It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Searching for the original or origin of Jesus

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Many people of all kinds of life throughout the years have debated about the existence of Jesus. Weather he be a different skin color, just a prophet and not a messiah, or was he just plagiarized from numerous religious text. The list goes on and on. Of course I am a Atheist. But that doesn't mean I'm a fan of Jesus. What do you guys think of Jesus? Do you believe he existed or not?

This thread should be in the right place. If this thread is in the wrong place, I'm sorry.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
If you are truly interested in researching Jesus or the origins,
I'd suggest using the search engines available on the net
and read til your hearts content.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel
Many people of all kinds of life throughout the years have debated about the existence of Jesus. Weather he be a different skin color, just a prophet and not a messiah, or was he just plagiarized from numerous religious text. The list goes on and on. Of course I am a Atheist. But that doesn't mean I'm a fan of Jesus. What do you guys think of Jesus? Do you believe he existed or not?

This thread should be in the right place. If this thread is in the wrong place, I'm sorry.

agreed with the person above me, but read and than make your OWN decision on what you think. Take a more pragmatic stance on the situation of the baby Jesus and don't get caught up into too many ideas that will just either get you frustrated or confused.

Personally i believe Jesus was a good man* who preached good lessons and morals. That is it though for me, there are many like him in the past who tried to be the best and teach people how to act towards one another and i commemorate him for that, but this whole selfish only through heaven is through me stance...now that i cannot believe and i think that he wouldn't really propose such an egotistical notion to the people that trusted him the most unless he was demented. I also believe that a lot that is written about what Jesus did or said might be construed tho the liking of the denomination, sect, or view that one church holds up to.

go with your gut feeling my friend.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I believe Jesus existed, but I think people manipulated his words and misconstrued his life and now people have no idea who he really was, especially the "Christian's" that claim to preach his word...Ya right.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I don't know how much research you've done already, but here are two links that you might find interesting if you've missed them:

www.jesusneverexisted.com...
www.kingdavid8.com...

The second link discusses the first one.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   
While I am a christian, I am also not blind to the fact there are different opinions and beliefs out there. I for one, because of going through different situations, am not a person that goes on what other people say, I have to research for myself and find the facts. While I have been a Christian for some time now, it wasnt until recently that I actually realized that I had been saved because of what I was told growing up. When I actually started reading the Bible and getting to know God for myself I realized that he was indeed REAL. That was the key for me. When you know that and continue studying everything else will fall into place. Mankind was damned, Jesus had to come for us to have a chance to be reconciled to God again.
Of Course, if your one for material proof and dont want to rely solely on the Bible, there have been studies that show how everything the Bible says lines up with history.
Also it would help alot of beginning believers and non-believers if the Vatican would open all its librabries to the public. Seriously, If one was on earth performing all the miracles that Jesus did and many at that time were able to read and write, there has to be other records that exist of people that saw these things. Some are in the "Lost Books" or books that weren't included in the cannonization, but many aren't.
Personally, if you search for truth you will find it.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
searching for something that never existed is a long road to walk.
jesus only lives in books , and was ment as a mythical beeing in the old day`s.
no real person, only glorified scriptures.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Well, everyone can have their opinions now, but in the end we'll all see if he's real or not. So if nothing else, just wait and see.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
If ever such a man as that which is named Jesus of the Bible did exist, I would happily be one of his biggest fans for reasons being that it describes a person of humble and good character.

Unfortunately, this man of great character and great miracles does not have a single particle of evidence of his existence. Not anything made by his own hand or anything he may have written. Not anything written by anyone having actually witnessed him in person. We do have some poorly created works of forgery, to which only silly folks still argue, but even Christian scholars admit they are forgeries.

SO with those facts known about Jesus, it would now only take an uneducated superstitious naive person to claim with complete certainly that he exists. When one finally adds to this equation the fact that NOTHING of Jesus is ORIGINAL or UNIQUE in ANY WAY WHATSOEVER, and that his character is obviously a copy of many many sun gods before him, it now takes an individual with an extreme mental disorder to still beleive such a character exists. Think about it, it would be honestly easier to believe in the tooth fairy having understood the ancient myths and fables. Seriously, many folks refuse to do any studying of their faith and believe in this foolishness like a child believing in Santa Claus. It really is sad.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by telfyr

That sounded pretty Neo-paganistic. I support the idea, the esoteric shows that he had some sort of affinity with the sun, but it also shows that he lived and was taught in some of the esoteric schools at the time.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by SunIsSon

ill pray to you from now on ok?
oh wait, that was only some text.
just saying i could becos i like youre writings there.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by telfyr

You do not need to pray for me (which is honestly just talking to yourself in all reality). Sorry, but I have done my research and know what I believe 100% despite the christian belief that I am doomed to hell for eternity. With that in mind, it actually takes MORE FAITH TO NOT BELIEVE. I've done my study and research, I am NOT going to your doomed Hell.

And if there is a God, I doubt he/she rewards those that have blind faith and do not QUESTION EVERYTHING. We were given an advanced brain NOT to be ignorant. My post above is FACT, and anyone whom still believes in this nonsense is either 1) too lazy to research. 2) in denial or mentally incapable of any common sense. or 3) ONLY believing for ONE THING ONLY - their alleged FREE TICKET TO HEAVEN for eternity which is earned for just being IGNORANT. Extreme SILLINESS folks!

[edit on 10-4-2010 by SunIsSon]

[edit on 10-4-2010 by SunIsSon]

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by SunIsSon

thats exactly what i was talking about.
humm
i think you could be a god for some people on ats ,
you`ve got me, that`s for sure

[edit on 10-4-2010 by telfyr]

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by telfyr

I used to have a very thick skull also. You need to study your faiths origins, or remain ignorant.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Did Jesus exist?

Oh yes, and not only that. He still exists. Physically? Yes. In the heart of every believer? Yes. Was He who He claimed to be? Absolutely.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Patriot
Did Jesus exist?

Oh yes, and not only that. He still exists. Physically? Yes. In the heart of every believer? Yes. Was He who He claimed to be? Absolutely.

okay, tell me why?
and bring some evidence.
i am open for a educated explanation about jesus.

can any of you give us that?

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
As a former atheist who told his own mom to sacrifice chickens to the space monkey... I can say that Yeshua is real....

I was a soldier by trade and have done many questionable things....

until the day Jesus showed up... His Name is Yeshua btw....

He showed me He would carry me..... Me a confirmed atheist... But a Jew.... And i responded by calling Him all the four letter words under the sun.. He however just loved me.. That was his answer to my crap...

My crap was mine.. But He took it away.... And loved me....

I dont want kudos from the world anymore.....

Neither did He... He just wanted to prove His love for you... Accept or reject is all you.....

[edit on 10-4-2010 by Yissachar1]

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Clear your mind, if only for a second. While you have that single second of clarity, ask, Jesus, who are you? Then try formulating a picture of what he may have looked like in your minds eye. Mybe he is something other then what we think. Mybe he is the god of this period of evolution. Mybe we have a different god for each time cycle. Mybe when you evolve into another dimension you become a god of a different time period. Mybe Jesus evolves out of the past time period into being the god of the next.

Do us seekers evolve into our own paradigm, and become the god of our own world, and time cycle? That may be what the 4th density is.

[edit on 10-4-2010 by onequestion]

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Sorry, but I'm not here to give any evidence of His existence. That is something everyone must find for themselves.

Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.

[edit on 10-4-2010 by The Patriot]

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
For the ones that have posted they don't believe that Jesus even existed, can you tell me what evidence you have?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join