It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WIKI DECEPTION: Iraq video last week edited. Uncut video released.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by SPYvsSPY
reply to post by K J Gunderson

Seems your on a rant and the VFA hall is not my style. Walk in one and speak like that young man and an old soldier might hand your ass to you and send you on your way. Maybe not...just make you pee your pants and laugh. Watch the vid again.

No rant here. You need to try and make a cogent argument, assumptions are getting you nowhere. Not a young man at all here and been hanging out in those places since I was a little kid. It does not take an expert to tell you that you will almost always find a few old vets that are still fighting the krauts and the gooks over bottles of cheap whiskey. I never said those places are full of old drunks or that they are all old drunks but that is the best place to find an old drunk just ranting about how dumb hadji got blowed up cuz his van was the wrong color and he deservedededed it! That is all your last post read like so if that is all you have - ignorant rambling - take it somewhere it might be appreciated.

[edit on 10-4-2010 by K J Gunderson]

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by svpwizard
reply to post by Raud

I would consider myself EXTREMELY critical of our military's BUT if you are in the vicinity of a group of individuals as in talking and walking with them you deserve every stray bullet.

Just like hanging with a bad crowd, you are guilty by association, now if you happen to be passing by and were obviously on your way the HECK out of trouble I would completely agree they need to know what they were shooting at, but come on press or not they were IN a crowd and obviously indistinguishable from the others. they don't say "all fair in love and war" for nothing.

Flame out

Being in a crowd is a war crime punishable by death? I guess I missed that somewhere in the ROE.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
It was a good shoot in my opinion.
Bad sh*t happens in war. The reporters chose the wrong people to be around.
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
You have to understand wikileaks.

They were under attack by USA and had to defend. So they claimed they had video of blatant murder. Then they edit it to make the effect bigger and voila.

Its only human what they did, and it is still ducking murder so don't try to pull of this little trick!

crazy people, trying to justify war. Wikileaks did a great job imo.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by IanC99000310

It was a case of trigger happy overkill clearly they had men on the ground and the helicopter was under no risk... If the people on the ground had weapons i would assume that they would have got more back up and took some pot shots.

The Gunship is there to provide fire support....... it doesn't have to be "threatened" to take out targets deemed a threat to advancing troops.
It was called in there precisely because a fire team on the ground was taking fire and requested backup.

If you hang around people with AK's and RPG's, expect bad things to follow.

[edit on 10-4-2010 by pavil]

[edit on 10-4-2010 by pavil]

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   

We have men gathering with AK-47, yes. We have a man with an RPG, yes. Not a camera. A couple of men standing guard while the rest hatch the plan. The man points the RPG at the chopper, yes. The men disperse and enter buildings, I wonder what is inside waiting for the troops to arrive? Also the troops were fired upon a few minutes before from that same area. What would you do..... Sorry we had the better weapons.

Had you taken even a moment to check your facts you'd know that the 'rpg pointing to the chopper' was infact a camera. The picture he took has been released and it was a shot down the street at a hummer, not pointed at the chopper. Also I have yet to see any indication of an rpg in the area. You can edit out all the gifs in the world but it's still just a tripod.

[edit on 10/4/2010 by PsykoOps]

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   

The government-run Erawan Medical Center said early Sunday that at least 15 people had been killed and 678 wounded. It said four of the dead were soldiers and the rest were civilians.

Among the dead was a Japanese cameraman, Hiro Muramoto, 43, who worked for the Thomson Reuters news agency and died of a gunshot wound to the chest.

nytimes

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by K J Gunderson

reply to post by K J Gunderson

Seems your on a rant and the VFA hall is not my style. Walk in one and speak like that young man and an old soldier might hand your ass to you and send you on your way. Maybe not...just make you pee your pants and laugh. Watch the vid again.

No rant here. You need to try and make a cogent argument, assumptions are getting you nowhere. Not a young man at all here and been hanging out in those places since I was a little kid. It does not take an expert to tell you that you will almost always find a few old vets that are still fighting the krauts and the gooks over bottles of cheap whiskey. I never said those places are full of old drunks or that they are all old drunks but that is the best place to find an old drunk just ranting about how dumb hadji got blowed up cuz his van was the wrong color and he deservedededed it! That is all your last post read like so if that is all you have - ignorant rambling - take it somewhere it might be appreciated.

[edit on 10-4-2010 by K J Gunderson]
I read one of your threads and you stated you maybe somwhat young. And now you stated you been hanging at the VFW hall since you were a kid. Why to go down and hang out with the old drunks. Your last post sounded like ignorant rambling to me. Don't assume I am elderly or a drunk. I like to converse not argue as you state. You sure are fun to talk too.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps

Had you taken even a moment to check your facts you'd know that the 'rpg' pointing to the chopper was infact a camera.

