It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Tower of Babel - Alien Involvement

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Thanks for the info and your insights, undo. I wasn't familiar with the Deuteronomy passage. The second passage was I am assuming the Book of Mormon? The angel for each nation/group thing intrigues me. Interesting.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

i don't think jasher is mormon. i think it's what is called hebrew pseudopigraphia
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
For me, this is one of those stories that is problematic when compared to archeological evidence. When it is looked at from the perspective of sola scriptura (only what is in the bible) God sees something special in Noah and gives him the opportunity to save himself and his family Gen 6-7. After the flood, Noah and his sons Shem, Ham, and Japheth try to get on with their new lives after the devastation of the world Gen 8-9. And Gen 10 briefly describes their descendants and how they spread out.

Since that the world was populated by these three families, it seems likely that whatever language they spoke, their descendants spoke as well. Hence one language.

Gen 11. The people are beginning to reestablish themselves. They begin to build a city and a tower. For some reason god decides to put a stop to it and confuses the languages. They stop building and wander away.

However, the problem is when we look at the archeological evidence in the form of the cuneiform tablets. There were 2 languages in the region. Sumerian and Akkadian. There are many tablets that are translation dictionaries between the 2 languages. Scholars deduce that bilingualism developed but that Akkadian eventually became the language of the land and Sumerian was forgotten.

So the historic evidence states that the two languages became one. Instead of the other way around as the bible states.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Your thread seems to accept the premise that what was recorded prior to the tower being built was true, i.e. the flood, the creation, Eden, God...yet, if that was the case...why would you wonder at the ability of God/gods to confuse language?

Even if you consider the idea that we are dealing with fallen angels of Enoch or aliens of superior abilities..again, why would confusing the languages be impossible? Surely, taveling via time, portals, dimensions, folding space...all point to higher intelligence, and abilities.

Surely, if you can destroy the world by water, or manipulte DNA and interbreeding with humans genetically, or masterfully build with 300 ton blocks...you just might be able to interfere with language.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Tower of Babel: A Personal Theory
I have 2 personal theories about the legend of the Babel tower:

1/ Ancient-time- a one global language that unified humankind into a
super civilization, or at least a harmonius one. Good linguistic clues
exist to support a one-language past.

2/ Physical tower, or set of towers...incorporating a radio signal
transmission technology fixed atop a high place and capped by a
piezoelectric crystal (Atlantis myth?) that when linked to a speaking
(resonant) chamber, would generate modulated rf signals... to be
transmitted throughout the globe/realm and picked up by:
- "primitive" receiver apparatus (Baghdad battery precursors)
- human sensitives ("ora"-cles)
- individual (private/communty owned) receivers

In any case, mythological clues seem to indicate whatever version existed was destroyed by some kind of earth trauma (sinking of Atlantis, anger of/war among ..the Gods, etc).

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
They were building a tower that somehow along with Angelic Knowledge would reach into another dimension into heaven probably. They have found technology in Iraq that suggests they knew a lot more about science than we first thought, they found glass that could be used for microscopes and this was all before the pyramids were made and the tower making influenced all other pyramid sacrifice societies around the world.

Maybe they aligned with stars and gravity and they used spiritual forces as a way of opening up a portal to heaven so God must have thought it was too early and against for his plans so to have Christ being born on the earth otherwise we would eternally be in the rule of Satan with no real salvation only technological salvation that does not last anyway.

The Devil already knew about Christ by then but he did know when he would come into the world so him and his influence on nations and people have tried to stop him ever being: only Christ can send him to hell and has the authority to do so.

When God says 'us' he means the father son and holy spirit and the spirit of God has always been an influence on the ancient prophets anyway, although other sects deny the use of the God's spirit.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Deaf Alien

Neat concept. But it's really just another stab in the dark.

Personally, I don't think any of that happened - no aliens, no tower and no "one language".

The story of the "Tower of Babel" is just a story used to explain *why* people around the world speak different languages. It's merely an anecdote.

