It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man drives car into Parliment House wall

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Man drives car into Parliment House wall

au.news.yahoo.com

A man has died after driving his car into a concrete wall at Parliament House in Canberra.

ACT police say they discovered the man dead in his vehicle on Parliament Drive, Capital Hill, at around 2.15am (AEST) on Monday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 5/4/10 by spearhead]

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Must have been an angry angry man. And angry at the Australian government I might add. I'm not surprised in the slightest how downplayed this whole episode has been because the media wasn't payed 270 million dollars this year to report on the ugly side of politics.

His car had crashed head-on into a concrete wall, and police believe it was a deliberate act.

I will try and find more info in regards to this incedent...

au.news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Must be a terrorist.

What's the difference between a plane and a car?

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 04:17 AM
link   
well it was actually nice to see an article with
death and politics without the term TERROR or
TERRORISM mentioned

I feel sorry for the chap if it was an accident.

But had that been the WH, he'd of been called
a terrorist with a list of training camps he'd
been too and known accomplices on a
wanted list and a fake passport, etc....

God, this stuff gets old after awhile.
Everybody is a terrorist these days
if u dont agree with the agenda.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to Nuclear Paul

Must be... a terrorist! Guess he wasn't packing enough anfo to make a real POP!
I've done a search of the majority of media reports available and more than 12 hours on nothing more has been said!

Downplayed? I say yes...
Is it a regular occurance when a man drives head on into the parliment house wall in a suicidal protest?

reply to post by boondock-saint

...unlucky saint. It's been said! But in a sarcastic way of course.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by NuclearPaul
Must be a terrorist.

the plane goes on through

and knocks the building down
with thermate from the burning tires

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Would you be mad if I say "lol"?

I think it silly the person drove into a solid concrete wall with a car. Things like that are more stupid than demonstrative.

At least the ""Taliban"" pack loads of explosives in the car first.

--

As for the seriousness of the matter, it is strange that such a thing could be allowed. Don't these places have fences and such around the grounds to prevent such things from happening? Seems strange to me that such an act was allowed to occur, and seeing how the driver died we may never know.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Maybe he had a heart attack ? Wonder if the goverment will try to cover this up ?

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 04:35 AM
link   
I don't know why he bothered.

I was down there a week after the last guy tried. 1992. He nearly made it all the way to the room where they do question time.

After that they hardened the above ground levels of parliament house.

I'm pretty sure you could smash a semi into the place and it wouldn't leave a dent.

Good on him though. Champion effort even it was badly planned.

[edit on 5-4-2010 by belial259]

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by spearhead

Spearhead.....

In view of the fact this is the worst government in the history of Australia.....

I wonder if there's more to this story than meets the eye?

There have been so many lives destroyed by Rudd & his henchmen, maybe it just go too much for some poor guy.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not
In view of the fact this is the worst government in the history of Australia.....

I wonder if there's more to this story than meets the eye?

There very well could be. Like I said just about anyone should have known you can't just drive a car through the front of parliament house anymore.

They get the appearance of an attack, take no damage. Lets see where they go with this. If we see this used as an excuse to launch a new initiative we will know it could be a false flag.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by belial259

Belial259.....

I just hope it's not some poor guy who's been done over by the insulation rip-off or something like that.

There have already been threats of suicide from people who have been bankrupted by that revolting Rudd-inspired mess.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 04:50 AM
link   
It reminds me a bit of that guy in Darwin with a trolley full of fireworks and petrol.

If people wanted to rebel or attack TPTB what do they have to work with?

Maybe a car through the front of parliament house is the best they can come up with.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 04:51 AM
link   
I don't think it matters if he used a car or a plane or an explosive, the fact is that he used an object to (attempt to) destroy part of Parliament House.

It was an act of political terrorism and I'm not at all surprised that I haven't heard this on the news or radio.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 04:51 AM
link   
"His car had crashed head-on into a concrete wall, and police believe it was a deliberate act."

How would the police know that ?

I agree with the poster above maybe a heart attack - brake failure or perhaps he was driving a Toyota ? Faulty accelerator ?

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by NuclearPaul
Must be a terrorist.

The beards I suppose, that makes a huge difference if you know what I mean ^^

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

I totally agree with you. A poor man with nothing left to lose but his life and he threw it a wall in the hope it would create a statement. But as suspected the government and police are all 'hush hush' to protect their agenda and reputations. Not that they have much of a reputation.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 04:57 AM
link   
I am still wondering why the place isn't all fenced up to prevent such things from occurring. Seems pretty farfetched to me, I am pretty sure such a thing could have been prevented if it was desired to.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by destiny-fate
"His car had crashed head-on into a concrete wall, and police believe it was a deliberate act."

How would the police know that ?

Jump on google earth or something similar and take a look at parliament house. It's surrounded by concrete studs in the ground. There are a number of roads around the outside but it's actually quite difficult to drive up toward the place anymore.

You'd have to be trying deliberately to get to the wall to smash into it.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBloodRed
I am still wondering why the place isn't all fenced up to prevent such things from occurring.

It is. It's got concrete car/tank traps around most of the outside. Way I see it the guy must have had to drive on the grass.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join