It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HAARP Active @ 7.406Mhz Shortwave

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tom_Proctor
I know what OTH Radar sounds like, this isn't it. It just started at 10PM for me, and will go on for AT LEAST another 5-6 hours.

It would be interesting if we could get a number of hams or higher-end SW listeners with directional antennas that could triangulate the thing.

These types of signals used to fascinate me when I was a kid. Also the numbers stations - they've been going on since I had my first surplus Collins tube receiver, and that was in the late 60s.

edit to add:

There's nothing to say it isn't HAARP, it's in the middle of their working range, and they do a lot of pulsed power in some modes.

[edit on 5-4-2010 by Bedlam]

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

Hot damn. When the troops went in for a make over ---you sure as hell did way good, compared to Phage.
Look maybe this thread is about a hunk a hunka burning HF.
Unprecedented HF got any clues?
Thank ya--- thank ya very musch

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bedlam

I know what OTH Radar sounds like, this isn't it. It just started at 10PM for me, and will go on for AT LEAST another 5-6 hours.

It would be interesting if we could get a number of hams or higher-end SW listeners with directional antennas that could triangulate the thing.

These types of signals used to fascinate me when I was a kid. Also the numbers stations - they've been going on since I had my first surplus Collins tube receiver, and that was in the late 60s.

Yep, I'm an active listener of today's numbers stations. v24 and v26 are still up, I've heard E10 and many others. v2a and m8a are easy.

I've heard UVB-76 (The Buzzer) and The Squeaky Wheel (S32 I think?)

But I have my directional loop antenna and it points me either southeast or northwest of sierra vista, AZ

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   
AP is reporting the quake at a depth of 10km

hosted.ap.org...

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   

But I have my directional loop antenna and it points me either southeast or northwest of sierra vista, AZ

I added above - it actually might be HAARP, they use that frequency range a lot, and they are into oddball pulsed outputs - they sweep the array over areas of the ionosphere and pop the thing on and off at a fast rep rate to paint patterned areas of low density. Sort of like a raster scan. They also sometimes use a linear mode and paint sort of 3D sine waves of higher and lower power, but that tends to be at lower rep rates.

edit - it's also the right time of day locally for them to be doing that

[edit on 5-4-2010 by Bedlam]

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Donny 4 million
Why do you mix modulation with side band?

Modulation produces sidebands. That's all it does. They can be mathematically complex, in the case of FM or PM, or pretty straightforward, in the case of AM or SSB.

For SSB or DSB, you keep one or both sidebands and chuck the carrier - you don't need it and it eats half the power. You do have to replace it at the receiver if you want to make sound, though.

You need to back this garbily gook up with something more than a self imposed tongue twister.
Can you do it?
Some link or link of collaboration?

Please show how modulation causes sidebands in Amplitude Modulation.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Tom_Proctor

Y'know...I live in Arizona...
I've been moody all day today and quite honestly, that sound you uploaded makes me nauseous.
Plus, we had that freakin' earthquake today.
Now I'm wondering if it's all related.
Interesting...

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   

7406 is coming in for me, though not very strong. It might be hopping over me or it's directed another way tonight.

Can you query other Hams? What is the buzz?

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   

7406 is coming in for me, though not very strong. It might be hopping over me or it's directed another way tonight.

Can you query other Hams? What is the buzz?

Hams don't really care about those frequencies. It's out of the 40m amateur band.

Nobody is active today on my HF Utility channel. I think it's because it's easter and about half of the people are still asleep in the rest of the world.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Please show how modulation causes sidebands in Amplitude Modulation.

Good Lord. That's all it does. If you are at 100% modulation, you will divert half the power into the upper and lower sidebands and half will remain in the carrier.

That's why you get so much more bang for the final power by going with SSB - you get rid of the dead weight of the carrier, that's half the power, and the sidebands just repeat each other, the same information's in both, so you get to put 75% more radiated power into one sideband in SSB, and still meet the FCC's final power limits.

This is all standard comm theory 101.

The reason you use a non-linear stage for a detector like a multiplier or a diode is that it multiplies the sidebands and carrier (or local oscillator in the case of SSB) which gives you the original signal as a baseband output.