We speak different languages because we humans didn't all live and evolve in the same society since our early ancestors began grouping together in communal communities.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
=] nice post indeed.

i got to say though if we were telepathic then would that mean the Rosetta stone is actually used for all ancient pictographs or was the Rosetta stone made after?

it would make more sense for us to speak telepathic then it does how we all have these different languages.

language is a barrier it causes stress it causes anger and its down right wrong for wars being waged because we cant speak it out leader to leader.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
It makes sense that man came from a single couple who used the same language, lived a lot longer because they had clean DNA and a better atmosphere and plants as we do now and they did not eat animals till after the flood.

It makes sense in terms of creation and how from then on the earth has got worse people live less, the air and water is polluted and less animal species, but at the same time it has taken till now to develop space rockets and nuclear weapons while the predicted end time Israel is back in its place and nuclear war could in that region could bring about the predicted end of the world scenario, it all makes sense in the Bible picture.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
In the many exerpts from Tom Horn's most excellent book, Apollyon Rising:2012 He states the following concerning the Ziggaraut:

In addition to such scientific deduction, another reason I believe this story is suspicious is because of what Nimrod did immediately following Genesis chapter 10. As soon as he "began to be a mighty one" in the earth, one chapter later he set out to build a tower whose top would "reach unto heaven" (Gen 11:4). This was the infamous Tower of Babel, and Nimrod was designing it so that the top of it would extend into Shamayim (heaven), the abode of God. Works including The Jewish Encyclopedia confirm several historical records that Nimrod, whom they establish was also identified by various ancient cultures alternatively as Osiris, Orion, Apollo, and Gilgamesh, built the Tower of Babel in an attempt to ascend into the presence of God. Jehovah himself came down and said of the tower’s design, "nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do" (Gen 11:6). In other words, according to the Lord, Nimrod would have accomplished what he "imagined" to do—to build a tower whose top would reach into the abode of God. That this section of scripture could be viewed as a secondary support for the concept of Nimrod having become "revived Watcher offspring" is thus supported by Nimrod seeming to abruptly be aware of where and how tall to build a tower so that the top of it would penetrate the dwelling place of God.

It can be read in it's entirety here.
www.newswithviews.com...

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by JPhish
Excellent thread Deaf Alien.

I had never thought about it that way.

What do you think the "tower" itself was?

Do you think it was really a "tower" in the literal sense of the word?

I've heard people say in the past that it was some sort of rocket ship for space travel.

Maybe it was some sort of weapon?

interesting stuff.

Holy Hannah, you have got the absolute jackpot.

It was in a manga called Nadia: The secret of blue water by Hideki Anno ... where the tower of Babel was a giant particle accelerator.
It was a planetary defense system with REFLECTOR system to actualy target objects in space.
WOW , if our alien-engineered ancestors could finished it, than our belowed alien co-creators would have to kiss our planet goodbye forever other than to be blasted out of the "HEAVENS"
(old hebrews have 2 words: one for "sky" and then for "heavens" which has a meaning as "beyond the sky" ... ehmm, for modern age people this translates as "SPACE").
It makes actualy sense, physicist use mainly circular accelerators, because you can then smash two "opossite" particles with two as much energy from the collision if it was a normal tube accelerator pointed at a usually iron plate. That thing must have been enourmously long

[edit on 12/08/09 by Durabys]

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Nowhere in the bible does it say that the common language of man at the time of the tower of Babel was telepathy...that's an inference. They could have had one "language" as it says. A universal verbal language. Yes, it is impossible to learn a language overnight but GOD can do as he pleases and in an instant, the bible says he is "omnipotent". The Elohim is spoken of in the bible and true, it does refer to more than one god but it also refers to the "sons of god" and those are angels. Lucifer also believes he is a god and many worship him as the same, but that doesn't make him a god. Even some men claim to be god's so there is certainly no deficit of a collection of "we god's" who have inhabited the earth from the beginning until now. The Torah refers to the GOD YWHW as the Eloha, which is singular. Also the same bible has countless references to the GOD of the Israelites being the one and only GOD. Here are "singular forms" from the same bible proving there is but one GOD and it certainly counters your ONE reference.

