It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Fighter Jets Chase UFO Over M5 Motorway in UK

page: 5
25
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
You don't need to be no expert to see this is very very bad fake clip.




posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by adsyuk

Originally posted by FlySolo

Originally posted by nunoyobiz
wow.. what a big but i mean BIG fake.. all you hear are loops of the "jets" goin around and the jets arrent even moving.. the ufo is also still the whole time.. and what gives away the fake-ness? the zooming in and out.. and also the camera movement.. its too controlled.. a person wouldnt move the camera like that..


Can You Prove This?? To Be Fake.

I Never Heard No Jets.

Does Everyone Use A Camera The Same Way??

The "looping" sound you hear my friend is the doppler effect of the CARS on the freeway. The jets don't seem to move because there is no reference point other than sky. BTW, when watching planes from far away give the appearance of moving very slowly. But you knew that right?


I just had to sign up to reply to this an the other comments on this video.

Don't get me wrong, im waiting for real UFO evidence like the next person on here - but this is just a fake.

1. The looping sound. For a start, motorway service stations in the UK are actually quite a bit placed away from the motorway itself (I know, I spend a lot of time in them unfortunatly). The sound of cars going past is far too loud. It should be also noted that the looping sound erratically cuts in half a second or so into the video.

No They Are Not I'm From Uk And Sevrice Stations Are Next To The Motorways So Your Lying There!

2. While a lot of people are saying the lorrys are not CGI because of production costs they are wrong and are clearly exhibiting their lack of knowledge on the subject. Granted, putting something like this together takes time - but creating a scene like this with premade/make-your-own models on a home PC is not difficult for someone who knows what they are doing. Production costs: £0. I am not 100% sure they are CGI - however, their appearance seems to have been modified somewhat possibly by a digital filter.

Can You Prove This??

3. For the split second the number plate is shown on the lorrys it is clear that they are not correct in dimensions or positioning.

Are They Realy??

4. There are odd aliasing issues which is consistent with CGI.

Proof Needed

5. Anyone in the UK knows this is an oddly bright day
.

No Its Not Lies Again!

Case closed, whether you like it or not.

Case Not Closed!






posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I'm honored you signed up just to refute me. Now, I'm not from the UK so I can't speak for how near the truck stops are to the freeway. However, that doesn't prove to me anything other than this particular truck stop is indeed close enough to the free way for the man's camera to pick up the sounds. This alone does not prove a hoax. Toy Tonka trucks explanations, proximity of the truck stop to the freeway, amount of shakiness of the camera does not take away from the UFO. They are all irrelevant and don't amount to anything. Only distractions from the UFO.

As for the production costs, well I admit, I know nothing about CGI. With that said, production costs does not necessarily mean monetary. So, this case is not closed because you said so.



posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by judge360

Originally posted by adsyuk

Originally posted by FlySolo

Originally posted by nunoyobiz
wow.. what a big but i mean BIG fake.. all you hear are loops of the "jets" goin around and the jets arrent even moving.. the ufo is also still the whole time.. and what gives away the fake-ness? the zooming in and out.. and also the camera movement.. its too controlled.. a person wouldnt move the camera like that..


Can You Prove This?? To Be Fake.

I Never Heard No Jets.

Does Everyone Use A Camera The Same Way??

The "looping" sound you hear my friend is the doppler effect of the CARS on the freeway. The jets don't seem to move because there is no reference point other than sky. BTW, when watching planes from far away give the appearance of moving very slowly. But you knew that right?


I just had to sign up to reply to this an the other comments on this video.

Don't get me wrong, im waiting for real UFO evidence like the next person on here - but this is just a fake.

1. The looping sound. For a start, motorway service stations in the UK are actually quite a bit placed away from the motorway itself (I know, I spend a lot of time in them unfortunatly). The sound of cars going past is far too loud. It should be also noted that the looping sound erratically cuts in half a second or so into the video.

No They Are Not I'm From Uk And Sevrice Stations Are Next To The Motorways So Your Lying There!

2. While a lot of people are saying the lorrys are not CGI because of production costs they are wrong and are clearly exhibiting their lack of knowledge on the subject. Granted, putting something like this together takes time - but creating a scene like this with premade/make-your-own models on a home PC is not difficult for someone who knows what they are doing. Production costs: £0. I am not 100% sure they are CGI - however, their appearance seems to have been modified somewhat possibly by a digital filter.

Can You Prove This??

3. For the split second the number plate is shown on the lorrys it is clear that they are not correct in dimensions or positioning.

Are They Realy??

4. There are odd aliasing issues which is consistent with CGI.

Proof Needed

5. Anyone in the UK knows this is an oddly bright day
.

No Its Not Lies Again!

Case closed, whether you like it or not.

Case Not Closed!





1. It still cuts in at 0.5 seconds which you have failed to address. And where is the last service station car park you went where your close ebnough for the doppler affect to be THAT loud???

