It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Tower of Babel - Alien Involvement

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 01:37 AM
link   
The Tower of Babel - Extraterrestrial Involvement

After being distracted by lengthy discussions with a couple of ATS members on Skype and being sidetracked, I'll just post this as is.
Take it as you will.

There was one time when language was not needed. Everyone could communicate to each other using telepathy. We had the ability to communicate through telepathy.

Until this time.

According to Genesis 11:1

“Now the whole world had one language and a common speech.”

Now to Genesis 11:5-7
“But the LORD came down to see the city and the tower that the men were building. 6 The LORD said, "If as one people speaking the same language they have begun to do this, then nothing they plan to do will be impossible for them. 7 Come, let us go down and confuse their language so they will not understand each other."

What has changed? Obviously you can't teach people different languages overnight.

It was the telepathic ability that was taken away.

Genesis 11:8-9
8 So the LORD scattered them from there over all the earth, and they stopped building the city. 9 That is why it was called Babel —because there the LORD confused the language of the whole world. From there the LORD scattered them over the face of the whole earth.

The extraterrestrials were scared of mankind unifying so they employ the divide and conquer strategy.

It has worked so well since. Look at the world today. Many wars are started over misunderstandings, different cultures, different religions, different languages, etc.

The LORD (Yahweh) is probably the head of a group of extraterrestrials. I am sure you all know of the Hebrew term Elohim (Genesis 1) which is a plural term that mean “gods” (it's actually translated as “gods” in few places in the Bible).

What is the reason, you ask? Remember the Garden of Eden story? “Gods” did not want Adam and Eve to become one of them. Again the “gods” became afraid in the story of the tower of Babel. “The LORD said, "If as one people speaking the same language they have begun to do this, then nothing they plan to do will be impossible for them. Come, let us go down and confuse their language so they will not understand each other." What was the “LORD” so afraid of?

Some questions were asked or comments provided by some ATS members on skype:

“They were building the tower to try to reach heaven and be with God. God scattered the peoples to the four corners of the Earth and confused their languages in order to keep them from communicating and trying to do such things.”

“I don't know how that would involve telepathy though” - Detailed Perfection

me - “How did the gods manage to teach them different languages overnight?”

“It takes a couple of years to learn one language”

DP - “Even though the people came from different lands, different cultures and religions ... They were still able to communicate, although it may not have been by verbiage, but rather mental.”

Thanks to Detailed Perfection and NorthStargal52 for the enlightening discussion on Skype.

Like I said, I was sidetracked by heavy discussion on Skype so I haven't had a chance to make this thread better but take it as you will.

Edited to correct some spelling and grammar.

[edit on 2-4-2010 by Deaf Alien]

Mod edit: fixed ats member's name on request

[edit on 6 Apr 2010 by Hellmutt]

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Deaf Alien

interesting post, da, as always are "tower of babel" posts.

my minimal output is that would it were only language differences that caused turmoil between men. unfortunately, whatever it is that causes havoc among men, it's more than language, obviously, because look at all the conflict amongst people who speak the same language. then, whether it's good or not, imagine the fact that so many understand or speak most common languages (like English, in particular) and yet still tow the line of aggression. no one goes misunderstood ("language-wise" in this world).

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Well, I for one, Am not real sure about this. If you think about it, we can all communicate with one another without using any language.

If I speak english and you speak Portugese you won't unerstand me. Give me a Stick and a flat peice of ground and I can make sure you understand me.

Think about Pictograms that the Ancients drew on walls and such. We know they drew Pictures to tell stories to others..

One major one comes to mind and that's the Picture of the Astronaut....

Mayans also used pictures to communicate to one another.

[edit on 2-4-2010 by Damian-007]

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Genesis 11:2-4 And it came to pass, as they journeyed from the east, that they found a plain in the land of Shinar; and they dwelt there. 3 And they said one to another, Go to, let us make brick, and burn them throughly. And they had brick for stone, and slime had they for morter. 4 And they said, Go to, let us build us a city and a tower, whose top may reach unto heaven; and let us make us a name, lest we be scattered abroad upon the face of the whole earth."

