It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meaning behind this advertisement?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Hjello,

I recently saw a quick internet commercial for "National Geographic, Solitary Confinement." It documents peoples reaction to solitary confinement, and gives the viewer a glimpse of the experience. Anyway, in the quick internet commercial it flashes a few words across the screen and quick scenes. I noticed that after it said "several days," it zoomed in on the cell door, and to me, there appeared to be an alien there, "See picture below". Now I don't think this was a real alien in the commercial, but what is the meaning for them to include an alien watching these people in solitary confinement? Is it supposed to symbolize them feeling alienated or what? Also, if this is the wrong forum my apologies. Thanks for any input.

[edit on 5-4-2010 by Gumerk]

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gumerk
it zoomed in on the cell door, and to me, there appeared to be an alien there.

I don't understand your post, you're not saying the image you posted shows an alien looking through the door, are you?

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Gumerk

I looked at the pic before reading and had a holy crap moment lol. It really does look like an alien but surely it's just the shadowing and camera angle. Scary lol .

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Yeah that's what I'm asking. Maybe I should re-word it. It looks even more like an alien in the short advertisement. I'm not saying I believe the alien is real, I'm asking if there are any hidden agendas, symbolism, conspiracy, or if it's nothing really.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Gumerk

Hi!
Interesting idea... is there any chance it's just a reflection?
Or are you saying that it may be supposed to be a reflection that is subliminally registered as an alien...?

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I see a human male standing behind the door.

Who else agrees with me?? (or I'm I just deranged?)

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I guess I must be missing something. It's a commercial for a show about solitary confinement and it shows a MAN (IMHO) looking through the glass in the door. Is the man what you are calling the alien?

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by wagtail

Right, it could be a reflection, but I don't know, because it's pretty consistent in the short advertisement. Why would they put this in there, and is it a subliminal message?

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

Indeed. The figure in the door is what I am referring to, be it a man, alien, reflection, or whatever. In the advertisement it looked even more like an alien. Perhaps I am seeing what I want to see, but I can't make out a man in that door.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
i think it's probably just made to look "doomy".
and that it does. lol
does kinda look 'alien', but to me it more resembles the face from those dumb SAW movies. without the red paint. lol
reminds me of a strange dream i sometimes have.
just the 'vibe' of it, not the figure.
weird.

[edit on 5-4-2010 by Ahmose]

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Monsterenergy791

Agreed all i see is a con looking down no alien here or any hidden agendas, symbolism, conspiracy etc.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Looks like an alien to me also, i can see large eyes, big round head and a little gap between the head and shoulder where light is comming through..dunno..but it sure is odd

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by baddmove
Looks like an alien to me also, i can see large eyes, big round head and a little gap between the head and shoulder where light is comming through..dunno..but it sure is odd

The gap between the head and shoulder is just a reflection of the lights in the prison - the triangle-shaped reflection.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I see an alien - like figure. the thing is, why is it there?

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Monsterenergy791

Deffinetely not me ....

what i see is a wierd looking biological entity ...

human or non human i dont care , for what i care though , is that this is deffinetely wierd ...

Let me put it this way , let us supose that apes where as smart as we are and never had seen as before ...

so we take an ape from his natural inhabitance , and show to him photos of human males , well , i dont think that ape would state that this photo looks to what he has been shown before .....

will you agree with me on that

of course this does not mean that this is an alien .... but stating smthng like that when is profound that it does not resemble like a man , as we know a man in the todays world

just makes you wonder that many people are biased to answer alwayz the easy answer : NO ....

reflections ? i dont know ... a prank ? maybe ... cameras angle ? highly possible ...

but certainly wierd looking

[edit on 5-4-2010 by Marsel]

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Monsterenergy791

you know, it's funny , but can actually see it both ways. I see the alien looking thing and if i look long enough i see a mans face, still odd though. good find, i like it!

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Gumerk

Well, I guess these things are so vaguely represented you're going to be hard pressed to say what it is or isn't...

Everyone is going to have their own opinion, and all equally valid-

on the other hand if it IS on purpose then that's the idea and it's done a great job because it's not meant to be obvious but if it's affecting your subconcious and you pegged to it!

Personally I think it's a reflection, however, advertising is notorious for subliminals right?
And they generally leave very little to chance when designing media...so, yeh, interesting to say the least.
=)

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Could you provide the link to the site or the video where you saw this commercial?

Thanks.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleObserver

It was from Askmen.com. I actually followed another link from a totally unrelated site and got that link, but I've gone back and tried to get that advertisement again, and now I can't seem to find it. Maybe it's one of those pages where random advertisements come up? I hope that helps, and maybe you can get it to come up and view it in real time.

[edit on 5-4-2010 by Gumerk]

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Didn't they state this was a study of people in isolation or solitary confinement? Since it was a clinical study, there are of course people always present to observe, and record changes and data.

This is who I see in the photograph. Just a simple man, or one of the observers. The light is reflecting off his face on his left apparently, causing one of his eyes to look all sparkly, and another little flash of light mid-face.

But alien, no, I don't see one.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join