It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WIKI DECEPTION: Iraq video last week edited. Uncut video released.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Article:

This video contains footage NOT SEEN in wikileaks 17 minute version. IF YOU WANT CONTEXT WATCH THIS ONE. The video released by Wiki Leaks is EXTREMELY misleading, and propagating it as “murder” is borderline criminal. Their 17 minute version edited out any mention of hostile gunfire on the part of insurgents for the purpose of defaming U.S. Defence Forces. WikiLeak head Julian Assange has since reluctantly admitted to AK-47 and RPGs being present. To their credit, they did release a full 39 minute version, but for “research” purposes only. Their edited version tells a very different story.

Source: www.liveleak.com...

Well, I figured since the military wasn't seeming to be upset over the release of the video last week. Here is why. IT DIDN'T HAPPEN THAT WAY. Watch this video and tell me if you think the "original" wasn't doctored. Always can count on LiveLeak.com to get the videos.

Time to search for the truth, if we don't-who will....

edit to fix title

[edit on 4/10/2010 by anon72]

[edit on 4/10/2010 by anon72]

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 05:39 AM
link   
I must not have the right plug-in cuz
I cant see the video posted

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Explanation: I cannot identify who wrote the liveleak article or when it was written and several claims are made with no corroberating evidence at all!

I also note that the 40min youtube video was available to the public at large and ALSO the ATS members as of this 5 day old ATS thread here...

Wikileaks Video Released!!

Personal Disclosure:

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 05:40 AM
link   
The people at wikileaks CANNOT be that stupid. Is this what obama meant by destroying conspiracies? By discrediting all the most popular conspiracy sites/whistle blowers? What do you guys think of camelot? Every place can be infiltrated though. But this whole things smells of a setup... I wonder how much cash wikileaks made for "taking the fall"? I also often wonder if the gov plays a part in discrediting other famous theorists by maybe leading them down a wrong trail or planting evidence that is fake in order to make the "discoverer" of it seem to be crazy or faking it. Anyway, I`ll say it again, there`s NO WAY wikileaks could be that stupid to think the full video would never be released...l

ps... aha thanks for clarification, omegalogos. now if i had waited a tad bit longer, i would have read your post...so thanks again on behalf of my ignorance.

[edit on 4.10.10 by doctor j and inmate c5779]

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 05:50 AM
link   
yeah seriously I don't understand why people actually believe the edited version... " oh they are just cameras they were all innocent".

Yeah riiiiiight, a bunch of guys with what looks like weapons in there hands (doesn't look like they are taking any pictures at all) crouching behind a corner, and also what obviously looks like an RPG in his hand, because I never knew of a tripod with a pistol grip on it? maybe there is some model I am missing?

Ok so maybe there were guys with cameras, but you do realize thats what insurgents do... They film insurgents attacking coalition forces.

Also you can not tell me without weapons or anything, that group of people looks sketchy as hell, grouping up... then splitting up again, basically probably watching and waiting for the Army element to roll through, generally not something you would want to do in a hot zone.

Come on people use your brain

+14 more 
posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Mhm, okay.
There is one man carrying an AK47, that was mentioned in the first edition (posted by Wikileaks), and one that seems to carry a RPG...
Those two persons, yes.
Not the others.

The helicopter crew fired and killed indiscriminately everyone on site.

Then they fired at the unarmed people who had come to pick up the wounded, killing two children who could be easily spotted sitting in the front seat of the van.

Battle can be confusing and stressful, yes. But judging from the voices of the helicopter crew, they were stone cold.
They were only in it for the killing.

This new vid don't "reveal" nothing new.
The US ground forces could have been redirected and set to eliminate the threat from behind, using marksmanship.
But I guess that only goes for troops with some sort of "feel" for their mission...

Better just light 'em all up, and let some sort of quasi-god sort them out...right?

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Ok but even if the first kills were justified, When the men pulled up in the van to simply help, They was MURDERED in my eyes.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by CodenameDoeB
Ok but even if the first kills were justified, When the men pulled up in the van to simply help, They was MURDERED in my eyes.

honestly why would a guy with children in his car be so fast to rush into the scene of the battle, with it still possible going on and putting his children in danger from stray bullets, unexploded ordinances, whatever it may be. They do after all have people in Iraq to take care of this job, but it seems like he was in a hurry to help his buddies or clean up evidence.

After all you are not a judge, and you just coming to the conclusion of it being murder without knowing all the facts, ignorance? Or perhaps jumping on the party train of all Americans are evil.

