It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

****HUGE**** Shooting star - Just seen in Edinburgh!!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I'm really glad you posted this, Shauny.
I put out a call on Twitter for other observers, but nothing so far.
It would be ideal if someone in the area could take a drive down to the site and have a snoop around.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Attention seeking? A huge roaring meteor the size of two buses would have been reported on the news or local paper at least.

It;s funny the same thing happened to me years ago. I was watching tv very late one night, it was very dark, and my TV sat in front of a window, all of a sudden the sky lit up , literally lit up like it was day, and a massive fireball appeared below cloud level.

I'll I could say was "HOLY SH*T", is was truly massive, I was miles away and could see the detailed outlines of the shape and flume. I was like oh &^& it's going to hit and I actually waited for impact shock even though it was a good 10miles away ( or so it seemed). No impact or anything it just disappeared near ground level.

I immediately turned the news on thinking this thing has killed some people and heard nothing, in the news the next day ( paper and internet) there was no mention of it at all.

[edit on 2-4-2010 by wtfhuh]

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   
With all the cameras in the UK, you'd hope that at least one of them would show something, even in the sky.

Pity it wasn't in a public toilet

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I'm still can't believing.... This thread already has 8 pages with people discussing about a ****HUGE**** roaming shooting star that was seen and reported only by ONE person, that took NO pictures, that recorded NO videos and NO media has covered so far... Just regarding the thread was posted in the April's fool day...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/55a2f697ce81.png[/atsimg]

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by ucalien
I'm still can't believing.... This thread already has 8 pages with people discussing about a ****HUGE**** roaming shooting star that was seen and reported only by ONE person, that took NO pictures, that recorded NO videos and NO media has covered so far... Just regarding the thread was posted in the April's fool day...

At least were not debating whether or not an obvious shot of the tail of the space shuttle in orbit is a gigantic alien mothership. Now that would be REALLY stupid. Don't you think?

[edit on 2-4-2010 by RMFX1]

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Actually, it was seen by two ATS members.
A shooting star is not an outlandish occurence, so I see no reason for him to make up a mundane story like that.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by RMFX1

At least were not debating whether or not an obvious shot of the tail of the space shuttle in orbit is a gigantic alien mothership. Now that would be REALLY stupid. Don't you think?

[edit on 2-4-2010 by RMFX1]

anyway, i don't think the OP has any reason to lie, when he posted this it was already april 2nd, so i'm guessing he at least saw something. probably not an airplane crash as some have suggested, that would be all over the news.

now if it was something TPTB don't want you hear about, then you won't hear about it.

[edit on 2-4-2010 by bladebosq] damn you firefox! won't save my edit!

[edit on 2-4-2010 by bladebosq]

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by RMFX1

Nice the very mature way you deal with criticism.... by the way I'm still waiting anyone to prove that pic is the tail of the space shuttle. But's ok, go back to your very productive discussion about the ghost shooting star.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
LOL

A bloke goes out for a smoke.... Right : Cigs - check. Lighter - check. Video Camera - check. DSLR Camera - check. Night Vision Goggles - check....

Come on! EVEN if he had a camera by the time he would have switched it on or geared it up to shoot the thing would has disappeared. Unless you are setup to shoot this stuff with gear configured and pointing in the sky you are not going to get this stuff on film. That’s why most stuff is usually crappy video surveillance footage as that’s about the only thing on recording everything in the UK! :-)

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaisyAnne

Actually, it was seen by two ATS members.
A shooting star is not an outlandish occurence, so I see no reason for him to make up a mundane story like that.

Hey!
The "Huge" event has all the characteristics of a UFO sighting. Enough people "Saw" it, but no physical evidence.

That's the characteristics of an Act of God

That God guy has a cool sense of humor.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
ok i'm a little confused right now...

did this happen in the Scotland or the UK?

OP says he's from Scotland but a lot of people here are saying UK... so whats up with that?

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by DaisyAnne

Actually, it was seen by two ATS members. A shooting star is not an outlandish occurence, so I see no reason for him to make up a mundane story like that.

Hmmmmmmm.... two people have seen the ****HUGE***** roaming ghost shooting star.... It's getting better... maybe until December 9 or 10 will report it, too...

But it's ok, still bashing the guy that pointed out another April's fool joke...

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by bladebosq

OP says he's from Scotland but a lot of people here are saying UK... so whats up with that?

It happened in a bottle of Scotch, or was it a bottle of Irish Whisk?

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   

I'm driving out to Falkirk / Grangemouth to cinema tonight and I'll be in Edinburgh on Saturday. St.Andrews on Sunday then back to Cumbernauld area again on Monday. I'll let you guys know if I come across anything strange on my travels

C.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by etcorngods

LMAO

that possibility i had not considered... hehehehe

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Hmmmmmm... the guy that posted this thread said the shooting star had the size of two buses... What kind of bus?? European urban bus?? American Greyhound like bus??? Well, if there was any impact, could be a new Tunguska, couldn't??? It's quite weird that media hadn't covered it, so far... But it's ok, I'll start to say here this thread was another April's fool joke, before someone shoot me...

[edit on 2-4-2010 by ucalien]

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Christensen

I'm driving out to Falkirk / Grangemouth to cinema tonight and I'll be in Edinburgh on Saturday. St.Andrews on Sunday then back to Cumbernauld area again on Monday. I'll let you guys know if I come across anything strange on my travels

C.

Awesome.
Please do let us know.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by etcorngods

Originally posted by bladebosq ok i'm a little confused right now... did this happen in the Scotland or the UK? OP says he's from Scotland but a lot of people here are saying UK... so whats up with that?

Was that the famous peculiar British sense of humor????

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Idiot.....
I know that texas is an american state
Why do you not know that scotland is in the uk?

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by shauny

Originally posted by alchemist2012
AM coast to coast will be on in a minute maybe george noory will have some info

Link ?
PLEASE...

Shauny.

Also.
Just nipped to the window again.
Can still hear boombing noises and a helicopter in the distance.
Its out of sight, otherside of the hill.

FRUSTRATED !

why not record the sound, I mean we have nothing at the moment.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join