It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freaky Physics Proves Parallel Universes Exist

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I sometimes wonder how my life would be diffrent in an alternate universe. Maybe one molucule is diffrent in that universe then ours. Maybe Im a popular person.
Hey yopu never know

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by DrJay1975

Lol. You half wit sheites, you could muster only 3 words this time and not another one of your " pure unadulterated nonsense ".
As in german what, I would say to you is ' Weg von mir hurensohn '

The Op in other hand has brought up a very good thread. Thanks OP

Cheers

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 02:06 AM
link   
ok, had to star and flag this because of one theory that I had and another member came up with this idea the same week as I did.. NOW THAT'S FREAKY!

here's the post..
Thought provoking Theory.. !

If my understanding is correct, I thought that Quantum physics could NOT be measured/observed because it would cease to respond.. ??

Plz correct me on this~! and so, if i'm understanding this correctly, they found a way to observe/measure this now ??

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Has anyone figured out yet that we ARE LIMITED by our brains ?
No matter how big your brains and mine could be, we just can't imagine something we can't even see as a CONCEPT, as abstract as it could be.

All the rest is just you and I babbling forever.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   
doesnt' prove that live people/animials have the same effect though. and that you exist in multiple dimensioins at the same time, because you would be constantly getting glimpes of it wouldnt you.

Say that football is flying though the air, then it stops dead and falls to the ground. Then it goes back to flying though the air again. I dont see this happening. I dont think we exist in multiple universes ourselves, otherwise we would be able to see them.

Only inanimate objects.

There probably are beings that can exist in these multiple universes at the same time. and could explain a lot of wierd things people claim to see.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by MR BOB

We wouldn't be able to see them because of decoherence.

Decoherence only allows us to interact with the information that leaks into our enviroment from the system's wave function.

So we couldn't see or measure a universe where McCain won the election because the information that we measure is Obama won the election.

We might catch glimpses of these parallel universes. Say a person catches the glimpse of a little girl walking across the top of the stairs but they don't have a daughter. They might think it's a ghost but it could be a little girl from a house in a parallel universe. This house occupies the same space, the universe is just in another dimension.

Decoherence tells us there's a quantum-classical boundary. So on a quantum level the system is in a state of superposition but on a classical level we only observe one of these states.

Our choices causes one of these states to be measured.

[edit on 9-4-2010 by Matrix Rising]

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by BellaMente
This article does NOT prove parallel universes!

All this experiment does is demonstrate the quantum property of superposition - which proves this quantum mechanical property, NOT ANY INTERPRETATION of quantum mechanics...

The idea of parallel universes stems from the Many Worlds Interpretation of qunatum mechanics, but there are many other interpretations just as good, if not better (like David Bohm's interpretation).

You are precisely correct.

It all boils down to interpretation.

And to those that think that the "no vacuum" part was the silliest part of the article, I offer thios quote from the link:

Consider Sergei Krikalev, the Russian astronaut who flew six space missions. Richard Gott, a physicist at Princeton University, says Krikalev aged 1/48th of a second less than the rest of us because he orbited at very high speeds. And to age less than someone means you've jumped into the future -- you did not experience the same present. In a sense, he says, Krikalev time-traveled to the future -- and back again!

"And back again!!???"

Naw, he didn't come "back again." That would imply that he travelled backwards in time.

He didn't. He (and other astronauts) merely suffered the consequences of Special Relativity.

Harte

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
This is fascinating. Would this apply to parallel dimensions, or universes, or both? Because it seems to me that a parallel dimension--one that is higher than 3D--could also be possible.

For example, some say we are ascending to a 5th/6th dimensional earth where most things would be the same in 3D, only higher vibrating and better (more positive). So I wonder if that means that everything we see here in 3D, or at least some aspects of it could also appear in the same place/time but in a higher dimension?

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Alternate universes cease to exist the moment we make a conscious decision and act on it. When you come to a fork in a road and go to the left you cant change your mind and go right. You have already gone to the left. You can deduce probable outcomes of possible actions, but once you decide the alternative ceases to exist.

murfdog

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by willis7737

This is also old news, you think these are the only experiments done with similar aspects? I could show you how to make something disappear from this dimension/density. Also you have 7 bodies, each belonging to a density, your just only conscious of this one at the moment, the 3rd.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
If we are then in control of our personal reality,that must mean that everyone is also in control right?
does this mean reality boils down to an average?

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Matrix Rising

I think for the most part we are talking of the same thing here...

I'm GUESSING that what we might call the soul is an "aspect" of a Super intelligence, because in an infinite Universe and Evolution -- it's a pretty sure bet that one would arise. We could suppose that after everything had been thought about and mastered, "sampling" reality would be the one great thing left.

