It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man drives car into Parliment House wall

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by spearhead
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

I totally agree with you. A poor man with nothing left to lose but his life and he threw it a wall in the hope it would create a statement. But as suspected the government and police are all 'hush hush' to protect their agenda and reputations. Not that they have much of a reputation.

Spearhead.....

Yeah.....I just hope it was an accident, even if the police said it was intentional.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 05:01 AM
link   

not easy to penetrate.

I'm still wondering if anymore will be reported by the media in regards to the incedent.

Maybe...may be not....

accidents do happen, but not there and not like that.

[edit on 5/4/10 by spearhead]

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Can someone edit that posted image and mark where the crash took place? Thanks!!

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 05:23 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/864cd3f9dbb3.jpg[/atsimg]

Parliment Drive is the square road that circum-navigates the actual grounds. There is not enough detail in the report to say where but its a road that goes nowhere but around and around so I can't imagine he was driving leisurely around the place at 2 o'clock in the morning.

My guess is he came from red arrow...

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Here is the story from the Australian Federal Police media:
www.afp.gov.au...

Police investigate incident on Parliament Drive Monday, 05 April 2010 ACT Policing’s Collision Investigation and Reconstruction Team (CIRT) is investigating an incident on Parliament Drive, Capital Hill, around 2.15am today (Monday, April 5) in which a male driver of a vehicle was found deceased. The vehicle driven by the deceased had collided head-on with a concrete wall. The incident is being treated as a deliberate act and will not be recorded as an ACT road fatality. No details relating to the driver’s identity will be released. Any witnesses to the incident who can provide information to assist the investigation are urged to contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000, or via the Crime Stoppers website on www.act.crimestoppers.com.au. Media enquiries: ACT Policing Media and Public Relations Ph: 02 6256 7460

If anyone wants to ring Australia from overseas and ask for the exact location, the country code is +61.

It is weird that the media in general has not reported this event given its potential severity. Hmmm...

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Fuzzy1

Tell me about it! 'The Australian' Australia's biggest newspaper didn't even report it. There would surely be surveillance cameras in the area.

Thanks for the information though Fuzzy1! Even the police aren't letting anything on. More likely trying to play down the whole thing.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by destiny-fate
brake failure or perhaps he was driving a Toyota ? Faulty accelerator ?

Exactly what i was thinking, id love to know what he was driving.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Surely at that time of night they would have all the roads into the grounds of parliament house cordoned off ?

[edit on 5-4-2010 by destiny-fate]

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by destiny-fate
reply to post by Frakkerface

Surely at that time of night they would have all the roads into the grounds of parliament house cordoned off ?

No our politicians and their staff basically work 24/7 when they're in parliament. They don't shut the place after "office hours" people come and go all hours of the day and night.

Sometimes they even stay there overnight.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Oh bugger...Just rang police media, got a young lass that was surprised at my enquiry. She asked me what my connection was to this...(gulp)
I told her the truth...I'm on a website that's asking questions etc...I even asked if the incident was related to terrorism.
I heard lots of clicking on the keyboard...She said that police media was closed, hence here surprise at my enquiry.
She would not give out any info at all, other than, "what was on the police media" site.
I asked her many questions...what, where, when etc...She ended up saying police media will be able to answer my questions tomorrow when they were open. She said "good bye" and hung up.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by belial259

I was told by someone that after hours - government officials only used one entry point into the grounds of parliament house - closing off all other entrances ? Perhaps that information was wrong ?

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Fuzzy1

haha! good work!

damn tight lipped phoney's! I bet she's straight onto Rudd! "there asking questions..."

and here's a whole nother conspiracy! Why would they have people answering phones if they are closed?

duh duh DUHHH!

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Fuzzy1

Oh well mate at least you've tried.

I'm rather curious as to the exact location myself. The aerial photos just don't do the place justice.

I've been around the outside and I've not really seen many areas you could easily drive through.

They're saying the guy hit a concrete wall. We're all assuming it was one of the walls of the actual Parliament house.

