It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks Video Released!!

page: 58
<< 55  56  57    59  60  61 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 08:04 AM
link   
this is right from Reuters people they got word!!!
and they have posted on their site

Leaked U.S. video shows deaths of Reuters' Iraqi staffers

www.reuters.com...

TextDavid Schlesinger, Reuters' editor-in-chief, said the video released by WikiLeaks showed the deaths of Noor-Eldeen and Chmagh were "tragic and emblematic of the extreme dangers that exist in covering war zones." "The video released today via WikiLeaks is graphic evidence of the dangers involved in war journalism and the tragedies that can result," he said. Reuters has pressed the U.S. military to conduct a full and objective investigation into the killing of the two staff.

[edit on 6-4-2010 by Wolfenz]

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   
the sun in the UK is so far the only paper to cover this !

Why hasnt the BBC got onto this yet ?

the sun - US attack journalists

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by MajinRoshi

Bahhhhh....What a weak argument , you are still cold-blooded killers.
You will still go down in history along with the Nazis.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Here are the Transcripts of the pilots during the attack.

www.timesonline.co.uk...=OTC-RSS&attr=797093

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by MajinRoshi
reply to post by XyZeR

words

Nice try once again, but helas,a failed one (yet again)

So i've proven your claims wrong ("OMG there's a dude with an rpg!!!! you even posted pics....") most people in this thread have done the same (proven you wrong), and now even the military is admitting it was a camera mistaken for an rpg, and what do you do when this is pointed out to you?

You begin bitching about islamic terrorists....only to stear the debate away from the realisation that someone has proven your apologetic claims wrong.

Nice try though!

BTw did you just sign up to ATS to post in this thread? it shows...

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Another video on the way ....being processed.

Afghanistan video , shows 97 people killed.

I´m betting all you gung-ho asshats can´t wait to justify that killing.

Keep in mind that these video's are being leaked from high up , someone in the US army has some integrity . Someone in the US army knows what stopped the Vietnam war, and that's seeing pictures and people realizing the atrocities performed in their name.

[edit on 6-4-2010 by Compulsionist]

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Wow watching CNN to see any coverage on this... and I just saw... "Signs that Iraq is getting back to normal"... I guess I expected as much. Well I'd like to say that I think that we shouldn't just look the other way and excuse this. I think we should reveal this kind of stuff and really go forward with it and DO something about it. So that we can find ways to make sure this kind of thing doesn't happen again or is less likely. Maybe I am just a nieve youth but isn't this a democracy? Isn't the military there to serve and represent America? This kind of stuff is going to go on until they are going to until the sons and daughters of these innocent civilians are going to come and kill my brothers and sisters... Why?? Because of carelessness and people looking the other way instead of leading the way. Punishing this sort of thing and make sure to learn from past mistakes! I hope I was clear with what I said and it actually made sense. 1st post so don't rough me up to me xD

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   
I think war is horrible and i just can't see how anything that happened in this video could be considered "legal".

I watched the short version, and i have a couple of things to say.

First, for me, there's no way that someone could mistake the cameras for a AK-47 or a RPG. But, maybe the soldiers were nervous and couldn't tell the difference.

So, they thought they were dangerous and attacked. But then, the wounded guy tries to save himself, and they still want to shoot him. That guy was clearly not a threat anymore. And then the van comes and tries to help the wounded. Again, not a threat. They are not carrying weapons or anything. They were just trying to save someone's life. But the soldiers shoot them anyway. And by doing that, they shot two inoccent children.

[edit on 6/4/10 by Canslli]

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by XyZeR

The military is stating that there were no weapons, true. They are not saying however, that the boys in the chopper could tell the difference. Either way when that video gets to the man crawling, and they open fire they begin committing a series of war crimes.

The children did survive, thank God, and I did see a picture of a boy holding a picture of his father, he was no longer in the hospital so I believe the children may have been taken to the Iraqi hospital if there injuries were not severe.

