It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meaning behind this advertisement?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
If thats an alien its very human-like,
but then again if thats a human it looks like an alien...

I don't know man, weird.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Well I got the advertisement to duplicate, but the copy and paste didn't take me back to the advertisement, just some top 99 women of 2010 page

Lol

[edit on 5-4-2010 by Gumerk]

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gumerk
Well I finally got it to duplicate, so I copy and pasted. A very long link, let's see if it works.

0074462-8053504411270518422527&docTitle=Arianny%20Celeste%20Top%2099%20Women%20of%202010%20-%20AskMen.com

Doesnt work m8 all i got was Top 99 Women 2010

LOL

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Gumerk

I noticed that after it said "several days," it zoomed in on the cell door, and to me, there appeared to be an alien there, "See picture below". Now I don't think this was a real alien in the commercial, but what is the meaning for them to include an alien watching these people in solitary confinement?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d5270fc9260f.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/77313fabaee2.jpeg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a068703a4553.jpeg[/atsimg]

I have no doubts it's the image of an "alien grey type" behind the door. I quoted this term 'cos I don't believe the greys are indeed aliens, but cloned-bio androids engineered by ancient aliens. However after read the information that it's an advertisement about confinement tests, came to my mind that NASA/ESA are carrying a training program to simulate isolation conditions in a trip to Mars:

The European Space Agency is seeking six volunteers to spend 520 days inside a sealed isolation facility to study the psychological effects of a journey to Mars. The 2010 Mars-500 "mission" at the Russian Institute of Biomedical Problems in Moscow will simulate a round trip to the Red Planet – albeit shorter than the real thing – and follows a similar 105-day study that ended in July(...)

500 days Mars simulation

I don't know if it could be co-related... Would be very interesting if you provided the link to this commercial video to prior investigation.

[edit on 5-4-2010 by ucalien]

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
That's a picture of a man's face. If you look closely you can see his eyes, nose, mouth and chin. The white triangle is a reflection of the corner of a set of fluorescent lights off the glass window. The appearance of an other-worldly creature is an optical illusion.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ucalien

Trying to get a working link now bud. Every time I get the advertisement to duplicate my copy and paste takes me to Top 99 Women of 2010 lol

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by maria_stardust

I still can't see a mans face. I called my wife over and asked her opinion, and she said it was a mans face from the get-go, but I still see an alien-like face

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gumerk
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Yeah that's what I'm asking. Maybe I should re-word it. It looks even more like an alien in the short advertisement. I'm not saying I believe the alien is real, I'm asking if there are any hidden agendas, symbolism, conspiracy, or if it's nothing really.

I haven't seen the advertisement, but I enlarged the picture you posted in the OP and it looks like this:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e77cf7ae007a.png[/atsimg]

If that looks like an alien, now I finally understand why people are seeing aliens!! So thanks for solving that mystery! The face looks human to me, though it's not the clearest image I ever saw, I don't see anything suggesting it's non-human.

[edit on 5-4-2010 by Arbitrageur]

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Gumerk

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a0a56381a263.jpg[/atsimg]

Hope this helps clarify the image.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   

That's a picture of a man's face. If you look closely you can see his eyes, nose, mouth and chin. The white triangle is a reflection of the corner of a set of fluorescent lights off the glass window. The appearance of an other-worldly creature is an optical illusion.

I don't know what kind of man you are using to compare with that image, but I've seen NO ONE ethnic group on Earth, where people have a huge head like that and round black glazed eyes. I guess interesting someone affirming that it **IS** an "optical illusion" with such air of "forensic analysis". Just tell me... Based exactly in WHAT you state it's a human image??? Unless you have some image showing the backstages of the video, actors, make up, costumes, etc, the "optical illusion" explanation sounds another blasé skeptic speculation. In the other hand there's nothing preventing that the face behind the door is grey-like type.

[edit on 5-4-2010 by ucalien]

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Odo spying on quark.

[edit on 4/5/2010 by dashar]

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Indeed I see all of those, but I think it's the shapes and proportions that are throwing me off. The shape of the head and eyes just don't look human to me.
Also, in your description above, the mouth and chin are lower than I see them ending. Are you saying the face stretches that far down the window or no? I see the chin ending a bit past your nose description.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ucalien

The image is all ready slightly grainy. Therefore any attempt to zoom in will result in a distortion that is more difficult to discern. In other words, the greater the zoom, the greater the distortion -- hence the illusion of an alien.

