It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS alert!!!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Gosh, my presence isn't already enough? Geez

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Thank you.

I Don't know how to respond? I've never had such personal ADMN response from ATS before "All" my responses have been ignored.

I've never thought that My opinion mattered.

SLAYER69, I find myself agreeing with SO on that one, I find myself bored.

Yes, bored with ATS, sorry SO, ATS just is not cutting it for me.

I've hashed out killer threads, I've debunked plenty, I've never been debunked, yet.

I'm working on writing about ten books now and some of it is due to ATS.

I'm a natural writer as well as a natural leader and I'm doing what I can.

Think of it as warfare, you have seen your buddies shot to Hell, killed, dismemebered, and sent home from the "battlefield", and you're stuck in "combat".

Shell-shock is setting in, SLAYER69, and you have ATS-P.T.S.D.

Godsmack - Speak

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Personally I came here to discuss such things as Pleiadians - Lightworkers - Star Children - Oneness - dimensional beings etc.

I find - these subjects to be treated with disdain by the Head Cheese of ATS.

Perhaps - - a lighter hand and understanding in this area would be beneficial.

Perhaps - - a category "other then Skunk Works" could be established to accommodate. I can see the need for a Skunk Works category - - but personally I find it insulting to my belief(s).

Seriously - would you put Christianity in Skunk Works?

You need a Religions/Belief category.

[edit on 3-4-2010 by Annee]

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Perhaps ATS needs something positive to unify people.

I am seeing too much political bs--right wing extremism, and most of all, what I see as "agent provocateurs" operating here.

[edit on 3-4-2010 by Alethea]

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

And they are now "drunk" on their "power". I'be been there. Dare to disagree loud enough and you get the ban hammer.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Hmmm, I'm getting a bit afraid of posting replies. I've had 2 warnings and I wasn't very happy...

I'll just sit back for awhile and chill while I pluck up the courage to really get back into it.

I haven't noticed a drop in reading material though...

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Self Control was just demonstrated.

[edit on 3-4-2010 by SLAYER69]

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 01:42 AM
link   
I don't know Slayer. Haven't been paying attention to that really. But I do know my participation is tapering off as perhaps topical burnout sets in. Which may or may not have given me the idea MOSTLY no one really wants to do anything but reinforce their current beliefs to the point that thread after thread no matter what turns into the same battle again and again and again and again. With the provided information not even read by the people that post........

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
reply to post by SLAYER69

I don't spend near as much time here as I used to. There seems to be
a lot more mean spirited right-wingers that don't really want to do anything except rag on liberals, progressives or anyone they disagree with. They seem more interested in promoting an ideology than discussing anything. Differing opinions are met with outright hostility and name calling. It's fun to engage but gets very boring after a while. BTS is a sanctuary but even it is being invaded with rightwing partisan ship and sniping.

I used to tell all my friends about this place. No longer.

Amen brother! This site has gone way downhill over the past 5 years. I still check in from time to time, but with all the whining and name-calling, it's hard to get a thought-out statement in edgewise.

I guess entropy effects the ATS board too, or we really are getting collectively dumbererer.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Missletow

I wouldn't say dumber. I would say people here are getting less and less willing to listen, really listen, to anyone stating a viewpoint not their own.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 01:58 AM
link   
I can only speak for myself, but part of it is that I don't like posting before I've read the entire thread and by the time I finish a thread (with all of the time-outs to go do mom/wife things making the reading take longer) a handful of people have already posted almost exactly what I was thinking and would have posted and my contribution would have only been an echo that didn't add much of value. I don't post a lot to begin with because it takes me so long to get through some threads sometimes and by the time I finish the thread the conversation has been over for days or a week or more and I hate to be guilty of thread necromancy.

Another part, though smaller, is that I am a horribly wordy beast. I love words and I post big long posts and, while I haven't gotten the response myself, I've seen some wonderful, phenomenal posts that were fairly big, but incredibly well thought out and well written be dismissed with a handful of posts complaining that they were too long winded and the posters couldn't be bothered with taking the time to read through them. Requests to shorten the posts and "bottom line me" without the details. That turned me off a bit. Why bother if what I have to offer isn't even going to be read if it is too long? And, being who I am, it is inevitable that it WILL be too long.

