It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freaky Physics Proves Parallel Universes Exist

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by willis7737

cool post willis S&F for you. elementary and a ingenious experiment. Now I hope my parallels are living the great life I am not right now. Kinda makes me wonder if there is a balance or if something can be stolen between the universes?

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Now this is a truly magnificent find. I have always believed in the multiverse theory, but now that its been proven true, I am happy about that.. now i see that i can have full control of my destiny as a post above said. I must remember to stay concious with every decision. S&F for you OP, Excellent story.

-b0s-

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Good find,

What many people don't understand is that objective reality doesn't exist.

Once you understand this truth then it will be easy to see that parallel universes exist.

We know that everything evolves into infinity at Planck's Constant. So you can break down things like space, time, our laws of physics to the point where they don't exist anymore.

So all we can say is that the something infinite gives birth to the local realities that we observe. I call this infinite Mind or God.

Parallel universes are just projected realities or phantasms. They have no objective existence outside of our perception.

So say Jimmy Carter lost to Ronald Reagan in our universe but in a parallel universe Jimmy Carter won. The new universe will have the same history as ours and this universe is just projected into another dimension. From this point, the two universes history will evolve differently with one where Ronald Reagan is President and another where Jimmy Carter is President.

There's probably at least one real universe (Heaven) and all other universes are a projection of this universe. This universe could exist in a higher dimension or it has no dimensions and we would be a 3 dimensional projection of a higher dimensional universe.

So you have one real universe projected into different dimensions of space.

This could also explain things like Ufology and the Paranormal. We are seeing higher dimensional realities but from a limited 3 dimensional view.

So an airplane in the 4th dimension might appear to us as lights that appear out of nowhere and move in ways that appears foreign to us. This is because we can't see the higher dimensional space that connects the objects from our limited 3 dimensional view.

A good book to read on this is Extra Dimensional Universe: Where the Paranormal Becomes the Normal.

[edit on 7-4-2010 by Matrix Rising]

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Ok this made me register. (My first post):

For those of you that would like a neat way to conceptualize a "Parallel Universe" try this.

View the following illusion, but before you do, let me tell you that you will see a woman spinning. Now here is the important part. WRITE DOWN THE DIRECTION SHE IS SPINNING! (even if you have seen this before). You are about to choose the path your version of the universe is going to take.

www.maniacworld.com...

Did you write it down? (in your head doesn't count). Do not read below these lines until you do! That line is the demarcation point. You will not be able to change your decision once you read below this line.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So now you have forced a measurement. By now you should know that the woman was in fact spinning both directions at the same time. But you were forced to measure. Your perception made a decision and now you have taken the path of the person who wrote... well, whatever it is that you wrote. Other people took a different path. Some people even took the path of reading this without clicking the link or writing it down. Yes, reading below the line without doing anything was in fact it's own decision and you have taken an entirely different path in life than what would have happened to you if you choose one of the other paths.

You see, this gives the perception that the measurement actually collapsed the possible outcomes into the one that was measured. And it kind of did - in your universe. Both outcomes of the woman spinning clockwise or counterclockwise existed at the same time, but you had to choose one of the paths for it to make sense in our linear perception of things.

What if two people were to view the woman spinning at the same time? Both marking the seconds when she switched direction? They would be experiencing the same event in a parallel universe. One, but two.

Perception is your reality. You make a decision, and then you experience the world from the perspective of that decision. Your decisions and thoughts are creating YOUR universe.

There are definitely flaws in this illustration, as there are with any model. (The map is not the terrain.) Hopefully though, this will inspire thought and bring some closer to understanding.

[edit on 7-4-2010 by TattarrattaT] (For clarity)

[edit on 7-4-2010 by TattarrattaT]

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   
gee and here we thought all of us "time-shifters" where just bad at geography.

Now there's scientific proof... i wonder what the skeptics will say now.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Sorry I didnt read everyones posts, so someone may have mentioned it but before I forget- What exactly would happen to your brain if there was any possibility of frontward/backward, up/down universe?

What I mean is- If you do all these different 'odd things' what happens to the human brain? Do we get smarter because we learn about these other worlds and experience different memories? Would we all die earlier with the added stress of trying to 'make' the perfect world for ourselves? And if we die in one world, do we die in the others? Move over kitty, Ive got 9 lives too!

My brain went nutty while trying to even comprehend the concept of this very article- I mean, I think with all that information we would essentially all end up in the nut house (if Im not already there right now
).

Americans (for example) either cant, dont want to or are either just too lazy even grasp the reality we experience daily, let alone the 'possibilities' of ANY conspiracy theories posted on here at ATS. You think they go lining up to live more than one life? Personally, I think this ones difficult enough!

Great find by the way!!

