It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks Video Released!!

page: 45
<< 42  43  44    46  47  48 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Made it on CNN

Washington (CNN) -- One of two photojournalists killed in a 2007 attack by a U.S. helicopter gunship in Iraq was being rescued when the gunship's crew fired on the van to which he was being carried, according to footage posted online Monday.

here

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   
First USA get out of there ! Sadam is out for a while now. Reconstruction and other lame arguments like that is not right. If the Iraqi citizens want help they will call for it no ?

The only thing you the USA (not the American becaus it include all america) are doing it's seeding hate all over the world ! why can you just stay in YOUR border? Is that hard to no bully the small one ?

It may be propaganda but hey let this balance the propaganda yourS presidents and his staff feeding you for years now.

Dont be upset if in your future holyday trip you take out of your so great contry you get bully by locals. Sorry but here in the north all i can see is disgust of your maners !

It's a shame You the ppl are not taking the street like in the '60 to make your voice over.

Give peace a chance !
(as always sorry for my english)

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   
What you people forget is when sadam was alive he killed a lot of his own people, so we "invade" to stop him, and now were the terrorists? But "iraqis with weapons" who mind you are looking for revenge on american soldiers, and you don't consider that an act of terrorism?! I think you are confused and most of you have it all twisted and are just looking for anything to make americans look like aholes...keep fighting the good fight..............

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   
www.ebaumsworld.com...

"Warning Graphic"

I'm going to say it again.
When you stay in theater too long, and it becomes a police action you are going to see this sh$t.
People are dying.
More will die.
You can look to the elite "leaders" for the cause and answer, especially since its the #1 source of employment for US citizens now.

link   
reply to post by OrphenFire

oh really? what are you the central scrutinize r? I watched it, and clearly disagree with you....too bad. I was in the service and did 2 tours in 90-91 Gulf Marine Recon....don't TELL me what is real and what isn't...what have YOU done guy? Jesus, i am SICK to death with people like this guy I'm responding too...you really don't know anything do you? Telling ME i need help?

Why don't you tell us all here in this thread why it's wrong..enlighten us. Explain to the entire class the way a war should be fought...outline for us your 'rules of engagement'...please...

link   
Oh I'm sorry is suicide bombing a terrorist act? I'm not sure....hmmmm

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Clisen33

You know what?
I'm tired of making people see the obvious BS that is going on.
"We" are the bad guys, "we" are not there to free them, we are there to kill whom ever gets in the way and whom ever gets near the oil.

What is the mission now? I forgot. Why are my friends dying over there for ?
Ohh yeah, to protect me, right?

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by jeddun

I also wonder why everyone jumped on this like flies on poop when they are OBVIOUSLY blowing themselves up with no regards to other people. I've said that a lot lately in this thread but it obviously means nothing.

I even posted a link to the April 5th suicide bombing that killed 43 people and wounding over a hundred. I'll post it again.

news.yahoo.com...

"Stunned victims in bloody clothes were loaded into ambulances as gray smoke rose over Baghdad."

'"I saw children screaming," Hassan Karim, 32, who owns a clothing shop in Baghdad, told The Associated Press. "Cars were crashing into each other in streets, trying to find a way to flee."'

So why the outrage to the wikileaks video that was edited to 17 minutes?

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by jeddun

Contradicted myself.

[edit on 5-4-2010 by Unlimitedpossibilities]

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   
furthermore...if what these soldiers did was 'wrong' why then after the shooting are they waiting for weapons to be held to continue their 'murder spree' so to speak? Wouldn't they just wantonly keep shooting? Pay attention for once....again this could be taken TOTALLY out of context, as an ex-marine i know how these operations unfold. I doubt your seeing 'everything'..this area is most likely a hot-spot so to speak.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeddun

oh really? what are you the central scrutinize r? I watched it, and clearly disagree with you....too bad. I was in the service and did 2 tours in 90-91 Gulf Marine Recon....don't TELL me what is real and what isn't...what have YOU done guy? Jesus, i am SICK to death with people like this guy I'm responding too...you really don't know anything do you? Telling ME i need help?

Why don't you tell us all here in this thread why it's wrong..enlighten us. Explain to the entire class the way a war should be fought...outline for us your 'rules of engagement'...please...

