It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans! Are you ever going to revolt?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Haydn_17
Im not sure i understand, the English colonists revolted against there goverment due to a tax introduction, and created your own country, laws and constitution.

But today your complete pushovers, youve had your constitution basically ripped up, your freedoms are being taken away everyday, your guns are being taken away, isnt it in the constitution that you can revolt against the goverment?

But nooo you dont do anything, nothing at all, you just keep going to work, eating mc donalds and moaning at the world.

You need a leader, somewhere to rally and stay there untill your heard, dont let no riot cop in 12 inches of riot gear scare you off, your meant to stand up against the bigger force, thats what you did before DO IT AGAIN!

Are we talking about the US or the UK?
I'm confused...

Sorry man, but you should focus a little closer to home...

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Everyone needs to get to the place where they realize that our Government is intending to force us into debt. They will do so at the point of a gun if necessary. I know that's hard for many of you to believe, but our entire economic system depends on excessive and ever increasing debt. I for one have no intention of being forced to purchase products like healthcare insurance and then pay all the tax increases that are coming. If I fail to maintain adequate income, these ridiculous mandates and taxes could force me into a position where I become a criminal by default. Are you prepared for this eventuality, because this is where we are headed if we continue down the road we are on.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

The error I saw was you said that 10% fought for the colonial revolution, and .0112 were slaves. Then you take into consideration only this small percentage of slaves as a part of the current equation. How is this logical? Wouldn't the more reasonable figure be something similar like 10% , or 30-33% if a revolution actually happened?

You missed the fact that we have all been made property of the corporate government, so as property we are slaves.

When you consider the free range slave system that they use, which utilizes political correctness, 24/7 media propaganda, and 600,000 laws to condition every aspect of the human condition, we are presently in a deeper bondage than the Southern Black Slaves were. So the .0112 number is very generous considering.

You can’t use the 10% figure, because it relies on certain principles and notions of freedom that Americans gave up a long, long time ago.

If you count, Tories, Rebels, Hessians, and British Troops, maybe a total of 30% of the actual humans on the ground took active part in the Revolution.

But you take out the Hessians and the British Troops it’s about 10% either side of the divide.

Plus you also have to understand that Freemasonry gave the principle rebels a cohesive common unifying element.

It’s not likely the Freemasons are going to push for this revolution since they are in fact the beneficiaries of the last revolution.

So you don’t have a organizing element like Masonry to coordinate a launch or the overall struggle, while trying to attain critical mass numbers that can fight.

The truth is most Americans are so enslaved between their mortgages, credit cards, political correctness, media distortions, families, and careers that you are in fact dealing with a slave population.

So you have to go with the .0112 number of participants for either side.

You still need a catalyst organization like Masonry, or Catholicism or some other unifying entity that has a shared infrastructure and independent communications network and that’s not going to happen, since along with Masonry that Catholic Church was the big winner in the first Revolution, I don’t see a catalyst organization out there.

I don’t see the numbers reaching critical mass either.

Lots of divisive talk for sure, but talk is cheap and for lovers!

It is safe to say the revolution will not be starting tomorrow.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Simply put, Americans are a "talk first, act later" kind. We need a leader, we need him/her to come out of the dark and be straight focussed on the rigorous task at hand.

So far every congressman, representative, average joe-shmo that has gotten past the planning stages of starting this Revolution has been crucified by the Democratic crowd and labeled a racist or worse.

We need a leader, with no history, an image created by his actions in the present to confront the tyranny lead our revolt....until he/she comes around.....were screwed.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

"Americans! Are you ever going to revolt?"

Yes, of course we will. Once our cable goes out.

Or if they institute a nationwide ban on trans-fats, like they did here in Cali, effectively making fried foods taste like sheet, (which technically constitutes as cruel and unusual punishment seeing as that will eliminate 70% of our diet)

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Firefly_
Do you realise that so you can have your comfortable lifestyle, there are people living in poverty? For each filthy rich person, there are many people going without that money who need it. Is this fair? Entire nations exploited and plundered just so a few people who think they are better than the rest of us can get even richer.

If you give a crap about anyone other than yourself, maybe you would support revolution when it comes because it IS a world wide problem, these people are in the vast majority of governments and need to be got rid of!

The fact is that the earth provides more than enough for us all, yet a greedy minority are keeping it all back from us. People want whats rightfully theirs and theres only so much people can take before they break. There are so many examples throughout history, they cannot completely break us. Unless of course too many of us become like you.

Good point!

And there appears to be plenty upon this earth for every man's need, but there will and can never be enough to satisfy GREED.

And this isnt just about 'filthy' rich, though I personally liked that 60's lefty slogan
"EAT THE RICH"

To maintain your "Lifestyle" takes the work of 5 additional subsistence wage slaves in developing countries. These are people who are, essentially, slaves. - they must work 18 hour days or starve.

In the US "Slavery" may have been abolished, in that humans may not be purchased like cattle, HOWEVER, there has been substituted the phrase "subsistence wage earners" so that "slaves" are not actually seen...