What if it was just one of the defensive retaining walls around the outside?

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 06:31 AM
link   
The sat image is ooold, maybe 3.5 years? They have been doing roadworks around the Parliament for ages and done some new bollards and walls. Basically it is not a terrorist attack and given the speed bumps you have to be trying really hard to go fast enough to kill yourself.

Unless it's a toyota with acceleration issues it certainly isn't an accident.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 06:38 AM
link   

There is no way you would actually get a vehicle into the side of the building. That is why I pasted the arrows on the image I posted.
There are two main roads long enough to do the trick and they both run into the perimetre wall on adjacent angles. Towards the northern end of the grounds.
There is also the road to the south but it runs straight into one of the main gates...

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 06:39 AM
link   

reply to post by Fuzzy1

haha! good work!

damn tight lipped phoney's! I bet she's straight onto Rudd! "there asking questions..."

and here's a whole nother conspiracy! Why would they have people answering phones if they are closed?

duh duh DUHHH!

Apparently the call was transferred to some other main police department.
Sorry, but I do not remember what she said in that regard.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 06:49 AM
link   

There is no way you would actually get a vehicle into the side of the building. That is why I pasted the arrows on the image I posted.
There are two main roads long enough to do the trick and they both run into the perimetre wall on adjacent angles. Towards the northern end of the grounds.
There is also the road to the south but it runs straight into one of the main gates...

I haven't been up there to check it out (I'm not a ghoul) but my understanding is it hit the outer wall at the end of a straight stretch. The outer walls and the car park entrances are the only things you can hit with a car, you cannot hit Parliament itself, the bollards protecting the only ground level entries at the big gravel end will stop a semi-trailer.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Other changes have been much more significant, such as the $11.7 million spent on a wall around the House to ensure that people can not drive vehicles on to the roof of the Parliament, the bomb-proofing of ministers’ office windows, and the retractable steel bollards placed at the road entry to each house. The stretch of road directly in front of Parliament House has been closed to traffic, and Parliament Drive made one-way.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 07:12 AM
link   
This whole story sounds VERY strange.

The incident is being treated as a deliberate act and will not be recorded as an ACT road fatality. No details relating to the driver’s identity will be released.

Why didn't this story make the news?

Why is his identity being suppressed?

Is there a coverup of sorts going on?

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   
"Must have been an angry angry man. And angry at the Australian government I might add. I'm not surprised in the slightest how downplayed this whole episode has been because the media wasn't payed 270 million dollars this year to report on the ugly side of politics. "
spearhead

"In view of the fact this is the worst government in the history of Australia..... "
Maybe...maybe not

Ok ,please stop already with the speculation and insinuations.
Please .
You have posted this as breaking alternative news.
Good, stop sounding like "good morning australia"/MSM.
And anyone looking for more on this subject,easy enough to do;here's a search link for you ;well actually it's a scroogle search so can't print the list , here it is in google(don't be evil!) ;
search page
The reason there is no more info is that all the media outlets are only so far putting out the officical police statement
afp media release
Parliament house Canberra is surrounded by low concrete walls as part of the layering in height with the landscaping.
No doubt this incident occurred nowhere near the house itself.
Please stop trying to make this seem any more than it is likely to be ( an accident,possible suicide (doubt it), not an act of terrorism) .
Anyone with any common knowledge of parliament house Canberra can see you are sensationalising and purely speculating.
Please stop as you are fearmongering without any prove whatsoever.
What on earth has happened to ats ?
I lurked for over a year because of this sort of thing,
and honestly, it's worse now than it was then.
Maybe just lurking is the way to go for now,which would be a shame.
I was just getting into the place too.

This is not a big deal!
This is not the white house washington loaded with security and paranoia and a reason (many) for people to want to blow up!
This is blludy canberra Oz for heavens sake!!
have you ever driven by P. house at 2am?
I have ,you could pee at the front door and not get arrested!
For heavens sake! Stop!

edit to add the word alternative.

[edit on 5/4/10 by asIam]

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join