I also never seem to have ideas that I think would be of interest to very many people besides myself. My daughter has been known to complain that I have a serious lack of imagination, I'm afraid.

Mostly, I just enjoy reading everyone else's ideas and thoughts. I learn so much from reading other perspectives and opinions and seeing things from different points of view and I get caught up in trying to read everything and just kinda forget to post myself.

Take care,
Cindi

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Hey Slayer,

I think what you are trying to say is that the amount of traffic is not so much the issue but the amount of intelligent traffic is down?

Are you sure it is not battle fatigue? I mean, this afternoon i posted a crappy response to somebody who sincerely wanted to know the answer to a question that has been addressed millions of times before. He could not know that it had been asked before but I forgot that intelligence on ATS is dynamic....sometimes it's up, sometimes it's down.

When it's down - enlighten (that's your duty soldier!!!)

When it is up - enjoy and listen (at least that's what i do)

I am sure "good times" are always around the corner....

Anyway, S+F for your observance.

Peace

Edit: scrap that star..

[edit on 3-4-2010 by operation mindcrime]

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by mckyle
I guess last year I started to see ATS developing a worrying case of political overload, combined with some splinter groups (the Truthers come to mind), that seemed to be melding the current political status with their own cause - and not in a good way. To me, there seemed to a void appearing regarding bread and butter topics of the ATS of old: saucers, ghosts, black projects, etc, appeared to be sidelined, and in their place we saw the rise of 'Prophets of Economic and Political Doom". FEMA camps, Economic Armageddon, and general Societal meltdown seemed to be at the fore.

Agree with that completely. I have too limited my posting these days and instead started lurking mode. I dont know lately I have become bored due to low conspiracy angle related threads...imho every second thread thread is either a partisan thread or govt. bashing thread with tales and personal accounts with no merit. Also I dislike blogs linked threads unless they carry some merit or some actual information which has not been covered before.

Most threads are now repetitions of hundreds already existing with new header and format. I am also looking for new data to make new conspiracy related threads.

Another things is the low quality UFO related threads, nowdays such threads are made - Bright Light Above City, Shining Star in a Garden or some You tube etc lol. with just link to a picture no detailed explanation or why they think it's a UFO. I have stopped clicking on all new UFO threads coz of this.

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
(1) When you first encountered ATS, you were floored at all the content.

(2) You joined with excitement.

(3) You devoured threads and marveled at some of the topics and replies.

(4) You jumped in, excited to be a part of it.

(5) Over time, you've come to be very familiar with the topics.

(6) Over more time, you're seeing fewer "new" topics (because you've nearly seen it all)

(7) You post less because you're not seeing as much new information as when you first joined (when it was all new)

(8) You make a thread on how there's not so many good new threads any more, rather than make a good thread.

So true lol..you are correct upto an extent for any new user the current thread will be like a goldmine but they would miss out on the old quality threads. If they consider these quality threads their quality might even go lower in comparison. They would think that ok we dont need to explain in detail or information on any conspiracy angle but just link to some news etc. I am not sre if I am able to say this clearly but I hope the point is clear.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Healthcare... lots of confusion and people getting slammed left and right just for being for or against it.. Also, the gloom and doom. I just find it hard to swallow that every facet of our government is out to get us. Maybe I am gullible and still have faith in the Red, White, and Blue.

You are right, my friend, the American public has had it with the lack of representation that is some sort if deep infection in all upper levels of Washington these last weeks!

The public is disconnected, in shock, in disbelief that both houses and the Congress and Obama arecompletely out of step with the needs and desires of the American Public!

Not only that but whatever is done to counter this disconnect is ignored. The Tea Parties, the protests, the gazillions of emails and letters, the calls to Congress are completely ignored. You call, email or protest and nothing happens!

This is the ERA OF DIS-REPRESENTATION !

As a arrogant Illinois Democratic Congressional Representative said on camera today, the recent legislation was so important to pass that it made no difference thatit violated the US Bill of Rights!

And that said it all!

Actual quote: The Illinois Democrat replied, "I don't worry about the Constitution on this."

[edit on 3/4/10 by plumranch]

[edit on 3/4/10 by plumranch]

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Worry not ... for a new thread now authored will resolve all traffic issues:

Blossom Goodchild Answers ALL Questions by ATS Members!

There!

