It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Robinesque Ruminations

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Robin Marks

National Geographic has much info about Pennsylvania for you Robin. I think even a map that will be helpful. news.nationalgeographic.com...

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
This is just really disturbing

Drillers pumped diesel into ground to hydrofrack

Full Article

To anyone who want to use this to start a new Thread, be my guest.

What are these idots thinking???

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Revolution in Tunsia.
Revolution in Eygpt.
Revolution in Lebannon?
Revolution at my heart.

Evil is not a devil. Evil is greed mixed with apathy.

The Corporate message destroyed the unions. The Corporate dollar monopolises an empire buying the Soverignty (SLAVERY) of developing nations.

Revolution is the street. It is the masses.
Call it what you want. The powerful are a hierarchy.
And empires don't last forever.
You may not give people real freedom. But without real food in their mouths while you take their freedom, they will come to your table and devour you.

edit on 1-2-2011 by Robin Marks because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Sisters. Brothers.

Did they fool with the slogans and the advertising?

There's more of us than them.

Did they dumb you down so much by the repeativeness and red tape?
Did you become so timid you can't even think of your children's future?

Keep letting them pour the poison down your children's gulletes.

You fracking fools.
Stand up.
Take a day off work. Disobey. Confront your own comsumptions and start somewhere damn. Push your neighbours, friends and those you knwo who've been shovelled over in this new foundation for the machine.

Do something damn it. And keep doing it. Shut the fracking tv off and start thinking. Stop thinking liberal/conservative. Start thinking rich vs the rest of us.

It's not communism. That's a slogan thrown around. It's real people power. It does not need to be a dictatorship. People can rise up and take back what's ours. Control. The banks, and markets and corporations have locked up every space on the Monopoly board and it's time for you to flip the game over and say let's try something else.

Something that doesn't include murder, despair or the destruction of the earth that sustains us.

Be a fracking rebel.

Kill your apathy.

Unplugg and plug back into a new channel. Boycott the mainstream media. Make them case us. Stop buying the name brands. Stop buying from places that have taken your jobs, Can't find it. Frack it. Find an old one. Fix an old one. Make one. Do without. But stop whining and fracking complaining. Men you've lost your balls. And Mom your so damn frightened you'd sell out your nieghbour. Stop the fracking madness already. It ain't working and you've got a bunch of criminal gangs in control and they all have a truce and decide what side street you live on. Frack them. And go frack yourself first. Look in the mirror and admit that you emable this. And the you embrace this. Because it's all you have and you're so damned afraid of everything. We're all a bunch of spineless wimps. People from a hundred years ago would whip our butts at work, rest or play.

We're fat, lazy stupid sheep. Enough already. Plop yourself down on the plate and tell them to eat you. Or stand up and push back.

Now leave me alone until you want a revolution.

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Two thirds water.

Aquifer.

we're sick.

ashen with a film of soot covering our eyes.

weak

come on you frackers- fight.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
and frack off if you want pretty words and pretty pictures.

i am truth

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
War burned down the Library of Alexandria.

War will burn down our library.

Unless we unite and overwhelm them, they will have time to continue to divide us and enable their war machine.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
It's almost a new moon. How appropriate.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
The ones who sturvived, were those that knew some of the old ways....

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
"If you're not turned on to politics, politics will turn on you."

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Scream.

The scream will not be a man or a woman. It will be the animal welling up from within you.
And it will burst forth in order to sheild one's self from the rolling terror.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
As angry as I am.

There is an overarching view I can't escape. I'm part of a universe.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Do you want to feel small?

It's a moonless night, walk outside and look up.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Breathe

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
If you're following the events in the middle-east, and you're confused, maybe I can help if you ask me a question. I'm no expert, but I've spent many years trying to wrap my head around the history and the politics that are shaping events. I've probably frightened everyone away with my impulsive posts. But it's good therapy. If I think I've articulated my frustrations, I feel slightly better. Never content. But I'm able to tone it down a notch.

Just offering my services if anyone's interested. I don't want to debate, nor am I taking sides in the broader war. But I will call it like I see it. As impartially as I can. Which is nearly impossible. Ask anyone who lives in the region. Maybe that's part of the problem. Making everyone choose sides.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
From reading some of your posts, are you sure that you don't need a break? LOL.. (just kidding) I can understand your frustrations at times. I really believe in your fracking theory. It really makes a lot of sense and it clearly is a problem. Anyone that doesn't see the probability of the effects that fracking is having on the New Madrid Fault simply don't want to see it or believe it for unknown reasons.

I live in the "quake zone" in Ky, and the New Madrid is always on my mind. Everyone I know and love would be in danger if it had the "big one". I have a question that I know you can't possibly answer, but I would like to know your guess on a possibility. Would you care to make a guess on how much more fracking that the Fault can take before it might go? A year? Or two? I know you don't like making predictions like this, and I in no way would hold you to it.

Do you have any idea how much damage that they might be doing each day with the fracking? Do they operate daily, or is there any way to tell if they do? How much do you think they have weakened the Fault by all of their fracking, and just how long have they been doing this? You might have answered this but I don't remember reading it. Forgive me if my memory is slipping.