2. Easy, download 3dsMAX, go on a course or teach yourself and you'll soon find out. These tools are commericially available and things like this are relatively easy to reproduce. Doing a computer science degree, I know quite a few people who are quite apt using software like this.

3. Yes, dimensions are too small for a standard UK numberplate and positioning is too high.

4. No proof needed the aliasing on the lorrys and on the UFO itself is blatently obvious.

5. Yes, it is. Did someone say this was 2 months ago? If that is true (which I havent checked) then dont you remember the weather was awful (news.bbc.co.uk...).



posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
You only get motorway services on a motorway, the sounds you hear are far to near to be coming from a motorway to its service point. Also, any time of day is busy on a British motorway, the sounds you hear are positively light "A" road traffic. It's not often that you get two lorry drivers who don't do MOT and road tax, parked beside one another

Adsyuk is right about the number plate, it is a ridiculous size at a ridiculous height.




[edit on 10-4-2010 by smurfy]



posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
That entire video is CGI. Everything including the trucks.



posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by smurfy
You only get motorway services on a motorway, the sounds you here are far to near to be coming from a motorway to its service point. Also, any time of day is busy on a British motorway, the sounds you here are positively light "A" road traffic. It's not often that you get two lorry drivers who don't do MOT and road tax, parked beside one another

Adsyuk is right about the number plate, it is a ridiculous size at a ridiculous height.

[edit on 10-4-2010 by smurfy]


Ha didnt notice the lack of MOT!!! Brilliant spot.

Whoever still beleives this video is very, very naive.



posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
1. It still cuts in at 0.5 seconds which you have failed to address. And where is the last service station car park you went where your close ebnough for the doppler affect to be THAT loud???

Yes M8 Washington Service Station Both Sides Of Motorway. Where Bout's UK You From?

2. Easy, download 3dsMAX, go on a course or teach yourself and you'll soon find out. These tools are commericially available and things like this are relatively easy to reproduce. Doing a computer science degree, I know quite a few people who are quite apt using software like this. s

Doesnt Prove This Video Is Fake Coz You Know a Few People Can Use Software Does It??

3. Yes, dimensions are too small for a standard UK numberplate and positioning is too high.

Custom Plates? Most Truck Drivers Have Them Or Dont You Look And How Can You Tell This From a Video??

4. No proof needed the aliasing on the lorrys and on the UFO itself is blatently obvious.

Yes Proof IS Needed

5. Yes, it is. Did someone say this was 2 months ago? If that is true (which I havent checked) then dont you remember the weather was awful (news.bbc.co.uk...).

There's No Exact Date And Yes It Has Been Rather Bright Even Over Last Few Months!



posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by judge360
1. It still cuts in at 0.5 seconds which you have failed to address. And where is the last service station car park you went where your close ebnough for the doppler affect to be THAT loud???

Yes M8 Washington Service Station Both Sides Of Motorway. Where Bout's UK You From?

2. Easy, download 3dsMAX, go on a course or teach yourself and you'll soon find out. These tools are commericially available and things like this are relatively easy to reproduce. Doing a computer science degree, I know quite a few people who are quite apt using software like this. s

Doesnt Prove This Video Is Fake Coz You Know a Few People Can Use Software Does It??

3. Yes, dimensions are too small for a standard UK numberplate and positioning is too high.

Custom Plates? Most Truck Drivers Have Them Or Dont You Look And How Can You Tell This From a Video??

4. No proof needed the aliasing on the lorrys and on the UFO itself is blatently obvious.

Yes Proof IS Needed

5. Yes, it is. Did someone say this was 2 months ago? If that is true (which I havent checked) then dont you remember the weather was awful (news.bbc.co.uk...).

There's No Exact Date And Yes It Has Been Rather Bright Even Over Last Few Months!


I suppose you can talk away the lack of road tax/MOT and the obvious use of the camera animation tools in 3ds max to simulate the camera shake then.



posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by smurfy
You only get motorway services on a motorway, the sounds you here are far to near to be coming from a motorway to its service point. Also, any time of day is busy on a British motorway, the sounds you here are positively light "A" road traffic.

[edit on 10-4-2010 by smurfy]


Bollox Total Crap You Obviously Dont Travel UK's Motorways!!!



posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by judge360

Originally posted by smurfy
You only get motorway services on a motorway, the sounds you here are far to near to be coming from a motorway to its service point. Also, any time of day is busy on a British motorway, the sounds you here are positively light "A" road traffic.

[edit on 10-4-2010 by smurfy]


Bollox Total Crap You Obviously Dont Travel UK's Motorways!!!


Your poor attempts at refuting others claims and capitalisation of every word is not helping your case.

The whole scene has been pre-rendered in 3ds max or a similiar application and using the built in camera animation is "viewing" the scene. Anyone who has done this before can see it sticks out like a sore thumb.