A seasoned military journalist/cameraman I would think, would know MUCH better than to point his camera at a copter, especially if the copter doesn't know a cameraman is in the area. It's just not a very smart thing to do. Especially, if it was a camera with long range lens.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Even one reason why not? Should they just not point their camera at anything that might shoot them? A seasoned photographer in a 'hot zone' would know to keep a low profile and use good telelenses and he did everything like a pro would.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   

We have men gathering with AK-47, yes. We have a man with an RPG, yes. Not a camera. A couple of men standing guard while the rest hatch the plan. The man points the RPG at the chopper, yes. The men disperse and enter buildings, I wonder what is inside waiting for the troops to arrive? Also the troops were fired upon a few minutes before from that same area. What would you do..... Sorry we had the better weapons.

Had you taken even a moment to check your facts you'd know that the 'rpg' pointing to the chopper was infact a camera. The picture he took has been released and it was a shot down the street at a hummer, not pointed at the chopper. Also I have yet to see any indication of an rpg in the area. You can edit out all the gifs in the world but it's still just a tripod.
So the camera was pointed at the chopper, but the picture released was shot of a hummer down the street. The camera was not pointed at the chopper. Makes perfect since.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Sorry typo, fixed. Thanks for point it out.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by K J Gunderson

Originally posted by svpwizard
reply to post by Raud

I would consider myself EXTREMELY critical of our military's BUT if you are in the vicinity of a group of individuals as in talking and walking with them you deserve every stray bullet.

Just like hanging with a bad crowd, you are guilty by association, now if you happen to be passing by and were obviously on your way the HECK out of trouble I would completely agree they need to know what they were shooting at, but come on press or not they were IN a crowd and obviously indistinguishable from the others. they don't say "all fair in love and war" for nothing.

Flame out

Being in a crowd is a war crime punishable by death? I guess I missed that somewhere in the ROE.
The Iraqi suicide bombers seem to think along these lines, killing a hundred at a time in a crowd while the citizens are praying.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   
What i would like to know is how wiki-leaks was able to break military grade data encryption.

According to a study done for processor.com magazine: By utilizing a brute force attack it would take a 10 Million dollar Machine 30 billion years to crack a 128 bit encryption. Publicly available encryptions are purposely set up so they can be cracked by the FBI,CIA and NSA.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Even one reason why not? Should they just not point their camera at anything that might shoot them? A seasoned photographer in a 'hot zone' would know to keep a low profile and use good telelenses and he did everything like a pro would.
You answered your own questions. If that was a camera with along lens pointing around a corner at a chopper that might shoot you, don't. If i were him my low profile would have been somewhere far from the fire fight and use the lens as not to be shot. You have to be aware of your situation wether a pro or not. You also stated the RPG was a tripod, the fighters are not going to say "cut" or "action" why would you carry something that in that situation looks remarkably like a grenade launcher. Several bad choices.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Yeah this is misinformation and even predicted by Wikileaks. The military didn't respond because they were planning a retaliation of their own.

This is all to discredit Wikileaks and weaken their support base.

It's a typical response in an effort to discredit your opponents and the ones who believe and follow them.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   

I read one of your threads and you stated you maybe somwhat young.

Really? What were my exact word or do you just say anything you want and hope that people who disagree with me will just believe you? Maybe I remember you saying you had a mental condition in one of your threads. See how that works?

And now you stated you been hanging at the VFW hall since you were a kid. Why to go down and hang out with the old drunks.

Hmmmm....well when I was 5 do you think it was because I was begging my aunt to take me down there to watch her flirt and drink or because I had nowhere else to go so she took me along? How about when my uncles or my stepdad went down there for their gatherings and the family went? I guess that was my fault but you know how bossy and demanding children can be.

Your last post sounded like ignorant rambling to me. Don't assume I am elderly or a drunk. I like to converse not argue as you state. You sure are fun to talk too.

I never said you were either young/old or drunk/sober. I said that was a good audience for you.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   

The Iraqi suicide bombers seem to think along these lines, killing a hundred at a time in a crowd while the citizens are praying.

I do not get your point. I thought that was one of the things that made them such despicable enemy pigs. Now you think it is an excuse to just become them? Why bother fighting something if we are just doing the same thing we are fighting? Nice logic.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   
The bigger question is why was it covered up to begin with? Why did the CIA target wikileaks?

It was spoken that the video was going to be released before, yet the people in charge kept stalling.

They sounded the alarm when they knew the video was leaked, they tried to hunt the people of wikileaks down, the video must be something to harshly interrogate someone with. No question about it.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

One guy peaked around the corner with an RPG as though he saw the chopper. I don't care what anyone claims if you were there in the Chopper and saw a group of people, one with an RPG, you'd ask for permission to engage to. You're not going to wait it out and let the guy get a shot on you.

Once the war is started there will be casualties and some of them will be innocent (especially when they're standing next to RPG wielding hostiles).

The only thing I could see that these guys did wrong was open fire on the van instead of letting them get their wounded but other than that and their disturbing emotional detachment (then again if they didn't detach themselves from it they would likely go mad) I don't see what all the uproar is about.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join