It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans! Are you ever going to revolt?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Im not sure i understand, the English colonists revolted against there goverment due to a tax introduction, and created your own country, laws and constitution.

But today your complete pushovers, youve had your constitution basically ripped up, your freedoms are being taken away everyday, your guns are being taken away, isnt it in the constitution that you can revolt against the goverment?

But nooo you dont do anything, nothing at all, you just keep going to work, eating mc donalds and moaning at the world.

You need a leader, somewhere to rally and stay there untill your heard, dont let no riot cop in 12 inches of riot gear scare you off, your meant to stand up against the bigger force, thats what you did before DO IT AGAIN!

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Rather than fighting them outright.

Just stop doing things.

Stop paying them $.

Stop buying pointless crap from the store$.

Stop paying for all their crap$.

This is IMHO, the only way to fight.

Using weapons only leads to pain and death, its retarded.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
We need a leader that can make sure no cops with riot gear are needed. I don't see blood being spilled the only way for something to happen. But maybe I live in my own happy little bubble.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I HEAR YA!

This, as previously assumed, will not only be an American revolution.

It will be a world wide revolution, one in which we all will be one, for the first time.

We will all be fighting separate battles, but lets not let that confuse you, its all for the same goal.

A new world order. One in which we all will be free to the max, and safe to the secure.

This isn't their new world order, its all of ours.

The first punch was thrown a while ago, almost a year now. It started slow, but as you have been seeing, its picking up faster than the LHC.

[edit on 7-4-2010 by gandhi]

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

It is because people have become too soft and maliable. They are so easily swayed and will given up independent thought in exchange for institutionalized conformity.

The people have come to believe that revolution, no matter what it is for, is a bad thing. They feel that violence is somehow removable from human nature and that we can overcome it. This is a pipe dream that goes against every era of known human history and the human psyche. It is clearly known that when pushed far enough, mankind's only answer to unsolvable problems will be violence.

There will be a revolution though if will be fought against for some time before those who realize the truth outnumber those who would wish for peace no matter the cost. There are still some of us over here that will choose to fight when the time comes.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I couldn't agree more but I can enlighten you on why we don't. We aren't hungry and we still have entertainment. We on this board are not a good representation of America. Not in the least bit. If we were the revolution would most likely have happened already due to the fact of the sensitive nature of the topics posted on (i.e. War, 911, etc). I would like to see it but I am an American hypocrite as they say. I would much rather live day to day trolling the forums for entertainment and booting up my video games. My life sucks, but I am scared to death of change especially drastic change such as that spoken of. This is the complete truth and how the majority thinks in this country only they won't admit their flaws like I can. Good Post.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
You don't need to revolt like that.

All you gotta do is stop feeding the Beast.

Stop paying taxes.

The solution is in front of our very eyes...

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Although there are a lot of armchair warriors in America, it hasn't gotten bad enough for a Revolution yet. A Revolution would be the very LAST approach to try and fix our broken government.

It seems pretty easy for someone in England to sit and want a Revolution in America. It would kill thousands of people and probably finish destroying America. Is that maybe what you foreigners want? Do you want to see us completely destroyed?

I would rather live in the US today than anywhere in the world. Why don't you all revolt against your government and let us know how it works out for you......

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

I agree, but lets play this out:

1. Didn't pay taxes.
2. IRS warns you.
3. Jailed for not paying taxes.
4. Jail helps the beast.
5. the beast is fed.

Although, that is just what i am guessing. Wilderness survival is probably the best chance, and most peaceful.

Which is what i am going to be doing up here in Canada for a few years, starting this spring.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ventian

THAT was a very good answer! Star for you! And just for the hell of it /hug! Very well written response.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   

I've lived in America my whole life. I'm thirty-three years old.

I've never gone hungry.
I've had a roof over my head my whole life.
I've had a steady, good paying job since I was 21.
I've never been assaulted or attacked in the street/public.

Compare your current situation to other countries in the world and you'll find that you DON'T have it that bad.

People calling for Revolutions make me sick. You plan on doing this a non-violent way, or will more violence solve your problem?

And Muzzleflash, telling everyone to stop paying money is one thing. But did you know you're on the internet right now? Broadband costs money.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
At least they've got a Tea party Tax revolt going we can't even be bothered to do that.

link   
Can you imagine the sense of victory after the battle, the goverment gone, humans everywhere united under one cause, freedom.

A new dawn for humans, a fresh start.

This isn't just a dream. Weve all been led to believe we can't make a difference, BUT WE CAN, it's up to US to make OUR future the way we want it!.

Get producing leaflets, making banners, putting up posters on goverment buildings, thats how you start a revolution, make no mistake, the power of information is amazing.

Make yourselves known

link   
reply to post by MIMRblazin

Those who trade freedom for security are ignorant and deserve neither.

Not sure who said that, but just because everything is safe, doesn't mean its free.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by MIMRblazin

Those who trade freedom for security are ignorant and deserve neither.

Not sure who said that, but just because everything is safe, doesn't mean its free.

link   
triple post! sorry, computer messed up

CX

link   

Originally posted by Haydn_17

But today your complete pushovers, youve had your constitution basically ripped up, your freedoms are being taken away everyday, your guns are being taken away

In all fairness, our US members could have easily have posted the same thing about us here in the UK. The only difference being that here they've already taken away our guns, now it's our knives. I think we are the last ones who should be having a go at people in the US for not doing anything.

But nooo you dont do anything, nothing at all, you just keep going to work, eating mc donalds and moaning at the world.

Again, could be many of us here in the UK.

You need a leader, somewhere to rally and stay there untill your heard, dont let no riot cop in 12 inches of riot gear scare you off, your meant to stand up against the bigger force, thats what you did before DO IT AGAIN!

Need i say it a third time?

I do appreciate what you are saying Haydn, but i just think we have a lot to do here before we go pointing the finger.

CX.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by kennylee

No of course not!

You see you proved my point! You cant unite, you think me wanting freedom for all is a conspiracy.

There doesnt have to be deaths, you can make a goverment crumble without a single drop of blood being spilt.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   

I doubt a revolt will happen - A good reason why not...

It will give you a better idea as to why North Americans are so apathetic and complacent to their current situation...

I would love to see this country revolt, as I know we have the ability to.......wait a minute - American Idol Rewind is on!! Gotta go!

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by CX

Only if Labour win the election we have major problems.
That would be a hell of a rigged election

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join