I will allow you to beleive this video is real - but I honestly feel sorry for you.



posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by adsyuk
 


You Cant Make Out No. Plate At All So If Its European It Doesnt Have Road Tax As UK As For MOT You Dont Need To Display It!



posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by adsyuk
 


You Cant Make Out No. Plate At All So If Its European It Doesnt Have Road Tax As UK As For MOT You Dont Need To Display It!



posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I could clearly see the following....

1. This UFO never moves.

2. The fighter jets never move.

This is by far the worst faked UFO I have ever seen. The Sun is not a credible source people. They are Weekly World News, end of story.


This is on the front page of this site. This is simply horrible.

[edit on 10-4-2010 by ventian]



posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by judge360
reply to post by adsyuk
 


You Cant Make Out No. Plate At All So If Its European It Doesnt Have Road Tax As UK As For MOT You Dont Need To Display It!


Please address the loop sound cutting in the video.

Also do you know what aliasing is? If you do and cant see it I know a good optician.

I can almost hear half of ATS sighing while The Sun laughs in the background.

[edit on 10-4-2010 by adsyuk]



posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by adsyuk
 


I'm Not Saying Its Real Just Pointing Out That Hearsay And Or Its Fake Coz Trucks Look CGI ETC. Is A Wild Statement!

As Ive Said Before Where Are The CGI/Video Experts On This Forum???

Anyone Can "Quote Its Fake! Coz The Trucks Dont Look Right!

Come On Is ATS A DEBUNK FORUM???

WITHOUT INVESTIGATION???



posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
IMO the whole video is Bullsh. I won't go as far as to say ''the trucks are CGI'' because I think that is exagerating the fake. I think the 'saucer' is fake and possibly the Jets...

What is interesting though is that THE SUN, the dodgiest tabloid in Britain is promoting all these UFO stories. Twenty years ago they were dissing Skoda for being communist cars that none of us should drive cos they are eastern European pieces of crap. Yet Skoda are in fact a reliable, rally winning piece of technology.

Anything THE SUN say, is like water off a ducks back to me and their coverage of the UFO phenomena the last couple of years is usually tongue in cheek bullsh from what I have read.

I would love it if they documented some really interesting cases with critical analysis but they don't. They just seem to be discrediting the UFO phenomenon with bogus vids and sketchy stories from witnesses.

No doubt, in a few weeks they will personally discredit this video. And the original purpose of showing it will be achieved. (If you catch my drift)



posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by judge360
reply to post by adsyuk
 


I'm Not Saying Its Real Just Pointing Out That Hearsay And Or Its Fake Coz Trucks Look CGI ETC. Is A Wild Statement!

As Ive Said Before Where Are The CGI/Video Experts On This Forum???

Anyone Can "Quote Its Fake! Coz The Trucks Dont Look Right!

Come On Is ATS A DEBUNK FORUM???

WITHOUT INVESTIGATION???


An investigation happens only if it is meritted - which it isn't.

This video has so many flaws it is a joke. I can barely beleive it was published in The Sun even.

I wish I could get hold of this guys 3ds max file to show you how it was made.



posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by judge360
It seems to me That "Any" Photo, Video, Personal Testimony, Etc Is Classed As Fake Here On ATS.

And i Mean Every Case!

Although No One Actually Takes The Time To Do A Proper Investigation into the Videos, Photos etc.

Where Are All the Experts In Photography And CGI/Video???

Where Are All The Field Investigators???

Seems To Me That Every Bit Of Evidence Is Debunked As Fake. Before Any Expert Investigation Here @ ATS.

Some Expert Analysis Wouldnt Go Amiss To Seperate Fact From Fiction Instead Of Wild Accusations.



Holy hell, dude, do you have functioning eyes attached to a functioning brain? No offense intended. This video isn't even CLOSE to being realistic-looking. As I and many other posters mentioned, look at how clean the trucks are. That alone is a dead giveaway, forget the UFO, forget the planes.

By the way, I've used Photoshop professionally since version 1.0. I've done CGI, and animation, although not to great extent. Mostly static 3D modeling, but I can assure you - this is FAKE FAKE FAKETY FAKE.

I'll add this. I think this might be a student CGI project to demonstrate camera technique. It seems as though the camera motion, focus, etc. is the part of the animation on which most attention has been paid. The trucks are nicely modeled (except for the canvas cover), but not textured or weathered at all. The planes are never really in focus. The UFO could be modeled in 5 minutes by a novice. I'm thinking they slipped it to the Sun for sheets & geegles to see how far it would go.

Now will one of the Mods please move this thread to the HOAX section?

[edit on 10-4-2010 by AwakeinNM bad typing grr]

[edit on 10-4-2010 by AwakeinNM]



posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by m0r1arty
I once asked Nick Pop how he met his wife and he replied "This is one of the best UFO videos yet, I'd have to say that this is either a new top secret aircraft of a genuine UFO".

-m0r


Haha, what a way to autoreply!

That's funny!



new topics

top topics



 
25
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

log in

join