"God said to Moses, "I am who I am . This is what you are to say to the Israelites: 'I AM has sent me to you.' "- (Exodus 3:14)

"there is no one like Yahweh our God." Exodus 8:10

"Yahweh, He is God; there is no other besides Him." Deuteronomy 4:35

"Yahweh, He is God in heaven above and on the earth below; there is no other." Deuteronomy 4:39

"See now that I, I am He, And there is no god besides Me" Deuteronomy 32:39

"Hear, O Israel! Yahweh is our God, Yahweh is one [echad]!" Deuteronomy 6:4

"You are great, O Lord God; for there is none like You, and there is no God besides You" 2 Samuel 7:22

"For who is God, besides Yahweh? And who is a rock, besides our God?" 2 Samuel 22:32

"Yahweh is God; there is no one else." 1 Kings 8:60

"You are the God, You alone, of all the kingdoms of the earth." 2 Kings 19:15

"O Lord, there is none like You, nor is there any God besides You" 1 Chronicles 17:20

"You alone, Lord, are God." Isaiah 37:20

"Before Me there was no God formed, And there will be none after Me." Isaiah 43:10

"‘I am the first (Alpha) and I am the last (Omega), And there is no God besides Me." Isaiah 44:6

"Is there any God besides Me, Or is there any other Rock? I know of none." Isaiah 44:8

"I am Yahweh, and there is no other; Besides Me there is no God." Isaiah 45:5

"Surely, God is with you, and there is none else, No other God." Isaiah 45:14

"I am Yahweh, and there is none else." Isaiah 45:18

"Is it not I, Yahweh? And there is no other God besides Me, A righteous God and a Savior; There is none except Me." Isaiah 45:21

"I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and there is no one like Me" Isaiah 46:9

"And Yahweh will be king over all the earth; in that day Yahweh will be the only one [echad], and His name the only one [echad]." Zechariah 14:9

"The foremost is, ‘Hear, O Israel! The Lord our God is one Lord; " Mark 12:29

"you do not seek the glory that is from the one and only God?" John 5:44

"I and the Father are one." John 10:30

"This is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God" John 17:3

"since indeed God is one" Romans 3:30

"to the only wise God, Amen." Romans 16:27

"there is no God but one" 1 Corinthians 8:4

"yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom are all things and we exist for Him; and one [hen] Lord, Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we exist through Him." 1 Corinthians 8:6

"Now a mediator is not for one party only; whereas God is only one ." Galatians 3:20

"There is one body and one [hen] Spirit, one hope, one [hen] Lord, one faith, one baptism, one God and Father of all who is over all and through all and in all." Ephesians 4:4-6

"Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only [monos] God" 1 Timothy 1:17

"which He will bring about at the proper time—He who is the blessed and only Sovereign, the King of kings and Lord of lords, who alone possesses immortality and dwells in unapproachable light, whom no man has seen or can see. To Him be honor and eternal dominion! Amen." 1 Timothy 6:16

"For there is one God, and one mediator also between God and men, the man Christ Jesus," 1 Timothy 2:5

"You believe that God is one. You do well; the demons also believe, and shudder." James 2:19

"For certain persons deny our only Master and Lord, Jesus Christ." Jude 4

"the only God our Savior, through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen." Jude 25

I think that pretty much sums it up. I don't think it could have been made clear in the Bible (GOD's word) that HE ALONE is worthy of worship and praise and none other. CASE CLOSED!

[edit on 2-4-2010 by Phenomium]

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by noonebutme

as i was pointing out earlier, some of the letters in words had a dyslexia kind of modification between one generation and another. an example:

abzu became apsu. (notice the b and the z, have been modified just as a dyslexic would see it. the z is mirrored, the b is flipped upside down.).

i've traced several words from egypt, greece and rome, right back to sumer because i theorized the mirror flip might have played a role across borders...and it did.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Figure out how we got all the different face types spread amongst all of the colors BEFORE THE COLORS WERE THERE,and you will also figure out why we suddenly started speaking different languages.