You also do realize that terrorists have children as well, and probably use them to make them look less hostile. Or simply just the good samaritan taking his children into the battlefield to assist the wounded. Either way the man in the van screwed up bad, there is no denying that.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 06:26 AM
link   
They did seem to be carrying weapons, they were crouching and looking suspicious. In that situation, a decision had to be made, them or us. I agree with the call.

As for shooting at the van, idk. I understand how there could have been backup with weapons in there, but they didn't seem to be hostile. The call was made from higher up the ladder tho. Permission was given to fire and imo I think it was too early to call, seeing as the van was not hostile.

my two cents

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 06:30 AM
link   
I would say in this version of the incident both of the Apaches are mixed in to one clip. Wikileaks version is from just one Apache and you can hear the other Apaches over the radio.

With all this editing going on who knows whats true or false anymore?

I know this incident has created two camps. The once who support this action and the once who takes a distance from it. To me there is no doubt that this version is edited. Because you have the camera view from both the Apaches involved in this engagement in one clip, as a single engagement.

I guess when people feel really righteous about their opinions they create/edit things like this. To make it seam to the other camp that they are wrong and misled.

EDIT to add. I wouldn't trust Liveleak for once second in this case. Liveleak is full of warmongering teens. Who just love this type of action.

[edit on 27.06.08 by spy66]

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 07:00 AM
link   
We need overall context!

It would be interesting to see the responses from posters if this were an Iraqi gunship firing on armed American 'patriots' in a residential area of New York in broad daylight.

I am sure we would see the words, 'Nazis', 'murderers', 'scum', regime', 'holocaust' etc being mentioned quite frequently.

The fact of the matter is plain to see. Noam Chomsky commented in a speech that, 'either Americans are so fanatically racist' or 'the people are so indoctrinated' that this kind of thing goes on without the publics' knowledge, or even make excuses for it's being.

The great Roman philosopher and senator, Cicero, immortalized armed self-defense as an "inalienable right" more than 2,000 years before the U.S. Constitution did so. Cicero said: There exists a law, not written down anywhere but inborn in our hearts; a law which comes to us not by training or custom or reading but by derivation and absorption and adoption from nature itself; a law which has come to us not from theory but from practice, not by instruction but by natural intuition. I refer to the law which lays it down that, if our lives are endangered by plots or violence or armed robbers or enemies, any and every method of protecting ourselves is morally right'.
Source
Of course, this only applies for Amercians it seems. This is the 'discrimination' Chomsky speaks of!

Take out the uneccesary and deluded violence and then we can talk.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 07:08 AM
link   
I have watched the 40 min video over and over....

From what I gather and this is purely my opinion ... Although it clearly says that they are fired upon.... there is no sound of insurgent fire. Clearly the military had a better view of what was going on at ground level... It is unfortunate innocents may have been killed however one must remember that war isnt pleasant.

It was a case of trigger happy overkill clearly they had men on the ground and the helicopter was under no risk... If the people on the ground had weapons i would assume that they would have got more back up and took some pot shots.

We live in troubled times that much is true and when these soldiers lie on there death beds they will recall there actions. May there souls find peace.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by IanC99000310

From what I gather and this is purely my opinion ... Although it clearly says that they are fired upon.... there is no sound of insurgent fire. Clearly the military had a better view of what was going on at ground level... It is unfortunate innocents may have been killed however one must remember that war isnt pleasant.

It was a case of trigger happy overkill clearly they had men on the ground and the helicopter was under no risk... If the people on the ground had weapons i would assume that they would have got more back up and took some pot shots.

We live in troubled times that much is true and when these soldiers lie on there death beds they will recall there actions. May there souls find peace.

The thing is at 885m++ from the crowd. The two pilots see exactly what we see. They to have to view the target from the same targeting camera as we see in the video. There is now way at that range they can ID weapons or a aggressive behavior by looking out of their canopy. They would hardly even see the crowd by looking out from their canopy.

EDIT to add. It is much easier for the crowd to spot the Helli's at 885m than it would be for the Helli pilots to visually spot the crowd on the ground from 885m

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   
I think the biggest problem-for those who think the worst of this issue, is that they have a hated or mistrust of the Army/Military in Iraq. So when something like an edited hit piece comes out, it is easy for them to think it did happen as presented.

It just seemed fishy to begin with-the leaked video.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raud
Then they fired at the unarmed people who had come to pick up the wounded, killing two children who could be easily spotted sitting in the front seat of the van.

