It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans! Are you ever going to revolt?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by gandhi
It will be a world wide revolution,

That's exactly right
tyranny and corruption are in all
governments and is perpetuated
by greed for money.

When gov stops caring for the people
and are more worried about their
stocks and bonds, then it lends
to reconstruction by other means.

link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

violence is not necessary. all we need to do is collectively stop being a prisoner to, and feeding, the system that is controlling us. and focus on creating our own systems that better serve "us".

do your part today. right now. it requires no gun. remove your kids and/ or yourself from the education system. who really says that college is necessary? stop buying from and working for big corporations. can you replace your pepsi or big mac with something local? pay off your debt and stop being a slave and taking loan after loan from big banks. stop listening to the media. and stop feeding the military machine.. thinking that any kind of violence is okay and justified. if we all came together and did these kinds of things today "they" would lose all of their power instantly.. without a single gun being fired.

link   

The only way to make the government crumble is to stop feeding them, but you'd have to get everyone on board and that aint gonna happen.

If our government ever really tried to take away our guns like your government did, then that is when there would truly be a violent Revolution.

I'm all for getting our country back to where it used to be, and if we could do it without any bloodshed right now, then I'm all for it. But like I said earlier, it's not time for bloodshed, not yet.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   

reply to post by MIMRblazin

Those who trade freedom for security are ignorant and deserve neither.

Not sure who said that, but just because everything is safe, doesn't mean its free.

It was Benjamin Franklin that said that

I'm not saying let's trade our freedoms. I think we deserve MORE freedoms. (I can buy a 12 pack of beer at the gas station then get in my car, but you'll get a gun pointed at your head for having some cannabis)

But i'm alive and well, and perfectly healthy, and I just get confused when people start yelling "REVOLUTION!!!" when we can go buy a freaking hamburger whenever we're hungry. (and I know you can, fatty)

Go ahead, take to the streets, stop paying taxes, RIDE AROUND ON HORSES, whatever. I'm just respectfully saying you will be wasting your time, and most of you would miss your Burger King before a week of 'revolution' was over.

[edit on 7-4-2010 by MIMRblazin]

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by MIMRblazin
I've never gone hungry.
I've had a roof over my head my whole life.
I've had a steady, good paying job since I was 21.
I've never been assaulted or attacked in the street/public.

I have gone hungry
My house has been repossessed, so my roof is gone
I have been out of work due to economy for 3 yrs
I have been assaulted in public, 8 stitches under my left eye
and 10 stitches in my arm from brass knuckles and a knife.

So I can say you have lived a very sheltered life
and is not typical of the norm. u r living in a dream
world Neo !!!

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

No, I live in America. I'm not a die-hard patriot by any means, but I know when I have it rough and when I don't.

I highly doubt anyone on here is living under the circumstances you just pointed out. What makes me think this? Well, you wouldn't be on the freaking internet, for one.

Just seems like we're being a little over-dramatic, that's all.

Anyway, I hope everyone enjoys their full meals with their loved ones in their houses. Be sure to get enough to eat for supper and a good night's sleep in your warm bed because soon...REVOLUTION!

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
My favorite Founding Father had this to say about the current situation of America:

If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced Patriots to prevent its ruin.
--Samuel Adams

Indeed, vain and aspiring men and women possess the highest seats in our Government. I don't necessarily see a Revolution coming, but something far more dire--Civil War. This time it won't be between States, only time will tell how it will play out and when.

[edit on 7-4-2010 by The Patriot]

[edit on 7-4-2010 by The Patriot]

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Maybe after we see who wins American idol this year... oh wait maybe after the stuper bowl...

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by The Patriot

I hope you're wrong.

And I really hope you don't hope you're right (about civil war)

Because that's just stupid.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I doubt that there will be a revolution. There is simply not enough need, or caring amongst the population for one. Most people would rather talk about one, or even vent their hate out, but they have too much to lose and are too scared to risk it just for attempting to revolt against the government. For one, nobody knows how many people will actually revolt. By the looks of it, not many at all. So you will be stuck with a small force of people. Hell, a guy flew his plane into the IRS and a guy attempted to shoot up the Pentagon. If this did not get the militia groups and everyone else out in full force, then I doubt anything will. Hell, the people in militias are being arrested and they sit by and do nothing. It's all a lot of talk, and very little action.

