It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks Video Released!!

page: 59
<< 56  57  58    60  61  62 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
All you foreigners who are bashing America....lets see the nation you hail from. We can discuss the horrid acts of your leadership as well. All of you, all of humanity, has blood on its hands.

Again - this is not about bashing America.

Its about a war crime on video.

Can you not see that? Can you not understand that shooting an unarmed wounded man crawling away from a kill zone - and the people who came to render his aid and posed no threat to the pilots of the helicopter whatsoever is an inhumane barbaric act?

I'd be condeming this regardless of who's countries armed forces did it.

Don't try and hide a war crime behind some blind idea of patriotism. Call it what it is.

Its vile.

[edit on 6/4/10 by neformore]

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

I do think us Americans need a little bashing but feel that some have gone too far. I do understand that many have a very emotional response to video like this though. And I sure do agree with your wife. Taking an incident like this and using the actions of a few to disparage an entire group of people is just wrong.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Compulsionist

i hope you reserve enough disgust to have a serving for yourself.

You haven't yet told me from where you hail. Of course, it is a long and fast thread, so i may have missed it.

But, given the way you speak English here, I would bet that you come from a nation that has supported just about every action that the US has taken as of late.

I would bet that the leaders of your country supported the election of Obama, the man who did more predator strikes in his first year than Bush did in 8 years. 'we went from "warlike" to "more warlike".

Are you willing to quit YOUR job, and sit around doing some kind of protest? Once you start, i may join. Go ahead.

Some people have BIG opinions....and that is about all. To wax philosophy, you have to employ logic.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by neformore

Are you not reading posts? There is most assuredly American bashing going on. I completely agree that the video shows blatant war crimes but is that an excuse to say 'I will not allow Americans in my country!' ?

Wanted to add: Not sure if you are implying no one here is bashing Americans or if you are telling people they should knock it off...

[edit on 6-4-2010 by Raustin]

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Jimmy1880

What is the address to email the BBC?

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Sadly that video could be a clip from the film Team America.

The lyrics to the title song are very apropos...

www.lyricsmode.com...

[edit on 6-4-2010 by Labrador Retriever]

[edit on 6-4-2010 by Labrador Retriever]

link   
reply to post by Oouthere

Did you watch the video?

Did you read the transcript?

It wasn't an accident!

It wasn't, oops we accidently killed some people, oh damn, we can't stop....oh dear what a terrible accident we slaughtered all these people.

link   

So, since you quoted me and made those comments, I can assume that you disagree with me? We SHOULD blame 300 million Americans for what happened on that video? Other nations don't behave just as reprehensibly in war?

If those men are brought up on charges, i would not argue. It should happen. But that doesn't mean that the entire nation goes on trial.

Edit to add: if its not about bashing America, then perhaps you could have a talk with Compulsionist? This is who i am talking to.

[edit on 6-4-2010 by bigfatfurrytexan]

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kram09
reply to post by Oouthere

Did you watch the video?

Did you read the transcript?

It wasn't an accident!

It wasn't, oops we accidently killed some people, oh damn, we can't stop....oh dear what a terrible accident we slaughtered all these people.

You tell me, why would someone with a 2' lens be wondering around? That is pretty close to the size of a LAW. You do not know what their operating orders are....it was probably to engage any armed person in the area.

This is my last post...my point of view has been given.

Rich

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Also to attack the people coming to help out was breaking the Geneva convention and it's on camera so I hope these guys get the jail time they deserve.

And not just the guys involved, but also those higher ups who tried to cover this up. They also should do time.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by anon72
Here are the Transcripts of the pilots during the attack.

www.timesonline.co.uk...=OTC-RSS&attr=797093

I was reading that, and I thought this comment to be odd.

Roger Hotel Two-Six [Apache helicopter 1], uh, [this is] Victor Charlie Alpha. Look, do you want your Hotel Two-Two two el-

Ground patrol speaking to Apache, says, This is VCA, look, do you want your H22 (2) eliminated?

link   

Originally posted by Reign02

Originally posted by Asherah
Also, I don't think anyone should get to call themselves crazy horse as a nickname, especially those who have no honor. I'm done.

its a callsign not a nickname............. When you are out on patrols you all get callsigns My squadron were called Lion1, Lion2 etc

Sometimes it depends on what your squadron or company mascot is.

Ours was a Griffin and people that worked on our base were eagle1 or Talon1 etc and off base was lion.

Thank you for explaining this, and I do appreciate it. But Crazy Horse is not a mascot, and it is insulting for his memory to be used by military forces as some call sign. I realize that this is of course petty, in the midst of the matter here. You have to understand as a native american woman, it is stomach turning to see such dishonor mingled with a name that is part of my ancestry.

[edit on 6-4-2010 by Asherah]

link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

So, since you quoted me and made those comments, I can assume that you disagree with me? We SHOULD blame 300 million Americans for what happened on that video? Other nations don't behave just as reprehensibly in war?

If those men are brought up on charges, i would not argue. It should happen. But that doesn't mean that the entire nation goes on trial.

Edit to add: if its not about bashing America, then perhaps you could have a talk with Compulsionist? This is who i am talking to.

[edit on 6-4-2010 by bigfatfurrytexan]

you got a valid point there!

you dont slay the whole henhouse cause you find 2 rotten eggs...
and every nation has those "rotten eggs" so stop the bashing.

anyways, that video sturred up feelings in me i thought didnt exist anymore... its always wrong and hideous when innocent get caught in the line of fire, no matter the nationality or whether it is a suicide bomb or attack chopper... this world is going mad

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   

everyone seems to be missing the point of this horrible peice of history. of couse its disgusting, evil, and unnecessary: its war. but the cover up and denial of this is infinitely worse. incidents like these will forever happen daily/weekly as long as scum in positions of power are denying it ever happened. for every cockroach you see in your home theres 100 more. everytime a victim speaks out against a child molester, there's five who didn't. does anyone think this is an isolated incident?

[edit on 6-4-2010 by riffraff]

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by riffraff

VERY good points. The most disturbing part is the refusal to release info to Reuters after they filed a FOIA request. Sure backfired on the brass didn't it?

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   
AMericans wonder why they are so despised around the world. A bet this sort of thing happens wherever America sticks its knows in where it doesn't belong. To the American military, I hope you all get the karma you deserve, you SOBs.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   
The #1 left-leaning internet news site has picked it up and given it the respect it deserves:

Earlier today, I wrote about the cover-up by the U.S. military in Afghanistan of the deaths of five civilians, the Pentagon's forced retraction of its story, and the way in which the U.S. media (as usual) mindlessly disseminated their original false claims.

Those two stories came together perfectly when WikiLeaks today released a video of the U.S. military, from an Apache helicopter, slaughtering civilians in Iraq in 2007 -- including a Reuters photojournalist and his driver -- and then killing and wounding several Iraqis who, minutes later, showed up at the scene to carry away the dead and wounded (including two of their children). The video (posted below) is truly gruesome and difficult even for the most hardened person to watch, but it should be viewed by everyone with responsibility for what the U.S. has done in Iraq and Afghanistan (i.e., every American citizen).

www.crooksandliars.com

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Concerning the men holding AK-47's. My husband actually has been in the area 3 times. He says AK's are common and you can carry one if you get a permit. Simply having an AK-47 doesn't make someone an insurgent.

[edit on 6-4-2010 by antonia]

new topics

top topics

<< 56  57  58    60  61  62 >>

join