To Compulsionist, well I'm glad this incident has given you the little push to spew your hate towards the American people all over these boards. You're still welcome in my house, I'd even cook you dinner and chat about this whole mess. Get off your high horse slick, when you fall it's gonna hurt.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by vertedtwylight
Wow watching CNN to see any coverage on this... and I just saw... "Signs that Iraq is getting back to normal"...

Didn't they just have a whole bunch of people killed in coordinated suicide bombings? Just over the few days?

It doesn't sound like "back to normal" to me. Unless you consider the period between the first and second gulf wars normal.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by 911stinks
I don't trust the audio, and the captions. If you notice, it looks like there were other captions being covered up.

I believe they knew EXACTLY who these people were, and were intentionally silencing journalist.

How much you wanna bet, the conversation went more like,..

OK, we found em.

Take em out.

Take out all witnesses too.

Nice work, now get you ass home.

They're serving steak at the chow hall.

I'll go with highly improbable,
this shouldnt devolve into a fantasy thread.
I learned to never say impossible, but Highly Improbable.
Seems everyones looking for manners and decorum and
Marquess of Queensberry rules in a situation and environment that only a handful here have experienced.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by XyZeR

He openly admitted that he signed up to ATS to post in this thread and it is not your place to belittle him for that action. While I may not agree with everything he says, he has every right to say it here.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   
This isn't war this is Barbarity!

I am ashamed that I have to fight side by side with men like these. They broke most of the rules of engagement that were in place. They exaggerated claims of weapons so that the Air controller would give the Ok to engage. Absolutely disgusted.

Also to attack the people coming to help out was breaking the Geneva convention and it's on camera so I hope these guys get the jail time they deserve.

I really can't articulate the pain and utter disgust I felt whilst watching this I really can't.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Raustin

Look mate .

I have traveled the States extensively , I have only met nice people in my travels. I know a lot of Americans , Vietnam vets as well as regular people from all walks of life. You all seem to have one thing in common , you have lost your spirit , all I ever hear is " yeah , well , can´t do anything about it"

When in fact NO-ONE will stop this except you , when you actually decide it´s worth standing up and fighting for what is right.

And I have yet to meet an American face to face that isn't disappointed in where their county is heading.

And yet , you do nothing about it. Why is that exactly?

I'm just saying , how long does the rest of the world have to listen to this?
How long are we expected to wait patiently , non-agressive - politely asking you to stop slaughtering people? Seriously ?

That is why I have come to the conclusion ( and very logical one ) that I will hold all Americans responsible....and you know what , it might be a twisted world but it´s the logical thing to do.

Maybe you would wake up when the rest of the world turns their back on you, like I'm doing right now.

Call it hate , and yes I´m extremely angry at you, I might have stepped over the line , true .

BUT ...My decision stands.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by HappilyEverAfter

Marquess of Queensberry rules in a situation and environment that only a handful here have experienced.

No I think everyone is looking for people in that situation to obey the rules of engagement.

en.wikipedia.org...

After reading this^^ do you think they were followed?

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Compulsionist

If you've traveled the States extensively I have a hard time believing you've met only nice people
. I understand your anger, I feel it too. I'm gonna have a hell of a time storming the white house and changing everything though. There are a number of groups committed to getting us out of this war, and everyday people are starting to realize we need to keep our military here and not out 'peacekeeping' or waging phony wars. There is more that I could do, there is more that many of us could do, but quite a few are trying. I've joined a number of groups, and try to lend a hand as much as possible.

[edit on 6-4-2010 by Raustin]

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard

Wise words from a man who eats grasshoppers. But know this, if a man cannot come to respect and understand the way of war; war will find him and he will not be prepared to defend his right to live.

I respect your decision to remain a pacifist, but your commentary carries as much weight as understanding as a dog barking at a vacuum cleaner.

So you are asking be to RESPECT the idiots in that helicopter who attacked unarmed and innocent men?

Is that what you are asking me?

