It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meaning behind this advertisement?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by maria_stardust

I offered a clear and rational explanation as to what is in that photo. You either accept or not.

Once that the UFO subject is still not officially recognized, in the most of cases hardly denied or covered by the world wide governments and military authorities, any person that mention it, as support in a conversation, will be socially treated like an "irrational". In the other hand, any person that use the skeptic cliche "it's all about imagery distortions and tricks of light and shadow", will be treated like the rational one.
**Deep sigh**

I can't see how "accept or not accept" something that nor even is admitted...

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Gumerk

Pareidolia.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by wartooth420

You got the point: Subliminal message.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
The alien face is just an optical illusion caused by the reflections on the glass in front of the guys face.

Here's a rough sketch to help people see the features of the 2 faces.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by The Shrike

Pareidolia.

In short, Pareidolia is the act of to see a certain image, that the mind wants to see... But when you see a certain image that the others DON'T WANNA you had seen, what we should call??? "Coverupdolia"???

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by freelance_zenarchist

Well I can honestly see the argument against this better now, but what about the lip like slit to the right of the nose in the human pic? Furthermore, how can we be sure that is not light coming through an opening, because I can see how the light protrudes onto the image a bit. The whole thing is just weird

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Gumerk

All I see to the right of his nose is the white triangle, which is light shining on the glass, meaning it's in front of him.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by freelance_zenarchist

Well, to the left from our viewpoint, but to the right on the figures face, and I can't tell if that light is coming from behind the figure or reflecting off the glass.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   
I don't know what it actually is, but one thing I do know is that it does not look like a human's face at all. From the large, black eyes and the long strip descending from the forehead, to the curving cheeks giving the impression of a long, narrow jaw. Honestly, I think they photoshopped it to look like a traditional "Grey" alien peaking out, which is probably intended to have a subliminal effect: the alien face symbolizes alienation. It makes sense considering that the subject of the ad was solitary confinement.

*edit*

After seeing freelance_zenarchist's post, I can see now how it can be a human face. It might have to do with whether you are left or right-brained that determines which face you see, because you can clearly see both upon "switching views." Again, I think the picture was intentionally created in a way that would have a subliminal effect on the viewers -- an alien being symbolic for alienation.

[edit on 6-4-2010 by hermantinkly]

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   
well i think it is intresting the way they photgraphed it i think there is some kind of secret message in this you just have to look but dont just see the image

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by freelance_zenarchist
The alien face is just an optical illusion caused by the reflections on the glass in front of the guys face.

Here's a rough sketch to help people see the features of the 2 faces.

All I could see was an alien face until you posted that. I can see that it is a human.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by ucalien

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1dba2eba409b.jpg[/atsimg]

Thanks man, now I'm totally not getting sleep tonight.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Monsterenergy791

I'm with you on this one.
Just a creepy dude with angular features.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Looks like a guy peeking out a window. Nothing Alien looking about him to my eye.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Monsterenergy791
I see a human male standing behind the door.

Who else agrees with me?? (or I'm I just deranged?)

Yes, I do too. A very bald, big headed human male with gigantic eyes.

Edit: Ah nvrmind, I see him now after someone pointed it out in those images. Optical illusion from hell right there.

[edit on 6-4-2010 by DaMod]

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Whatever that thing is, it's evil.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Okay, gotta admit all I could see at first was a freaky alien face too.

But now since someone's kindly drawn around where the man's face is, I can see that instead - weird how a wee triangle of light can throw off our perception like that.

Mind you, I think the man's face is actually freakier than the alien was.

Not gonna sleep tonight, either way.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
The bit of White under the left eye and the retina reflection is what's causing the illusion.

Fil it in and you can clearly see a Woman?

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gumerk
reply to post by maria_stardust

I still can't see a mans face. I called my wife over and asked her opinion, and she said it was a mans face from the get-go, but I still see an alien-like face

[edit on 5-4-2010 by Gumerk]

Me too. I see a grey. I've tried refocusing my eyes, relaxing them to see something else. But I saw a grey the first time, and the only thing I see is a grey.

Oh. No I see the human now. And I'll tell you what - he is WAY FREAKING CREEPIER than the freaking grey was.

[edit on 2010/4/6 by Aeons]

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 07:25 AM
link   
I see an alien... It could very well be a reflection or some of the other things mentioned. It dont really look like, 'just a guy' to me. At first glace it looked quit creepy. I think presentations like this invoke our subconscious some how and we get what we get. Kinda like the ink blot cards in the IQ test. Where some ppl just see a cat and some ppl see a mural with Jesus.

What ever it is. One thing is for sure. It's quite....disturbing. So it seems they achieved the desired affect with the scene.

[edit on 4/10/10 by Dracan6]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join