I'd say that there is more than one super-intelligence, at least from our perspective. The"splintering off" of a watcher is likely, but I suspect that the "newly super-evolved" intelligences, would have awareness of themselves at the same time having "subroutines" that lived, that were NOT aware of the greater whole.

I would think that they would have preferences -- and that the intelligence that MIGHT effect the world, or offer information, would gravitate towards people with minds, or thought processes it liked. There might be a lot of lives that would bore the heck out of an intelligent being.

So, the "godlike" would be part of everything -- even the ant and slug, and experience it all even if life is misery -- and the "aware" or ascended intelligences, would probably have preferences. I think that's why some people seem to be "all there" and other people seem to be "stand ins from central casting." I'm not sure if everybody really has a soul in the sense that they have memories of themselves after death -- the Universe seems more into recycling.

>>> Your point about;
Decoherence makes a choice we measure seem like the real or rational choice because after a choice is made it's thermodynamically irreversible.
> I think that's kind of the traditional Physics perspective.
I'm proposing something a bit simpler -- but everything I'm trying to propose, is ideas that I think can be proven and disproven -- I find it annoying to have people just say "you have seven bodies and this one is the third" -- yeah, why is that?

I think it is provable that our Universe is rational -- and NOT just because we are "fitting facts" to the history. There is not YET an accepted theory why Physics laws HAVE to be obeyed -- and my proposed idea, is that "they do not" -- only, all those un-taken choices, or negative and positive charges that are not balanced cease to exist.

Entropy happens at an atomic level in particles themselves -- the particles you are made of are different in the future than the are now. But there is no past and there is no future -- and I think I can come up with a few tests to prove that.

Anyway, interesting stuff. have a great weekend.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Matrix Rising

Originally posted by MystikMushroom
I'm not a scientist -- and I will spare the details of how I "know" what I "know"

There is no "past" nor "future"

Everything that could happen, has happened, will happen on every "level" (sub-atomic to cosmic) IS happening all in the NOW.

There was no "end" to everything, because there was no beginning! It is like a mobius strip, or the symbol for infinity.

There is just "Now" ... everything that can/could/will/was all exists in a state of flux that is "now".

[edit on 8-4-2010 by MystikMushroom]

Very good points.

Thank you kind sir!

It is hard to imagine that there is "nexus" where all possibilities exist co-concurrently. That is exactly where we reside.

Indeed our actions influence the outcome of situations, but the potential of other actions also influences the outcome of what we experience.

It's pretty deep and "heavy" things to think about -- but it does make you think about your place in reality.

Matter is energy, and energy can be converted into matter. Basic physics.

Imagine a tiny sub, SUB atomic particle-sized white dot. In that dot contains all that is, will, could, has been all happening at once.

We don't travel forward in time, we simply move from one "situation" or "experience" to another. There is no such thing as linear time...we invented that.

That my friends is our universe. Billions upon billions of galaxies, each with billions of stars, co-existing in each infinite potential all at once.

Maybe the "Om" sound sums it up ...

Everything ... really is simply ... everything.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
What I would like is for one of me to fall into the rift and end up in the same universe as another of me, me being the the one who is typing this at the moment. I think it would be nice to have a roommate who had the same habits as myself, we could share a job, each working half time, we could go out together, I wonder how many people have fantasized about making it with identical twins, , all in all it could be interesting.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

That idea is compatible with Buddhist philosophy. We are all one. We are one experiencing everything.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by MystikMushroom
I'm not a scientist -- and I will spare the details of how I "know" what I "know"

There is no "past" nor "future"

Everything that could happen, has happened, will happen on every "level" (sub-atomic to cosmic) IS happening all in the NOW.

There was no "end" to everything, because there was no beginning! It is like a mobius strip, or the symbol for infinity.

There is just "Now" ... everything that can/could/will/was all exists in a state of flux that is "now".

[edit on 8-4-2010 by MystikMushroom]

Right on, man. You hit it spot on. It is always "now." There is not one time in anyone's life that it is not NOW... the PRESENT MOMENT. It is always the present moment. Props to you for understanding this. Lots of people don't.
Star for you.

Edit: Also, you are correct about your most recent post in this thread, too.

[edit on 12-4-2010 by Fangula]

[edit on 12-4-2010 by Fangula]

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Hi OP,

great thread! I really love reading threads such as this, although lots of it does boggle my mind just a bit.

We are hearing so much about Multiverses etc these days, I really think it's a matter of time before we make a huge huge breakthrough that will stun the world!

The idea of us existing in infinate other situations is just mind boggling and brilliant. Hopefully I can be the "lotto Winning Me" this weekend!!!

S&F kind sir!

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join