In fact my commentary carries MUCH more weight than yours, as i have contacted dozens and dozens of media and editorials aswell as doing my best to make this public.

It seems to me you are clutching at straws and your childish insults and vague metaphors do very little to back up your obnoxious attitude.

[edit on 6-4-2010 by mr-lizard]

[edit on 6-4-2010 by mr-lizard]

The journalists were unarmed. The men they were with were not. They were insurgents preparing to carry out an operation, which the journalists were going to document. The US military came upon the scene. saw some rifles, and assumed the whole group was doing something illegal.

I am horrified and shocked by what i saw. But I also know that I would be horrified and shocked to see the way animals are carried to the slaughter, or how an impaction was removed. There are jobs that I am not cut out for, so other people do them.

I am a large man. People don't mess with me because of my frame and intimidation. That is the furthest thing from my personality, as i am nonviolent enough that i don't kill bugs. I am not the kind of person who should be giving an opinion on how war is carried out. Like most here, i have no experience and sit in the peanut gallery giving an uninformed opinion.

So, knowing this, i try to temper my feelings on what i saw, with my viewpoint on the people I know. Soldiers, in general, represent all Americans. Some are very good men, some are neurotic, and then there is every flavor in between. We will see all sorts of behaviors exhibited by individuals. both in service and not.

My wife (the least political and opinionated person i know) had this to say after watching the 18 minute video: "I just hope we don't end up with another Vietnam. People better treat our soldiers right when they come home." Indeed.

I encourage you all to follow those wise words. These men and women do horrible things on our behalf, on behalf of America. Do you, the reader, agree with what they are doing? If not, then how do you change it? You elected Obama, along with "Hope and Change". Yet war still wages, and he has drastically increased missile strikes on targets just like this.

If you think these soldiers enjoy killing, deep in their hearts, you are just as misguided as the person who thinks we can elect a different president and get different results. Nothing is what it seems on the surface.

A couple of Sundays ago, Dateline did a show displaying an experiment that shows how people are "hard wired" to follow direction and take orders. If you say that you would not do what you were ordered to do, all i can say is that you likely are either being dishonest, or have not had the opportunity to see if you would.

So, as i said before, the only way to change it is to put in leadership that doesn't give these kinds of orders. Doesn't set this type of example. How do you do this? I don't know...i would suspect you could start by not voting for either party in any election. They are serving some other agenda, we don't need them. Elect individuals, who can think and stand on their own.

Other than that, i am unsure what else COULD be done. If this behavior isn't in our national character, then how does it get into our national representatives?

All you foreigners who are bashing America....lets see the nation you hail from. We can discuss the horrid acts of your leadership as well. All of you, all of humanity, has blood on its hands.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Just my guess, but most of you that have posted against what was seen have not been trained in war or have never been in combat. I'm not going to discuss my combat, but this was simply an unfortunate accident which incidently is not what was happening when the terrorists were beheading those on past videos.

When conducting war you don't make nice nor have hours to make decisions....sometimes you make decisions very quickly that immediately effects hundreds of lives. Call me an animal, but I'm probably one of the guys that you'd want between you and the enemy.

Rich

[edit on 6-4-2010 by Oouthere]

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   
This is all the coverage that the BBC have given this so far:

news.bbc.co.uk...

I urge you to Email them as I have done. The British people need to know of the Evil committed by our so called Allies. Our brave and ethical soldiers are forced to fight alongside these people. It's time it stopped.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

Originally posted by HappilyEverAfter

No I think everyone is looking for people in that situation to obey the rules of engagement.

en.wikipedia.org...

After reading this^^ do you think they were followed?

Hello Whaa,
If you read any of my prior posts you would see that I do not see ROE and that I stated that already.
You'd also see that that I'm not advocating the engagement, but I am also being realistic in understanding extended time in theater and its effects.
Do you or I have a solution?
No
We have a shared desire to have crap like this cease, and a shared frustration as we watch.
Maybe I'm understood a little better now?

new topics

top topics

<< 55  56  57    59  60  61 >>

join