Thanks Robin for your time in answering my questions. I wish there was a way to tell when it was coming, but theres not.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by kennylee

Time. When? That is the question that always drives my predictions. It always takes longer than I anticipate. Eygpt- no surprise there. I just thought it would have happen sooner. It need a catalyst.

Fracking before 2005 was rare. Fluid injection disposal has been around along time. They almost stopped when they realized it caused quakes. Fracking has only recently become widespread because it has become profitable, and laws have been "fracked". It is now running at production speed and is rapidly expanding. The affects are just now being seen. So the stress has started. The signs are the warnings.

If my thinking is right, then the trigger will be a combination of factors. The moon and tides, the weather, and precursor quakes are what you need to calculate risk. I think the Arkansas swarm are precursors. Funny, they seemed to have stopped for the moment. The Oklahoma quakes are part of this shift. I think we'll have more activity which will stand out as odd before a big quake. Maybe I'll put forth a better timeline after I let all this sink in. And I'm sure I've forgotten something.

If I'm just a quake, then maybe tonights new moon will show me I'm wrong. It's been quiet. And seems it real quiet now. Just watch the quakes and note the moon and see if they increase and we pass into the next phase. Remember don't just watch today and tomorrow. Follow the quakes and note them as we reach apogee on the 6th.

If the big one happens. It may not be a single quake. Of course there will be aftershocks. But that's not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about three big ones in a row over a short period. Off the top of my head, I believe there were three big ones over a span of three years that last time The New Madrid went off.

nuff

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Even in the gloom, I look for bright spots. The swarm in Arkansas seems to have stopped.

And suddenly.

I have no information or inside perspective, but I think they're conducting an experiment at the moment. I bet they've stopped the deep well disposal. Just like they did in Colorado. In a short while they'll start again and watch if they make quakes. I don't think they'll just stop and assume they're responsible. They'll want to know for sure. The state, I think in December, stopped issuing new permits for disposal. So they were obviously suspicious and reacted with a mortitorium. So keep an eye on Arkansas and see if you can when the disposal pause end.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
If you don't understand how important the events in Eygpt are, then you are not aware of the real danger.

I'm just going to randomly point out critical factors.
The Suez Canal. Go research that and then come by.
Israel.
The broader Arab world. The Tunsians went home and were placated. The Egyptians will not. Egypt has been in a police state in the mordern terms, for the last forty years at least. But you have to go even further back to understand the rage which is now being unleashed. They have been colonized and conquered too many times. This crisis is absolutley going to escalate. I've only heard one reasonable statement in the press that gave me a clue to what will happen next. A coup. The military will move against Mubarak. Maybe, and maybe it won't pascify the libertarians. Or. An outside power will move to implode the situation with a terrorist type act to confuse the whole ball of wax. Then the military can throw over Mubarak, then impose martial law, and promise the Egytians fair elections in the fall. The powers that be cannot not let this carryon in this manner for much longer.

Think Vietnam. There was an assaination.

The Egyptian revolution will not be contained much longer. Other Arab nations can keep the lid on their people, but not if the Egyptian situation imflammes tempers even further. You cannot forget the events driven by the United States in the gulf region of these many years. Believe it or not, the Arab populations have a very good grasp on history. Especially an history that has happened in the backyards and happened to their families. If the White House is not in a panic, and if this is not their foremost issue dominating every moment of their night and day, then I'm living in Wunderland. Yemen. Jordan. I could go on and on. Everyone of these nations are watching the events- no they are captive to the events because it will determine if their country explodes the next day.

Food Storages. If you haven't noticed are real. And the weather is going to make a bad situation even worse. Wait until the thaw. Floods galore. Austrailia has already taken a beating and it starting to show in markets. The Amazon just went through it's worst drought in what are called one in a century droughts. There was a another major drought in 2005. Now they'll flood like crazy and since the land is parched, you'll have amazing erosion. They'll be stresses on the food supply system for the next year- at least.

Food Storages were a contributing factor.
Unemployment.
When you have multitudes of young unemployed men, you get a generation ready to tear themselves apart. Usually a govenment with this problem picks a country to blame and mobilizes it's young men and sends them off to war. But who is Egypt going to go to war with. And they wouldn't get permission anyway. Right now, Mubarak has gone rouge. It's obvious when listening to the White House. The far Republican right this it's the second coming. And they have now become crazier than myself. And I'm certified. Stamped.

Israel. I don't see how they will let this stand. They will not sit by passively. They have already stated they have a problem because they'll be no one accountable on the border. And they are worried about smuggling into Gaza.

The middle east messes up even the experts. They forget that young Egyptians are on Facebook. They don't understand the digital age. Events are viral and rapid. And you can't shut down every avenue. Satelite phones. I don't think they've easedropped on Osama yet. Wink. The revolution is powered by a flash mob mentality. They can do the math. They feel the power in numbers. They if you have conviction to stand til you die. Nothing can stop you. Well, other than a massacre. Or a coup that takes the air out of their ballon and forces the armies hand.

done. and i was just skimming the surface

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I hear you Robin. I am glued to this event and thinking the same things you are.

I am waiting for the pyramids to activate...

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join