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by December_Rain

Another things is the low quality UFO related threads, nowdays such threads are made - Bright Light Above City, Shining Star in a Garden or some You tube etc lol. with just link to a picture no detailed explanation or why they think it's a UFO. I have stopped clicking on all new UFO threads coz of this.

It's nice to at least one person read my post December_Rain ;-)

I think ATS is just being ATS: meaning that by it's very nature, it's fluid - ever changing. And that perhaps is a good thing.

However, it doesn't mean it should be let run on auto-pilot, and I think this is where the danger lies.

The problem with any business, is the bigger you get, the more macro, and micro-management you need. The variables inevitably increase as your income base - ie the members (and this is something I hope ATS really appreciates), increases. The more they grow, the more 'adjustment' is needed to the ATS machine.

I actually took a break ostensibly for what I mentioned in my previous post, but I must be honest, and say that I left to recharge my batteries, because I was somewhat disappointed with both the action and inaction of junior and senior staff respectively. That's not saying they did anything wrong - I was just personally a little disappointed, and thought that things could have been done a little more professionally.

Having said that, I think ATS is and has a good crew of workers. They just need to ensure that as they grow, that everyone is one the same page when it comes to policy, and communication with members.

[edit on 3-4-2010 by mckyle]

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog

Worry not ... for a new thread now authored will resolve all traffic issues:

Blossom Goodchild Answers ALL Questions by ATS Members!

There!

SD!

So good to see you, and may I say, I'm intrigued by the above link! Blossom on ATS!!!! Say it isn't so!!

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 03:28 AM
link   
While I do not and will not adhere to a collective mind, the only way I can explain my reasoning is to allow you to take a break from what you're currently doing and ask that you take a few minutes to view the following short video.

Watch it a few times and listen to the words. It explains exactly how I feel. Thanks for the posting.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 03:46 AM
link   
I can't speak for anyone else, but my participation has been way down of late because I have a lot of irons in the fire. Been out of state, away from home, reconning a good place for a last ditch, last stand, furiously trying to learn the operation of a couple of new computer programs, trying to put a life back together, and a good old dose of forum fatigue.

My house was eaten by a tornado last Sunday, so when I get back home, I expect to be busy with odds and ends dealing with that.

Most of my contributions of late have been in a thread I started while away on this trip, as I find it to be in bad form to start a thread, and then just walk off from it, so my participation elsewhere on the site has been diminished even a tad more on that account.

Regarding that renegade site, I've been keeping an eye on it, and over the past couple of weeks, it seems to have imploded due to some sort of fraternal infighting. They ate each other's lunches, and it splintered. Not worth anyone's time to visit, but I suppose the members of it that are still standing agree pretty well with one another, so it will turn into a mutual back-patting club of a much smaller group of folks than it started out with.

Furthermore, any sort of human endeavor requiring co-operation will inevitably have lull periods in it, as members take breaks to stretch their legs and what not. Fear not, it will pick back up again.

Another consideration is that threads and thread types will always rise and fall with events, In other words, folks who are slamming one area of a forum will periodically move to another as events unfold, and input becomes more critical in the new area. For example, threads dealing with the war in the middle east will take a hit when events like the recent insurance care legislation in DC occur, as a number of people see trouble closer to home. They will naturally gravitate towards what most affects them. In that case, it's not a drop in contributions, and may actually be an increase in contributions. It just changes to a different venue, and you can hear crickets chirping in the old thread area, while you wonder where everyone went.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 03:51 AM
link   
My feelings are that a lot of people feel intimidated and don't want to respond to threads. I personally have been acting primarily as an observer as of late.

Threads have become rather cumbersome due to the first post being either intelligent and interesting, or vapid and trite. The first 2 pages can either be a mixture of interesting and supportive responses or they are trolling arguments. I remember when threads would be more efficient in the exchange of ideas. There was less fluff.

I literally need to read 5-6 pages just to get 4 or 5 posts that are relevant and genuine. It reminds me of a lot of other boards, where people would post things like "FIRST POST!" right after the OP for some reason. Nothing else.

Also, there appears to be too much formality. The first page can often consist entirely of "Thankyou OP! I was thinking this". That's appreciated, but it doesn't really add value to the thread. It only adds ego to the op.

We need to get back to contributing, instead of derailing and playing childish ego games. A lot of new users have very high opinions of themselves and know nothing of humility. That is just my two cents.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join