You have to wonder why they started building a tower to the heavens...
...on a plain...
...wouldn't it make more sense to get a head start by starting on a mountain?

Unless what they were building was really some kind of transporter device...
...or docking station for a vessel.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Excellent thread Deaf Alien.

I had never thought about it that way.

What do you think the "tower" itself was?

Do you think it was really a "tower" in the literal sense of the word?

I've heard people say in the past that it was some sort of rocket ship for space travel.

Maybe it was some sort of weapon?

interesting stuff.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Personally, I interpreted this verse much differently. One language could mean one common goal, money. Babel was the center of humanity, where people from all walks of life could come and trade goods. Greed became prevalent and so everyone started turning on each other and scattered. This could be plagued with famine, which eventually caused the downfall to Babel, similar with the Mayans.

Countries become at war with each other due to shortage of resources. No one could explain what had happened, so they blamed it on God.

My .o2

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 05:15 AM
link   
One of the best tales in the Bible... here's how I see it.

The tower itself is symbolic of mans reach and mans desire. The story itself is in its entirety therefore a symbolic reference for mans need to control himself and not attempt to be 'like a God', with ultimate attainment (completion of the tower) being god-like knowledge. The 'one language' being spoken is not a language as in a verbally spoken one, it is a language in the sense that it is what all humans have in common, their eternal quest to be like God and to seek knowledge. Keeping that in mind, and viewing the 'tower' not as something physical, but rather the actual representation of human progress, it becomes a more clearer picture. I think the story points towards humility and maintaining the natural order of things.

Or, you can see it is as being an actual tower, for which there is no evidence of, one single language, for which there is no evidence of, and alien intervention, for which there is no evidence of. Not that there is any evidence with what I'm saying, just an educated assumption.

Cheers, good thread.

[edit on 2/4/2010 by serbsta]

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 05:21 AM
link   
i think it was a verbal language. it was like they were stricken with dyslexia.
words that had "b" became "d" or "p"
the language barrier created inability to track history for thousands of years

and don't forget the akkadian version:

Once upon a time, there was no snake, there was no scorpion,
There was no hyena, there was no lion,
There was no wild dog, no wolf,
There was no fear, no terror,
Man had no rival.

In those days, the land Shubur-Hamazi,
Harmony-tongued Sumer, the great land of the me of princeship,
Uri, the land having all that is appropriate,
The land Martu, resting in security,
The whole universe, the people well cared for,
To Enlil in one tongue gave speech.

Then the lord defiant, the prince defiant, the king defiant,
Enki, the lord of abundance, whose commands are trustworthy,
The lord of wisdom, who scans the land,
The leader of the gods,
The lord of Eridu, endowed with wisdom,
Changed the speech in their mouths, put contention into it,
Into the speech of man that had been one.

excerpted from THE ENUMA ELISH.
deoxy.org...

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by troubleshooter

Genesis 11:2-4 And it came to pass, as they journeyed from the east, that they found a plain in the land of Shinar; and they dwelt there. 3 And they said one to another, Go to, let us make brick, and burn them throughly. And they had brick for stone, and slime had they for morter. 4 And they said, Go to, let us build us a city and a tower, whose top may reach unto heaven; and let us make us a name, lest we be scattered abroad upon the face of the whole earth."

...on a plain...

It's a massive gap in logic to go from building a tower on a plain to it being some sort of transporter device, especially in biblical times.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 06:01 AM
link   
(wasn't a tower. was a ziggurat

www.livius.org...

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 06:34 AM
link   
if you believe all that stuff then i don't see why the gods would be incapable of giving languages. Yes it takes us years to learn a language but we're talking about god(s), He or They created everything so why would they not have the power to install a language? In the scheme of things it seems a pretty minor thing to do it you're a god.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by hippomchippo

Originally posted by troubleshooter

...on a plain...

It's a massive gap in logic to go from building a tower on a plain to it being some sort of transporter device, especially in biblical times.

