It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS alert!!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   
ATS needs help.

I've noticed that traffic here SEEMS to be down.

I'd like members feedback as to why. I'm not a site over lord so I can open this can o worms without prejudice.

Let's be real

Please.

PEACE

Slay.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   
my personal observation is that most attention has been diverted to just a few threads. (Involving malitias etc and the letters sent to 50 states etc.)

Other than that, maybe some thread-starters don't wish to be ridiculed by those who make a mockery of their claims? *shrug* I have noticed a higher-than-usual amount of ridicule on here lately.

[edit on 2-4-2010 by Wookiep]

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Explanation: Flagged!

Maybe its because it is Easter and the long weekend in many places around the world as a consequence! A lot of people have gone away on holidays ect!

Personal Disclosure: Even I have curtailed my internet use due to family and other commitments over this annual festival period!

Edited to add that I also stayed away on April Fools day for obvious reasons!

[edit on 3-4-2010 by OmegaLogos]

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Possibly. I made a thread about Dick Armey's ties to terrorists in Iran and it's being ignored.

Maybe people have hit all time highs of ignorance....which is ironic...but nonetheless...it is what it is.

Sprinkle some truth in a pool of BS...and you get nothing. Space Aliens from Mars killing babies in the African Safari at the will of the anti-christ....who himself was born from Reptilian Communist who were actually ghosts of Satan..

Now that is important.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   
dude..you scared me, i thought we were under attack from foreign forces or goodoledave..man dont do that again..ok..thanks..

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   

When you say traffic do you mean overall or quality threads started?

I'd say if you're looking at either yesterday or today, there's probably a HUGE hangover from April Fools...

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I havent noticed any kind of drop in traffic.

What do you mean by down, less new threads, quality threads, or are you missing specific members? I notice some of my favorite posters are gone some times, then I click their profile and find they are posting on other threads from me at the moment.

Edited to add:^

Haha Signals, we must have had a shared thought. Talk about synchronicity in action, lol!

[edit on 3-4-2010 by hotbakedtater]

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   
LOL... no ego here but.

Am I the only one to notice the drop off?
Should I become even more controversial or relax and let the opposition build? say in the mid east boards?

[edit on 3-4-2010 by SLAYER69]

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   
(IMHO)

Topic diversity has been dropping and what remains has become dull (same thing, different day) and because time has been short for me, it's become more of an effort to wade through all of the threads ... hopefully this is just a natural lull (a bump in the road) and creative traffic will pick up soon.

Perhaps it's Spring Fever...

I am certainly hoping for enough spare time to be able to create more threads again, soon.

Thanks for bringing this up!

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Really...

Slayer69 you should've known.

Some rogue members made an alternative site off this one, and took some of our top contributors, whose loyalty sucks apparently!!!!

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   
There has been a move in the force Luke. Everybody feels it.

Plus the weather has been very nice.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi

Perhaps it's Spring Fever...

Of course!! Spring fever. It was eighty today where I live in KY, so maybe people are outdoors more right now.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Signals

When you say traffic do you mean overall or quality threads started?

To be honest....

When I first joined. I would read massive posts. Now...

It's one or two liners of quality opinions. Well aimed but not much of contents!

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   

I don't spend near as much time here as I used to. There seems to be
a lot more mean spirited right-wingers that don't really want to do anything except rag on liberals, progressives or anyone they disagree with. They seem more interested in promoting an ideology than discussing anything. Differing opinions are met with outright hostility and name calling. It's fun to engage but gets very boring after a while. BTS is a sanctuary but even it is being invaded with rightwing partisan ship and sniping.

I used to tell all my friends about this place. No longer.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   

I think you should continue to tell it like you see it, as all of us should.

Call it a lull if you will, I think a good number of people could be weary or even leery at posting right now, there's not a lot of good news out there...

The site continues to grow and it goes through growing pains in the process.

As it grows it will inevitably be a little more difficult to weed through the junk to get to the good stuff...but the search is still fun for me.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   
My attendance here has been way down for months. I only just kinda started up reading again, but its very limited.

Beside there just being a lot to attend to outside of this, the bickering and sensationalism attached to every subject here has just gotten wearing. I choose not to associate myself with or spend time with people who are extremely negative all the time.

It seems all most people on here want to do is to complain about something or someone. Its a warped, one sided point of view, and not one I share.

Life is great, most of the time. Most people are actually trying to do things right, most of the time. And everyone screws up some of the time -- no big deal or conspiracy.

Maybe there's the rub: everything in life is not a conspiracy and to try and make it so is just silly. I have got better things to do than spend time on something silly.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Hello,
I wonder if people are cruising around news sites looking for stories to post. Sometimes when it seems slow here, I go cruising around old sites and whatever to see if there's anything not being threaded here. But with Firefox, I can stay plugged-in, and still cruise around.

Someone mentioned how there are a few threads on active duty, I go lurking around to see what all the hype is. Like everyday. And since I'm still a tenderfoot, I got loads of reading to do. Most often times I just lurk. Tonight though, I've been lurking incognito.

So, if anybody asks, you saw me last outside the Starbucks, handing out vouchers for motel rooms to panhandlers in the rain, asking them to call their families.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   
It's Easter weekend. Weekends are always a little slower than the rest of the week. When we have holiday weekends, it is even slower than normal.

There still has been almost 7000 posts today.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Lot of garbage floating around lately.

Thats why I like the anti-flag system but that was denied.

Lot of misinformation too lately, too much healthcare debate and doomsday threads. Everyone has a new date for destruction.. makes this site less and less interesting IMO.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   
DAMN!

I Wish I could star everybody so far...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join