Now, if that wasn't a dismal enough view, then think of the strategy. What sort of weaponry and tactics do the people really have? Not much when compared to the government. Think about the weapons/tactics/tools of the government and compare them to the average citizen. This is not an even playing field where everyone has muskets and the same tools. We are way out of our league in those terms. Then compare the morale, supplies, etc., that will be necessary to keep the revolution running to those of the government. We have nothing to work with. If we attack things that matter to the government, then we end up damaging/killing the civilian population as well. And just try keeping CIA plants out of your budding group. It'll be dead before it takes off.

Now assuming a revolution works out and you win, what of the new government? You will have to keep law and order from a very bad off population. You won't magically turn into a utopian paradise after you win. Then you have to try to get a lot of people who disagree on a lot of things to work together. This is hard enough today, can you imagine what it would be like in a place where everyone is armed and full of revolutionary fervor?

And all of this is the tip of the iceberg. Since no group has the capabilities, nor the leaders, etc., to think about all of this or put it into action, there will be no revolution.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by MIMRblazin

No, I live in America. I'm not a die-hard patriot by any means, but I know when I have it rough and when I don't.

I highly doubt anyone on here is living under the circumstances you just pointed out. What makes me think this? Well, you wouldn't be on the freaking internet, for one.

Just seems like we're being a little over-dramatic, that's all.

I do live in America and yes I DO live
under those circumstances.
And I only have access to the internet
due to my distant family allowing me here.
Maybe you don't have it rough, but there
are millions of others who do have it rough.
You would see it if u would actually leave ur bubble
and venture out. House after house of for sale signs,
people living in tent cities like in Los Angeles,
millions standing in line at food banks and the
good will, but u can't see this from ur ivory tower.
And I behest you not to call me a liar when I
have seen it with my own eyes. But u won't see
that kind of stuff on the MSM. That doesn't mean
it doesn't exist. Wake up Neo !!! It's time for
the red pill to see how far the rabbit hole goes.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
No revolution in America. The idiot box has brainwashed people into STILL believing that voting for the "other" party will miraculously turn things around, when historically, it just isn't so.

People voted for "change" in '08. Look what they got.

Now they talk of pushing the house and senate back to the republicans. Look what we'll get.

No. Americans will continue to take it where the sun don't shine, becuase enough of us are still given the ability to be somewhat comfortable slaves, programmed by evening, and used by day.

I expect collapse to come by the end of 2015.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Awesome.... another random thread, baiting Americans...

Are you on some kind of Crusade against America?

We have problems at home too ya know... in case you hadn't noticed.

We were promised a referendum on Europe, Never happened... what did people do... sweet FA that's what.
Our politicians are all on the take and are spending our money on all kinds of crap in their expenses.... what did we do? Jack.

So how about you deal with your own problems or those of the UK before you start accusing others of being Apathetic or afraid.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   

I feel for people in your position. I'm not rich, I don't live in an ivory tower. I'm a democrat, if that matters. Every election i've ever voted in, i've voted for the person who I thought could better YOUR situation. My whole life i've put those who are less fortunate on a higher priority than my own. You're yelling at the wrong person here, pal.

I simply think a revolution and civil war would be bloody, violent and terrible. Revolutions turn violent, YOU KNOW THIS, and I just want to keep my family safe man.

I DO venture out of my 'bubble' (which is my house that I worked hard for years to buy, thank you very much) and when I do, I contribute to society. I donate to the poor (apparently you). I give what I can to charities and organizations that HELP people like you.

Oh, and for sale signs have surprisingly been around since houses started popping up. People sell their houses sometimes, go figure.

As far as the 'Neo' insult.. Touche' I guess? I never said I didn't have it rough, I've just simply been lucky enough to be more fortunate than others.