Just to clarify things, the two children were not killed - they were injured - however they were supposed to be sent to get care at a nearby US military base, but instead were not allowed to be and they were sent to a nearby Iraqi [hospital] facility where more than likely they were given not as good of care as they could have been given by the US, and the US are the ones who injured them in the first place.

And to the OP, I know it's been said, but seriously, did you not even read the original thread about the wikileaks video being released? Or even watch the original video, or even check out the site itself? They released both versions simultaneously - the shorter version was released so people could get an idea of what the video was, and they said if you wished to see the full footage to watch the longer video... I don't see how you could have missed that if you did any of the above. Obviously you just found an article and ran with it without checking your facts

The video is disturbing, I don't care who the people were. Yes there was an AK-47 in the video (at least one) but the rest of the stuff shown was pretty clear to me and many others to look like camera equipment. And if we can see that from a crappy video, then imagine what the troops in the heli saw with their own eyes. I'm sure they knew what was going on, they just had their fingers on the trigger and wanted some action - you can tell by the way they talk, which is like they're 2 kids playing Call of Duty on Xbox or something... pretty ridiculous, not to mention they laugh while they kill these people... yeah real funny //sarcasm// killing people is awesome!!!

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by spy66

Originally posted by IanC99000310

The thing is at 885m++ from the crowd. The two pilots see exactly what we see. They to have to view the target from the same targeting camera as we see in the video. There is now way at that range they can ID weapons or a aggressive behavior by looking out of their canopy. They would hardly even see the crowd by looking out from their canopy.

EDIT to add. It is much easier for the crowd to spot the Helli's at 885m than it would be for the Helli pilots to visually spot the crowd on the ground from 885m

Look I was one of the first to believe the Wikileaks video. Now that it's been stated, I continue to believe that the pilots acted bad. First off I think your wrong. The quality of the videos the pilots see on their screen is better than ours. The one we see has been converted to a different format and therefor its quality is worse. Someone who knows or has been a pilot tell me if I'm wrong. Second, pilots undergo hundreds of hours of training. A better comment would have been "we do not see what they see." And when a human life is at stake, they should be damn sure they are right before they pull the trigger. But we all know thats not what happens all the time. Atrocities happen on a daily basis over there, we just don't hear about them. And the insurgents/terrorists are no exception.

Let me ask this, would it not have been more prudent to have the ground troops slowly move in and if they had started to get shot at then have the heli shoot? Maybe even get some intel in the process?

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
These are not kids in choppers they are warrent officers with many years in service and enormous amount of training. How should they sound? An RPG could come their way any second. What if the chopper got hit? I guess everyone would be happy except you wouldn't be seeing this vid.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
We have men gathering with AK-47, yes. We have a man with an RPG, yes. Not a camera. A couple of men standing guard while the rest hatch the plan. The man points the RPG at the chopper, yes. The men disperse and enter buildings, I wonder what is inside waiting for the troops to arrive? Also the troops were fired upon a few minutes before from that same area. What would you do..... Sorry we had the better weapons.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by tempesillest

honestly why would a guy with children in his car be so fast to rush into the scene of the battle, with it still possible going on and putting his children in danger from stray bullets, unexploded ordinances, whatever it may be. They do after all have people in Iraq to take care of this job, but it seems like he was in a hurry to help his buddies or clean up evidence.

Seeing as how none of them even saw the chopper, he probably thought he was somewhat safe. Who knows. You do not know any more than the people you are chastising. Please demonstrate some blatant hypocrisy for me.

After all you are not a judge, and you just coming to the conclusion of it being murder without knowing all the facts, ignorance? Or perhaps jumping on the party train of all Americans are evil.

Thank you. You are a judge? You have all the facts? What is so different about your eagerness to defend what happened? You are judging based on lack of evidence just like you have a problem with others doing, aren't you.

You also do realize that terrorists have children as well, and probably use them to make them look less hostile. Or simply just the good samaritan taking his children into the battlefield to assist the wounded. Either way the man in the van screwed up bad, there is no denying that.

Yes, obviously he screwed up driving a van down a street in his own country and stopping to help wounded people. Obviously that is just plain wrong. Invading forces are all good. Got it.

[edit on 10-4-2010 by K J Gunderson]

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I would not drive with my children into an area where shots are being fired. Also seems the rest of the population weren't out and about looking for the picknic!

[edit on 2-9-2010 by SPYvsSPY]

[edit on 2-9-2010 by SPYvsSPY]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join