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Very interesting article! It's like Sliders were most things are the same but some still differ no matter what. I like the multi verse idea. So does that mean I'm really here typing this or am I feeding the fish!
Since we don't feel time and only perceive it, is it possible to not perceive time?

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Nothing new really, Walter figured this one out decades ago.

I must admit it's interesting. First you get a series dealing with parallel universes and then after a year or so you get scientists figuring it out.

I found the last bit intriguing:

"Our concepts of cause and effect will fly out the window," says Ben Bova, the science fiction author. "People will -- for various reasons -- try to fix the past or escape into the future. But we may never notice these effects, if the universe actually diverges. Maybe somebody already has invented a time machine and our history is being constantly altered, but we don’t notice the kinks in our path through time."

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Ayrton

It seems time travel could be possible, but I doubt the machines would allow it, or find it nessasary.

[edit on 7-4-2010 by googolplex]

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by TattarrattaT

the shadow lady keeps spinning clockwise for me, it says on the site that if you stare at it for 1 min it will reverse, i tried telling my brain to see it reverse while staring at it for abouth 10 min and nothing. Whats the trick is it like magic eye were you are not supposed to focus on anything.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   
I bet when they says they "cooled the paddle in a refrigerator" they mean they used some kind of super science to get it's temperature to be a fraction of a kelvin.

All sorts of weird quantum # that I can't make heads or tails of happens at super cool temperatures.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Thanks for the snippet Willis.
Make no mistake Physics as we know it will evolve and eventually be revamped. This news shows an experimental verification that, all of the universe/s are but waves. A wave does freeze when you attempt to measure it. parallel realities are but waves in different degrees of polarisation.

Cheers

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   
So heaven and hell do exist hmm...thats what people have been saying for thousands of years that these parallel universes exist...yet no one believes them..

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Well, it´s not necessry to believe them, because it´s their reality. They don´t believe your reality either.
That is a great find! When I was at school, we had a big discussion about it. It ended in big laughter. Someone said I couldn´t be serious. If he believes in some ducks with bright hair and a tie in heaven, waiting for him to arrive, it was real? Well... it seems so.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Someone should check the bulb in their fridge
maybe they thought it stayed still and vibrated at the same time, just like the wheels on a car on tv when the rotational speed does not match the film fps/shutter speed and the wheels appear to rotate backwards although the car is going forwards.

[edit on 8-4-2010 by wmd_2008]

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 01:56 AM
link   
"Am I butterfly dreaming I'm a man? Or a bowling ball dreaming I'm a plate of sashimi? Never assume what you see and feel is real!"

-from SNES game Chrono Trigger

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by wayaboveitall
"Whatchu talkin bout Willis?

electricghetto.com...

Science isnt what it used to be, its all getting too wishy washy and delusional for my liking.

The multi-verse theory says the entire universe "freezes" during observation, and we see only one reality.

The Nutjobs would love that!

"Our concepts of cause and effect will fly out the window," says Ben Bova, the science fiction author. "People will -- for various reasons -- try to fix the past or escape into the future. But we may never notice these effects, if the universe actually diverges. Maybe somebody already has invented a time machine and our history is being constantly altered, but we don’t notice the kinks in our path through time."

Right, and Australia and NZ have moved around a bit since 1987 but nobodys fixed the maps. Colonel sanders was the president of the US in 1977 you know!

Cant wait for the announcement, Science Proves Santa exist!
Shrodinghers Sleigh Theory!

*Will be written by a 20 yo 'scientist' (got two new lab coats last week) and ofcourse, verified by a sci-fi writer!

[edit on 7-4-2010 by wayaboveitall]

It is because of this attitude that I cannot stand several posters here on ATS. Typical trolls! If people cannot provide additional information or supporting evidence to such a theory, than why even post your negative comment at all? You offer nothing, except the notation to knock down this theory.

Let it be and move on if you have nothing new and enlightening to add. Geesh! Come on people! How many times does this have to be recited?

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 02:21 AM
link   
River moves, yet the reflection in it doesn't!
Spending all the money on expensive labs to come to this conclusion, doesn't seem very scientific to me.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Source:

And it's all because of a tiny bit of metal -- a "paddle" about the width of a human hair, an item that is incredibly small but still something you can see with the naked eye. UC Santa Barbara's Andrew Cleland cooled that paddle in a refrigerator, dimmed the lights and, under a special bell jar, sucked out all the air to eliminate vibrations. He then plucked it like a tuning fork and noted that it moved and stood still at the same time

How does one observe that at the same time a tuning fork is moving and standing still? How was that done?

My problem, I have to know how you can observe simultaneous outcomes?

I did a search and never found like the original research article, etc.?

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 02:29 AM
link   
So I can effect my reality by just thinking. And "The Law of Attraction" and "The Secret" is not just a marketing scam.

Right I am off to join USANA to become a millionaire within 2 years.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join