First mistake, I'm not a scrutinizer. Second mistake, I was also in the Military, buddy. This was a brutal lapse of judgement on the part of those pilots and gunners. This should not have happened. If I was in that same exact situation, I would have spoken up and questioned the legitimacy of engaging non-hostiles. They were OBVIOUSLY not hostile. Anyone can freely see that.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by loner007

Hopefully the American people, they're getting about fed up. Lets hope HAARP isn't all it's cracked up to be.

link   
Right ... a little refresher for those who are defending the soldiers' actions ...

That is not what today's release by WL was about!

On the day of the attack, United States military officials said that the helicopters had been called in to help American troops who had been exposed to small-arms fire and rocket-propelled grenades in a raid. “There is no question that coalition forces were clearly engaged in combat operations against a hostile force,” Lt. Col. Scott Bleichwehl, a spokesman for the multinational forces in Baghdad, said then.

But the video does not show hostile action. Instead, it begins with a group of people milling around on a street, among them, according to WikiLeaks, Mr. Noor-Eldeen and Mr. Chmagh. The pilots believe them to be insurgents, and mistake Mr. Noor-Eldeen’s camera for a weapon. They aim and fire at the group, then revel in their kills. nyt

Reuters has been trying to find out what happened to their reporter that day for years!
They did not answer their FOIA requests!
They lied to them and us about the circumstances of that days events!

Everyone has the right to their take on how things unfolded that day, but the above facts are indisputable!

Read the original report and see todays confirmation of the video by the US military.

THEY LIED!

Different stories, lies, obfuscation ... and that's BEFORE we even get to what the soldiers did.

link   
reply to post by Unlimitedpossibilities

ok, this particular response is ridiculous. Answer: whatever dude.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Clisen33

Because we are supposed to be the good guys.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   

yup..."ok" Orphan.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by HappilyEverAfter

I don't really understand what you're getting at. What does a video of a US serviceman being shot in the head have to do with anything? It's been a long day and I'm not trying to troll I just don't quite get it.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeddun
furthermore...if what these soldiers did was 'wrong' why then after the shooting are they waiting for weapons to be held to continue their 'murder spree' so to speak? Wouldn't they just wantonly keep shooting? Pay attention for once....again this could be taken TOTALLY out of context, as an ex-marine i know how these operations unfold. I doubt your seeing 'everything'..this area is most likely a hot-spot so to speak.

They were looking for an excuse to reengage the wounded man. And that engagement of the van? THAT WAS BLATANTLY AGAINST THE RULES OF ENGAGEMENT. No one in that area was hostile or even armed for Christ sake! They were trying to rescue their comrade!

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by neechi
What you people forget is when sadam was alive he killed a lot of his own people, so we "invade" to stop him

I believe that was only after we came up empty on the WMD's, minus those rusty bits of pre-1992 war crapola projectiles that were found in some desert oasis. Or was it Al-Qaeda in Iraq? Or... ah hell, it changed so many times as each hollow reason was brushed away for the "next best." Where were those mobile labs again? The ones that Colin Powell touted so proudly?

and now were the terrorists?

They fly planes into buildings here (if you believe that!) and they are terrorists. We fly helicopters there and blow kids to bits and we are liberators. Got it.

But "iraqis with weapons" who mind you are looking for revenge on american soldiers, and you don't consider that an act of terrorism?!

And why are they looking for revenge? What could possibly cause it?

Those kids that some so nonchalantly brush off as "casualties of war" have cousins, siblings, fathers, mothers, uncles, aunts, grandparents... do you think watching their child relatives get blown to bits and callously become titled as "casualties of war" are going to suddenly turn to love the US and their corporate representation (read: military occupiers) in Iraq?

I think you are confused and most of you have it all twisted and are just looking for anything to make americans look like aholes...keep fighting the good fight..............

Viva la Americana, keep fighting the good fight, bless our troops... don't let all that perverse twisting of the facts with "video evidence" get in the way. Blindly support the decisions that politicians that aren't fighting, won't fight now and will never fight in the future are laying out for you. Ignorance = Strength.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Elieser

They are already free, but yet they use that freedom to kill their own people. If they were civil enough to work with their own government, I'm sure we would have been out a long time ago.

top topics

<< 42  43  44    46  47  48 >>

join