I could die tonight, then you would be the more fortunate one. So as long as we're both alive, let's just smile

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   

In this land you play ball with the Mafia you are either a made man or the IRS or Courts will squash you. as a prime example check out a guy named Tucker - Tucker automobiles. he had a vehicle 25 years ahead of its time, he basically had a safe car. seat belts - lights that move with the steering wheel. a real winner. and they took his factory and the courts did him in. also, check out what they did to deloran.
Now when I say Mafia its not your Typical Italian type Mafia .. more like a Jewish Mafia (the white shoe gang). they stay out of the lime light, but they control what controls americans MONEY. the more you make the more you got to make and one day the job ends and so does all you bought because unemployment does not pay more than say 1500 a month.
live off of that and pay for a lavoush lifestyle too. so, that is where we currently are. they are going after the upper middle class quite successfully I might add. this storm appears at dividing us -vs- them. and the people are not buying anymore of this non-sense. enough is enough.

if you work in the economy you can only get about half of what you could earn in a government job doing the same thing with benefits out the rear. basically, the U.S. Government is a huge blood sucker, that has nice places like prisons ... (America has more people incarcerated than China)
What we the people have allowed to happen is pure un forgivable. but non-the-less, our numbers still say regime and direction change. and I dont think they are going to allow our votes to count - because it would mean a lot of hangings would ensue for all the evil these people have done to the people of this nation and others. the whole damn thing just reached a point in which the citizen found himself in need and found no hope. so when all is lost and you have nothing left to lose, I expect Americans to Loose It~! and they will. it is just a matter of time. and all of this talk about the Constitution in all is so we default back to a republic instead of decline into the Zembabwae Symdrome. if they allow it - it will be a blood less revolution -- if not, those americans will have to choose money or country and all who choose money will be well dealt with. I propose an ammendment to the constitution to allow technology like the Polygraph and have all people accepting public funds undergo examination once every two years. something simple like "Have you served the citizens of this nation with honesty and integrity...?
anyway, it's not cast in stone but this current regime is going to go down like a stone sinking to the bottom of a pond past the coming election.

[edit on 7-4-2010 by Anti-Evil]

[edit on 7-4-2010 by Anti-Evil]

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Well, we do revolt every couple years...we call it voting.

the losers of an election cycle tend to yell that the other side is breaking America, that their guy would have saved America, but now the other side is turning it into some nazi style trash (yes, both sides of the aisle say the others are nazi's...goodwins law is enacted immediately in political discourse).

So...what the people state is...the minority should rebel, take America by force, then what....then what? then effin what? push the minority leaders that lost in a fair election into power? Hold a vote to bring back the people you had just overthrown via violence?

Nobody ever ever ever says then what...they give idealological bullocks saying..oh, then restore constitution to our interpretation verses any interpretation we oppose (about this time, they start considering putting additions in).

I said it during the bush years, and I will say it through the obama years, and whomever comes after obama

people demanding violent revolution in America to fight for the republic are retarded and anti-american bottom dwellers...straight across the board.

Want to overthrow a government in America? get your voice heard...run for public office yourself...blog facts and truth..the second you figure thats too hard and just want to grab a gun and force America to your vision is the moment you go from freedom fighter to knuckle dragging retard no matter which side of the aisle your on.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

THIS is the most intelligent post I've seen in a long time.

good job. You took the words right out of my mouth man.

I couldn't agree more.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
To preface my statements: I'm American and love my country, the following viewpoint does not mean that I'm not "Patriotic", whatever that means...

We tried to have a revolution in this country...there was a war...there was a new government...and, in the end, a country controlled by the Anglo-Saxon banking interests. Isn't it funny how many Masons signed the Declaration of Independence? Were they tories? A question begging for an answer. I realize that tories would not want to create this document, but this was the new government--they had to sign it to become part of the new ruling elite.

It's 2010, and we are already part of the Anglo Saxon New World Order...after WWIII between us and Russia/China, the real New World Order will form, probably with the winner LOL...I'm starting to think I'd vote for China over England.

[edit on 7-4-2010 by ibiubu]

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Umm, they haven't taken our guns.....yet.
That would be the spark to light the fuse though. If they ever revoke the 2nd amendment, it'll be a bloodbath. The stone throwing BS you see in Europe is child's play compared to the violence that would erupt over here.

Basically revolution would come after:
A) They come for our guns, (or ammo).
B) We collapse into a 3rd world nation and people lose their fear of misery, pain and death.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   

I HEAR YA!

This, as previously assumed, will not only be an American revolution.

It will be a world wide revolution, one in which we all will be one, for the first time....

I don't think you see the point in revolting if you're spouting nonsense about "all will be one". It's that exact sentiment which is causing the problem in the first place. You cannot force equality of anything but misery, and if a revolution is needed, it is to bring us back to being a country based on equality of opportunity and economic freedom.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join