Yes you are correct, it is a 'massive gap in logic'...
...unless you have more pieces to join the dots of course.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Frakkerface

personally, i don't think they installed a language, i think they brought new people, from somewhere else in the universe, to the area, that had different languages and cultures. babel is "gate of god." so it really wasn't the tower of babel but the ziggurat of the gate of god. to be even more precise, it was spelled "babilu" in akkad and "ka.dingir.ra" in sumer. the word "bab" is a reference to the abyss gate or abzu gate of enki, which is later personified in tiamat, the chaotic water.

THEREFORE, the most accurate name for it, i can arrive at, is:

e.abzu of the abzu chaos water gate of enki (who was the water god). i have no idea where the other people were from, but if he brought them threw the gate, it could've been anywhere.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Well according to Zecharia Sitchin and his translation of Sumarian tablets, The twoer of Babel was built bu the god Marduk who was one of the sons of the Annunaki. Not that im saying that Sitchen was right (im not sure if his translations were correct personally) but if so then that would make the tower built by the aliens (Annunaki) for sure.

*note I personally think Sitchen was a little full of himself and quite possibly mad, but his ideas are fun.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by QBSneak000

if marduk built it, then he's nimrod/enmerkar/narmer/....osiris. cause that's who built it according to the ancient texts. read ENMERKAR AND THE LORD OF ARRATA, an akkadian text about the rebuilding of the sumerian god temples after the black sea flood. he was the first world emperor after the flood. he travelled to egypt, and started the pharaonic line at abydos and taught the people all the same things enki had taught the sumerians. i think he even travelled to india and china to do the same thing.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
This is a classic. Star and Flag for you.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Excellent thread. Star and Flag.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
So if I am reading this thread right, the language change is a large part of the op saying aliens were involved in the Babel story and the "scattering of man". Take a look at the book of Acts in the new testament. Chapter 2, verses 1-21. What is your theory/thought on this scene? Again languages changed, but everyone was hearing people speak in their "mother tongues".
I would be interested to see how ATS people see this...

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

i think the babel story is sorta backwards but pretty accurate. they were already scattered from all over the universe, brought here, which caused the chaos, and along with them came the divine council members, the watchers who oversaw their planets. theoretically, enki shanghaied people from other planets, via nimord, who was acting as his host body.

this verse kinda explains what happens next. it's moses talking, septuagint translation

DEUTERONOMY 32:7 Remember the days of old, consider the years for past ages: ask thy father, and he shall relate to thee, thine elders, and they shall tell thee. 8 When the Most High divided the nations, when He separated the sons of Adam, He set the bounds of the nations according to the number of the angels of God. 9 And His people Jacob became the portion of the Lord, Israel was the line of His inheritance. (Brenton's LXX)

book of jasher tells it this way

JASHER 9:31 And they built the tower and the city, and they did this thing daily until many days and years were elapsed. 32 And God said to the seventy angels who stood foremost before him, to those who were near to him, saying, Come let us descend and confuse their tongues, that one man shall not understand the language of his neighbor, and they did so unto them. (pub. 1887, J.H. Parry & Company, Salt Lake City, Utah)

my current view is that they didn't confuse their languages, that their languages were mixed together, and that the various cultures and races that were brought here at the time, were from places other than earth, overseen by the 70 angels it mentions. in effect, humans had been scattered all over the universe and some were brought here by enki. when this happened, nimrod got in trouble with the 70 , and they deposed him, had him killed, and became the leaders of their people on this planet. if that makes sense.

here's a link on the subject
www.herealittletherealittle.net...

as far as the day of pentecost is concerned, oh believe me, that idea has crossed my mind more than once!

[edit on 2-4-2010 by undo]

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Hadrian

The reason people still fight amongst each other is because there are still have and have nots.

Back then I presume everyone was equal with one another, food, water, and other resources weren't a problem.

What makes me wonder is, why gods/aliens would divide and conquer humans?

I have heard theories saying they like to harvest adrenal fluid and the possibility of harvesting other minerals from the human body. I.E. Calcium.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join