It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man drives car into Parliment House wall

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by spearhead
reply to post by Fuzzy1

Tell me about it! 'The Australian' Australia's biggest newspaper didn't even report it. There would surely be surveillance cameras in the area.

Thanks for the information though Fuzzy1! Even the police aren't letting anything on. More likely trying to play down the whole thing.

There is a death involved,hence there will be an investigation.
I am sure more details will be revealed when they are available.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by asIam

ATS is a place where people can express their personal opinions on matters of interest. Please don't bring the 'what has happened to ATS' speel into this thread! Nothing has happened to ATS. It is what it is and it has always been what it is.

still nothing to report...

[edit on 6/4/10 by spearhead]

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I don't think he meant to go through the wall... More like he'd had enough and was making a statement. For some people, being powerless is hard to ignore when you have serious issues that need addressing (in your mind) and no-one is listening, nor cares. Not sure what the circumstances were leading up to the crash, but I sense an act of desperation.

Reminds of a story told to me by a friend in Vancouver who had once worked for Immigration Canada. Seems an East Indian guy had tried unsuccessfully for the umpteenth time to get legal status in Canada, and decided to show the authorities just how pissed he was at their decision not to grant him status. He decided to hang himself off a highway overpass with one end of a rope tied around his neck and the other to the overpass railing.
He jumped during peak hour one morning ... came apart at the neck. Not the image he wanted to leave behind, that of a frustrated, victimized, wannabe citizen of Canada swaying in the morning rush hour breeze with eyes staring and tongue lolling.

Regards

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Theres been several other attacks on TPTB, Though this is the most recent I've heard about an attack on parliament house.

Keep in mind the last time a parliament house was attacked. They named a day after it and actually celebrate it by reenacting the event with fireworks. Maybe we'll have a new holiday where we drive our cars into random walls.

In all seriousness though. This incident needs more attention that its been given. Hopefully the Government got the point, poor guy.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Wow, this suggests a serious lapse in security!

I'm just gonna check with a friend who used to work there, but I'm pretty sure cars aren't even allowed anywhere near our houses of parliament... ya know, after the whole Guy Fawks incident and all...

ETA:
Well waddaya know, you can drive round the Houses of Parliament!

Although, she added later:

"Ours have huge massive metal bollard type things lining the street, so that would be very unlikely to happen here"

^^ This is word for word from the text message, so I make no excuse for the poor description of the bollard type things,

[edit on 7-4-2010 by nik1halo]

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Poor guy.

wasn't a toyota was it?

Shame he couldn't tuck and roll. out of the vehicle.
also shame it wasnt the UK parliment.
Shame it wasnt the UK parliment, and it killed every corrupt bastard in there, while the guy tucked and rolled to safety.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Unfortunatly this whole event appears to have sunk into the never never, just the way TPTB needed it too.
Nothing more has been reported. And now I fear for the security of out nation!............. not!

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join