It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks Video Released!!

page: 62
<< 59  60  61    63  64  65 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by MajinRoshi

You claim others don't know what they are talking about....

Then its time you prove to us that you do. Put up or shut up!

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Please can you send me the link?

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Compulsionist

Oh well WOW! A revolution in a country with what, 300k people? That pot is a little easier to stir than say America with 300 MILLION.

link   

Originally posted by MajinRoshi
reply to post by Raustin

but when they shoot a man crawling on the ground it is a war crime.

No, it isn't. You're just making # up that sounds good. Otherwise, prove it. I gave a list of documents that say it is ok when given permission. Wat have you provided other than your totally uneducated guess?

Man are you joking me. You just confirmed that you have nothing to do here but spray bull.

I am a former soldier and have been thought the rules of engagement. You have not and you just confirmed it.

link   

Originally posted by Raustin
reply to post by wayno

This 'ol boy has irritated me a bit but saying he's a 'disinfo' agent just because he signed up yesterday to comment on this thread is incredibly naive. He should have his opinion heard, just as you should. Let him speak. I do agree that the film is a bit propaganda-y and I'm glad someone else has the character to state their beliefs.

I am sorry but this guy's comments are intentionally abrasive and demeaning. He goes far beyond just stating an opinion. He has a very clear agenda and proven methodology -- something like brainwashing, he has, in my opinion, been sponsored to come on here and sway the opinion that the majority here otherwise hold.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by MajinRoshi
reply to post by neformore

Its about a war crime on video.

Yet, you have no idea what you're talking about. You call it a war crime based on what? A propaganda video that CLEARLY has an agenda? You guys crack me up. Deny ignorance, unless it conflicts with your pre-conceived notions.

[edit on 6-4-2010 by MajinRoshi]

A propaganda video that clearly has an agenda? This wasn't a video put together by moveon.org or code pink. The video speaks for itself. An unarmed man crawling away, then a couple of rescuers pull up and are CLEARLY picking up a wounded man, not weapons, not RPGs'. And they are fired on and killed. That's what the video shows. No agenda there. I love how when uncomfortable info comes out, it gets labeled "lib propaganda", or part of "their agenda" and then dismissed. Must make it easy that way, never having to debate something rationally, just label and dismiss. It would be comical if it weren't for the fact that these are such serious issues.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

I have, you're the ones making all kinds of baseless claims and accusations. I posted 3 of the ROE references where it says these guys were in the clear. What have you all posted other than emotional drivel? Why don't you have to prove what you claim to know?

reply to post by spy66

Bull. I posted the 3 references that prove my position. Go back and look. Again, what have you posted? Nothing but accusations based on a propaganda video.

A propaganda video that clearly has an agenda? This wasn't a video put together by moveon.org or code pink. The video speaks for itself.

The video makes all kinds of judgments without all the facts. The title of the video claims its murder for # sake.

Must make it easy that way, never having to debate something rationally, just label and dismiss. It would be comical if it weren't for the fact that these are such serious issues.

You just described yourself and most of the people in this thread. Look in a mirror sometime.

link   
Wonder why they show this like it was in infrared. It must have been done during the day.

They're on a street in front of an open, uh, courtyard with a bunch of blue uh trucks, bunch of vehicles in the courtyard.

The only way pilot could have know the vehicle was blue, was if it was done during the day. Also, photographers were taking pics.

So, they could see the cameras. Even on the infrared one can tell they are cameras.

Also, the must have been a visual on the ground too.

Whole thing reeks like a delibarate elimination of journalist who stumbled on something they should not have (according to the Roman generals)

link   
reply to post by wayno

Well if he has, I have to say he'll have to try harder because he isn't doing a very good job.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Says who? You? It happens all the time! You think the brits or danes haven't killed innocent people while fighting an enemy that surrounds itself with civilians, for this very purpose? The bad guys do this, because they know there are a lot of folks like you that will go nuts over it.

Again, what makes you think you're so educated on this subject?

Because I live in a free country. ...and can voice my opinion... I am surrounded in my life with military, both former and active... To a man, all have seen combat to some degree or another. My father combat in three wars... WWII, Korea, and Vietnam, he'd be sickened at this. My brother, who saw combat in Iraq in two tours would be sickened... Friends, all of whom have seen combat in various places in the world, are sickened...

What do the Brits or the Danes have to do with this? This is about the behaviour of those pilots in the helicopter. If it makes you feel better, I'd be condemning this if it were the Danes or Brits...

So because the "bad guys" do this, it excuses us? No. sorry. My military should stand for something a bit more than "they do it, so should we." America does not, or at least, should not condone this...as you, sir, are doing.

These were stupid actions, bordering on criminal. Excuse it as you will...or have...will continue to do.

link   

Please can you tell me the time mark when you think you see weapons, so I can rewatch the video again?

link   
double post

[edit on 6/4/10 by Kram09]

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Triple post

[edit on 6/4/10 by Kram09]

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
The video somehow reflects what US troops have become

and there is no denying that

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by wayno

Or he may just hold an unpopular opinion. Occam's razor my friend. I agree with a number of things he has brought up and am glad he is challenging us to think. But I'm a disinfo agent too.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by seagull

What do the Brits or the Danes have to do with this? This is about the behaviour of those pilots in the helicopter. If it makes you feel better, I'd be condemning this if it were the Danes or Brits...

Really? where are the threads? Link us all up to your thread about Brits and danes accidentally killing innocents. Given your extensive knowledge of the subject, you should know what I'm talking about.

However, I'm guessing you're just talking smack.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Having watched the video, honestly.. I wouldnt have been able to distinguish that large camera under his arm.
Seriously, had you not read these men were reporters, how could you tell?

They were walking around with large objects under their arms, with men carrying ak's and rpgs.

sorry, but i cant say this is the US military's fault.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by seagull

Unarmed people got shot. That is a screw up, whether accidental or deliberate. It should not have happened.

Of course it shouldn't ...

And though a valiant effort is being made on this thread by some to defend the thin khaki line ... in the end and in the context to the truth of that day it doesn't matter what their spin/take is, it matters little what yours and mine are, for we can trust the take of those who really know what happened ... so once again for it bears repeating:

The military doesn't LIE about Righteous Kills!

They lie when THEY know it's was wrong!

Our opinions are important, but only because we have a right to know and vote/act accordingly, but despite mental somersaults by some to try to justify this video when we can all recognize snuff when we see it, it is still not required to glean the truth.

The behavior of those who know points the clear truth.

link   

Please can you send me the link to the wiki article which states the man were armed as you claimed it did.

Also at what time mark on the video did you see weapons?

I already asked but you haven't responded so far.

One last question. In the video, were the American personnel fired upon at any point?

link   
reply to post by Kram09

Please can you tell me the time mark when you think you see weapons, so I can rewatch the video again?

Find it yourself. I posted images around page 9 or 10. The fact still remains that you cant watch a video on youtube over and over again now, while passing judgment on guys who didn't have that ability. They're lives were on the line right then. If I saw guys with RPGs and another one behind a wall pointing something at my chopper, I'd ask for permission to engage too. Any soldier would. Even you if you if you were there.

Please can you send me the link to the wiki article which states the man were armed as you claimed it did.

So, you haven't even read the article and you're reacting the way you are. Unbelievable.

new topics

top topics

<< 59  60  61    63  64  65 >>

join