It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Magnitude 7.2- BAJA CALIFORNIA, MEXICO 2010 April 04 22:40:39 UTC

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by glitchinthematrix

Yes, I am in AZ and I felt that. That's why I thought I was crazy when I was feeling the quake. For a second I thought ,"what is wrong with me"

It was a light headedness. It felt wierd and unnatural, like spinning out of control - slowly

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I think maybe a new thread might be needed for this but here is what I am thinking. Always been fascinated by earthquakes. Been through two in my lifetime. Both quakes I have been through neither time did I feel dizzy, sick or any of the things people are saying on here both from this 7.2 and a few posters from Chile and reports from Haiti are saying. Who has been through a large quake say before 2008 or 2007 that felt these things BEFORE or during the quake? I would be interested to know if you did not feel them in past quakes of large mags. then what is causing these symptoms? HAARP, etc..... Just seems strange to me. Need some real people with experiences to make some real data to figure this out.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Take into account these...

Magnitude 5.0 - CAYMAN ISLANDS REGION
2010 April 05 07:29:12 UTC

Magnitude 4.7 - GUATEMALA
2010 April 05 10:00:57 UTC

earthquake.usgs.gov...

I notice in GEE a strange reoccurring weak ~wave~ that just keeps ~rolling~ at a couple of Seismos...

[edit on 4/5/2010 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hx3_1963
reply to post by Stormdancer777

What I see is a migration pattern...

From the Haiti quake west across to the fault running n/s along NA/SA...

I also see some return pressure occurring now back east into the Caribbean...

What do you see coming next?

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Not really sure at this point...just a ~tri-junction point...

Running from the Caribbean...back and forth to the west side western hemisphere faults...

Maybe something in Central Mexico up to Cascadia?

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by alexgia

Dizziness come from an imperceptible swaying motion. Not uncommon
at all. It's kind of like seasickness. Those that say they suffered BEFORE a quake don't realize that the motion started before they were aware of it.
My wife and lots of people I know have experienced this from being in high rise buildings in Los Angeles during quakes. Some quakes are sharp jolts, some gentle swaying. Sundays was swaying for us in the SF Valley.
Nothing unusual.

[edit on 5-4-2010 by OldDragger]

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Reason 1 why I moved Arizona - no earthquakes

Reason 2 - Pretty soon we're gonna have a beach front

This is kinda off topic, but has anyone heard about the geothermal plant near salton sea that had some type of ground collapsing incident in the 80's? I heard about it but i can't find a source on it

[edit on 5-4-2010 by Hondahawk]

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
This is just a thought, please don't bash on me for trying to put two and two together. Please just hear me out, and this goes to anyone who thinks this quake was caused by HARPP, I personally don't know much about HARPP but i've read on these threads about HARPP being able to cause quakes, O.K. so with that in mind here we go...

Wikileaks announces they would release a video on april 5th of the U.S. army killing innocent people, what are the odds that a magnitude 7.2 earth quake hits Mexico, close enough to the united states that it was felt in states that don't even have earthquakes? I live in CA and it rocked the hell out of CA and up to Las Vegas!

I mean think about it for a second, what are the odds that the quake hit on EASTER SUNDAY, what are the odds that the quake hit on April 4th, One day before the release of the wikileaks video?

I think the quake hit one day before so that it would be the TOP story on MONDAY April 5th to over shadow the wikileaks story...

And once again, this was just a thought... Call me crazy but WHAT ARE THE ODDS!?

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by devenirmusic

I follow your line of thinking completely, now just going to go one step further. Why is MSM showing nothing but Tiger Woods make ANOTHER press conference? Barely any quake news, nothing about the tape. If they pursued Washington the way they are pursing WOODS we would all know what is going on.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hx3_1963

Not really sure at this point...just a ~tri-junction point...

Running from the Caribbean...back and forth to the west side western hemisphere faults...

Maybe something in Central Mexico up to Cascadia?

www.yelp.com...

The Cascadia Subduction Zone which runs from Northern California - through Oregon, Washington and up the Canadian coast to Alaska. (see graph below). The second area of greatest danger which was stated just a few months ago by Mayan elders is lower Mexico, Central America, and Caribbean.

So you are seeing the same thing,

Interesting this post has been deleted from that site.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by OldDragger

Just before the Chile earthquake I had vertigo the day before and the morning of,

and I live in the Midwest, I blew it off as to coincidence, until I read the other posters experiences,

la2

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Are we all thinking that some where in california the thought is being discussed that th whole of the san andreas fault could be ready to shift, pressure has been building, the last big earthquake was quite a while ago, i'm just worried that a big pressure release at the southern end will cause the rest of the fault to become unstable, a 7.2 where it occured is one thind a 7+ in downtown LA is another!