If you look at the image without zooming in on it, it is easier to see that there is a man's face. The eye on the left is partially covered and in shadow. The eye on the right is also partially covered by the window's frame and only the interior white of the eye is visible. The white triangular reflection from the fluorescent light ends directly on the tip of his nose. If you look closely you can see the bottom portion of his nostrils. It is hard to discern his top lip, but the bottom lip is defined. His mouth appears to be closed. Directly above the handrail you can make out a slight cleft on his chin.

I believe that the white triangular reflection from an exterior light is what is throwing everyone off.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Gumerk

Part of the distortion you're seeing is a result of only seeing a "strip" of his face.

Try this: look at an image (preferably black and white) of a straight on head shot and take a couple of sheets of white paper and place them on both sides of the face to where the eyes are partially covered on each side. You'll notice that the tight focus changes the overall appearance of the face.

Hope that helps.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Hmm..I covered up the light and tried to look at it with fresh eyes. I could sort of make out the lips and chin, but couldn't tell if I was "making" them appear or if they were really there. If that is one face without the light, the figure has a very large face and head lol, and the eyes still throw me off. Also, are they balding? Can we be sure that the light is a reflection, or is it light coming through? That would make a whole lot of difference.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   

The image is all ready slightly grainy. Therefore any attempt to zoom in will result in a distortion that is more difficult to discern. In other words, the greater the zoom, the greater the distortion -- hence the illusion of an alien. If you look at the image without zooming in on it, it is easier to see that there is a man's face. The eye on the left is partially covered and in shadow. The eye on the right is also partially covered by the window's frame and only the interior white of the eye is visible. The white triangular reflection from the fluorescent light ends directly on the tip of his nose. If you look closely you can see the bottom portion of his nostrils. It is hard to discern his top lip, but the bottom lip is defined. His mouth appears to be closed. Directly above the handrail you can make out a slight cleft on his chin.

Bla bla bla pixel distortion bla bla bla optical illusion bla bla bla tricks of light and shadow... Sorry, but this explanation is a cliche of the best seller "UFO debunked for dummies". I guess the confusion here is that the topic isn't stating that this image IS an alien behind the door, but whatever it is, an actor, a CGI render or a toy, it indeed presents anatomical characteristics very similar to a humanoid grey type. So, everybody that is seeing this similarity is "wrong, blind or misled by tricks of light an shadow"??? Please... What prevents a subliminal message imputed in that image?? What the history behind this advertisement??? Unfortunately the author of the post didn't provide a link to more detailed information, but I can see the similarity.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4d320a996056.jpg[/atsimg]

Well, the image above is a picture of a supposed hybrid human-grey, very known in the internet. Below I photoshopped it with the original advertisement pic, simulating the blur and low-contrast conditions:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1dba2eba409b.jpg[/atsimg]

If you hadn't seen the alien photo before, you also would say that it's a "man image under imagery distortions"...

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ucalien

I tried to get a link bud, but no success so far. Best advice I can give is go scan through Askmen.com and maybe you will get that advertisement. That's how I got it to duplicate, but the link I got in my address bar wouldn't take me back to that advertisement.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
So here is another screen shot of the advertisement. I had to scan through the Top 99 Women of 2010 to get it to show up. When I got to number 73, the advertisement showed again.

By the way, is there any way to get the second page of this thread fixed so that it doesn't stretch across the screen so much, causing people with smaller monitors to have issues viewing it?

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ucalien
Bla bla bla pixel distortion bla bla bla optical illusion bla bla bla tricks of light and shadow... Sorry, but this explanation is a cliche of the best seller "UFO debunked for dummies".

You're seeing what you want to see. If you are insistent upon seeing an alien then that's what you're going to see.

I offered a clear and rational explanation as to what is in that photo. You either accept or not.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   
i see exactly what your pointing at. lol. it does closely resemble an alien. mainly the shape of the head.
they coulda just put it in there to mess with people.
in my time watching the bewb tube, ive realized that alot fo the stuff they throw in here and there is just to mess with you.
lol
but it could be just the angle. ya never know what tv people are up to these days.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join