We suddenly mutated for a short period of time for some reason,we were all originally the same,but suddenly we changed color,languages and cultures,all at the same time.

There was an event that affected the entire planet,we had a global econemy and culture,it was fractured physically in a global catastrophe ,each group of remnants was seperated by vast distance and had no technological support after the event,education,language ,and all technology were lost with the first generations passing,with a loss of all support systems we lost the ability to teach and to pass on our language ,if you cant learn to write HOW LONG DOES YOUR SPOKEN LANGUAGE LAST BEFORE YOU FORGET HOW TO WRITE AND MASTER IT?

Maybe you lose it and NEVER MASTER IT AGAIN,maybe you must begin building a new one from the remnants of the old.

What if you must rebuild EVERY ASPECT OF YOUR CULTURE IN A PARALELL PATH TO SEVERAL OTHER LARGE BUT SEPERATED GROUPS OF SURVIVORS.

How long till we figure out how to cross oceans after the event,maybe hundreds of years,we would have to start at canoes again and hope a lot of smart people are born fast.

Whatever caused the mutations and the seperation of humanity leading to the loss of culture and language is what we are hunting.

Maybe a tower was the cause of the problems in the first place,maybe it was a technological accident.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Possibly if we continue to blend races we will return to what we came from,maybe our differences werent natural in their developement.

If we continue to mix we should come full circle,barring another intervention and mutation.Say in 2012.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Thanks for the interesting theory. Whether it`s true or not, it brings up a fascinating topic as well as a welcome distraction from, well... you know!

Although I think the idea of Babel being a spaceship is admitedly fantastic sounding because of the obviously advanced technology, something I read in the book, "Martian Genesis", really struck a chord. The author believes, like some, that mankind has seen great technology before and possibly has gone through multiple periods of gaining technology and then losing it. This is all fine but it was a certain thing he said that I haven`t been able to forget. I don`t know exactly how he put it but it was something about how we went to the moon in `69 or whenever, and just a couple hundred years before that, we were living without electricity. So if you look at the tens of thousands of years of mankind`s history, you realize that a couple hundred years isn`t very long. So if someone back then discovered electricity and they started using it, perhaps they could have had amazing technologies too within a couple hundred years. And when you look at our known histoery you will find that science was hampered by religion. If another society did not have such limitations in thinking, I would imagine they could make some great progress. And remember, just because one nation might have technology doesn`t mean every nation will have it. The same is true today, while I`m posting on the web from my cellphone, someone in a 3rd world country is worshipping a snake. People like to say,"We would have found evidence by now." But maybe they didn`t have the same attitude towards technology as we do. Maybe they didn`t spread it all over the place and let everyone use it. Maybe it was kept secret for the king`s use to make him appear to be a God...

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Phenomium

His will be done, Amen!

Well spoken =)

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Deaf Alien

Don't get extraterrestrials confused with God and his angels. God can do anything in the blink of an eye, and that is what he did. By his divine power he changed their languages. Extraterrestrials are demons, not angels. Good post though.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
H guys, I can't but posting, ats is great! Anyway, in reponse to phenemon's post. Decent work, if there were other gods, why should we care? It doesn't concern anyone on this planet and there not the ones who created me or you. But I think the tower was real, maybe inter-dimensional but it had nothing to do with aliens. I think there's a theory that states if humanity was in peace our technology would hit a boom actually, i'm not sure. Ciao
But in other words, maybe someone can create a post that sepcualtes were god came from and if there is more then him. Ok bye

[edit on 2-4-2010 by malakiem]

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
A couple books come to mind. The idea of gods or ets suppressing mankinds ability to explore the universe reminds me of an arthur c clarke book i think called "childhood`s end". You`ll know what book I mean if you recognize the phrase, "The stars are not for man." Another book (this time I`m sure about the details), and this one specifically talks about Babel, is by Neal Stephenson and it`s called Snowcrash. I don`t want to go any further than that because I don`t want to spoil it. To me, one of the greateast gifts you can ever give someone is the name of a good book. And one of the worst crimes you can ever commit is to ruin the ending of a good book.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join