And they are all segregated, to areas of town, typically downwind of the city's center and down wind of the dump - called "Section 8 Housing" or outside of the US called "shantytowns"... (note1) And in America if Americans dont have to SEE the hungry people they dont exist. The only thing that exists are the pretty pictures of smiling happy families on televisions, perhaps discussing what $20 movie to go watch.... or what Johnny did at summer camp last week...Most "real" people are actually living quiet lives of incredibly intense desperation, wondering how they are going to get by financially. It is almost as if, instead of placing all of us in prison, as part of the Prison Industrial Complex, we are slowly being turned into our own jailors, by beurocratic red tape, surveillance and regulations, licencing, and carbon taxes...The Good American Citizen out there killing himself stress-wise to be able to take care of our prison 'cells' for TPTB.

"And the National Bank, at a profit, is selling road maps for the soul, to the old folks home, in the college" (Dylan, Tombstone Blues)

Note 1: All you really have to know about real estate is what that old phrase "location, location, location" really means: It is a politically correct way of saying UPWIND of city center.

Vote Seataka 2012!

[edit on 7-4-2010 by seataka]

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helig
but the bottom line is that the citizenry of this nation have neither the skills, spine or determination to kill on the scale necessary to be called a revolution.

absolutely wrong on that point

thanks to gaming software, they
have indoctrinated violence in youth
for years. even the military has
stated this.

so let them go hungry a day or 2
and see what determination they have.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Plan2exist18
Simply put, Americans are a "talk first, act later" kind. We need a leader, we need him/her to come out of the dark and be straight focussed on the rigorous task at hand.

Trying not to get assassinated before the swearing-in ceremony would be the main thing he would have to focus on.

So far every congressman, representative, average joe-shmo that has gotten past the planning stages of starting this Revolution has been crucified by the Democratic crowd and labeled a racist or worse.

And did you stand by your man because you knew his character or did you let the name calling wet your enthusiasm?

We need a leader, with no history, an image created by his actions in the present to confront the tyranny lead our revolt....until he/she comes around.....were screwed.

I wouldn't elect anyone without ANY history. I'd want someone who could not be bought, someone who once had a chance to 'sell out' and did not, one who would promise to we the people to tell them the truth, no matter how awful that truth was. Because I know as a country, we could fix whatever it might be. But can you imagine the how loud the choreographed shrieking of THAT MUCH MONEY in opposition to a simple Tell the Truth and Hide Nothing platform??

"It is a truism that almost any sect, cult, or religion will legislate its creed into law if it acquires the political power to do so, and will follow it by suppressing opposition, subverting all education to seize early the minds of the young, and by killing, locking up, or driving underground all heretics."
--Robert A. Heinlein, postscript to Revolt in 2100

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

absolutely wrong on that point

thanks to gaming software, they
have indoctrinated violence in youth
for years. even the military has
stated this.

so let them go hungry a day or 2
and see what determination they have.

Video game violence or not, people lack the spines to do anything about it. So you can shoot a video game terrorists but almost everyone i talk to always says they wouldnt get behind the trigger.

We (the people) need to get pissed off enough to actually have the determination to act as one, and they are pushing us to our limits

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by seataka

I wouldn't elect anyone without ANY history. I'd want someone who could not be bought, someone who once had a chance to 'sell out' and did not, one who would just promise to we the people the truth no matter how awful the truth was. Because I know as a country, we could fix whatever it might be. But can you imagine the choreographed shrieking of THAT MUCH MONEY in opposition to a simple Tell the Truth and Hide Nothing platform??

Well Barack Obama had no history around 2006 when he began his run. It was brilliant because he then wrote his two books so people were able to get his "history" fed to them. Everybody has history, im saying someone who can be upfront from the front, an average person, whose actions cant be smeared by rival campaigns

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by seataka

I wouldn't elect anyone without ANY history. I'd want someone who could not be bought, someone who once had a chance to 'sell out' and did not, one who would just promise to we the people the truth no matter how awful the truth was. Because I know as a country, we could fix whatever it might be. But can you imagine the choreographed shrieking of THAT MUCH MONEY in opposition to a simple Tell the Truth and Hide Nothing platform??

Well Barack Obama had no history around 2006 when he began his run. It was brilliant because he then wrote his two books so people were able to get his "history" fed to them. Everybody has history, im saying someone who can be upfront from the front, an average person, whose actions cant be smeared by rival campaigns

Ok, I got what you meant...thanks for the reply, and one more comment came to mind..

It seems as if whenever these guys get elected they act as if they get taken into a room and then shown a movie or something is explained to them, which justifies managing the affairs of this nation as if there were no tommarro....

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
[edit on 7-4-2010 by unityemissions]

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

One of the best points made in a while. It wouldn't be beyond imagination to feel as though the lack of unity didn't happen simply by chance. As a corporation, why would our government want to allow a revolution, or even the means to set-up such an event?

Also, I think it's important to remember that over time, all or at least most of those in power will eventually be corrupted. Every man has his price, as they say.

