wee bit too much Raymond E Fiest, but it’s still an interesting theory.

Rev

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
The Jesus that is written about in the New Testament never existed. His is a compilation of itinerant preachers that existed in the time period depicted. The story was fabricated, enhanced and altered.
Today the Church is big business, but the reason for it's original development was political. The Roman Empire made Christianity what it is today. They usurped the Jewish religion and created the Universal Church that all would be encouraged to join.

What is bewildering to me is how intelligent people fall into the lie.
But then again, the brainwashing is strong and pervasive throughout society.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   

old views compared to our understanding now.
how does that fit in?
on the path to the one true god?

how can my thinking brain fit into the path to jesus and god.?
or am i doomed ?

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by telfyr

Your view.... Not mine..... I hope you fined you way...

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
There is zero proof Jesus ever lived. Period.

His story is the same as Krishna, and everyone else BEFORE him.

You can't tell a Christian that though, they'll get all teary eyed and pissed off, while screamin "The bible says so!"

What a #ing joke.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by PublicDefenseCorp

nothing was added by that bunch of letters.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by telfyr

One thing only........

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by PublicDefenseCorp
There is zero proof Jesus ever lived. Period.

His story is the same as Krishna, and everyone else BEFORE him.

You can't tell a Christian that though, they'll get all teary eyed and pissed off, while screamin "The bible says so!"

What a #ing joke.

Look, I agree with you. The problem is that if you confront a Christian with this, it cannot be accepted by them because it would destroy their entire belief system. Like you said, they usually go f'n bonkers.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
The revelation of the Aquarian Gospel was prophesied 2000 years ago by Elihu, who conducted a school of the prophets in Zoan, Egypt. He said thus:

"This age will comprehend but little of the works of Purity and Love; but not a word is lost, for in the Book of God's Remembrance a registry is made of every thought and word and deed.

And When The world is ready to receive, lo, God will send a messenger to open up the book and copy from its sacred pages all the messages of Purity and Love. - Aquarian Gospel

The Aquarian Gospel of Jesus the Christ by Levi

those who seek, will find. nothing is hidden

to skeptics, at least read it, then you can criticize.
I can only point to the right direction, but you must be the chooser.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by SunIsSon

lol.Understand I am not trying to impose my belief on you. If you think your using rational thought based on things you have researched, you are using information that has been handed down and theories that have been proposed, that is no different from me using information that has also been handed down or written throughout history. I actually liked your response, but I dont believe everyone that uses rational thought is not a believer. I question things all the time, (A reason for being on this website). In my questioning and RESEARCH I have found that Jesus did exist and Christ still does. If to have a debate is to question ones intelligence and not their facts with you I will invest time elsewhere. But the Bible is indeed factual. For me personally, I believe that God being God would not allow Everything to be distorted as you suggest. Fortunately for those that do believe if there is something that is hard to understand when reading, he reveals the true meaning to us. Trying to understand God through ones own understanding can be hard even to the smartest among us. Until one develops a direct relationship with God and realizes his power and love; someone can read all they want. Its two different things. I hope you find what you're looking for. As said elsewhere, In the end we'll all see.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join