As far as a link, go google "AM sideband modulation" or the like - there's hundreds of thousands of them. I'm not sure which one will catch your fancy. But I'm not making it up. That's how it works. You see a lot of poop about envelopes with AM, that's a convenient but inaccurate way of looking at it. What really happens is sidebands. If you've got a spectrum analyzer and an AM exciter, you can see them for yourself, it's really instructive, or it was for me back when I was a lad.

The sidebands created by even a simple modulating waveform in FM or PM are many and varied. It's not nearly as simple as AM or SSB. If you plow through the math they're where they're supposed to be, but it's nasty to do at first.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Tom_Proctor

Understood. Washington (George) didn't attack the German mercinaries on Christmas day for nothing.
I have to retire. Will be right here when I awake, Good job. Keep em honest. LOL

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Pfeh. I stated that badly.

When you're at 100% modulation in AM, the sidebands will add half the power of the carrier. So if you start off with a 100W carrier, at 100% modulation, the sidebands will contain 50W of power, 25W in each sideband. The total power will be 150W.

/see, donny, I'm even picky of myself. It's a small point to worry about, but important to be accurate.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Pfeh. I stated that badly.

When you're at 100% modulation in AM, the sidebands will add half the power of the carrier. So if you start off with a 100W carrier, at 100% modulation, the sidebands will contain 50W of power, 25W in each sideband. The total power will be 150W.

/see, donny, I'm even picky of myself. It's a small point to worry about, but important to be accurate.

Not a problem. Radio is infinite. That is what makes HAARP technology so dangerous in the wrong hands.

Single-sideband modulation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The high power SSB transmitters were located at Rocky Point, ... baseband signal modulated onto a 5 MHz carrier will produce a SSB frequency of 5.002000 MHz ...

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Single-sideband_modulation - Similar

I do not think HAARP worries about FCC

"The reason you use a non-linear stage for a detector like a multiplier or a diode is that it multiplies the sidebands and carrier (or local oscillator in the case of SSB) which gives you the original signal as a baseband output. "

There are no detectors in transmitters, Diodes multiply NOTHING.

SSB the higher frequencies can be very dynamic..Side band is not needed in HAARP heaters. Unless it is incorporated in the VHF UHF and higher frequencies. An AM/ HF signal can be used to pulse or pump the ionosphere. So what if there is detectable SSB. It is merely a by -product.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Hey guys, this signal was on during the Chile earthquake about 2 hours ago.

It is no longer up!

I will continually update this thread.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Hey guys, it's still not on at 12:32AM. It usually comes on at around 12AM PDT.

-8GMT

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 03:53 AM
link   
I am watching this thread with great Enthusiasm...

Wouldn't it be good to hear that Radio Signal and 10 minutes later another Earthquake is reported?

I'm just wondering though, What's the purpose of the Earthquakes if everyone thinks HAARP has got something to do with it??

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 04:27 AM
link   

It goes on for hours at a time starting at 12am Pacific Time and I haven't heard it end, but it does eventually. It fades in and out, changes it's sound. It's almost like HAARP has been trying to aim and find the perfect frequencies to create an earthquake. The waterfall of the signal is also interesting. I know if you take two frequencies, say 740Hz and 746Hz, the ending result is 6Hz, which is an extremely low, vibrating signal like a subwoofer.

You may get a 6Hz signal, but its a 'radio' or RF signal, so nothing like a sub woofer. Sub woofer gives off audio signals, which is vibration of the surrounding air. RF radiation can not do that.
Soon as I read that, I knew this was a crock. RF will not vibrate the ground. If you can isolate one element and pump in enough power to vibrate the elements molecules maybe, but given that the earth crust is made up of so many different elements this would not work.
It only works with your microwave oven and only on water molecules.

( and yes I am a licensed ham radio operator with over 20 years experience )

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 04:42 AM
link   
This is a very interesting thread, even with the attempts to derail it by a few. Anyone live near Sierra Vista, AZ? I checked on Google Maps, but can't find anything of interest in the designated directions. Awaiting more info...

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 04:57 AM
link   
I log on to ATS this morning, and three headlines catch my eyes:

"Magnitude 7.2 - Baja, California, Mexico"

"Earthquake or some strange ground movement in Las Vegas"

"HAARP Active @ 7.406Mhz Shortwave"

Seems like there's a connection, seen from my conspiratory eyes. Might just be me, though.

[edit on 5-4-2010 by David_Reale]

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by David_Reale

Ditto

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join