Do I think the U.S. needs a total makeover? Yes. I 'm not saying whether or not things are better or worse here than in other countries, but they are certainly different. Different problems need different solutions and violence certainly isn't the only answer. Sadly, there's not a blanket-solution to fix the world's problems, but these kinds of changes will likely take a lot of time to take effect. The USA isn't that old yet, and certainly not immortal

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Haydn_17
Americans! Are you ever going to revolt?

The Americans are in the middle of a Revolution right now.

[edit on 7-4-2010 by RRokkyy]

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
People want a leader for a Revolution? What are you looking for?

Honestly, what would someone have to do in order to get people behind him to start the revolt? What would be the qualities of this "leader" of the revolution?

Once again, even if someone matched these heroic qualities of the said "leader" how would he go about getting in the public eye? Would he run for office? Would he lead rallies against the government?

There will NEVER be a 'political' revolution leader because quite simply put they will always stand at the forefront and think of themselves before all others. If you are going to wait for some high profile person to get on television and start calling for revolution - then it is never going to happen.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

Back at ya! When are you going to revolt? Your years ahead of us in lost freedoms. Set an example.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   
The reason We don't revolt is We have to much to loose. The elite have the middle class running hard on the damn hamster wheel. We are barely staying afloat with all the taxes and debt and You wonder why people are starting to hate the government...

The funny thing is WE have all the power. If the MIDDLE CLASS just set out for a month the country would collapse. It might take longer than a month but it would happen real fast...

Thats all We have to do is refuse to go to work and go on strike. We could also stop buying and paying our taxes and paying the banks...

The entitled pukes would be revolting in a heart beat after We refuse to work because the checks would stop coming in the mail...

So We don't have to fight at all We just have to stop producing and feeding the beast and the beast will die...

Whats the government going to do FORCE US to go to work? If that happens the illusion of freedom would disappear real quick and the government would be exposed for wht it is.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Here ya go....

I live in America

I have lived here all my life

I get conjugal visits every other week. They bring my wife over from the other facility.

The food's not bad, once you get used to it. Hey, I get fed three times a day

I carry a home made knife around with me to ward off my foes

Usually I'm secure behind the bars they enclose me with, sometimes 23 hours a day.

America has provided me with a cost free gym, you should see how ripped I am

We have hand ball and basket ball, books to read, t.v.'s to watch, CD's to listen to, Play Station 3 games to play, and every now and then, the librarian lets me surf the web on their computer. That's how I got to write this and send it to you all. =)

We have movie time after dark, and get to watch the latest movie releases

I do gardening work, and make 21 cents an hour trimming the verge

We can spend the money we earn on items from the commisary, like top ramen noodles for a dollar....

yep, I'm an American, and I've got everything I need in life. I sure am glad they started this "YES WE CAN" program, because without Obama's help, I'd still be out on the streets, protesting about lack of income while they steal what little my family had left, and plotting my next scheme to feed my family.

I can't believe how criminal I was back then. But I've found Jesus too, so you know I've changed... speaking of which, here he comes now, gotta go and get ready for our hour of 'study group'... heh...

I'm sure Hey Zues was imported, just for the company....

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
So many want an armed revolt. But revolt to what?? I need to see a plan, a vision, if you will, of what all of these armchair revolutionaries and tea party teahadists want to replace our current, totally screwed-up government with. I suspect that a great majority of them would like to see a Theocratic totalitarian state in its place, which makes the Teahadists an even greater threat to MY LIBERTY than the government that is currently in operation. I see "The King Of The Wingnuts" being interviewed on Larry King. He wants to abolish Social Security. Does this asshat have any idea how many hundreds of millions of decent people would be destroyed by such a thing? How many local businesses would be adversely affected? Does he even care?

Nope! Not in the slightest! He's a Teahadist and he and his Constitutional dogma is ALWAYS RIGHT! Should this troupe of inbred freaks ever gain power in this country I demand them to refund every penny that I have sunk into the SS system, a long-standing government program that they will have just mercilessly scuttled in the name of their own self-important interpretation of the Constitution. That seems only fair. Somehow tho, I really don't think fair is what your average Teahadist is after. Reasserting the "Good-Ol'-Boy" network and White Power honestly seem to be their collective agenda.

[edit on 7-4-2010 by godless]

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
An Englishman taunting Americans to revolt!

You Islanders have some revolutions to catch up on now don't you?

As of right now you're well behind the Americans in the revolt category, and the Russians, French, Mexicans, Peruvians, Chinese, Most Central Americans, and the list goes on and on.

You know, we Americans have often wondered how you guys in England have put up with that Royalty scam for so long. Come to think of it, you all never even pushed the Romans out. It took the barbarian invasions to kickstart that flight.

I think history has shown that if there was ever a more complacent lot of folks, it would point right back to your own kinsmen mate.

Get on par with us then we can talk about these taunts again.

And while your at it, at least tear all of those damn cameras down that your government has posted everywhere on your island including the far flung countryside. You know what I'm talking about, those cameras that your government uses to spy on you and at the same time has made it illegal for you all to film them back with your own. Now that would at least be a start.

[edit on 7-4-2010 by warequalsmurder]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join