The increse in earthquake activity is one of the thorists thoughts at what may occur before a period of polar shift, is that also something scientists should be looking at, haiti, chile, mexico, these faults are not that far from being directly connected, surely the san francisco/LA area being hit in the next few days or months wouldnt be a huge shock to anyone watching this kind of activity, could we be in the the run up to the 'big one'??

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Is it just me or are smaller ones creeping up Cali?

2.2 2010/04/05 10:30:32 33.044N 116.429W 13.3 15 km ( 9 mi) ESE of Julian, CA

1.9 2010/04/05 10:29:21 33.045N 116.421W 13.0 16 km (10 mi) E of Julian, CA

3.2 2010/04/05 10:28:28 33.043N 116.425W 7.7 15 km ( 9 mi) ESE of Julian, CA

3.6 2010/04/05 10:26:51 33.044N 116.425W 10.7 15 km ( 9 mi) E of Julian, CA

quake.usgs.gov...

Are there harmonics at CI.SWS Stormdancer777?

ETA: check this out peeps...haarp-magnetogram...

...Seems to start up right around the quake time?

[edit on 4/5/2010 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Ok just wanting to share me and my girlfriends experience yesterday. I wasn't going to until i starting reading alot of peoples similar experiences. First of all we live in austin, tx, no where near the earthquake and we still experienced the extremely out of the ordinary eerie feelings. Some people are saying verdigo and it could be we just dont know. We both agree we've never felt anything like this so its hard to describe. Its almost like a constant dark ominous presence all around. our bodies feel sick almost nauseous but at the same time were not sick. Just a really weird feeling that started yesterday morning and comes and goes still to today. We had no idea there was even an earthquake til we turned on the tv last night around 10pm. We both passed it off as to much stress until reading others similar experiences.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

nope haarp started round 10:00 UTC april 5 ....... 7.2 was 12 ouhers earlyer MAP 7.2 2010/04/04 22:40:41 UTC

[edit on 5-4-2010 by ressiv]

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
After thinking about it for a long time, I've come to the conclusion that global warming has probably had an effect on the number of quakes we've had this year. I don't want to open a can of worms, and don't want to debate whether it is anthropogenic warming or not. My focus is elsewhere.

The reality is that no matter what the cause is, a whole lot of ice has melted in the last few years, relieving the crust of a huge burden, many millions of tons of pressure in various places on the earth. This causes the crust to rebound, albeit slowly. We could be reaping the harvest of the melting. The earth is adjusting to the loss of the ice and the plates are moving in response; ergo, earthquakes.

If I'm right, then the melting is a major contributing factor (not the sole one by any means) and we're in for more of the same for the next few years as the earth finds a new equilibrium.

Hang on, folks, the ride's about to get really interesting.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
New york times today are reporting 72 deaths,

There were 72 deaths attributed to the quake, and it caused an estimated $20 billion in damage. Initial reports indicated that Sunday's earthquake, ...

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Started this thread www.abovetopsecret.com... to see what others have felt and differences in past quakes from years ago.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by poker player

Well, I wasn't going to post this comment, since I already commented last night that quakes are common out here, but yesterday, I was extremely irritated, to the point that I had to tell my husband to stay clear of me, and that I did not know what was making me so irritated....I would not have thought twice about this incident, other than the fact that others now have mentioned irritableness yesterday. Now, today, feel dizzy. Could be nothing, but the irritableness, was very out of the ordinary, and unexplainable.

So I guess I'm saying it is entirely possible some people are sensitive to subtle earth changes.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by asala

Please make sure we are putting out CORRECT info. The 72 deaths was from an earthquake back in 1994. It killed 72 and cause $20 billion in damage, BUT was NOT attributed to yesterday's quake.

DIRECT QUOTE FROM NYTIMES TODAY AND LINK....

"The Northridge earthquake of Jan. 17, 1994 — a 6.7-magnitude temblor that was centered in the Los Angeles neighborhood of Reseda — lasted for about 20 seconds but proved to be one of the most devastating natural disasters to hit the United States. There were 72 deaths attributed to the quake, and it caused an estimated $20 billion in damage."

www.nytimes.com...

Also, I live in Central NC and this could be nothing or it could be something. I too was extremely uncomfortable yesterday, as was my husband. We felt sluggish during church, didn't want to be there. Considering it was Easter, that's extremely unusual for us. We are in the process of looking for a church home and we chalked it up to not sleeping the night before and maybe that wasn't the church for us. I was considerable irritable yesterday, again chalked it up to no sleep the night before. Then my husband woke up for work this morning very nauseated. Who knows, like I said it could be nothing or it could be something. But being that we are in North Carolina, it's probably nothing.

[edit on 5-4-2010 by watchdog]

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join